Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 544560 times)

karengramke

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #6225 on: July 17, 2024, 08:01:32 AM »

Great stairway this am!  Thanks  Phyl!  Good Morning All!  Goid looking banna split, Tsk! 
Puff,  the lake is a real climate controller !  Makes areas cooker in the summer and warmer in the winter. The further west you go the less you feel that affect!   But then you knew that!  A  friend of my  family was the head pressman for the sun  times.  Commuters loved it as it was easier to read on the train or el!   We
Got the Chicago Daily News in the evening and the Trib on weekends!
I love ice cream!
Clynn was to  have a get together with her friends yesterday!  Hope they had fun and a good time catching up!  Wonder when they are going to float across the river!  Lol.
Good to see youLore!  Nice looking Peaches!  Pets to Destiny.

oldguy

« Reply #6226 on: July 17, 2024, 09:45:05 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

Puff - I checked all of the Weather Underground sites near you and all of them were under 1 inch.  All sites are about 1 - 1.5 miles from the airport in all directions.  In contrast, we had about a 1 inch variation on that storm in a 3 mile circle.  So, it is possible that you got hit with a very wet cell. ;)

We have several days of under 80 temps - love it...

I spent last evening dealing with a non working freezer.  On line info, showed my model has a known issue of thermostat failure.  So found a similar unit available in stock across town, so went and bought a replacement.  Plugged it in and no work - determined I had a broken GFCI outlet that feeds power to the freezer outlet.  The outlet had broken apart.  Plastic pieces fell out when I removed the cover.  Another trip to a store for a new outlet, replacement resulted in the old freezer working fine.  So now I have to return the new one.  ::)  Fortunately the only thing that had thawed was the bread - all of my frozen water bottles and meat were still frozen. :)

Also my old van has an engine issue - running rough, so need to get that looked at.

A video from Cole and Marmelade...
6 Cats Explore New Outside Catio for the First Time!   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzp6kWFbqXE
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

karengramke

« Reply #6227 on: July 17, 2024, 09:52:52 AM »

Old Guy, you are breat at trouble shooting and fixing things!  Goid job!  Good weatherreoort for atf !

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #6228 on: July 17, 2024, 11:00:48 AM »

A busy morning at Brooks Falls

Mama Grazer and her two cubs

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Eagles4, Lisa, Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

BrokenLug

« Reply #6229 on: July 17, 2024, 11:11:33 AM »

https://raptorresource.org/raptorresource/forum/index.php?topic=2867.msg796126#msg796126

Tsk & Puff - Here are the preliminary storm survey results from the NWS Chicago Office (as of 11 PM CDT 07/16/24).
11 confirmed tornadoes as of last night from the 07/15 derecho. 

It sounds like the whole page will be updated in the upcoming days.
Additional tornado survey results may be added later today. 

Click the Tornado Tab for more details.
https://www.weather.gov/lot/2024_07_15_Derecho

I plotted what the NWS has so far surveyed on this map. Click around on it for details.
Puff check the 1st 3 EF1's on the left side list.
It looks like that EF1's path 'hopped, skipped and jumped' right over Darien.   :o

Google My Maps link: https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?mid=1c6U4VCGTCvcU0NWIo1BjV7f2rRKcW4s&usp=sharing
« Last Edit: July 17, 2024, 11:15:51 AM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #6230 on: July 17, 2024, 11:26:13 AM »

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

BrokenLug

« Reply #6231 on: July 17, 2024, 11:30:41 AM »

And I must say again this is a mighty sweet looking forecast for all of the ATF attendees.
I'd imagine this forecast is not typical for Decorah land at this time of year .. what say ye OG and Puff ?

Does anyone know what the Paddle route on the UIR is this year?  ie Put in/Take out.
I was going to check the flow gauges. 

Temps not cracking the 80's through the weekend.    :) :) :)

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=43.2755&lon=-91.7394
U. S. A.

oldguy

« Reply #6232 on: July 17, 2024, 12:01:34 PM »

Not many river monitors on the Upper Iowa - the closest to Decorah is at Freeport.  Current level is 9.1 water depth and stable.  Freeport is about 1 mile downstream from the WalMart...  Stations upstream run from 4 to 5 ft from Kendallville to Decorah.  This is about mid range on depth - much of this area has a flood level of 10-12 ft.  Should make for an enjoyable float as long as there are not any trees laying over across the channel.

The temps are going to be about 5-8 degrees below average.

Puff

« Reply #6233 on: July 17, 2024, 12:16:46 PM »

And I must say again this is a mighty sweet looking forecast for all of the ATF attendees.
I'd imagine this forecast is not typical for Decorah land at this time of year .. what say ye OG and Puff ?

Does anyone know what the Paddle route on the UIR is this year?  ie Put in/Take out.

Checked that out already BL.

70's during the day, no rain.  87 here yesterday and humid!

Problem might be the night - low 60s during my Whippy Do treat might require some warm jacket?  Or, instead of dinner, maybe have IC first.   ;D

P

oldguy

« Reply #6234 on: July 17, 2024, 12:27:51 PM »

I check the itinerary and start is at Iverson Bridge (12NE of Decorah)and ends at the  Upper Iowa Resort River Rentals.  They are located off of Hyw76 bridge of the UIR (Dorcester).  about a 6 mile float.  Water depth of 8-10 ft.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6235 on: July 17, 2024, 12:47:49 PM »

LORI  Always good to see you.  Just finished my lunch and would love one of those peach fritters  ;D

PUFF  You can't be serious!!  Get to the Whippy Dip come hell or high water! 

KAREN   Like you I'm waiting for the results of the boat ride  LOL..I always preferred the Sun Times - not a subscription - as it WAS easier to read.

OLDGUY   Isn't that just the way it goes.  I would never think to check the outlet!!!   You are a pretty handy guy to have around.  I'm glad we know you   ;) ;)    WOW  that is some Catio!  He sounds like the "Walter Santi" guy.  ;) ;)

LANI   I'm surprised at those 2 people so close to Mama and her kids and Mama is looking at them :o :o      That is a very cool video.  Reminds me of the contortionist on America's Got Talent last night - He's about 6'3' and gets himself into the smallest of boxes!! - then unfolds himself right back out.

BL   You're good at maps  ;D
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #6236 on: July 17, 2024, 01:07:43 PM »

Lani - very cool video on butterflies, thanks.

My new favorite peach is labeled from Colorado...not in my local stores yet, but will be coming soon. Lunds/Byerlys. Colorado peaches. Found them last year and spoke with the produce guy. they are the best.

Bought some other ones just a day or two ago. We shall see.

BrokenLug

« Reply #6237 on: July 17, 2024, 02:11:47 PM »

Checked that out already BL.

70's during the day, no rain.  87 here yesterday and humid!

Problem might be the night - low 60s during my Whippy Do treat might require some warm jacket?  Or, instead of dinner, maybe have IC first.   ;D

P

Puff - Personally I would take a fleece jacket, possibly a shell layer (with a lite fleece ice cream glove) and eat ice cream before dinner with glee at the Whippy Dip in the evening in Decorah at this time of year.  LOL   ;)   :)   8)

Check out the younger ones checking out the lady sitting on the hot hood of the vintage Dodge.    :-*
U. S. A.

BrokenLug

« Reply #6238 on: July 17, 2024, 02:53:26 PM »

I checked the itinerary and start is at Iverson Bridge (12NE of Decorah) and ends at the  Upper Iowa Resort River Rentals. 

They are located off of Hyw76 bridge of the UIR (Dorcester).  about a 6 mile float.  Water depth of 8-10 ft.

Thank you OG.

I had to drill down on the ATF float on the UIR for this year as it's more to the NE of DE than in years past.

"The book Paddling in Iowa by Nate Hoogeveen recommends a minimum of 5.0 feet at Kendallville and 2.25-3.25 feet at Decorah for enjoyable trips".

https://water.noaa.gov/gauges/DEHI4 _ UIR @ Decorah at 2.76 ft as of last look.

It will be a beautiful float on that stretch of the UIR for sure come Friday weather wise if the water level holds above 2.5 ft. 

Enjoy this magical stretch of the UIR for those that partake.  :D
U. S. A.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6239 on: July 17, 2024, 06:37:40 PM »

PUFF   Safe drive tomorrow.  ;D
Chicagoland