Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: The EEeee's & Me  (Read 9068 times)

mrsfalcon

• Administrator
The EEeee's & Me
« on: September 27, 2011, 12:00:50 AM »

This book by Sherri Elliott will feature complete daily events and milestones, including her Whatta Day summaries.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 12:02:37 AM by mrsfalcon »

shelliott

Re: The EEeee's & Me
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 08:59:05 AM »

Thank You Amy!   :o  Screee, Screee, Screee!   And, thanks to all the Eagle-holics who kept asking for my "Whatta Day" summaries on the RRP Facebook page.  I am so pleased to announce that my book, "The EEeee's & Me", will be published soon, and proceeds will benefit Raptor Resource Project.

Taken from the pages of my daily journal, it's the love story we had with our EEeee's, and follows the 2011 season beginning with first nestorations by Mom and Dad through final fledge.  It will be softcover, journal size and filled with every milestone moment in pictures and daily narration.  Whatta Adventure!!

shelliott

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 01:34:03 PM »

Thank You David!  I was so very thrilled and humbled by the hundreds of comments from fans who enjoyed the nightly "Whatta Days",  and I hope that all beak geeks will enjoy this whimsical look at our EEeee's as we put our life on hold and sat nestside for nearly 8 months!  Did we ever think it was possible to love this feathered family so much?? 

And rightbackatcha dear friend for your moving tribute videos that I continue to replay, even though they make my eyes leak!   :-*

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 04:26:02 PM »

OME!!!! When I first saw the title in the subject line I new it had to be something you were doing!!!  I am soooo excited!!! As soon as I read that you are doing a journal like book on your whatta days! I was grinning from eat to ear.  I am so excited!! I always talked about your summaries of the days to my family and friends.  Now I get to share them with everyone!!!

Congratulations on doing this.

It will be a big hit!!!!!  Are you going to continue doing this for 2012?? I so hope so!!
"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" www.edgarsmission.org.au
New Jersey (south Jersey)

Faith

• ChatMods
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2011, 05:55:44 PM »

Oh my!  I'm going to have to buy a new set of bookshelves just for all my new Decorah Eagle books!!

shelliott

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2011, 09:09:41 PM »

LBLNJ, Faith, Pattie, White Bear & Nana ~ Wow, your comments have me beaming!  I can't tell you how thrilled I am at the response already.  Thanks!   And writing for the 2012 season?  LOL   I need to finish this season first, but I admit I'm so excited seeing M&D doing construction and re-Decorah-ating already that I can't wait for next nest and becoming surrogate parents again!  The book should be available by the end of October, and I'll keep you all up to date with announcements here.  Again, thanks so much ~ Whatta Day this has been! 

shelliott

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2011, 11:29:18 PM »

Raptorfan, duphoff and indianola ~ Your comments are so heartwarming ... thank you!!  I'm at the final edit stage, simultaneously smiling, laughing and crying reliving every milestone moment we hold dear with our EEeee's. I hope you all will love this 'love story' we all shared!

lovethemeagles

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2011, 11:12:02 AM »

Sherri, how wonderful for you! Alway enjoyed your stories. Can't wait. Congrats!

shelliott

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2011, 04:09:43 PM »

SCREEE!  I'm so excited!!  My book, "The EEeee's & Me", is finished and at the publisher!

Whatta Experience!  It's 152 pages with nearly 500 color photographs, some never seen before and generously supplied by fans who visited the nest, and filled with all the observations taken from my daily journal including the 'Whatta Day' summaries that were posted on the RRP facebook wall.  The publisher's proof copy is on the way, and if it looks as beautiful in hand as it does on the screen, it will be available for sale next week.

Thank you fellow Beak Geeks, Eagle-holics and Bird Nerds for your continuing support and encouragement.
I am so blessed to have shared this incredible adventure with all of you and to support Raptor Resource Project with book proceeds as a pay it forward for the gift they have given.  I hope you will be as thrilled as I am to have our love story with the EEeee's this nest season documented with every milestone moment we remember.

[attachment deleted by admin]

andiebiz

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2011, 05:09:37 PM »

Now I know what's gonna be at the top of my Christmas list!!!

Congratulations Sherri on your wonderful accomplishment  ;D

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2011, 05:33:19 PM »

I am soo excited!!!!!!!!!  I will be checking daily so I could be one of the first one's to order!!!!!  ;D
"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" www.edgarsmission.org.au
New Jersey (south Jersey)

mjot

• Three Little Eagles and How They Grew:Jacob'sStory
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2011, 06:27:36 PM »

Congratulations on the progress with your book! from Mary Jo, author of Three Little Eagles and How They Grew.
First book on Decorah eagles: "Three Little Eagles and How They Grew!Jacob's Story"
8.5x11",softcover,43 pg.
100%proceeds now go to Friends of Fish Hatchery-Order: www.amazon.com or  www.eaglechildrensbook.com
All ages love Decorah eagle photos/story in book+plush toy BE:$12.95 each,$25 bk&toy

Nora in IA

• Nora and Kiwi 2006 (King Plant, Bayport, MN)
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2011, 10:17:22 AM »

Sounds great!  Do you know a ball park amount of $ for it so a person can plan ahead if they need to watch their pennies?
NE Iowa

shelliott

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2011, 02:12:01 PM »

Travis~ Thanks Pal  .. can't wait to get the first copy in my hands!!
Kelli ~ Thanks so much.  I've always admired your own design sensibility so I appreciate your comment very much!
Andie ~ Thank You.  Tell Santa you've been very good!
LBLNJO - Thank You ... keep watching this thread for the final 'on sale now' announcement.
Rockn' ~ Thank You so much!
MJ ~ Thank You ... and congratulations to you too on the successful finish to your children's book!
kdavis ~ Thanks, 'whatta' lovely thing to say!!
joandeere ~ Thanks .... pretty partial to the cover, too!

For Nora & others wondering about cost:  It will be $33.95 & shipping.  I went with blurb, because RRP used them for the coffee table book, (and the quality was exceptional) but also because it is print on demand.  Meaning that in this economy, if pinching pennies is a necessity, it will always be available and can be ordered anytime.  Blurb will also be going to an ebook format sometime soon, and I found that attractive for those who like ebooks.

This is not just a 'word' book.  Our love story is filled with anywhere from 4 to 7 photos per page to correspond to the daily journal observations.  I'm really proud of the hundreds of hours put into the overall design aesthetic, and the narrative of the EEeee's daily antics.  There was a lot of thought put into making this a wonderful keepsake we could all cherish.  And proceeds will help to further the wonderful work of RRP in a pay-it-forward fashion, which has always been my foremost goal.   ;)

shelliott

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2011, 10:45:26 AM »

so excited about this book-can't wait to order it-I want all the decorah eagle books.  I have 2 now and can't wait for the other 2.

duphoff, Thank You!!  I was so honored to be part of the first Decorah Eagles book, the coffee table book.  I promise you that this will have the same exceptional quality.  It's a scrapbook (err, nestbook) of our 2011 season!   I can hardly wait to get my author's proof of "The EEeee's & Me" in hand!!