Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 679757 times)

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #8355 on: October 13, 2024, 12:48:48 PM »

bounce

We got a spit of rain yesterday. Just enough for our grass seed.
We gave S.I.L. a ride from airport to their gig at the corn maze... where we blasted some pumpkins.
I'll attempt the old "bags of gold" tonight... Tomato basil soup with Bisquick dumplings with cheese.
Go Lynx
SED
Prayers for all animals affected by weather and human intrusion
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

LisaG1967

« Reply #8356 on: October 13, 2024, 12:53:53 PM »

Just got finished putting all my Halloween decorations up outside.  I am ready for the kiddos.  I wish the 31st was tomorrow, cause I might have to go out and buy another bag of candy.  I need to buy stuff I do not like to eat.   ;D

clynn - Love the stone arch bridge, and WOW, that cat tree!  I will have to try adding raisins next time.  I never thought to do that.

tsk - I was walking on the treadmill in the room where that suitcase is, and the other night, Misty got up on the bed and looked like she was going to get in it, but said, nah. That is a excellent enrichment toy for Lulu!

Phyl - Thanks for the 365.

Puff - Sure sound like gusty wind in Decorah today.

Lani - I love those glasses on the pup.

tig - Your soup and dumplings sound delish!

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #8357 on: October 13, 2024, 01:38:27 PM »

PHYL   I would have a very difficult time picking out a favorite photo but that first one was spectacular.  :o

LANI   And good morning to the distinguished Professor Bull Dog.  ;) ;)   Big trip for Mike =- Nice few days to relax.

TIG  What are "bags of gold"?

LISA   So funny.  We didn't have many kids last year - It was cold andhad snowed the day before but I had this big bag from Costco so each kid got several mini's.  The leftovers -I would leave for my mail gal and put some for the staffers at the church rectory/parish center  LOL.

Bears won in London and packers winning at half - Are the Vikings playing today?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2024, 06:51:33 AM by tsk34 »
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #8358 on: October 13, 2024, 02:27:17 PM »

tsk - the vikings are on a bye week this weekend.

Just came in from attempting to play frisbee with Ollie....with fierce NW winds all day it didn't work out so well. He knows my intention however. He alerted to the sky and lo and behold a bald eagle was circling in the thermals right over my back yard. With my couch on the other side of my living room, I don't catch them on the tower if they are on it anymore. So was great to see "somebody"....and thank you Ollie man!

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #8359 on: October 13, 2024, 02:42:34 PM »

TSK... Bags of gold id Bisquick dumplings with cheese inside
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

karengramke

« Reply #8360 on: October 13, 2024, 03:55:06 PM »

Tig, what is, blasting Pumpkins?

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #8362 on: October 13, 2024, 05:22:29 PM »

Tsk  festive scarecrow this AM; got any rain so far today? Just now---we're clouding over. But, The NW still says  'Sunny'
Good toy to occupy the kitties.  Maggie so up in years (23  or  90+  human yrs.) nothing interests her----she's givin' up getting 'high' (catnip) too.

Lisa  Bandit want's to go on a trip w/you and nap on the way.  Gosh! We haven't passed out candy in 20yrs. The HOA frowns on /discourages   it and so do most of the residents.   Like  Tsk , when we had passed out goodies for Halloween treaters--- leftovers I just made a festive  'goodie bag' for our mail lady.

Lani  bulldog this AM reminds me of an old gent who play chess ---those specks  completed the 'look'  ;)

KB  Ollieman is our resident eagle spotter.  Good Ollie!

Tig the bags of gold sounds yummy---which meat do you serve it with? For some reason 'meat loaf' with tomato sauce pour over it and baked comes to mind.

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #8363 on: October 13, 2024, 05:25:37 PM »

Good Night Everyone... SEDs 

Praying for SWFL and Ft. Myers nests and those in the path of Tropical Storm Milton. And,Victims of Hurricanes Milton and Helene And, those who rescue them.

Sauces bald eagle cam

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #8364 on: October 13, 2024, 05:41:06 PM »

KB  super windy here today.  Ollie will do great on a calmer day  :D

TIG   Ahhh  does resemble bags of gold  LOL

PHYL  Tim said when he went to bed ( ie slept in his recliner) last night he heard thunder and saw lightening.  NO RAIN but someone else got it for sure.  VERY windy here today.  Porch plants falling off their pedestals -OK cuz most are dead now and need to be pitched.   Will do that this week.  Every time I come in from the backyard. Lulu looks for a leaf of catnip.  I don't do it every time.  Today she got one tho and eats the whole thing  LOL  Lucy never did eat the whole thing.  She also got a tiny yarn ball I made from my leftover beige I was using.  Doesn't take long before it has become unwound and leads from the front door back to the kitchen  LOL  Don't worry Maggie - I won't have much interest at 90 either... :(
Chicagoland

BrokenLug

« Reply #8365 on: October 13, 2024, 06:07:24 PM »

We especially watch mindfully these type of tropical systems at this time of year here.

~ Everything about Lake Lila was magical ~

The hue of the trees and sky on that Lake never gets old to me when you catch her just right.

All the critters on the wing, hoof and aquatic doing their appropriate Fall things.

Pip and I saw our "Lila Pair" of river otters doing up their best frolicking with their pups.   :)

We smiled so hard.

Then the seasons whim came in.

We're mobile. 

We always have 3 plans ahead in the advent of a fluid weather change.

We bailed on the snain, graupel, hail, rain leaving what a good idea.  8)

Re-located to Lake Champlain, a hearth, 4 solid log walls and a roof.

It's still full fall on Adirondack grueling here.   ;D

Comfort and solid communication we might just have to stick it out here for the week.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2024, 06:33:09 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

karengramke

« Reply #8366 on: October 13, 2024, 09:43:47 PM »

Good Fall pictures from all today and all these bull dogs  must be retired  Georgia mascots!
BL , thanks for the heads up!  No mention of it in our weather,  no rain!
Been beautiful and very few leaves left  on the trees to turn pretty colors as Helene blew most of them off along with the  pecans!
Lisa the Saints, Aimt so far this year!
Little sweet. Peeing William was a baby!    Needed diapers.   Wanted ti give me a going away present!
Seds

BrokenLug

« Reply #8367 on: October 13, 2024, 10:04:46 PM »

Or in VT.
U. S. A.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #8368 on: October 14, 2024, 12:47:09 AM »

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Tim and Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Tig, Clynn and family, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles and Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Tsk and Tim, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen and Piper, Clynn and family, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Baz and family, Eagle and family, Tsk's DIL Amy, Puff, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For those lost, pets, and the survivors from Hurricane Helene, and their rescuers,  tHellgate Osprey Antali, Etta, Denton eaglets and nest, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

LisaG1967

« Reply #8369 on: October 14, 2024, 05:52:13 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

Wanted to pop in and say, morning  :)

Off to the eye doctor in about 30 minutes. 

Will check back in later.

Have a good day!