Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Cheers 2024  (Read 79747 times)

jicaji

Re: Cheers 2024
« Reply #570 on: July 27, 2024, 09:57:07 AM »

LB.  So sorry your brother isn't doing as well as you thought.  From what I previously read, it sounded like he was making good progress.  Hopefully this pitfall is his body adjusting to the changes he's going through and will gather the strength to recover.   

Paulie, hope you and Charlie are feeling better.
Never, never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way. Martin Luther King Jr.

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #571 on: July 27, 2024, 05:14:17 PM »

Hi jicaji, All the animals and nature happenings at your house sound really nice!

Thanks about feeling better. We are a bit. Still dealing with some symptoms and very fatigued. Slowly getting there. I do not want this again I'll tell you that. Twice is enough.

Hi LB, It's nice your aunt had you and some family for dinner. Sorry about your brother's decline in health. Good that he ate good at your aunts. He probably enjoyed being away from his place and it was good for him. Hopefully you can ask questions at his appointments you take him to.

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #572 on: July 28, 2024, 10:20:52 AM »

good moring  another disaster weekend.  not my brother mhis son the alcholic.   long story   all I know I am shutting off phone next weekend and not being available for anyone. I need a weekend alone.   
"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" www.edgarsmission.org.au
New Jersey (south Jersey)

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #573 on: July 28, 2024, 05:42:56 PM »

LB, Sounds like you shouldn't have answered your phone yesterday. There's just so much you can do. Is maybe also why your sister keeps her distance from them. You deserve time to yourself and peace and quiet. I hope you work from home tomorrow and not in office.

We're still laying around here hoping to feel better soon. It's taking a while.

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #574 on: July 28, 2024, 08:02:29 PM »

Hope you are feeling better Paulie. I went to drop some things off  to my brothers I made him overnight oats and got him a canteloup and bananad and a yougurt. I also bought him a baseball hat that says stornger than leukemia.   He is starting to lose his hair he admitted that today I thought he would soon his hair was startig to look brittle on friday when I saw him.   wel he looked and sounded a lot better today. The blood trnasfusions reallly wipe hm out  I am not sure why. Will added to my questions . Unfortunatley I am in the office this week  I usaully wouldnt mind but its with the nasty girl  this week  I now call her negative Nelly  Everything that comes out of her mouth is negative or nasty well I am off Tuesday to take my brother to get his biopsy done. I may take him back to my place afterwards to make him a Pizza wrap  for lunch .  Simmple take a mission wrap put pizza sauce and cheese on as well as pepperoni on and cook it in the air fryer. You got yourself a mini pizza.  It's good.   
"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" www.edgarsmission.org.au

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #575 on: July 29, 2024, 04:42:43 PM »

good day

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #576 on: July 29, 2024, 07:19:18 PM »

LB, You are the best sister your brother could ask for. I hope he appreciates you. I wish him the best at tomorrow's appointment you're taking him too.

I bet he loves you taking him back to your place afterwards for a pizza wrap!! I bet he really enjoys getting out of and away from his place and spending a quality pleasant time with you!

Bummer you're with negative Nelly this week. Next week too, right?

Thank you about hoping I feel better. I think today I've finally turned the corner and beginning to return to normal. Whew! Charlie is taking a little bit longer but he's coming along too.

Quotes: This evenings #s 3 and 4

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #577 on: July 30, 2024, 07:14:52 AM »

Good morning   I hoping this biopsy gives good results.   He did need blood transfusion yesterday.  Next week I am home.  Friday I am in the office by myself.  which I actually perfer than being with negative nelly.  Yesterday she did not say 1 word!!!

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #578 on: July 30, 2024, 04:01:04 PM »

Hi I took my brother everything went well, he eidnt want to come to my house for lunch he said ttoo long of walk.  it wasnt. But I wasnt gong ot push him. he may have not been hungry...  SO I went to my house to get him an ice pack I had for his back in case he dneeded for soreness and bandages I had a  bunch I dont use or need. and tylemol.  He would not ggegt if I didnt give him.  hes been saying he needs tylenol for a week now no one gets it for him.  So I gave him my almost empty bottle.  I have another one and I can give him more if needed. He got me coffee. I ordered him moe protein shakes he likes them .   That will be delivered to him tonight.   nwe go to the oncologit Monday to find out if he has improved. he said he has felt better the ast 2 days but he still uses the walker.  My explained it to me about how the chemo makes him weaker and he needs to try to stay as active as posibble to fight the chemo and keep his strength.  Now just need to get him to do it!!!!

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #579 on: July 31, 2024, 05:52:11 PM »

hi

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #580 on: August 01, 2024, 10:20:21 AM »

Hi,

Still have sinus congestion and Charlie nasty cough. We're giving ourselves one more day, today, to feel a bit better. If not I definitely want him to see Dr tomorrow to rule out walking pneumonia. Fatigue seems to be going away more. Me maybe sinus infection or many not. Blah.

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #581 on: August 01, 2024, 10:23:44 AM »

Good morning   I hoping this biopsy gives good results.   He did need blood transfusion yesterday.  Next week I am home.  Friday I am in the office by myself.  which I actually perfer than being with negative nelly.  Yesterday she did not say 1 word!!!
Hi LB, When does your brother get his biopsy results? Next Monday? Do you know why he's more tired with a blood transfusion. I thought that would help perk him up but I'm no medical person that's for sure.

Good that nelly didn't say one word at work. You'll enjoy the office tomorrow by yourself.

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #582 on: August 01, 2024, 10:27:25 AM »

Hi I took my brother everything went well, he eidnt want to come to my house for lunch he said ttoo long of walk.  it wasnt. But I wasnt gong ot push him. he may have not been hungry...  SO I went to my house to get him an ice pack I had for his back in case he dneeded for soreness and bandages I had a  bunch I dont use or need. and tylemol.  He would not ggegt if I didnt give him.  hes been saying he needs tylenol for a week now no one gets it for him.  So I gave him my almost empty bottle.  I have another one and I can give him more if needed. He got me coffee. I ordered him moe protein shakes he likes them .   That will be delivered to him tonight.   nwe go to the oncologit Monday to find out if he has improved. he said he has felt better the ast 2 days but he still uses the walker.  My explained it to me about how the chemo makes him weaker and he needs to try to stay as active as posibble to fight the chemo and keep his strength.  Now just need to get him to do it!!!!
Good everything went well for your brother. Darn he didn't want to go to your house. That would have been a nice getaway but sounds like he was too tired. Very nice of you giving him ice pack and Tylenol and you ordered him more protein shakes. I repeat. You are a great sister to him. Good news that he said he's felt better the past couple days. Prayers continue for him.

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #583 on: August 01, 2024, 06:04:25 PM »

Not sure why tired after blood transfusion.  I know they take his blood and blood from the blood bank and mix it together nd then put it back in intravenously.  I dont know when they get his blood he is usualy waiting for the blood when I ge tthere. I drop him off then go park.  so by the time I get back they maty have taken blood from him.  I a going to have to ask.  He had a nurse come today I guess just to check vitals and his medicine etc. next time they will start PT  I hope.  yes Monday we find out the results and what is the next step.   I am nervous.  When I first saw his docotr he said he may end up back in the hospital if they change his chemo. (If it's stronger)  He will get really sick and they will want to monitor him in the jospital he definitly will get better care than staying with his kids. 

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #584 on: August 02, 2024, 06:05:39 PM »

good evening TGIF
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 44   Go Up