Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 542703 times)

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #6705 on: August 08, 2024, 06:46:14 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

tsk, Harley is not interested in any people food either, neither was Honey. Sam and Sophie like chicken sometimes... Like you, I will be glad when the Yellowstone people have moved on...

Phyl, love Snoopy doing the charwoman chores! We will have a wonderful high of 74 today! The Iowa State Fair is going to have beautiful weather for most of the time, the parade is this afternoon. Ed always goes with the Veterans group in the parade. Erin and Sydney are taking the kids to watch the parade, it's a big deal here!  The View Master! I have sold several of those on eBay! The whole family used to watch Candid Camera! So many tv shows that were good family entertainment!

Lani, would love to be on that beach watching the beautiful sunset with TF! Your Hellgate pictures, wow, I never realized how much would be involved in shooting a scene! It looks like a small city! The second picture looks like Iris and the kids are discussing the crowd!

karen, hope you and Piper got some rest last night! When I go to Mom's she makes tuna noodle casserole, meat loaf and ham & beans for me! Love those meals from childhood, but Ed does not! He says they had them too much! He doesn't care for casseroles at all. There were 7 kids in his family so they had casseroles often.  :o

tsk, sounds like you and Tim had a good visit to WI yesterday! I would have a hard time choosing from the menu at Frank's Diner, maybe I would try a garbage plate. But bet I couldn't eat it all!

Lisa, hope Bandit's blood work is okay and it was just the treat! Imagine being allergic to filet mignon!

baz, I do keep getting it wrong about your Debby effects, I think because I am not sure exactly where you live! Anyway, hope it's minor! The Munchkins start school on 8/23 so I will have 2 more Wednesdays with them. We will have them tomorrow evening so Erin and Sydney can go to the Iowa State Fair with some of their friends.

Lisa, yes it was Munchkin's Day. Would have been nice to go to the park but it is still not done! Notice the lunch technology, not Kelsey though! She is concentrating on lunch! Bella got her microwave s'mores, it was good but messy! Talon always wants vanilla ice cream, 'the kind you scoop out of a container'. I think he is hooked on Tillamook Vanilla Bean...my favorite!

The Loess Hills are one of the most striking and scenic locations in Iowa. There are only two locations in the world where loess (wind-blown dust) has accumulated to a significant amount – Western Iowa along the Missouri River and along the Yellow River in China.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2024, 08:55:38 AM by clynndunn »
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

kbshcb

« Reply #6706 on: August 08, 2024, 07:51:00 AM »

Beakers: be sure to play the you tube video with the lyrics I posted with it on the tuna casserole song.

It's beautiful vocals.

LisaG1967

« Reply #6707 on: August 08, 2024, 07:57:03 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

karen - The vet did mention to me that you can bring things in on your shoes, and it can make your animals sick.

Lani - Another beautiful Royal pic.   

Phyl - Thank you, Maggie.  Love the throwbacks!

tsk - The vet yesterday was a relief vet, and I really liked her.  She was very thorough.  I thought she was gonna scold me for the people food, but she understood that some cats are just picky.  Bandit greeting us at 4:30am, went to the potty, drank some water and ate a bit of food.  He is still laying around, but at least he is eating, drinking and using the potty today. He seems to be back to normal. 

clynn - LOL, the technology lunch!  Love the shed. 

kb - Morning  :)

kbshcb

« Reply #6708 on: August 08, 2024, 08:30:05 AM »

The true size of Africa....this always blows me away.

Morning Lisa.

karengramke

« Reply #6709 on: August 08, 2024, 09:03:42 AM »

Good Morning!   Yes Tsk, in the early Beak days I was making many  trips  to Northern Illinois!    Some for fun and some to help with the problems  of aging and  poor health of my step mother!   The last few trips were not fun!

Lisa, glad to hear Bandit is feeling better this am!   Sounds like a good vet!   I hope Pepe is not spreading  germs!  Lol!

Clynn, good pictures today.  Love the shed!  Would be nice if house painting became  the vogue!   Illinois State Fair is also going on now!

Debby just made another landfall on the carolina coast!   Hang on Baz!

kbshcb

« Reply #6710 on: August 08, 2024, 09:36:41 AM »

Justin Campbell takes drone photos of my city. My house is just below that water tower on the left upper side. Where the Towers perch. Highway is 35W leading to downtown Mpls in the center background. That lake is Woodlake a good local hiking walk and the Tower's nest/former nest is to the left of the highway. The distance between the tower and nest is just under a mile..the MPLS airport is to the right of the lake.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6711 on: August 08, 2024, 10:02:56 AM »

CLYNN  In our house I call a casserole - a stir fry where I clean out the frig  LOLOL  I take a Costco chicken and cut up the breasts into 2 cup portions and freeze in a zip lock.  Toss them into the stir fry in automatic 2 C portions. ;D  The garbage plate ( half for me is 3 eggs) is delicious.  I ate half of it  and one slice of their 1" thick homemade bread.  Tim finished it all off last night for dinner.  LOL
Too bad the park isn't done yet.  Soon will be winter  ;D :o ::)   Boy, Isn't that Loess view something. I can see the hiking trail.

LISA  Indeed a beautiful morning table.  Sounds like Bandit is OK  One more day will cinch it. Speaking of vets, on our local chatter FB page it seems the vets we like have left our clinic - a current trend people are seeing - as our clinic has now been bought out by Heartland...Don't know the full story but is making lots of folks angry.

KB   WOW  that is amazing.  I had no idea all those countries could fit into Africa.  Thanks for the orientation to  your city etc.  Nice photo.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2024, 04:06:44 PM by tsk34 »
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #6712 on: August 08, 2024, 10:17:54 AM »

CLYNN  In our house I call a casserole - a stir fry where I clean out the frig  LOLOL  I take a Costco chicken and cut up the breasts into 2 cup portions and freeze in a zip lock.  Toss them into the stir fry in automatic 2 C portions. ;D  The garbage plate ( half for me is 3 eggs) is delicious.  I ate half of it  and one slice of their 1" thick homemade bread.  Tim finished it all off last night for dinner.  LOL
Too bad the park isn't done yet.  Soon will be winter  ;D :o ::)   Boy, Isn't that Loess view something. I can see the hiking trail.

LISA  Indeed a beautiful morning table.  Sounds like Bandit is OK  One more day will cinch it. Speaking of vets, on our local chatter FB page it seems the vets we like have left our clinic - a current trend people are seeing - as our clinic has now been bought out by Heartland...Don't know the full story but is making lots of folks angry.

KB   WOW  that is amazing.  I had no idea all those countries could fit into Africa.  Thanks for the orientation to you and your city etc.  Nice photo.

Private equity is buying up veterinarian clinics nation wide, tsk. Just like hospitals and medical clinics.
Never a good outcome for clients/patients either.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #6713 on: August 08, 2024, 10:26:30 AM »

Royal Albatross update

Top Flat chick is 196 days old and weighs 8.3 kg. The last recorded weight was 8 kg after which he was supplementary fed 1.6 kg fluids and fish. He may be supplementary fed again tomorrow.

By this stage, peak weight of a toroa chick has been reached and they start losing weigh prior to fledging.

https://www.doc.govt.nz/nature/native-animals/birds/birds-a-z/albatrosses/royal-albatross-toroa/royal-cam/track-the-chicks-weight/

Top Flat Track chick is 188 days old and weighs 8.8 kg. The last recorded weight was 10.5 kg.
We are unable to keep both chicks on cam at the same time now as they are further apart. We pan over to Top Flat Track chick when we can.

Stainless steel banding of the colony’s chicks will occur on Friday 9th 2024

What To Expect On The Royal Albatross Cam: July–August | Banding And Preparing To Fledgehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzKjZ2iiUks&t=30s

A normal part of preparing to fledge is regurgitation of a bolus of hard indigestible parts of food in the developing chick’s stomach.
Increasing, we are finding plastic in these boluses, but they should be made up of squid beaks and bones. Below photo.

Earlier this morning Dad LGK returns for feeding TF chick  :-*

Good morning Beakers!
Hi Eagles4, Lisa, Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #6714 on: August 08, 2024, 10:42:11 AM »

From Facebook - Montana Osprey - Hi everyone,
I have been spending time up in my little photo blind in the parking lot.  Iris and family completely ignore me.  They have been putting on quite a show, and here are a few photos I took this morning.
Best, Erick Greene and the Montana Osprey Team

Finnegan brings small fish

Summer returns to nest

Iris nestorizing

Antali tries out wings under mom's guiding
« Last Edit: August 08, 2024, 10:47:36 AM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #6715 on: August 08, 2024, 10:46:41 AM »

Tsk luv the 'Lady bug';  no intention to remind you of your 'chores'. But every bit a statement of me "doing mine' today as always.
In the old days diners always had good food---glad you found one like that.

Clynn cute 'she shed'; we watched  Candid Camera until the last. So much fun; tks for snaps of the Munchkins from yesterday.
Let's see you have two more 'Wednesdays' before school resumes?  :-\

Karen / Bazi hope you gals and pets are doing well.   LOL your comment about Monsieur Pepe.

Lisa glad to read Bandit  behaving more his old self.

Hi Kb gor it.  Awesome about Africa---saw the same several years back. Tks
Cool drone view of your area---tks for the local of your house and The Towers water tower.
Most of all---many thanks (Tsk too) for the low down on the private equities buy out of vet clinics. Was not
aware until just now .

Lani tks for the Royal Albie update---that barf-up contents doesn't look good. Even humans are finding 'micro plastics' in the blood
stream I read in one Nat'l  Geo  mag  article several issues back. Scary. TF looks great. tks for the osprey snaps--they are impressive family---nest.

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #6716 on: August 08, 2024, 10:53:22 AM »

Sapphires form inside the fiery hearts of volcanoes, not deep in the mantle like we thought

https://www.livescience.com/planet-earth/geology/sapphires-form-inside-the-fiery-hearts-of-volcanoes-not-deep-in-the-mantle-like-we-thought

A sapphire from sediment in the Kyll, a river in the western Eifel. The crystal measures approximately 0.9 mm in diameter. (Image credit: © Sebastian Schmidt)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2024, 10:55:47 AM by Phyl »

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #6717 on: August 08, 2024, 10:54:40 AM »

Whispers of the Sun     

Softly falls the morning dew
On sunflower petals, tales anew
Of secrets whispered by the sun
As petals lift to greet the dawn begun
In languages of green and gold
The sun imparts its wisdom old
To those who listen, heart and soul
As sunflowers stand, their stories whole

Teddy Bear sunflowers are a plant that children will love.
It has cuddly-looking, 4-5 inch yellow flowers and is quite different from the normal sunflower.

Sauces bald eagle cam

Puff

« Reply #6718 on: August 08, 2024, 12:24:10 PM »

clynn  However does a leg get bent into such a position like Talon.   :o  At this point in time I can't bed knee enough to lady-like get into hotrod. 

Could it be that he's hooked on the icecream because someone else  ::) was already hooked herself?  Grandma influence.

Nice pic of MSP KP.  Good view, good eye, good equipment!!!!

No one mentioned ?  OK I will - Happy International Cat Day.    :-*

« Last Edit: August 08, 2024, 12:25:49 PM by Puff »

Puff

« Reply #6719 on: August 08, 2024, 12:39:06 PM »

https://files.constantcontact.com/1accf3c9901/773d0a6b-ac46-4770-be56-2e495b8e2adf.jpg?rdr=true

Lots of material coming through for '25.  Have to share this. . .

Been there, done that - Deckhand Daves in Juneau AK.  Food truck serving fresh! fish tacos and reindeer not dogs.
Another interesting feature of the state capital is the very close hills surrounding the town and then the massive staircases needed to walk up to homes.

P