Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: The EEeee's & Me  (Read 9066 times)

shelliott

Re: The EEeee's & Me
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2011, 08:39:36 AM »

I was a fan of your Facebook postings, and admire your style of writing!  Your the time commitment, emotional energy, and dedication in writing this book is something we all appreciate. Thank you for sharing a part of yourself with us and with RRP. I will definitely buy a book and keep it in my "eagle office." Best of luck to you and to RRP who benefits from your love of writing and your love for the Decorah eagles!

schneid ~ Thank You!  I'll be waiting for your book too!  I understand we both have "the Decorah Bald Eagles love story" as subtitles .... and it makes me smile.  Who wasn't besotted with these fuzzy little bobbleheaded charmers?  We should have known just by their bandit eyemasks they would steal our hearts!!

shelliott

« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2011, 08:43:41 AM »

I remember not being able to go to bed until I read your daily writings Sheri - can't wait to order the book.  You were such an inspiration and the writing was beautiful - hoping you are planning on writing again this year with the new brood..

pattie ~ Thank You!! I have been overwhelmed and humbled with the comments and 'likes' left while I was posting the 'Whatta Day' summaries for RRP on their facebook wall, and again with the release of the book.  I think we all had a terrible time saying goodnight to them every night!!  Maybe this will be our new bedtime story!  ;)

shelliott

« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2011, 08:48:02 AM »

Sherri... I wasn't on facebook last season, but have heard so much about you and your posts that I HAD to order your book, just to see what sounded like a very cool concept!  Can't wait to read it! 

ra ~ Thank You!!  I hope you enjoy reading all the daily observations ... our little family was so entertaining, weren't they?   I tried to capture as much as I could each day, and doing final research sifting through mountains of video, even I discovered little behaviors that were new to me, but captured for posterity by the great history left by our videographers!

ra

« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2011, 09:43:33 AM »

Sherri... I wasn't on facebook, chat, or the forum until August 1, so I am STILL seeing stuff I didn't see when the e's were growing up!  All I did was watch the nest every minute I could, so you can imagine what I am still learning!    ;D
Wisdom doesn't necessarily come with age.
Sometimes, age just shows up by itself.

NW SC USA

shelliott

« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2011, 11:25:43 AM »

OhMiGosh, ra .... then I hope you will really love seeing our eee's daily adventures, and why we are confirmed Eagle-holics, Beak Geeks, and Bird Nerds!  ::)

Nora in IA

• Nora and Kiwi 2006 (King Plant, Bayport, MN)
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2011, 12:05:33 PM »

The one we're getting for our neighbor for Christmas was just ordered, I'll have to get mine later, sigh.  Can't wait to see it!
NE Iowa

shelliott

« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2011, 12:35:18 PM »

The one we're getting for our neighbor for Christmas was just ordered, I'll have to get mine later, sigh.  Can't wait to see it!

Hi Nora ~ If you can take advantage of the blurb savings code NORUDOLPH before 11:59pm on Friday, Dec. 9th, it will save $9.99 off shipping charges.  A really good $avings! 

Nice of you to get your neighbor The EEeee's for Christmas ... guess you could always cut open the clear plastic wrap, have a careful, quick read, and wrap as a barely used present!  (oops, did I say that?)  lol

mjot

• Three Little Eagles and How They Grew:Jacob'sStory
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2011, 01:11:59 PM »

Sherri, just had a moment to try to catch up on postings. Congratulations on the publication of your book. You should feel good about that (and I know you do). Mary Jo
First book on Decorah eagles: "Three Little Eagles and How They Grew!Jacob's Story"
8.5x11",softcover,43 pg.
100%proceeds now go to Friends of Fish Hatchery-Order: www.amazon.com or  www.eaglechildrensbook.com
All ages love Decorah eagle photos/story in book+plush toy BE:$12.95 each,$25 bk&toy

shelliott

« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2011, 01:23:48 PM »

Sherri, just had a moment to try to catch up on postings. Congratulations on the publication of your book. You should feel good about that (and I know you do). Mary Jo

Thank You mj ~ I do, I do!!  I am in "Eaglephoria" .... a new word for our Eaglish Diction-Aerie .. defined as: A heightened state of consciousness at an altitude equivalent to soaring in the thermals!!

Fans & friends comments have been so gracious and heartwarming ... Whatta High!!   

Nora in IA

• Nora and Kiwi 2006 (King Plant, Bayport, MN)
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2011, 04:33:37 PM »

The one we're getting for our neighbor for Christmas was just ordered, I'll have to get mine later, sigh.  Can't wait to see it!

Hi Nora ~ If you can take advantage of the blurb savings code NORUDOLPH before 11:59pm on Friday, Dec. 9th, it will save $9.99 off shipping charges.  A really good $avings!  

Nice of you to get your neighbor The EEeee's for Christmas ... guess you could always cut open the clear plastic wrap, have a careful, quick read, and wrap as a barely used present!  (oops, did I say that?)  lol
I can't get mine that soon.  Oh I plan on checking to be sure it looks ok, just a quick scan  ;)  After all if the plastic is on he can't quick flip it open like he usually does.  :D
NE Iowa

shelliott

« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2011, 07:55:40 PM »

duphoff ~ I'm excited for people to start receiving it!  LOL .... I really hope you enjoy it!  ;)   

shelliott

« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2011, 05:09:05 PM »

Just tried it again and it said, the code had reached its maximum use.

mteresa1 ... I don't understand that, because this is the email that blurb sent out:

Seasons greetings,

No reindeer to call your own? No problem. We'll help get your gifts to you with some savings on shipping. Just place your order before December 9, 2011, type in NORUDOLPH at checkout, and save $9.99 on your shipping total.*

Put the finishing touches on your books (AKA best gifts ever) or start something new and be your own DIY Santa. No reindeer required.

Happy holiday bookmaking,

The Blurberati

*Discount valid through December 9, 2011 (11:59 p.m. local time). Offer applies to shipping costs for one order shipped to one address up to US $9.99, GBP £6.99, EUR €7.99, AUD $15.99, or CAD $10.99. This offer is good for one-time use, and cannot be combined with volume discounts, other promotional codes, gift cards, or used for adjustments on previous orders.

I would send blurb customer service an email and ask why that is happening.  Their offer says nothing at all about "reaching their maximum" ... best wishes!!

shelliott

« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2011, 03:11:25 PM »

I echo Ra's earlier comments.  I watched the nest and was on chat, but didn't do the FB postings.  Through word of mouth, I've heard about your postings and the book, and ordered this morning!  Can't wait!  Thank you.

Thank You treetop!  I hope you will enjoy it very much ... and just in time for Christmas, and a whole new nest season!

shelliott

« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2011, 10:43:36 PM »

Hi mayreee ~ I am really sorry to hear you had such a difficult time. 

Please copy your letter and send it to blurb customer service.  I have found them to be an excellent company to deal with, and I am certain they would not like to lose a customer.  You may have to wait until Monday, weekends are minimally staffed, but I know you will get a response and someone to help you get the order processed.  During this time frame you would have also been able to get $9.99 off of the shipping using their code word NORUDOLPH.  Please send them all the details.   Best wishes!

iverburl

« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2011, 08:37:44 PM »

Coupons, Coupon Codes & Discounts

20% off at Blurb until Dec 31  Code: BLURB20     

Don't forget to google "blurb discounts" before ordering.  There is usually at least one active discount.  I got free shipping, which I believe is expired now,but I just found this %20 off one now.  Try it.  ~burl
Changing times require unchanging principles.