Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Children's Eagle Book: Three Little Eagles and How They Grew  (Read 16379 times)

mrsfalcon

• Administrator
Children's Eagle Book: Three Little Eagles and How They Grew
« on: September 16, 2011, 04:55:19 PM »

Mary Jo Thorsheim has written a cute children's eagle book: "THREE LITTLE EAGLES AND HOW THEY GREW: JACOB'S STORY". She is now donating 100% of proceeds in 2012 after contributing the same percentage to RRP beginning in 2011 until the summer of 2012. The close relationship of the RRP and Fish Hatchery organizations is reflected in Bob Anderson's suggestion that all proceeds now go to the non-profit Friends of the Fish Hatchery. It is well-known that the eagle family lives just across the road from the Iowa DNR's Decorah Fish Hatchery, and both the eagles and their human visitors make many trips to the Fish Hatchery: the eagles to get fish, and the visitors to observe the eagles.

For more information or to order the book, please visit her website: http://www.eaglechildrensbook.com/

Please discuss the book and talk with the author in this thread.

Amy
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 11:04:54 AM by mrsfalcon »

mjot

• Three Little Eagles and How They Grew:Jacob'sStory
Re: Children's Eagle Book: Three Little Eagles and How They Grew
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 09:48:39 AM »

Good morning, everybody! I have posted some information under the general merchandising thread, and a big thank you to all those who have contacted me with orders or with questions. The feedback has been so positive and it is much appreciated. Please take a look at the info on the other thread, when you have a moment. I know it is a busy Saturday morning for us as we watch all the nest alterations! How interesting! Excuse, me I have to get back to the nest now.

Mary Jo Thorsheim
First book on Decorah eagles: "Three Little Eagles and How They Grew!Jacob's Story"
8.5x11",softcover,43 pg.
100%proceeds now go to Friends of Fish Hatchery-Order: www.amazon.com or  www.eaglechildrensbook.com
All ages love Decorah eagle photos/story in book+plush toy BE:$12.95 each,$25 bk&toy

Nora in IA

• Nora and Kiwi 2006 (King Plant, Bayport, MN)
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2011, 12:07:11 PM »

This is exciting, mine are ordered!  That's great you've been "meeting" people from all over Mary Jo, it was fun talking to you this morning!  Nora
NE Iowa

mjot

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2011, 12:34:47 PM »

Thank you, Nora!  I enjoyed it too. You gave me a lot of new information, so that was also appreciated.

Mary Jo
First book on Decorah eagles: "Three Little Eagles and How They Grew!Jacob's Story"
8.5x11",softcover,43 pg.
100%proceeds now go to Friends of Fish Hatchery-Order: www.amazon.com or  www.eaglechildrensbook.com
All ages love Decorah eagle photos/story in book+plush toy BE:$12.95 each,$25 bk&toy

Nora in IA

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2011, 02:55:58 PM »

They came!  Good job Mary Jo, very informative and kids and adults both will like it.  Thanx so much!!  Nora
NE Iowa

mjot

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2011, 05:13:18 PM »

The positive feedback on Three Little Eagles and How They Grew: Jacob's Story (www.eaglechildrensbook.com) has been great.

Here are comments from Peggy B of NM, received sent Oct. 5:
"I received my books Monday afternoon and could hardly wait to get into the house to get them open and read them.

I am so very happy with these books I almost can't wait until Christmas to give them to Austin who is 4-1/2 years old and Haley who is 6-1/2 years old. Haley was in a special reading class during the summer months to assist her to read better and it did help.

This book will also serve to enrich her reading skills because it is fun, very interesting and will encourage her love for reading on her own much more.  They will both love them so much. Austin will have his very 'own' book and will then leave Haley's book alone.

First of all the cover is wonderful and the story line is so perfect.  Your additional illustrations are marvelous also. The pictures our Decorah family are combined beautifully within the story line at the perfect positions.

I suggest the reading range to be Mom's and Dad's for ages 2 years through 4 years old;  children ages 5 years through '90' years of age inclusive.  I thoroughly enjoyed the story and pictures so very much.

I wish you much success with this book and have suggested it to all my friends with grandchildren, nieces and nephews and others and pointed out to them that they too will enjoy the reading of this book."
8.5x11",softcover,43 pg.

Nora in IA

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2011, 12:01:09 PM »

Everyone I've shown my copy of the book to just loves it.  I took it along when I got my hair cut the other day knowing Mary had grandkids and had printed out the info.  She was definitely very interested, when she got done looking a guy had overheard us that was getting his hair cut and looked at it, and then when I told Mary I'd leave it for a bit for he,r the other gal cutting hair said "oh good, I want to see it too!!!"

Anyone that's gotten it, do show it to people and maybe more kids (or adult) will end up with another Christmas present.  I had told a neighbor about it and he sounded like "neat", but when he saw it he was very impressed and sounded totally different.

Remember, part of the proceeds go to RRP!
NE Iowa

mjot

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2011, 07:28:19 PM »

Here is up-to-date information about this popular children's book, the first about Decorah eagle family. Portion of proceeds to be donated to RRP in gratitude for their great work.

[attachment deleted by admin]
8.5x11",softcover,43 pg.

mjot

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2011, 07:31:49 PM »

Now I have tried to insert an email with information about Three Little Eagles Book/Stuffed Toy Eagle and post it, but don't know if it will work! Hope so. Mary Jo
8.5x11",softcover,43 pg.

mjot

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2011, 07:32:52 PM »

Nope, it didn't work. I will have to get some help on this. Mary Jo
8.5x11",softcover,43 pg.

Nora in IA

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2011, 01:21:03 PM »

The one you posted a couple posts up will open if the attachment link is clicked on.  I noticed it opens in Word.
NE Iowa

Nora in IA

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2011, 01:25:00 PM »

Experimenting here, I saved it as a PDF file in case someone doesn't have Word.  Is there another one you're trying to post?

[attachment deleted by admin]
NE Iowa

mjot

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2011, 05:10:09 PM »

Thanks, Nora! I will try that. Just picked up your posting---busy with book business.  Lots of interest! Mary Jo
8.5x11",softcover,43 pg.

mjot

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2011, 05:17:41 PM »

Nora, thanks for all the help, I appreciate it. I do notice that the pdf file has an earlier cover design that the one in Word which is the current one. Maybe I can figure out how to replace the old with the new here.
8.5x11",softcover,43 pg.

Nora in IA

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2011, 05:35:42 PM »

Nora, thanks for all the help, I appreciate it. I do notice that the pdf file has an earlier cover design that the one in Word which is the current one. Maybe I can figure out how to replace the old with the new here.
When I saved that as a PDF I just opened your from Word and clicked "save as" to make it a PDF if that's any help.
NE Iowa