Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Children's Eagle Book: Three Little Eagles and How They Grew  (Read 16377 times)

mjot

• Three Little Eagles and How They Grew:Jacob'sStory
Re: Children's Eagle Book: Three Little Eagles and How They Grew
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2011, 07:06:25 AM »

Thank you, Nora! You are a great help.
First book on Decorah eagles: "Three Little Eagles and How They Grew!Jacob's Story"
8.5x11",softcover,43 pg.
100%proceeds now go to Friends of Fish Hatchery-Order: www.amazon.com or  www.eaglechildrensbook.com
All ages love Decorah eagle photos/story in book+plush toy BE:$12.95 each,$25 bk&toy

mjot

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2011, 02:21:40 PM »

What wonderful comments! Thank you for the encouragement. I have been hoping that the volume of sales will result in a nice donation to RRP, one of my major motivations in writing the book, as you know. Your sincere and timely posting is very much appreciated.
First book on Decorah eagles: "Three Little Eagles and How They Grew!Jacob's Story"
8.5x11",softcover,43 pg.
100%proceeds now go to Friends of Fish Hatchery-Order: www.amazon.com or  www.eaglechildrensbook.com
All ages love Decorah eagle photos/story in book+plush toy BE:$12.95 each,$25 bk&toy

mjot

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2011, 07:16:40 PM »

Today I received a thank you card from a seven-year old girl. If I can figure out how to capture the actual image to a post, I will do that later.  In the meantime, here is what she says in the note:
"Dear Mary Jo (smiley inserted here). I love the book that you gave me  what is it called again  o yay I remember the Littel eagles and how they grew  thaks so much  I apresheat it  from B."
My comment here: Is that endearing, or what!? I was touched to receive this.
---Mary Jo
8.5x11",softcover,43 pg.

Faith

• ChatMods
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2011, 07:32:43 PM »

Mary Jo, I'm betting that one note makes it all worthwhile to you!  It is something you will remember forever! :)

Nora in IA

• Nora and Kiwi 2006 (King Plant, Bayport, MN)
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2011, 07:41:31 PM »

Oh how neat!  Do you have a scanner?  Scan it in and save it as a .jpg and post it.  If you're not sure on posting it just e-mail it to me with the thingie by the PM thingie and I'll post it for you, definitely worth sharing. 
NE Iowa

mjot

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2011, 08:46:29 PM »

Faith and Nora, yes this is memorable. I will try to get it scanned and posted by end of week. Thanks for your feedback. The child's mother told me some time ago that her daughter would be sending a note and I responded that it wasn't necessary but that I would love to hear from her and even meet her sometime. Wouldn't that be fun.
8.5x11",softcover,43 pg.

mjot

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2011, 08:04:18 PM »

what an exciting day yesterday, with release of DJ. Nora's pictures, Julie's, really helped feeling like being there.
8.5x11",softcover,43 pg.

mjot

« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2011, 06:41:33 PM »

A cool note from young parents, received today: "We've all enjoyed your story about the eagle couple and their babies so much! Our (two-year old son) likes to bring the eaglet with him (along with a stuffed monkey he has) to dinner, to bed and on outings in the car.  Congratulations and we wish you much success in distributing your book!"

By the way, I am working on an avatar for myself which should appear soon. N., thank you for your help.
--Mary Jo
8.5x11",softcover,43 pg.

Nora in IA

• Nora and Kiwi 2006 (King Plant, Bayport, MN)
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2011, 10:00:56 PM »

(along with a stuffed monkey he has)
I like that  ;)
NE Iowa

mjot

« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2011, 01:35:53 PM »

Yes, can't you picture a strawberry-blond two-year old boy with a stuffed monkey toy under one arm and a stuffed eagle toy under the other? Fun. Thanks, Nora.
8.5x11",softcover,43 pg.

doberman

« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2011, 04:18:01 PM »

Yes, can't you picture a strawberry-blond two-year old boy with a stuffed monkey toy under one arm and a stuffed eagle toy under the other? Fun. Thanks, Nora.
I don't have to picture a child with your book. My grandson, who's name is Jacob has the book and stuffed eagles!  P.S. His sister has the same toys and book! :)
Don't follow me, I'm lost!

mjot

« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2011, 06:48:17 PM »

Well, Doberman, thanks for the nice feedback. It is appreciated.
8.5x11",softcover,43 pg.

mjot

« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2011, 10:38:45 AM »

Positive comments on the book and stuffed toy eagle are continuing to fly in (pun intended  :)
People are anxious to get them for their holiday shopping, can hardly wait to get them, then tempted to keep them themselves! And that's OK, of course because we adults love the eagle experience, too. The Three Little Eagles book is in use in classes, and it is a wonderful teaching tool.

An emailer just wrote: this story needed to be told, another (retired orthodontist) said: "The book is so well-done. It is a very nice piece of literature." And more: fun; entertaining; a memoir of 2011; touching; educational; great photos from the nest, create a mood. Such kudos could really go on and on here, and selected ones will be offered from time to time.

It was a huge job to put together this book, along with the toy, get it published in a timely manner, etc. But the effort will be well worth it if just one child becomes more interested in reading/nature/eagles (and now I know many already have been engaged by reading the book themselves or having it read to them) and encouraging a volume of sales that will result in a nice donation to RRP in gratitude for all of their fine work. --Mary Jo
8.5x11",softcover,43 pg.

mjot

« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2011, 10:42:40 AM »

In the absence of an avatar (yes, I continue to try to post one), here is an attachment that may of of interest.

[attachment deleted by admin]
8.5x11",softcover,43 pg.

mjot

« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2011, 10:50:57 AM »

Well, that worked, so I will try to add a couple of other images that may be of interest. --Mary Jo

[attachment deleted by admin]
8.5x11",softcover,43 pg.