Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Decorah Eagle Coffee Table Book: The Decorah Bald Eagles  (Read 9936 times)

Nora in IA

• Nora and Kiwi 2006 (King Plant, Bayport, MN)
Re: Decorah Eagle Coffee Table Book: The Decorah Bald Eagles
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2011, 02:12:06 PM »

This book will be available is available on Blurb.com. It is a coffee table book by four Decorah Eagle fans: Char Fleming, Cynthia Hansen, Darlene Miller, and Sherri Elliott. The book has over 430 photos, including screenshots and photographs, and is printed on matte-finish paper.

http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/2462022

Amy Ries

There is a 20% off coupon on the blurb site that you can use this week for the Decorah Eagles book.  The code is : QUALITY.  
NOW there's one, oh well, love the book anyway, it came yesterday.  ???  Went to see it for the heck of it and where did you find it in case anyone else is ordering and can't find it either???
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 02:15:02 PM by Nora in IA »
NE Iowa

Nora in IA

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2011, 04:35:08 PM »

To find the coupon, you have to be in the process of ordering the book.  It is on the last page of these steps. 

Ok, got you.  That's good to know for anyone still ordering, thanx!
NE Iowa

andiebiz

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2011, 07:28:42 PM »

I know the book financially benefits RRP; however, does anyone know if the purchase technically qualifies as an IRS "tax-deductible" contribution to a non-profit? ??? [just want to know if I should save receipt, ha!]

Amy - thank you for the above requested info under the new thread "Tax Deductibility" It is so appreciated and will help many of us out!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 07:30:23 PM by andiebiz »

DeborahG

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2011, 05:16:20 AM »

Just got an email that my book has been shipped and may be here tomorrow  ;D. I am very excited, my nose will be pressed to the window waiting  ;). I even bought a new coffee table to put it on.

DeborahG

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2011, 03:31:57 PM »

I received my Coffee Table book today. It is a beautiful book and I will treasure it, many thanks to everyone that worked on it.

iverburl

« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2011, 12:46:39 PM »

DeborahG.  How does it look on your new coffee table?  ~burl
Changing times require unchanging principles.

DeborahG

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2011, 01:35:46 PM »

Burl, a photo for you, had to do a bit of dusting first, I will blame it on the Eagle watching  ;). My husband came in last night and said "oh my gosh they put your name on it", it was a little dark in there, Decorah and Deborah are real close except for one letter  ;D.

[attachment deleted by admin]

iverburl

« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2011, 02:29:39 PM »

Deborah.  Looks beautiful.  What a hoot, about your name.  Your husband knows your'e a certified eagle lover!  ~burl
Changing times require unchanging principles.

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2011, 07:21:53 PM »

count 9 paper pages from the back of the book. on the right side is E2 on a chain link fence.   on the left side is E2 and under E2 is a FROG!!
YES I SAID A FROG !!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Too Funny, I just noticed that!!!! No one who I showed the book noticed it as well.  You are too observant!!!  Way to go!!  ;D
"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" www.edgarsmission.org.au
New Jersey (south Jersey)

Nora in IA

« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2011, 02:42:08 PM »

count 9 paper pages from the back of the book. on the right side is E2 on a chain link fence.   on the left side is E2 and under E2 is a FROG!!
YES I SAID A FROG !!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
It looks like it has it's mouth open smiling  :D
NE Iowa

julie

• "and he will lift you up on eagle's wings" hymn
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2011, 11:04:48 AM »

welcome Chaplin Georgia  to the forum.  There are many tings on this forum from very relaxed thrad the beak room under the lounge thread to fairly serious discussion the decorah eagles 2012 discussion trad to help for wildlife and get te lead out. so explore and of have ?? just ask someone will respond and at the keast point u in the right direction.  welcome again  julie
"Never underestimate the power of a small group of committed people to change the world. In fact, it is the only thing that ever has."  Margaret Mead
One of these was Bob Anderson may he rest in peace.

mjot

• Three Little Eagles and How They Grew:Jacob'sStory
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2011, 04:20:06 PM »

Does anyone know if the discount on the coffee table book is still available? I have been so busy with Three Little Eagles book that I may have missed the opportunity to get the coffee table book at a discount. I will purchase one anyway, but it would be nice to be able to save a little on it if I can.
First book on Decorah eagles: "Three Little Eagles and How They Grew!Jacob's Story"
8.5x11",softcover,43 pg.
100%proceeds now go to Friends of Fish Hatchery-Order: www.amazon.com or  www.eaglechildrensbook.com
All ages love Decorah eagle photos/story in book+plush toy BE:$12.95 each,$25 bk&toy

Nora in IA

« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2011, 09:33:31 AM »

Does anyone know if the discount on the coffee table book is still available? I have been so busy with Three Little Eagles book that I may have missed the opportunity to get the coffee table book at a discount. I will purchase one anyway, but it would be nice to be able to save a little on it if I can.
I'm not sure if this will help or not, I just got it in an e-mail.  It's also for two or more books.

If you're like us, you make lists — lots of them. To-do lists, books-to-read lists, and at this time of year — gift lists. Here's an easy way to take care of your gifts in one fell swoop. Make and order two or more books by November 28 and save 25%.* Type in the promo code HURRY at checkout and save big. But don't put it off — these savings are only around for a short time.  
NE Iowa

mjot

« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2011, 12:53:26 PM »

Thank you for the info, Nora. It is helpful. You are so helpful to so many of us, so encouraging to each one.
First book on Decorah eagles: "Three Little Eagles and How They Grew!Jacob's Story"
8.5x11",softcover,43 pg.
100%proceeds now go to Friends of Fish Hatchery-Order: www.amazon.com or  www.eaglechildrensbook.com
All ages love Decorah eagle photos/story in book+plush toy BE:$12.95 each,$25 bk&toy

mjot

« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2011, 05:00:16 PM »

I just ordered my coffee table book and I really look forward to getting it. Mary Jo
8.5x11",softcover,43 pg.