Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Cheers 2024  (Read 84206 times)

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
Re: Cheers 2024
« Reply #660 on: September 13, 2024, 07:51:23 PM »

Hi Tig, I hope the troubles subside, are resolved and go away soon. I'm glad you're okay.

Whoa! Very nice you've have been traveling since the 29th! 2 weeks! Nice! Did you go to one location or travel around?

Tig your stool is always here and warm for you.  :)

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #661 on: September 13, 2024, 07:59:12 PM »

A trip to Yellowstone and then all the usual sites in South Dakota, etc. And now, a few days up north for our anniversary (annual trip)
Unfortunately, we lost power for 3 days before we left due to a storm. Will need to replace some food.
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

karengramke

« Reply #662 on: September 13, 2024, 10:14:54 PM »

Hi Pauli, Good news mon your cataract surgery!  One down and one to go!   Sorry about your husbands fall and hope he is healing!

Lb, sorry about your brother but goad he is in the hospital and hopefully the rehab will get him headed in the right direction.

Puff

« Reply #663 on: September 14, 2024, 06:26:11 AM »

Some good finishes to the week . . .

Paulie  Good news on the eye surgery.  I've only heard once about anyone having any issues - a fellow who didn't follow the med procedure.   >:(   Gotta do that.

tsk Best medicine for bad back ala weeds - stop weeding for a while.  Thought about that laying in bed this morning, planning today.  Water and feed for the feather friends.  That's it!  Hit 90 yesterday and "promised" again for me today. 

Actually that's not it . . . Today is our block party.  Be there or be square.  Each house brings something - guest house does the BBQ and meat, BYOB.  This year even numbers bring a dessert, odd number houses bring a side dish or munchie.   Made one of our patented Italian cheese cakes (MIL and me).  Eight ounces of philly cheese - 2 lbs of ricotta.  Patented?  Mother-in-law original she started years ago at Geonnatti (? Roosevelt Road in Oak Park).  When she got into her own restaurants she "let" me do the cheese cakes.  Great cook, not a good baker.  Swore me into telling no one the recipe.  Noone else in family bakes -- When something happens to me that might well be the end of the big secret.

She had pics of some of the celebs who frequented the restaurants she had.  Wonder where those pictures ended up.  I started my designated role in Elmhurst with her at the Florentine House, co-owned with Chevy dealer Nick Celossi, remember the commercials?

Anyway - just take a couple weekend days off.  Hubby being gone should mean an easier schedule.  Enjoy your trip up north Camper/Tig.  Nice that the owners remembered, pleasant touch for sure.

HUGS to all.

P       

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #664 on: September 14, 2024, 07:41:11 AM »

Hi good to see everyhone. glad surgery went well and your hisband is healing nicely.  Puff oooh a block party  sounds like fun. 

My brother had his sprocedure yesterday he now has another port for feeding tube directly to his stomsch They said they did this because they were afraid of an infection  Maybe because the original port was being used for both food and  blood transfusions  The tpn back was always workign vut they were afraid of an infection.  They are looking  for  rehab  and may be released tomorrow or Monday  I would hope they would wait to see if he gains more weight. I told my brother I was hoping he would stay in rehab until after my surgery so I dont have to worry about him being home with his kids.  They try but they are no help   He alwasy sems so much more relaxed away from them  the sad news is he depends on them mway too much 
I hd a few talks with him  and hopefully this time in rhab fives him time o reflect and look at life different and get up and fight
"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" www.edgarsmission.org.au
New Jersey (south Jersey)

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #665 on: September 14, 2024, 08:48:22 PM »

A trip to Yellowstone and then all the usual sites in South Dakota, etc. And now, a few days up north for our anniversary (annual trip)
Unfortunately, we lost power for 3 days before we left due to a storm. Will need to replace some food.
Hello ladies! It's nice seeing all of you here.  :)

Hi Tig, Nice vacation!! Very nice. Are you and Camper away now too? Happy Anniversary!! How many years. Enjoy.

Darn to your power outage and food loss. If you have a warranty on refrigerator they will cover up to a certain amount for food loss. Happened to me. I had to take a picture of ruined food in fridge though to show. I don't know if home insurance covers that loss. It's worth looking into. You probably already have checked. 

Enjoy your anniversary get away!   

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #666 on: September 14, 2024, 08:55:04 PM »

Hi Pauli, Good news mon your cataract surgery!  One down and one to go!   Sorry about your husbands fall and hope he is healing!
Hi Karen, Yes ma'am one down and one to go! Thank you for the prior info you gave me about cataract surgery. Thank you about my husband too. His leg is healing nicely finally.

I hope all's good with you and Piper.  :) I thought of you the other day when I knocked down the birds nest above my front door. It was abandoned during the summer but kept falling down in pieces making a mess so I decided it had to go. Birds will probably rebuild in the Spring.

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #667 on: September 14, 2024, 09:03:32 PM »

Paulie  Good news on the eye surgery.  I've only heard once about anyone having any issues - a fellow who didn't follow the med procedure.   >:(   Gotta do that.
Hi Puff, Thank you. Geez to the fellow who didn't follow the med procedure. What happened to him? Did he get infection?

I'm definitely following the post-op instructions. Thank you for your previous info on the process. I appreciate it. I thought of you during the surgery prep in the OR when the Dr placed the shield over my face with opening over the surgical eye. That was scary for you with your claustrophobia.

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #668 on: September 14, 2024, 09:11:48 PM »

My brother had his sprocedure yesterday he now has another port for feeding tube directly to his stomsch They said they did this because they were afraid of an infection  Maybe because the original port was being used for both food and  blood transfusions  The tpn back was always workign vut they were afraid of an infection.  They are looking  for  rehab  and may be released tomorrow or Monday  I would hope they would wait to see if he gains more weight. I told my brother I was hoping he would stay in rehab until after my surgery so I dont have to worry about him being home with his kids.  They try but they are no help   He alwasy sems so much more relaxed away from them  the sad news is he depends on them mway too much 
I hd a few talks with him  and hopefully this time in rhab fives him time o reflect and look at life different and get up and fight
Hi LB, I repeat for the umpteeth time. God bless your brother. He continues to go through so much.
Was he released today or will it be Monday. Hopefully when released he goes directly to rehab for his sake.

I hope he can stay in rehab until after your surgery because that will be good for him but also will give you peace of mind not worrying about him during your surgery and recovery. You are important too kiddo.  :)

I repeat also what a loving sister you are to him because of the pep talks you've had with him. He needs those. He's lucky to have you in his corner.  :)

Puff

« Reply #669 on: September 14, 2024, 09:14:09 PM »

Paulie fellow did have a serious infection for a long time.  He played pool with Ton, but then Ton stopped going to pool.

Hated that mask.  It's good I didn't know about that part of the surgery.  But, he did give me oral meds for the second eye to relax me.

P

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #670 on: September 15, 2024, 08:03:38 AM »

Hi  I went to see my brother yesterday and lucky me the primary dr on call came by.  I found out about the new port and feedingtube.   They changed it because fear f infection because original the food was going through the blood stream    Now it wil lbe going directly to his stomache   That makes sense. Also, now he wont have the tpn back for 16 hours a day.  He wil lbe fed 3x a day I think 2 cans of protein a meal.  There are 2 ways to do it one way is directly insert through a syringe  I am not understanding the 2nd way but both so much easier!!!! He should be able to do himself.  They will not release him until he knows how to do it.  I explained to her what happened tghe first time we only had 1 lesson  and we were on our own other than calling th ennurse on call. which we have used and I am llucky I recorded the leson.   So hopefujlly he will do it on his own I will talk to him about it when I see him tomorrow.  He needs to tke control of his life and not rely on the boys.  He will be released to  a rehab in the middle of the week they will be transisitioning him into the new way of feeding during this time.  Fingers crossed.    fingers crossed again he will listen tto all my pep talks.   
"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" www.edgarsmission.org.au

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #671 on: September 15, 2024, 07:33:29 PM »

Puff, I remembered how much you said you hated the mask. That's why I thought of you when Dr put it over my face. She was fast doing it too! I bet that guy was sorry and learned his lesson. I admit following the med schedule for 3 separate eye drops is a bit of a pain but necessary. As is the protective eye cap at night. Were you still continuing one of the eye drops a month later when you had your other eye cataract surgery? I think I'll be doing that from what I've read on instruction sheet.

LB, You have 2 full time jobs. One helping your brother and the other your paycheck job. I hope your brother will be able to gain weight soon with the change of feeding tube sending food directly to his stomach vs his blood stream. I don't know anything about that but hope so. Very good he should be able to do this himself once he is home and even in rehab. Very good he won't be released until he can do this on his own. I hope he's beginning to listen to your pep talks. I sure hope you're sleeping better because you need it.

Quate #4
« Last Edit: September 15, 2024, 07:35:33 PM by paulie »

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #672 on: September 15, 2024, 08:16:10 PM »

Yep, Paulie, I had a chart with dates for the drops for each eye for Camper. But before he was finished with the second eye, he had to restart drops for the first eye. And I put the drops in for him.
I hope I don't need mine done for a while.
SED
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #673 on: September 16, 2024, 06:37:43 PM »

I was quickly perusing the forum  before dinner...

{{{LB}}}   Glad y our cataract surgery went well for  you. I m sorry to read about your brother-so much to deal with.   Glad he made it thru surgery.  Hope his rehab is successful. Your brother and your entire
family will be in my prayers. LB you're juggling so much.

Paulie glad  y our eye surgery went well; hoping your husband a speedy recover from his fall. Prayers.
I believe you  mentioned having  not long ago your final Euflexxa  SOSY injection for the treatment.
Made it to my  first  ever appointment  for  'Euflexxa SOSY 20 mg/2ml per knee commencing w/ my right
as it's the  worst.  One round  behind me  and two to go. LOL
 Doc said most folks may not feel improve ment after few days or weeks---sometimes not until the 2nd injection.  I will say I've felt some 'loosening up' of the knee joints. Imagine just a initial reaction. LOL
Doc also said some  have improvement lasting a year . I'll just be thrilled if after this series I get 6mos lasting relief.

Well, ladies wishing y'all a 'Good Night' and SEDs.
Have a good week  and all.

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #674 on: September 16, 2024, 07:07:24 PM »

good evening all. Going to be a long 2 weeks. (in office) But next week i do have a 1/2 dya and working from home 1 day cause I hav eearly morning appointmnet    I am always so tired.