Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 585881 times)

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #7980 on: September 27, 2024, 10:32:06 PM »

Follow-up - NCDOT News on roads in western NC and related areas, including a couple major interstates and US Hwys:

https://www.transylvaniatimes.com/townnews/meteorology/ncdot-all-roads-in-western-north-carolina-should-be-considered-closed/article_e37e0e48-7ced-11ef-9984-d3ee9f8ce901.html#tncms-source=article-nav-next

Also see links at top of that page for clickable links to other related storm info.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2024, 10:40:00 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

kbshcb

« Reply #7981 on: September 27, 2024, 10:38:53 PM »

Thanks oldguy and baz.....only time will tell I guess.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #7982 on: September 28, 2024, 12:10:20 AM »

Oh my the horrific videos and news of NC, TN, Georgia, Florida and areas affected by hurricane Helene ... so sad and hard to look at.   😢

{{{Karen, Piper, Baz, Zippo}}} so glad to read you all are okay and safe.  :-*

Baz and Oldguy, thank you for the news links.

Tsk, thanks for letting us know about CROW. They just rebuilt from the last hurricane.

{{{Phyl, Jim, Miss Maggie}}} I pray you all are okay.

Good night and prayers for our Beak, Cheers and Forum family and friends. So much sadness and worry, prayers for loss of life, communities, animals, wildlife, 
It's hard to take in.. very overwhelming... I'm so sorry.  😢

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Tim and Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Tig, Clynn and family, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles and Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Tsk and Tim, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen and Piper, Clynn and family, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Baz and family, Eagle and family, Tsk's DIL Amy, Puff, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Hellgate Osprey Antali, Etta, Denton eaglets and nest, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2024, 12:59:24 AM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #7983 on: September 28, 2024, 06:43:46 AM »

Goos Moring Beakers!

Lani, I agree, the news coming from Helene is horrific...looking at the pictures and videos, it's hard to imagine people having to go through that. I am so glad to hear that CROW was spared for the most part. I grieve for the animals with nowhere to go...

baz, so glad to hear that you and Zippo are safe. And that your mountain sister and family are safe even though they are trapped on the mountain for a while. So many videos, I was trying to see if the Biltmore Estate was damaged but couldn't find anything specific. Biltmore Village was severely flooded  https://www.nbcnews.com/video/asheville-s-historic-biltmore-village-submerged-in-water-after-hurricane-helene-220337221801 

karen, so glad you an Piper are safe, even though Piper can't run the back yard! Check into a portable pet fence, there are several types out there.  https://www.chewy.com/b/pens-accessories-1468?utm_id=28026253&msclkid=2814fd4f90c615bdac919bb8741a6df3&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Search_NC_Dog_HG_Containment%20%26%20Gear&utm_term=portable%20dog%20pens%20for%20small%20dogs&utm_content=Pet%20Play%20Pens   We were watching the news yesterday morning, they were showing some of the damage in Valdosta. Particularlly the Antique Market that was hit. Oh my, lots of damage in downtown Valdosta!
https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topstories/multiple-buildings-in-downtown-valdosta-destroyed-by-hurricane-helene/ar-AA1rkQDr?ocid=BingNewsSerp

Phyl, what's up with your knees? You were doing so good! Did the retention pond overflow?

tsk, good that Tom and Barb's place is okay. So much damage in such a huge area.

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #7984 on: September 28, 2024, 07:06:19 AM »

some bounce

So sad about all the damage and death due to Helene.
Prayers for Captain Johnny who lost the Dora F ... his shrimp boat, recently restored: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMmPyukNzmg
I've been following his story this summer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgocUUKvdGM

TTFN
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #7985 on: September 28, 2024, 07:31:50 AM »

Penny Pics (and Tika) posting for LILBRO!!! ;)

Not her birthday pics yet,  but here's some...and some of the Sable Shepard  I babysit--- Tika, 5 yrs old and the smartest dog i have ever been around....
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

LORIDAVIS

• Facebook
« Reply #7986 on: September 28, 2024, 07:33:17 AM »

Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

LORIDAVIS

• Facebook
« Reply #7987 on: September 28, 2024, 07:35:00 AM »

Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #7988 on: September 28, 2024, 07:44:23 AM »

The Cats Will Know

By Cesare Pavese
Translated By Geoffrey Brock
Rain will fall again
on your smooth pavement,
a light rain like
a breath or a step.
The breeze and the dawn
will flourish again
when you return,
as if beneath your step.
Between flowers and sills
the cats will know.

There will be other days,
there will be other voices.
You will smile alone.

The cats will know.
You will hear words
old and spent and useless
like costumes left over
from yesterday’s parties.

You too will make gestures.
You’ll answer with words—
face of springtime,
you too will make gestures.

The cats will know,
face of springtime;
and the light rain
and the hyacinth dawn
that wrench the heart of him
who hopes no more for you—
they are the sad smile
you smile by yourself.

There will be other days,
other voices and renewals.
Face of springtime,
we will suffer at daybreak.

Copyright Credit: Cesare Pavese, "The Cats Will Know" from Disaffections: Complete Poems 1930-1950. Copyright © 2002 by Cesare Pavese.  Reprinted by permission of Copper Canyon Press. www.coppercanyonpress.org

Good Caturday  Morning Everyone!

Currently: 61F cloudy , High  66F light rain  with  Low 61F

:'( Such sad news from Florida, Georgia and North Carolina---especially the lives lost. Again the first thing on my mind when I wake in the morning ---millions of folks without fresh water, electricity, possessions, loved ones and homes!    🙏 s     

Relieved to read that {{{Karen/Piper and Bazi/Zippo}}}are well and safe.  :-*
Sad to read about destruction at  CROW, to echo--hadn't been long since they rebuilt from the last tropical cyclone   🙏 s

Bazi and Tsk Thank you for asking about us---Nashville has some flooding as we were under a NWS flood alert. We got about 4.19" rain fall in our Old Hickory Hills  area  alone.   Remember?  On days like we've had, it's the barometric pressure that make arthritis worse.
The rains have stopped . What a blessing!
Still I always think of the stray, unwanted and unloved  cats esp who have no safe place to go.  :'(   🙏 s

Tig yes. Prayers for Capt. Johnny

Hi CLynn awww Silver Tabbies this AM. Makes me think of 'Tiger'  he was with me in my teen years; cheery kitty quilt

Thanks for supplemental' Helene'  news OG and Bazi

Tsk glad  to read Barb and Tom are "ok", and your friend in Bradenton, too.

Lani  awesome BE last night

Prayers for: The Fallen of Abbey Gate, Vietnam, Korean Conflict, WWI and II; Police and First Responders.  Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people.   'Little Gray' and 'Little One' ...All abandoned, abused , lost cats ... stray, unloved, homeless stray and feral cats; The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . As always, Beakers, Cheerios and RRP/families.

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #7989 on: September 28, 2024, 07:46:06 AM »

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

BrokenLug

« Reply #7990 on: September 28, 2024, 08:05:36 AM »

Unfortunately ..
Does anyone recognize this potential TC formation area.  ::)
Image attached.

Rainfall totals from Helene will be updated by the WPC today, these amount were through 11 am EDT 09/27/24.
https://x.com/NWSWPC/status/1839690950614151227
U. S. A.

LORIDAVIS

• Facebook
« Reply #7991 on: September 28, 2024, 08:12:17 AM »

Follow-up - NCDOT News on roads in western NC and related areas, including a couple major interstates and US Hwys:

https://www.transylvaniatimes.com/townnews/meteorology/ncdot-all-roads-in-western-north-carolina-should-be-considered-closed/article_e37e0e48-7ced-11ef-9984-d3ee9f8ce901.html#tncms-source=article-nav-next

Also see links at top of that page for clickable links to other related storm info.

Bazi,  I am so glad you & Zippo are ok.  I had no idea of the devastation.  I am so sorry.  This is so sad.  :'( Prayers for ((Bazi & Zippo)) and ((Karen & Piper)) including all of the beakers and forum folks affected by this and (( Phyl & Jim)) in the flooding area's.
Posting a prayer for our fur & feather babies out there needing help today and their families...

« Last Edit: September 28, 2024, 08:18:49 AM by LORIDAVIS »
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #7992 on: September 28, 2024, 09:04:40 AM »

GOOD CATURDAY MORNING

BAZI  So many hugs to your mountain family cut off now.  Let's hope it is not for too long.  Wow I didn't realize Etta had passed but sounds like I forgot.

LANI  Yes I remember how CROW had to rebuild - Happy to see when they rebuilt it was "flood proof"

CLYNN  Cute Caturday kitties :)   It is so hard to look at all the flooding damage.  So long before so many people can resume their lives.
Biltmore - Let's hope they took some sort of precautions.  Valdosta damage - Boy oh boy.  Saw that cat quilt on FB yesterday. Love it  LOL

LORI   Thanks for posting LB's pics of darling Penny - Happy B-day #5 - and that gorgeous Tika
Chicagoland

LORIDAVIS

• Facebook
« Reply #7993 on: September 28, 2024, 09:21:06 AM »

This delicious apple pound cake is dense, full of buttery flavor cake loaded with fresh apples that keep it moist. It’s drenched in an optional glaze that slices perfect, every time.

Prayers and hugs for Clynn, Karen, Kbs, tsk, Lani, Phyl, Lisa, oldguy, puff, tig, bazi, Jill, blschue, Paulie, T40, Emy, Lilbro, E4E, Peep, Nora, Ginger, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, lindy, Bggolden, godiva, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, nanimal, ruby, Oma,  f22raptor, jicaji, LB, the cheers & Jewelies groups and All!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2024, 09:23:30 AM by LORIDAVIS »
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

LORIDAVIS

• Facebook
« Reply #7994 on: September 28, 2024, 09:41:30 AM »

I am getting the cold shoulder treatment from Destini today, she is currently not speaking to me because i took her to the vet yesterday to get her shave and nails done.  She usually starts talking to me 2 days after lol

"I am not talking to you today Lori"
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl