Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 544714 times)

oldguy

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #7185 on: August 27, 2024, 08:31:40 PM »

Hello Beakers

We had almost the same temps as yesterday - 96 for high and 77 dew point - feels like 105.  Our rain chance has dropped to 15% tonight - now hoping for some rain Wed. night.  Last rain here was the 15th. - so rain would be very beneficial...

This video was from the 23rd - so volume was still high in the eruption...
Lava "waterfall" in Iceland   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ihx_xyIh7-4

A look back in time of Paul Simon and Art Garfunkel...
Paul Simon & Daughter (Lulu was 18) 2012  -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCGgZP5fHx4
Art Garfunkel & son Arthur Jr.  (Jr. was 24) 2014   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S71bOe4kgb0

Who's This? Friendly TT Welcomes All Guests! (ENG SUB)   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTnCS3oHI0g

Maru went out wearing his beer box, but it was too hot   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyRO6ZkrYfg

What a difference 2 hours make in the forecast - now have some rain moving in - lots of lightning in the area.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2024, 10:26:38 PM by oldguy »
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #7186 on: August 28, 2024, 01:10:31 AM »

Baz, love your story of your dad and his motto.  ;D wonderful story, special memories  :-*

{{{Tig and Camper}}} soon you both will be on your vacation and these days will be just a memory. There's much to look forward to..... prayers for your SIL's mom... Take care

{{{Puff}}}

Oldguy, Thanks for links.

{{{Phyl, Jim and Miss Maggie}}} I hope you had a lovely birthday.

{{{Tsk and Tim}}} awww, sweet Lulu  :-*

{{{SED Karen and Piper}}} I found this video for you posted by Wskrnwings

SWFL Eagles_ A New Season For M15 & F23_Nest Work: M Adds Stick & F Adds Moss 08.27.24

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jLD2auftZo

Good night Beakers, Be safe and take care for all who are dealing with the storms.

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Tig, Tim and Tsk, Clynn and family, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles and Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Karen and Piper, Clynn and family, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Hellgate Osprey Antali, Etta, Denton eaglets and nest, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #7187 on: August 28, 2024, 06:23:13 AM »

Good Morning Everyone.!  Happy Wednedsay.

Currently: 72F partly  sunny , High  100F sunny,  with  Low 72F

Hope everyone had a pleasant evening and a good night's rest.

It's Wednesday and another 'Doc' visit this morning, for my knees.

{{{Puff}}}

{{{Tsk/Tim}}} Forgot about hospt'l smell being reminiscent of the vet office.  Glad to read Tim's improving daily

Lisa you remembered Mom's 'Rainbow'  birthday cake . :-*

{{{Tig}}} prayers for your  SILs mom;  enjoy your vaca and forget about the past couple of days; will enjoy Camper's pics?

Bazi & OGpretty bluebirds birthday cake

Bazi enjoyed your  Dad's story and all

{{{KB}}}

OG tks for the links wiill finish viewing later

Lani tks for update on SWFL Eagles

Think I'm caught up.

Prayers for: The Fallen of Abbey Gate, Vietnam, Korean Conflict, WWI and II; Police and First Responders.  Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people.   'Little Gray' and 'Little One' ...All abandoned, abused , lost cats ... stray, unloved, homeless stray and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . As always, Beakers/families.

Wednesday’s Wish

Midweek musings, they start to stray,
As Wednesday’s wish, it begins to sway,
A heartfelt hope, for a brighter day,
Erupts from the silence, in a joyful way.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2024, 06:43:57 AM by Phyl »

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #7189 on: August 28, 2024, 06:55:47 AM »

2. 50" of rain in my back yard in a pretty tough thunderstorm last night. Cooler but very humid.  Lots of litter to clean up in the yard.

PUFF   That 99 was at ORD on the TV weather.

OLDGUY   WOW  that lava waterfall  :o   Impressive - The Simon and Garfunkel kids  Would like to see them today.  :)   Wonder how much Claire spends a year on the 11 cats in medical care.  Didn't know they had stem cell therapy for cats.

LANI  SWFL starting up.  Boy the time goes by.  :o
Chicagoland

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #7190 on: August 28, 2024, 07:08:01 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Phyl, sounds like we are all in for a hot day today! Only 90 for us, 93 tomorrow, cooldown starts Friday, 81 !  Hope you had a wonderful birthday! Love your pictures this morning, those would make great puzzles! I have a lot of puzzles on Jigsaw Planet.

Lani, thanks for the wonderful video of M15 and F23 both landing in the nest! With 4 months (?) to go until eggs, it's good to see them spending some time at home!!Love the laughing good night dog! Wonder what he is laughing at! I also think Sum-eh is most likely Louis's, but Finn sure did a wonderful job of adopting him!

oldguy, don't know if we got any rain during the night, I'll have to ask Ed, he always knows! Thanks for the Simon & Garfunkel videos, they have always been among my favorites... We never heard much about their families back when, they always seemed like two single guys!  Sounds like their kids inherited their musical traits! Stunning lava waterfallls in Iceland!  Wow!

baz, love hearing about your Dad and his love of wandering the country! My Dad was like that and sometimes I feel it too! I have taken off in a direction I have never been just to see what's there. Mom loves to go on drives too, we have been all over Southern Illinois! Many Sunday afternoons of my childhood 'going for a drive'.

tsk, hope Tim is even better today! I don't think it matters to Claire how much she spends on her cats!  ::) I found this on the web:

Claire Luvcat, known for her popular YouTube channel featuring her cats, has an estimated net worth of around $5.6 million. Her annual income is estimated to be approximately $1.6 million.

Pictures of the flowers in my front garden!

« Last Edit: August 28, 2024, 07:10:08 AM by clynndunn »
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

LisaG1967

« Reply #7191 on: August 28, 2024, 07:30:30 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

kb - I would say so that the fair wasn't ok, but I give them a "10" on the belly flop!  ;D

baz - Love the story from last night, sweet memories and glad you were not hurt by the telephone pole.  Cute lil bird with it's party hat on for Phyl. 

tig - Glad you were able to open the garage.  Hope all goes well before you leave.

tsk - Oh wow, you did get some rain.   I hope we get some after the few hot days we have had.  They say today it is supposed be in the 100's.

oldguy - Thanks for the videos.

Lani - Thanks for the SWFL update. Good to see M15 & F23!

Phyl - Love your colorful artwork this morning.

clynn - Love your pretty flowers, and also your pretty morning pics.

Puff

« Reply #7192 on: August 28, 2024, 07:37:10 AM »

2. 50" of rain in my back yard in a pretty tough thunderstorm last night. Cooler but very humid.  Lots of litter to clean up in the yard.

PUFF   That 99 was at ORD on the TV weather.

OLDGUY   WOW  that lava waterfall  :o   Impressive - The Simon and Garfunkel kids  Would like to see them today.  :)   Wonder how much Claire spends a year on the 11 cats in medical care.  Didn't know they had stem cell therapy for cats.

LANI  SWFL starting up.  Boy the time goes by.  :o

I saw that this morning, too, that was 99 at ORD officially.   I get my Wunderground actually for Darien.
 They have a local setup about 1 1/2 miles away at a firestation.  Ours  yesterday ws 100, unofficially.

But how about that action last night.  I can honestly say I've never in all my years been through an entire hour of that electric (?) storm.  More or less normal on rain, but the light show was fantastic.  It wasn't even loud (thunder) or bolts of lightning.  Just an all over stage show.  What was strange was that I saw nothing to the north or east skies.  Opened the drapes to watch from the comfort of bed - fell asleep.  Had to be an hour or so +plus.   

Yard duty should be better today.  First group coming at 8 (?)   I'll check the gauge when I go out.  I'll check back in later.

P

kbshcb

« Reply #7193 on: August 28, 2024, 07:58:07 AM »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1828402630671921183

This video shows a woman in Tel-Aviv saving a baby bat....holding it up for Mom to come get it and more.

Forgot to post it yesterday.

Have a good day....

BrokenLug

« Reply #7194 on: August 28, 2024, 09:47:13 AM »

https://x.com/NWSTwinCities/status/1828499673356870067

Kb / Tig here's a video from X of the storms from the other night.

That's one heck of a light show going on over the City !   :o
U. S. A.

kbshcb

« Reply #7195 on: August 28, 2024, 10:06:55 AM »

https://x.com/NWSTwinCities/status/1828499673356870067

Kb / Tig here's a video from X of the storms from the other night.

That's one heck of a light show going on over the City !   :o

Thanks, BL...that's really cool....I didn't see it as I was in the basement "hiding"...
The next morning I saw a tree down on almost every block in my neighborhood...luckily this time I escaped mostly unharmed. Power still not on for many in my city.....sad.

Heading out soon for Ollie toenail clipping...not my favorite thing to do..

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #7196 on: August 28, 2024, 12:16:43 PM »

CLYNN   WOW WOW  I guess Claire can do just about anything she wants!!!  Thanks for that info.  Beautiful front garden.  Love the walkway.  :)  Tim had his staples out today.  :)  Will take himself on a couple errands this afternoon.

PUFF  I think ORD and my backyard were at the north edge of the storm as I noticed on the news crawl that the cities involved were all south of me/ORD.   Tim's bedroom  windows face E -W -and north - He said the "light show" was amazing.  I was sound asleep  LOL

KB  That bat video was amazing!  Nice to know the person handling the baby knew what they were doing.

BL   stunning light show
Chicagoland

Lani

« Reply #7197 on: August 28, 2024, 12:17:17 PM »

It's been awhile since I've checked in on our beautiful North American Black Bear Family
https://www.bearstudy.org/updates/daily-updates/4924-comforting-sightings-update-august-27-2024.html

Lily born in 2007 Mother is June (daughter of Shadow matriarch of the Bearstudy)  :-*

Lily's 4 cubs - 3 males & 1 female (2024)  :-*  She has had a total of 22 cubs since 2010

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Eagles4, Lisa, Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Phyl, your morning pics would be great puzzles.  ;D ... sweet nature video... I hope all goes well for your dr appt.

Tsk, time goes by way too fast! My favorite time of year is nearing I wish we had another month of fall before January....

Clynn, love morning pics, the tiny house is adorable.... Finn is a wonderful mate, father, protector of his nest. When Iris calls he comes running. LOL! :-* ... Glad to see Claire is doing quite well, her furry babies are her life.... beautiful flowers, don't you wish they could survive the winter.  :-*

Hi Lisa please pass a cup of coffee to me. I can smell the delicious aroma from here.  ;D

{{{Puff}}} I bet the lightning show was amazing to watch, so glad all is well after the storm.

Kb, speechless after watching the bat lady.

BL, amazing lightning/storm video.

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

karengramke

« Reply #7198 on: August 28, 2024, 03:50:45 PM »

Good afternoon!  Hot ax blazes as usual but Piper and I have had a very good time today watering some plants and filling the bird bath with  the solar powered  spray the humming birds are said to love!

Clynn, love the little red house!  I want that!  Also like your garden pictures and wonder who waters the impatients in the pots!

Lani, Many thanks for posting the swfl. Video!  Great to see M15 and F23 getting ready for a new season!  Usually welcome babies around Christmas!   Also enjoy the black bears?

Lisa, tge aroma of your morning coffee is so inviting!  Might have to get a cup!

Lani

« Reply #7199 on: August 28, 2024, 04:56:44 PM »

Anan Wildlife Observatory Lower Falls and Caves

You'll make it through the rest of the week. Let's secret handshake on it 💚

https://x.com/i/status/1828865800163471397