Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 645345 times)

LisaG1967

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #6405 on: July 25, 2024, 05:46:16 PM »

tsk - the outdoor sculptures are great! 4

Lani - Thanks for the info on the Anan Wildlife Observatory, will have to check that cam out.  Enjoy your last evening with Aly, and your dinner with your girls.  Safe travels for Mike. 

kb - Hope you feel better soon!

Phyl - Thanks for the 365, and SOAR annual report. Didn't get to see American Bandstand, but do remember watching Soul Train on Saturday mornings.

Have a good night, everyone!

kbshcb

« Reply #6406 on: July 25, 2024, 06:52:39 PM »

Lisa - thanks, I'm doing a little better, but so glad I called Andrew. He just finished my steep back yard hill, my front, and weed whipped.
Shall get me by this time of year another 7-10 days..

I can walk Ollie tomorrow I'm sure, and grocery shop on Friday.

am grateful for his help...no gardening for me for awhile either.....

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #6407 on: July 25, 2024, 08:29:49 PM »

KB glad you're feeling better and you have a helper like Andrew. Good idea to back off of gardening for a bit

Lani  tks for the Royal Albie update--Top Flat looks 'healthy' and lovely in white--enjoyed reading about them. Bears too.
Glad everyone will be together tomorrow even if for a day. Safe travels to all.   Oh yeah---what's for chow?  ;D
Peeked in on the Bear Cam at Anan there's a c ub/adult at the rocky base just standing there letting the watery foam
swirl 'Neath they bellies  and muddy bottom soak their paws.

Tsk the Arboretum is something  I'd do  ;), tks for size perspective. You look like you've been out for a bit ?  Really enjoyed the sculptures.

Lisa when in high school I did watch 'Soul Train' on Saturdays. Remember how the show opened ?   Classic Intro Soul Train 70's
https://youtu.be/NB8PPhQglwo I loved the high pitched whistle-like sound the singer did when singing 'soul'.   ;D

Larry/Dan were big on American Bandstand or as fans called the show, 'Bandstand'. That's where you learned the songs and the dance steps . So when I got older I watched it all the time.  Every now and then my girlfriend and I go stag to a dance.

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #6408 on: July 25, 2024, 08:32:18 PM »

Good Night Everyone... sleep well. 

Sauces bald eagle cam

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #6409 on: July 26, 2024, 01:18:23 AM »

Good night Beakers! It's been a long day.

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Clynn's sister Cathy, Aunt June, Aunt Linda and Mom, Clynn and Ed, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Tig, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Lisa, Jeff and Family, Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Etta, Denton eaglets and nest, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #6410 on: July 26, 2024, 07:02:44 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Lani, you had a busy day yesterday! Love the tongue hanging out on the tired puppy... Hope you and Mike had a wonderful evening with both of your girls! Thanks for the Royal Alby updates, always enjoy reading! And a new Bear cam!

tsk, we always called a chamois a shamee too although I have heard sham-wa rarely.  Take a listen:  https://www.howtopronounce.com/chamois-cloth   Those sculptures are very interesting and unique!

Phyl, I watched all of those music shows of the late 60s!  Very fun memories, and I bet you remember all the words to the songs as I do! There was another one called 'Where the Action Is' that featured Paul Revere and the Raiders! Loved that show!  Thanks for the SOAR report!

Lisa, I don't think Talon seems excited about school starting, but Bella is! I am surprised at how much she knows already! She made this sign for my hall cat, all by herself! No help from me at all!

Hellgate - Self feeding lesson!  B Peterson

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6411 on: July 26, 2024, 07:15:45 AM »

GOOD MORNING

Blessedly cool last night. Had the windows open.  Several days of 90's a comin'

LANI   Hope you had a good nights sleep.  Lots of activity yesterday.  Safe 2 day trip for ((Aly))

CLYNN   Have a "blue"tiful day  ;D   Bella seems very inquisitive and eager to learn.  You give/gave her so many experiences as she was growing up.    Boys will be boys  LOL
Chicagoland

Phyl

« Reply #6412 on: July 26, 2024, 07:27:33 AM »

Good Morning Everyone...

Currently: 75F cloudy , High  82F  rain  showers,  with  Low 71F
Hope everyone had a pleasant evening and a good night's rest.

LOL 'Good Night' puppy Lani

Prayers for:  The family of Corey Comperatore loosing husband / father on July13, 2024 .Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people.   'Little Gray' and 'Little One' ...All abandoned, abused , lost cats ... stray, unloved, homeless stray and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . As always, Beakers/families.

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #6413 on: July 26, 2024, 07:43:13 AM »

CLynn I pronounce 'chamois'  the way the French do--- as it's etymology is  borrowed from Middle French chamois, from Late Latin camox, from Gaulish camox (5th c.)    Thaks for Hellgate snap that nest/chicks  look  great.  ;)

Tsk  OMG! Jim would love your AM post.  We're getting a cooling off before August. We live in the 'burbs' and don't get
the 'city heat' as much.

Nature 365:

https://www.nature365.tv/video/2024-07-26-marmots
https://www.nature365.tv

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #6414 on: July 26, 2024, 07:47:05 AM »

The Raptor Resource Project

From Amy's blog...

July 25, 2024: Are DN17 and DN18 on walkabout?

https://www.raptorresource.org/2024/07/25/july-25-2024-are-dn17-and-dn18-on-walkabout/

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #6415 on: July 26, 2024, 07:58:32 AM »

With its rosy-red plumage and whistling song, the male of this species is one of North America's most striking songbirds. The southern species breeds as far west as California, as far north as Iowa, east to New Jersey, and winters as far south as Bolivia. Known for eating bees and wasps, this omnivore also feasts on fruits like blackberries, pokeweed, citrus, and bananas.  This  brilliant   Summer Tanager is a real wasp gobbler.  ;)

Sauces bald eagle cam

Puff

« Reply #6416 on: July 26, 2024, 09:05:30 AM »

GOOD MORNING

Blessedly cool last night. Had the windows open.  Several days of 90's a comin'

LANI   Hope you had a good nights sleep.  Lots of activity yesterday.  Safe 2 day trip for ((Aly))

CLYNN   Have a "blue"tiful day  ;D   Bella seems very inquisitive and eager to learn.  You give/gave her so many experiences as she was growing up.    Boys will be boys  LOL

That was a post of your breakfast this a.m.?  No coffee/tea?

P

LisaG1967

« Reply #6417 on: July 26, 2024, 11:33:11 AM »

Good Morning/Afternoon Beakers....TGIF!!!!

kb - Glad to hear that you are letting someone help, while you take time to heal. 

Phyl - I think my favorite part of Soul Train was when they did the Soul Line Train dance.

Lani - Aww, sleepy pup.  Hope you enjoyed your time with Aly while she was there.

clynn - Aww, Talon is growing up and maybe getting to that stage of not being excited for school.  I was always excited for the start of school....new supplies!  I still look thru the supplies when they first put them out.  Great job, Bella on the sign!

tsk - Yes, please to all of your morning desserts!  ;D

Puff - Morning/Afternoon  :)

Where is karen?  Hope all is ok.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6418 on: July 26, 2024, 04:21:44 PM »

PHYL  Thanks for Amy's blog.

PUFF   ;) ;) ;)

Quiet this afternoon.
Chicagoland

karengramke

« Reply #6419 on: July 26, 2024, 06:07:16 PM »

Hi Lisa! Been here but I’m just now getting around to posting!    How is Snow White?

Yesterday I did some things , ordered in from Sam’s and took Piper for her rabies shot and am going to look for a new pediatrician for her!  This one will not give a 3 year vaccine!  He is kind of  a smart alec!   Watered plants in the backyard !
TodayI did laundry, pt, washed two large front windows and the door windows and ordered more groceries!    I did use the hose and windex  so I was not out with buckets, rags, etc!   Looks better but not perfect!   
Love the blues in Clynns
am post and the pictures of the kids!  Bella is really growing up!
Lani, I know you will miss Aly and Dewey!  So will Sadie!   Safe travels to them!   Happy Mike is home! 
Tsk, Good pictures of Morten's Arboretum  and thanks for all tge morning goodies!
Phyl ,  good Jims car has been repaired!
Seds