Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 678108 times)

kbshcb

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #8505 on: October 20, 2024, 09:04:32 AM »

Phyl - I'm particularly fond of that artwork esp. your first three pics..

tsk - Chris is still asleep in the living room recliner so I'll have to post "after" pics of my front porch roof later on.

I perused hundreds of "before" pics and could only find a few.

The basic differences: Instead of 1 by lumber...he used 2 by...Also braced supports and added a gutter with nice cladding on the sides which I'll paint today.

Ollie man pic is for attention only!

LisaG1967

« Reply #8506 on: October 20, 2024, 09:04:52 AM »

Good Morning Beakers....Happy Sunday!

clynn - How was your anniversary lunch?  Love all your morning pics, and thank goodness for linesman!

baz - Thanks, you made me look at my early voting paper.  We in-person early vote 10/24-10/31. 

Lori - Good to see ya!

Lani & baz - Thanks for link and article about elk.

Phyl - Thanks for the 365. You and Jim feeling better?  Pretty colorful pics this morning. 

tsk - Yikes, 81 tomorrow!  Pretty greeting this morning. 

karen, kb, Puff, tig and all - Morning  :)

kbshcb

« Reply #8507 on: October 20, 2024, 09:33:19 AM »

tsk and all

New front porch roof pics:

I'm supposed to paint the lumber supports to match the tin color with brown on the outside of cladding.
Unsure about that "header board" color...I'll have to ask him.
The tin is now dark brown, the idea being it will melt snow faster than the former beige one and the added gutter is for melt and rain so as not to form an ice patch off the lowest step.

kbshcb

« Reply #8508 on: October 20, 2024, 09:35:38 AM »

creative way to hide Ollie man's tie out..previously tied around pole with rope!...

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #8509 on: October 20, 2024, 11:00:47 AM »

KB ... looking great!
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #8510 on: October 20, 2024, 11:29:44 AM »

Sunday Blessings Beakers!  🙏
Morning Eagles4, Lisa, Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #8511 on: October 20, 2024, 12:13:37 PM »

KB  Those are great pics of the before - Much larger than I imagined.  WOW  You can tell how much sturdier the new porch cover is.  Love the handrails as well.  Nice upgrade.  :)  In the last pic what is that small rectangular board in front of the handrail?

LISA  Cozy setting in your AM pic  :)

OH LANI   Don't do this to me ROTFL   ;D ;D ;D

My neighbor's trees I see looking out the kitchen window  ;D

Took 1 hour 15 min to take down the tomatoes.  75 large unripened ones in brown bags on the porch  and 3# of unripened cherry tomatoes.

Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #8512 on: October 20, 2024, 12:27:32 PM »

tsk - it's hiding the retractable leash holder/handle thingy. We hook/clip the line to the house (a metal thingy) and then I don't need to step out much to hook him up. And then I can hook him up while still almost in the house for his safety. The retractable leash line only allows him to go out midway in the driveway and midway down the grass in front...

I don't use a retractable leash to walk him or any other purpose. It works great for this situation however.
I'm highly opposed to retractables in any other situation.

karengramke

« Reply #8513 on: October 20, 2024, 03:04:31 PM »

Tsk , maple tree?   Very pretty!
High  of 81 today!😇

Lani, Sister s from the order of  sisters of the Sheppards?   Must be a German order! 😴
K
B, I  hope you are the out with Ollie while  he is tied out in the front.  Seems dangerous to me  if other animals try to attack him or if someone would  try to steal him!  Jmho.
Very depressing to me, not to be able to learn any thing about my friend in Asheville. So many phones remain out of service.  Have a source to try Monday!   Also would like to be able to help,  have to accept that those days are long gone!
Enjoy a Sunday

kbshcb

« Reply #8514 on: October 20, 2024, 03:27:06 PM »

Tsk , maple tree?   Very pretty!
High  of 81 today!😇

Lani, Sister s from the order of  sisters of the Sheppards?   Must be a German order! 😴
K
B, I  hope you are the out with Ollie while  he is tied out in the front.  Seems dangerous to me  if other animals try to attack him or if someone would  try to steal him!  Jmho.
Very depressing to me, not to be able to learn any thing about my friend in Asheville. So many phones remain out of service.  Have a source to try Monday!   Also would like to be able to help,  have to accept that those days are long gone!
Enjoy a Sunday

Of course!..and, what a sick country we live in to make that correct statement about our current state of affairs.

Never had to worry about that even 10 years ago in this neighborhood. Now I do.

After dark, I go out with him front or back. During the day if not out with him I have my surveillance camera on visible to me at all times and am feet from the front door. Of course he would bark if anyone came near our property let alone him.

Thanks for your concern

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #8515 on: October 20, 2024, 04:08:57 PM »

KB   OK  I get it now.

KAREN   Gosh, Still no word on your friend.   Probably lots of folks in your position.  :(   LOL  " German order"  ::)
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #8516 on: October 20, 2024, 04:38:32 PM »

kb - New roof looks nice. 

Lani - Awww, the Sisters!  ;D

tsk - Those larger green ones, would make some good fried green tomatoes...yummy!

karen - So sorry that you still have not been able to hear anything about your friend in Asheville.

Good night, everyone  :)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #8517 on: October 20, 2024, 06:27:22 PM »

Karen I was so hoping you'd hear from your friend in  Ashville, NC by now.   My prayer candle burns constantly for you, your friend and all on my List of Concerns.

KB new porch looks nice.  Nice cover for the leash holder.  ;)   Glad you have a cam to view Ollieman when he's out of doors.

Tsk  the tomatoes in the steel mixing bowl will  look nice fanned out on plate after  covering in corn meal and pan fried to a crispiness. I love
'em garnished with ketchup and  that classic Spicy Remoulade dipping sauce .

Good Night Everyone... SEDs 
Especially,  praying for Sauces nest.   And, those  victims of natural and man-made disasters

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

karengramke

« Reply #8518 on: October 20, 2024, 07:26:40 PM »

Been thinking fried green tomatoes and thought about them so much, thought I typed it!  Love them!   No ketchup!     Lol! 😆
Piper had another small seizure this evening!  I sure hate that!
Phones are not  all working in the mountains  so it is hard to get info! remember the picture if the guy on the pole, way up in the sky!   Not an easy job but  a beautiful sight if you do not see the damage!

« Last Edit: October 20, 2024, 09:22:45 PM by karengramke »

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #8519 on: October 21, 2024, 12:49:04 AM »

Clynn, beautiful morning fall pics... I did not know about Starbuck's secret menu. They keep it a secret here... I'll have to try the butter beer.... prayers for Asheville

Phyl, first snow in MN.... beautiful... your morning pics would make great puzzles.

Kb, thanks for posting pics, looks great! {{{Ollie Man}}}  :-*

Tsk, that's a lot of gorgeous tomatoes.. Fried tomatoes  :-*....beautiful trees..

{{{Karen}}} I'm sorry about Piper, sending prayers. Prayers for your friend, I was hoping you would have heard something.

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Tim and Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Tig, Clynn and family, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles and Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Tsk and Tim, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen and Piper, Clynn and family, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Baz and family, Eagle and family, Tsk's DIL Amy, Puff, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For those lost, pets, and the survivors from Hurricane Helene, and their rescuers,  tHellgate Osprey Antali, Etta, Denton eaglets and nest, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander