Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: The EEeee's & Me  (Read 9067 times)

mjot

• Three Little Eagles and How They Grew:Jacob'sStory
Re: The EEeee's & Me
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2011, 11:45:23 AM »

Best wishes for a successful proof. One minor correction, Three Little Eagles was actually the first book out on Decorah eagles. It doesn't matter, just "for the record". :)
First book on Decorah eagles: "Three Little Eagles and How They Grew!Jacob's Story"
8.5x11",softcover,43 pg.
100%proceeds now go to Friends of Fish Hatchery-Order: www.amazon.com or  www.eaglechildrensbook.com
All ages love Decorah eagle photos/story in book+plush toy BE:$12.95 each,$25 bk&toy

shelliott

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2011, 01:07:03 PM »

Best wishes for a successful proof. One minor correction, Three Little Eagles was actually the first book out on Decorah eagles. It doesn't matter, just "for the record".

mjot ~ I meant that I was honored to already be a co-author in another book ... MY FIRST... about the wonderful EEeee's.   I'm sorry if you misunderstood, or if you took umbrage. I am thrilled the EEeee's are getting so much attention, and their story will continue to play out in a variety of ways for all Eagle-holics to enjoy.  I think ALL the books finished or in progress gives everyone a remarkable choice, as they all seem quite unique.

shelliott

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2011, 01:17:29 PM »

dawagonmama: 
Congrats to you Sherri. Can't wait for it to come out so I can get one.

DonnaBro(djbwisconsin): 
Your Whatta Day posts were the highlight of last year.  I could hardly wait for them, they were so entertaining.  Congrats on the book and look forward to getting a copy.  I really hope you will be able to continue Whatta Day for 2012.

dawagonmama & DonnaBro ~  I'm sorry to have inadvertently left you both of my list of thank you's.   So, Thank You, Thank You!   Your comments are very appreciated.  And, DonnaBro  ... I'm just trying to get thru this "Whatta Day" for today!!  lol   ;)

mjot

• Three Little Eagles and How They Grew:Jacob'sStory
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2011, 04:31:56 PM »

shelliott, thanks for replying. Enormous interest in the eagle family and that's tremendous, right? Plenty of subject matter for a lot of books, interest too, I think.
First book on Decorah eagles: "Three Little Eagles and How They Grew!Jacob's Story"
8.5x11",softcover,43 pg.
100%proceeds now go to Friends of Fish Hatchery-Order: www.amazon.com or  www.eaglechildrensbook.com
All ages love Decorah eagle photos/story in book+plush toy BE:$12.95 each,$25 bk&toy

shelliott

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2011, 12:28:02 AM »

Dearest Mod  ~ I am overcome with emotion reading your beautiful and heartwarming thoughts, and especially your wonderful poem to me.  As our dear friend En would say, "you broke my eyes ... they are leaking."

I can't possibly begin to express my sincere and heartfelt thanks to you for the sentiments you expressed here in this forum, or for the help, guidance, support and inspiration given freely at each step along the way while my book was being written. I am forever grateful!

I think that anyone who participated in the daily Facebook chatter  would agree with me that it was You, Mod II, and Mod III that heightened our viewing experience and expanded our increasing understanding, awareness and appreciation of raptors while observing our famous EEeee's. 

Whatta Thrill this is and continues to be!  It is a blessing and an honor to pay forward the gift given with this book.

Thanks very, very much Mod  ... Whatta Day ... Whatta Year!! 

shelliott

« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2011, 01:27:01 PM »

Dave, my dear friend ... the waterworks are really flowing now!  I am honored beyond belief by your deep sentiments to me, and the quote by Oscar Wilde is so exquisite, as is your own unique spin on it. 

I can't begin to thank you for the many times you have been there for me over these past months with encouragment, support, and as a sounding board to share ideas. 

Of all the things the EEeee's gave us, (and believe me, they are too numerous to count), the one constant has been the bonding of the family of fans beyond the nestbowl.  Who'da thunk that some of the friendships during this nest season would lead to forever friends!

I was blown away with your moving and lovely video "Tributes" of our EEeee's and consider myself one of your biggest fans.  Your giving heart is in each and every frame of footage you collect, and magically splice together with just the perfect musical accompaniement to give us keepsakes we will long remember.  I thank you very much for sharing those with all of us, and also thank you for special photo help you gave going through film by the fraction of a second to help supply me with all the frenzied aeronautics of our JuvEEE's at their most exhuberent personal best.

Thank you again dear friend for having the heart and compassion that you do, and for your beautiful comments left today for all to see!  ILY Dave!!

shelliott

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2011, 03:48:27 PM »

Thanks RRP MOD1 ~ The book has hatched!!  Appreciate your posting very much!!  :)

shelliott

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2011, 03:51:12 PM »

Just ordered my book - can't wait.  Thanks to all involved. If only E3 would autograph it for  me it would absolutely perfect

indianola ~ Thanks & I hope you love it!  sshhhh ... but there might just be some taloned footprints in there!

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2011, 05:08:13 PM »

Ordered Mine and waiting for the landing!!!!!!!So excited!!!
"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" www.edgarsmission.org.au
New Jersey (south Jersey)

iverburl

« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2011, 09:00:04 PM »

Use this promotion code now at blurb and get free shipping (save $7.99)
on Sherri's book.  I just did it and it worked.  ~burl

NORUDOLPH
Changing times require unchanging principles.

shelliott

« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2011, 09:06:24 PM »

Ordered Mine and waiting for the landing!!!!!!!So excited!!!

LBLNJ0668 ~ So happy and I hope you will really love it as much as I do!  Thanks!!!   ;)

shelliott

« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2011, 09:07:40 PM »

Congratulations on your launch.  I wish you great success.

Totenzwerg ~ Thanks so much!!  And best wishes to you too!

shelliott

« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2011, 09:11:06 PM »

Use this promotion code now at blurb and get free shipping (save $7.99)
on Sherri's book.  I just did it and it worked.  NORUDOLPH

iverburl ~ Thanks!! Hope you will enjoy this nestbook!   The email I got from blurb today says the NORUDOLPH code is good thru 11:59pm December 9, 2011 and is good for $9.99 off of your shipping.   Either way it's a huge shipping savings ... but everyone needs to be aware of the expiration date!   ::)

ra

« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2011, 08:33:32 AM »

Sherri... I wasn't on facebook last season, but have heard so much about you and your posts that I HAD to order your book, just to see what sounded like a very cool concept!  Can't wait to read it!
Wisdom doesn't necessarily come with age.
Sometimes, age just shows up by itself.

NW SC USA

shelliott

« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2011, 08:35:53 AM »

Thank you for sharing your fond memories with all of us!  They are all memories that we have experienced right along with you and you put it together so we could relive it from your diary.  I did not follow the FB pages, so it will be all new to me - great idea!  

darcicam ~ Thank you so much!  I followed Ustream for a while, but it was harder and harder to get logged in as each little e hatched, so RRP's facebook page was home for me.  The one constant in this whole wonderful experience are the friendships formed while we were surrogate parenting, and how universally loved this family was while we were glued to our computer chairs!  I really hope you enjoy reliving the experience from a new perspective!