Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Cheers 2024  (Read 85428 times)

jicaji

Re: Cheers 2024
« Reply #330 on: April 15, 2024, 06:25:44 PM »

Paulie....Jim put out the feeder yesterday. 
Never, never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way. Martin Luther King Jr.

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #331 on: April 15, 2024, 08:26:09 PM »

Hi I was busy figuring out what is happening wigh my dad and surgery tomorrow.    My brother is takin ghim he has to be there atg 530 am. me and my sister will get there around 800 I think
"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" www.edgarsmission.org.au
New Jersey (south Jersey)

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #332 on: April 16, 2024, 08:41:43 AM »

Good Morning,

LB, Prayers are being said for your father. Please give update when you can.

jicaji, Sounds good. Let us know when they arrive. I haven't put mine out yet.

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #333 on: April 16, 2024, 11:45:22 AM »

I forgot to mention earlier that last night at 10:29PM the cabin Ring cam sent a motion detected notification.

Good 'ol large black bear was walking around. I wonder if it remembered the trash bag that we mistakenly left out there last spring.  :D

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #334 on: April 16, 2024, 03:46:23 PM »

LB, Hoping all went very good with your father's surgery.
It's nice that you and your sister and brother are all together with your father.

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #335 on: April 16, 2024, 06:17:23 PM »

Hi  what a long exhausting day.  I was at th hopital at 8am and left just before 400. I di dget to see him.  He was groggy at first then he started to get his sense of humor back  Once they got him sitting up he looked much better  Mix bag of news.  The surgery went well they got all the cancer out but they didnt remove all of the thyroid  They have a onitor to watch the nerves to see how they react during suregery. It's really confusinf but bottom line they got the right side of the tyroid out but she stopped. Once she started gto remove the left side the monitor flaired up because the nerves.   So she decided to stop. once she stopped the nerves were reactin glike the y were goin g to heal.  The risk was real high if she continued they vocal cords would have been destroyed and he would end up not being able to  speak and needing a trachiometer (sp???) She is confident he wil heal.  after the follow up in 2 weeks they will decide and probably with remove the right side of the thyroid.  That will be a much shorter surgery and probably same day procedure. That will be done in 6 weeks. Shw is the After they remove the right side he will have his iodine /radiation treatment. (6 weeks later) If they can't remove the thyroid they can do a high dose radiation tratment not ideal. She is confident that they will be able to remove the other 1/2 

I was reting the remainder of day and walked copper.  Logged on to wrk email and ove r100 emails. filed most butthere is a bunch of work I have to do tomorrow.  I was too tired to do anything other that  add reminder on the  emails I have action items on .   I have 1/2 day thursday too for a root canal I am off 2 days next week for passover . Then the followinf week possible jury duty.   UGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH       busy busy will be working weeknds for sure
"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" www.edgarsmission.org.au

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #336 on: April 17, 2024, 11:08:59 AM »

LB, Good that you got to see and speak with your father. Good reading he got his sense of humor back. That's always good and uplifting.
Good that his surgery went well removing all his cancer. Prayers continue for sure regarding his thyroid.

You sure didn't need all those works emails when you got home. You're busy again today and some days off to look forward to. Good.
Oh my to possible jury duty! Geesh Well you can't say your life has been boring lately!!

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #337 on: April 17, 2024, 06:43:45 PM »

Hi    My father is still at hospital he still may go home today. They held him cause blood  pressure was low but that went up he couldnt pee on his own today but way able to yesterday so he now has cathetor in .  I am pissed off with work.  long story and I dont feel like discussing it.  Its more like a co worker and my boss and it ends up with me doing the triple the work load which I cant do. no one cant do on Friday.   My ac is getting fixed friday    I hope 

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #338 on: April 17, 2024, 08:15:51 PM »

Oh my LB, Prayers for your father.

Understood. No need to discuss work since you don't want to. I am aware from the past that you've received congrats and also monetary thanks at work for your excellent work ethics. That being said .. I hope you are not being loaded down with more work to do because of that. Your stress level is understandably high.

Fingers are crossed for Friday A/C repair. (God help the people if they don't fix it. And I would agree with your frustration.)

Your root canal is tomorrow .. correct? I hope all goes VERY smoothly for you.

Take a deep breath. Holy you're dealing with a lot.

Many moons ago when I was frustrated etc my mom would tell me ... "This too shall pass."  Was I always in the mood to hear that? Nope!! I understand you not being in the mood to hear that .... but it will. Take care LB.

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #339 on: April 18, 2024, 09:59:51 PM »

Really long busy day for me ...

LB, Hope your root canal went well. I think it was today. I hope all's good with your father too. TGIF for you tomorrow.

karengramke

« Reply #340 on: April 19, 2024, 11:18:46 AM »

LB, prayers for your father and his doctor as well as you.  Pauli had good advice!  Truly, this too will pass!

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #341 on: April 19, 2024, 05:45:41 PM »

I had a whole post I posted last night and I never send and I closed out of it before I had a chance to copy and paste it.  LOL I dont know where to begone except rootcanal went fine.  y fagther did end up going home that night,  after 9pm.  I went to see hi myesterday after my root canal.  That was fine  The dentist was strange but good. LOL 

Thanks Karen.  I will repsonnd more tomorrow once I figure out what I was saying and responding too.    Oh I had to lock copper up in my bedroom today while they fixed bedroom.  He does not handle closed doors very well.  He was stressed when I got home. Spoling him tonight I did give him anxiety med with hemp in it. so hopefully not so bad. He wasnt barking when I got home until he heard me walk into  the house

I will reply more once head clears tomorrow  I am exhausted busy day

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #342 on: April 19, 2024, 07:59:43 PM »

Hi Karen! Nice to 'see' you.  :)

LB, Good news your father went home same night and really nice you visited him after your root canal.
Glad to hear root canal was fine. How was the dentist strange?? Lol

Awwww Nice to you spoiling Copper tonight. Good the med with hemp helped relax him. Next time I'm stressed I'll let you know then you can send some hemp my way.  ;D

You've had a long and exhausting week. I hope you sleep good tonight and have a relaxing weekend.

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #343 on: April 20, 2024, 07:58:16 AM »

Good morning I will be doing some work today I am making macaroons passover sedar tomorrow night even though it start Monday My father has a drs appointment late afternoon monday so we moved dinner to tomorrow.

Dentist he defintly was promoting the company and question how I learned about him and acted like he was so honored for what my dentist said about him.  he loved my roots they are long.   defintly self promoting company and kept encoraging me to review in google.  He didnt have to do that you can tell he was a good dentist.  He wastalking to me like I was a child too and I was probably his age.   LOL

I am off and will be cleaning and meal prep I also want to look for a new couch  also new phone. I think I am switching to a different company mine i getting way to expensive. I may call them first to see if there is a way to cut costs

I slept good but copper did wake me up to go pee but other than that good sleep 

Goibg to cabin soon Paulie?

Yes I forgot what wa in my post  the other day that I sent 
« Last Edit: April 20, 2024, 08:00:22 AM by LBLNJ0668 »

jicaji

« Reply #344 on: April 20, 2024, 01:10:47 PM »

LB....WOW, you sure are busy these days.  Glad your dad is doing OK and sending prayers for his on- going recuperation.
After being retired for years, I STILL have dreams/nightmares about work.  Seems like even if ya like your job, there are ALWAYS stressful days, weeks, etc. and always that "one" person LOL.   When I wake up from these dreams, I'm soooo thankful I'm done with all of that.

Nice your family will be together for an early Passover Sedar tomorrow. 

Paulie, reports there are hummingbirds in and around the vicinity, but nothing yet.  The other birds are going to the feeder upset they can't get their beaks into water.  Meanwhile, I have a large bowl of water for them on the deck which they go to.  My squirrel actually has a schedule she keeps, last visit for her water usually is around 6p.

So, I'm still trying to get myself together after Rizzo's passing.  I just can't seem to get back to me....I still cry everyday... almost 5 months later.  I miss him terribly.  He was my sweet furbaby and constant, loving, loyal friend....As I type this I'm starting to tear up again, so I'll stop now.  Didn't mean to be Debbie Downer :(

Anyway, have a good weekend all.  Talk again soon.

Never, never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way. Martin Luther King Jr.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 46   Go Up