Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 681250 times)

karengramke

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #8205 on: October 06, 2024, 07:12:25 PM »

Lol, Sister Katseyes!  That is the funniest thing I’ve seen all day. Thanks, LANi!  A terrible flooding in North Carolina and the ridiculous rumors being spread have really gotten me down. There is so much suffering. That’s the rumor mill should be washed away with the mud.. I have been trying all day to find a way to contact a former coworker, friend of mine, who lives in Asheville by herself, and having an able to reach her. Not surprising with the distruction and lack of communications there.. I was able to find an email address and sent her a message and tomorrow will try to contact the church. She belongs to and see what they can tell me if anything I think from Google Earth that her apartment building is OK I am just hoping she is as well, after all, she’s an old lady like me
Now we get  to
worry about friends and family and wildlife in Florida.  Crowl is evacuating patients staff and ambassadors tomorrow and referring everyone to a veterinarian practice in Fort Myers. I certainly hope they did not have too much damage from the storm. Enough is enough. Also hope everyone will say prayers tonight him and his lady F 23. they have a mating longer than we might think and have been seen at it prior to reporting I don’t think they’re ready for eggs at this point however, and I hope the nest stays in there ragtag nest tree. Hopefully the tree will not fall down and wind or water. .
Lori, it is good to see you back posting and thanks for the kk’s.  Bill was sure a hero to some of those gorgeous mountains or at least what was a range of beautiful mountains.. I certainly hope trees will regrow and flourish again.
Clynn, thanks for your post on the Biltmore estate, and on the rumor mill.

Phyl, I still think you and Jim should get allergy testing and see if you could mitigate some of the respiratory issues. Sure worked for me years ago. S sleep well and heal..
Lani ,safe travels to Mike. 
Tsk, the only way I like apples are cooked!  That, of course they are delicious,

Hopefully BL is home and will be sleeping in his own bed tonight
Seds

« Last Edit: October 07, 2024, 09:19:51 AM by karengramke »

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #8206 on: October 07, 2024, 06:29:23 AM »

LANI    Safe travels for Mike tomorrow. Hope your to-do list isn't too long  ??? ;)   Sister Katseyes   ;D ;D ;D  What can I say.

KAREN     I read that about Crow yesterday.  I hope the new building will withstand the second assault.  Made it through the first one!
Hope our known nests at SWFL and NEFL make it.
Chicagoland

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #8207 on: October 07, 2024, 06:59:04 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

tsk, you beat me this morning! I got a little extra sleep! I looked at the clock and it was 4:43 and I thought I wouldn't be able to go back to sleep so I was surprised when I looked at the clock again and it was after 6:00! Prayers for our Florida nests and for all the exhausted people waiting for another hurricane to hit...

karen, I hope you are able to hear from your friend in Ashville. NC needs constant prayers for the dire circumstances they are living in. People are working together to get through the devastation. It is heartwarming to see neighbors helping each other and volunteers giving their time.

Lani, love Sister Katseyes, she is a beauty and such an intent look in her eyes! Where is Mike heading tomorrow? I must have missed it!  Love seeing the osprey eating a fish at SWFL, I don't think we have ever seen one there! Makes me think about our Hellgate family and send a prayer for their safe return in the Spring.   

Lori, love the pics and goodies you posted yesterday! Hope you and Destini are doing well!

Phyl, did you make it to the Clinic yesterday?

Lisa, thanks for the heads up on the Decorah cams!

baz, I wish Milton would do a U-turn today...

Ha Ho No Gen Canyon, Moenkopi Plateau, Hopi Indian Reservation, East Tuba City, Arizona (file 1852)  Nikon D850 ,AF-S NIKKOR 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR 1/400s f/8.0 at 98.0mm iso160 taken from Kodiak 100 airplane  last week— with Terry Cook.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2024, 07:19:39 AM by clynndunn »
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Puff

« Reply #8208 on: October 07, 2024, 07:17:49 AM »

clynn  You and I up about the same time today.  I refuse to get up before 5 a.m.  Sometimes I roll over and wait - sometimes i wait long enough and it turns into a quick eye rest.   :o  Love that shot of the AZ canyon, never saw that.  Another toss into the bucket list.

Even got tsk posting early.  Good morning!  A little nippy today - showing 43 right now. 

I've also already checked the Mississippi, too.  Loverly sunrise again - yesterday same way. 

No big weather on SWFL site yet.  Sure do worry for nest and Ft. Myers this morning.  I hope they have found a secure spot.  They an always rebuild.

P
« Last Edit: October 07, 2024, 07:21:40 AM by Puff »

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #8209 on: October 07, 2024, 08:05:02 AM »

Good Morning Everyone!

Currently: 60F sunny , High  74F mostly,  with  Low 62F

Hope everyone had a pleasant evening and a good night's rest.

Praying for SWFL and  Ft. Myers nests  and  those in the path of Tropical Storm  Milton.

CLynn went to a Little Clinic yesterday. Not my PCP--IMHO  ::)   

Karen  the sinus infection puzzles me if it's allergies. I will say this---Maggie is not an option.

Lani 🙏 s    safe travels for Mike

Lori  If I didn't mention the goodies yesterday----they were delicious.  Hope you and Destini are doing well!

Prayers for:  Victims of Hurricane Helene and those who rescue them; SWFL and  Ft. Myers nests The Fallen of Abbey Gate, Vietnam, Korean Conflict, WWI and II; Police and First Responders.  Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people.   'Little Gray' and 'Little One' ...All abandoned, abused , lost cats ... stray, unloved, homeless stray and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . As always, Beakers, Cheerios and RRP and families.🙏 s

🎃    🎃    🎃     🎃      🎃       🎃      🎃      🎃       🎃       🎃       🎃        🎃         🎃         🎃         🎃         🎃         🎃          🎃           🎃
« Last Edit: October 07, 2024, 08:42:27 AM by Phyl »

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #8210 on: October 07, 2024, 08:16:03 AM »

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

LisaG1967

« Reply #8211 on: October 07, 2024, 08:52:54 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

Phyl - Sorry to hear you are still not feeling better.  Hope you can get some relief soon.  Thanks for the 365. 

Lani - Sister Kateyes  ;D  I love doing spatchcock chicken.  BJ's Wholesale Club has one that is already marinaded in lemon & garlic with spices.  We buy that sometimes when they have them.  Safe travels for Mike, and enjoy your no cooking this week   :D

karen - I hope you are able to get some info on your friend in Asheville. Hope all is OK with her. Hoping SWFL nest holds up in the upcoming storm. 

tsk - Pretty morning Hello Friend greeting.

clynn - You're welcome.  :)  Cute lil owl mug. 

Puff - That was a pretty sunrise this morning at Flyway.

karengramke

« Reply #8212 on: October 07, 2024, 09:33:10 AM »

Good Morning!   Hurricane Milton is now a cat 4 as it slams into the Yucatán Peninsula and over the hot waters of the Gulf on its way to Florida!   I have several friends in the area along with the nests!   Looks like NEFL  will get rain but is likely out of the cone. SWFL is on the dirty side of the storm, I think!  Usually the east side but think that is the bottom side in this one!   Prayers for all!

Phyl, never thought of Maggie re allergies!  Mold, dust. Pollen, grass, tres, etc.  bbl

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #8213 on: October 07, 2024, 11:18:23 AM »

LOL! :-*

#32 Truman  ;D

Sweet temper #903 Gully  :-*

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Eagles4, Lisa, Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

https://x.com/i/status/1843320629535146205

« Last Edit: October 07, 2024, 11:23:28 AM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #8214 on: October 07, 2024, 11:28:50 AM »

Prayers for Florida - our beautiful SWFL couple photo by Wskrsnwings. 🙏 :-*

CROW -  CLINIC & REHABILITATION OF WILDLIFE (INC)  🙏
CROW is closely monitoring Hurricane Milton. The hurricane is expected to make landfall as a category 3 hurricane on the west coast of Florida. As such we have implemented our evacuation plan moving all students, patients, and animal ambassadors from our campus to safe locations off island.
Our hospital will remain open for patient admissions until Monday at 5 p.m. as we continue to evacuate.
Beginning Tuesday, October 8th, please bring all patients to BluePearl Pet Hospital in Fort Myers for care by our team.
The Visitor Education Center will be closed Monday, October 7th and will remain closed until it is safe to reopen following the storm.
Thank you and please take precautions and stay safe throughout the storm. 💚

« Last Edit: October 07, 2024, 11:34:02 AM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #8215 on: October 07, 2024, 12:39:49 PM »

Good Morning!   Hurricane Milton is now a cat 4 as it slams into the Yucatán Peninsula and over the hot waters of the Gulf on its way to Florida!   I have several friends in the area along with the nests!   Looks like NEFL  will get rain but is likely out of the cone. SWFL is on the dirty side of the storm, I think!  Usually the east side but think that is the bottom side in this one!   Prayers for all!

Phyl, never thought of Maggie re allergies!  Mold, dust. Pollen, grass, tres, etc.  bbl

((Karen)), I hope you get word about your Asheville friend soon, and that she is safe somewhere.

Hurricane Milton is now a Cat 5 storm. It is expected to make landfall as either a Cat 3 or Cat 4. It will be both a major destructive wind and destructive water event, both storm surge and fresh water flooding, on coasts, and with coastal and inland rivers, and areal freshwater flooding, from heavy rains in a large swath, as currently forecasted. It will still be a strong hurricane even after it crosses the peninsula of Florida and pops back out into the Atlantic Ocean.

Mandatory and voluntary evacuation annnouncements for parts of Florida have already begun. People living there need to know their elevation and evacuation zone. I pray they will follow the recommendations of their local, county, and state officials - no matter how long they have lived in their homes that may have not flooded before. This storm is a whole new breed of beast, aiming at much of Florida, and there will be higher storm surges in many places than experienced before, in addition to flooding rains. This is true for much of the Florida peninsula, including many inland locations, including Orlando.

Last I looked this morning, Mandatory Evacuations were ordered already for Tampa and its whole Hillsborough County, for Zones A and B.

The Tampa Airport will close tomorrow (Tuesday) morning at 9 AM.  More evacuations and closings will be announced for many places as the track of Hurr. Milton becomes better defined, and brings it closer to land.

I hope everyone in its path takes it very seriously and does not take the "it's never flooded here before" approach. Some people who have said that in the past lost their lives, and others who have said that in the past and survived, by a thread, have said "Never again!"

Take care, Beakers. Be well.  :-*

Prayers for all affected by the storms and other natural disasters and threats.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2024, 12:45:17 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #8216 on: October 07, 2024, 02:14:52 PM »

Tim was up at 5.  Had the kitchen lights on - I woke up   ::) ::) ::)

PHYL   You're not allergic to cats..  Good 365!

LANI   Hope all the volunteers at Crow have been called to active duty!!
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #8217 on: October 07, 2024, 04:00:24 PM »

Lani - Saw a post a bit ago from CROW, they looked to be prepping for the storm, and getting things together.

baz - Thanks for the Milton update.  Man, that is one powerful Cat 5, the last I saw winds at 175mph!

tsk - I had to laugh at your comment about Tim up at 5 with the kitchen lights on.  Jeff thinks if he is awake, that I should be awake too.  He will start talking to the cats, or looking out the bedroom window, and start talking till I get aggravated and get up.  ;D

karengramke

« Reply #8218 on: October 07, 2024, 04:06:19 PM »

Nothing I have read about Milton looks good!   Thanks Baz!  No word on my friend!    Ow I cannot find the name of the church she has br
Een active  in!
I needed BL today!  A guy drove up as I was waiting to talk to my yard guy and was pointing out a large branch that was hanging from one of the loblollys!   He was from Pensacola and I Do not like to do business with folks from outnof town! Anyway I agreed to 100 dollars and he climbed and got the branch down!  It was very large.  The yard guy supervised! There is more that needs to be done!   Trucks are now picking up yard debris from the yards.
Tomorrow I have  an appointment with the ent folks…vertigo!   Got my oropane tank filled up today!  Was at 50%  and now back to 80%.
Prayers continue for all in WNC , TN and other flooded  out areas!  Now to add, Florida!

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #8219 on: October 07, 2024, 06:17:13 PM »

LISA   You nailed it!! ::) ::)

KAREN  Maybe google all the churches near where she lives and maybe the name will recognize the name?  I would be so leery of someone coming up and offering to do a job esp with the elderly.  But you had other people there to supervise so that was good.
Now you have some idea how much propane you use in  - was it two days??  Glad to hear you topped off the tank so to speak.
Hope they can do the procedure that helps you tomorrow.
Chicagoland