Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 544365 times)

karengramke

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #6210 on: July 16, 2024, 09:44:30 AM »

Take care this morning Lisa!
Wow, the okd home town was rocking and rolling last night and not in a fun way!   Hope the clean up and power restoration goes smoothly!   I have great appreciation for  the powered company linemen!   Before storms, like hurricanes they head to staGing areas ready to move in as the storms pass!  Interesting to see many bucket trucks parked in an area!   When they cannot be staged, they are still ready to roll when called!  When we  had an outage several years ago, my power was  restored by Alabama power!  Gives a new perspective to Glen Campbell singing, I Was A lineman  for the  County!

Baz, I love that curly , wavy Red Hair!

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #6211 on: July 16, 2024, 11:02:54 AM »

Sloth TV update - Sweet Paul  :-*

We are thrilled to share that Paul's recovery journey is progressing wonderfully, showcasing his incredible resilience and strong desire to return to the wild where he belongs. His spirit and determination have been truly inspiring to everyone involved in his care.

Paul’s charred and torn skin is still being treated with a combination of antibiotics, regular antiseptic cleanings, and tilapia skin grafts. This innovative treatment not only facilitates blood flow to the wound site but also significantly reduces the risk of bacterial infection, promoting faster and more effective healing

His shoulder is healing well, and we are committed to taking him for daily exercises to help him regain his strength and mobility. These exercises are crucial in ensuring that Paul can eventually thrive in his natural habitat again.

Your generous donations are vital in providing Paul with the care and resources he needs. With your continued support, we can help Paul recover fully and return to the wild, where he truly belongs. Thank you for being a vital part of Paul's journey to recovery and freedom!

🐽 Meet TayTay! This little popstar arrived to us from Sarapiquí, Costa Rica after her mother was found dead. Tragically, the pair had been attacked by neighborhood dogs.
😢 Miraculously TayTay had escaped to a nearby tree and was unharmed, but this vulnerable newborn was only days old and had just survived the most traumatic ordeal of her life. We were unsure if she would survive.
💖 That was a few weeks ago and we are happy to report that TayTay is thriving under the care of our skilled Vets and Nursery Staff! She is still small, so we are closely monitoring her progress daily.

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Eagles4, Lisa, Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

We had another rainstorm yesterday, added 3/4 of an inch of rain to this week's total.  ;D
We're going to Pine today. Please take care everyone, be safe.  :-*

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

karengramke

« Reply #6212 on: July 16, 2024, 11:19:53 AM »

Thanks for the sloth report!  Such sweet looking babies! 👶

kbshcb

« Reply #6213 on: July 16, 2024, 12:12:07 PM »

I'm done for the day, since 4am.

Feeling almost caught up but inside house cleaning.

2 loads of laundry, picked up sticks everywhere, groceries, my plumber was here and fixed my outside spigot. I'm hitting my forehead how simple it was...and of course a box of wine. House is cool. Ollie walked and noticed a few fences still down etc...

I read this morning someone was on an airplane last night at Chicago O'hare airport and they were stuck on the runway and rode out the storm. All their cell phones dinged tornado in the area and the tower people left the tower so there was nothing they could do...I guess the plane rocked and rolled!
Scary.

Perhaps the lineman from Michigan that saved us can now head to Chicago!

I can't remember if we will hear from Lisa when she gets there. I think not as she last year posted stuff later on or when home? ...enjoy y'all.

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #6214 on: July 16, 2024, 12:18:26 PM »

Lani tks for sloth report---good news for 'Paul' and his recovery. Many amazing military and  wonderful civilian health care advances are now used in the animal world.   ;) :) :-* 
Safe drive to Pine--hope it's a 'fun' errand.

KB time to rest; scary  weather  for travel indeed

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6215 on: July 16, 2024, 02:59:19 PM »

PUFF   Thanks for the report from your neck of the woods.  I'll turn on the afternoon news at 4 to see if they have determined how many actual tornados there were.

PHYL  Thanks for Amy's blog - Lots of squeeing over that pelt.  Great screen shot at the Trempealeau nest.  White tailed eagle story - interesting.  Wonder how often that will happen in the wild.

LANI   Tilapia skin grafts  :o :o :o  I'll never look at tilapia the same way again.   Aww cute Tay Tay a survivor.

KB   Heard that O'Hare story at Bible study this afternoon.  Can you imagine!!!  LISA sent a text at 12:22.  She was sitting in the tree shade at the hatchery watching the geese the next tree over.  LOL  She sent a pic of the geese  ::)
Chicagoland

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6216 on: July 16, 2024, 06:48:25 PM »

Heard on our local news tonight that is was the first time in weather recording history that Chicago had 2 consecutive days with a tornado touchdown.  :o
Chicagoland

Puff

« Reply #6217 on: July 16, 2024, 07:38:42 PM »

I was outside working  :-\ most of the day tsk  I missed a lot of info/news.  Where were the two tornados?  I got a hard-to-believe reading on the rain gauge --  just a tad short of 4"?   Is that possible?

P

LisaG1967

« Reply #6218 on: July 16, 2024, 08:18:37 PM »

Hello Beakers

Popping in to say hi  :D

Puff, oldguy.....don't forget the Bug Soother...the gnats are BAD!  Cannot tell you how many I have swallowed, or went up my nose or in my eyes this afternoon.  Had to come back this evening and take a shower, cause I had the Bug soother caked on. 

tsk - Nothing much else to see at the hatchery, but the geese.  One BE flew over, couldn't tell who, and the osprey was was trying to fish the pond again.  I went Whippy Dip and got me a small twist.  Yummy!

kb - I read that story about the plane on tarmac.  I know they had to be scared, cause I was scared in the hotel room. 

Lani - Awww, thanks for the TRR update!  Hope you had a good day in Pine.

Karen - Yes, your old home town was rockin' and rollin'!

Phyl - Thank you!  Thanks for the RRP post.

BL - It has been a VERY nice day in DE, except for the bugs!

baz - Thanks for the kind words!  Aww, look at not so little Baby Bro!

karengramke

« Reply #6219 on: July 16, 2024, 09:35:32 PM »

Lisa, for a gal from the deep south, you sure seem content in Decorah!   Maybe you need to talk Jeff into a trip to assess for retirement!   Visit in the winter first!  Lol.  It is a pretty area!   E moy and have fun!

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #6220 on: July 17, 2024, 12:13:41 AM »

Phyl, thanks for RRP update... glad the TE eaglets have fledged so they don't have to put up with the terrible blackflies.

Kb, beautiful big kitty! I hope you get some rest after everything.

{{{Puff}}} 4" of rain!

Tsk, yummy ice cream sundaes!

{{{SED Karen and Piper}}}

{{{Lisa}}} take care from the gnats! Wishing you a good night's sleep and a fun tomorrow with no gnats.

Goodnight!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Clynn's sister Cathy, Aunt June, Aunt Linda and Mom, Clynn and Ed, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Tig, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Lisa, Jeff and Family, Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Etta, Denton eaglets and nest, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #6221 on: July 17, 2024, 06:05:45 AM »

Good Morning Everyone...!

Currently: 74F partly  sunny , High  97F sunny,  with  Low 74F

Hope everyone had a pleasant evening and a good night's rest.

CLynn I hope your sister Cathy, Aunt June, Aunt Linda and Mom have improved  and are well. You/Kelsey ... :)

Lisa  yep!   Watch out for the gnats.

Puff  4" of rain!

Lani I wish you took  'Good Night' pooch request. If you did...

Prayers for:  The family of Corey Comperatore and all those injured on July13, 2024 Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people.   'Little Gray' and 'Little One' ...All abandoned, abused , lost cats ... stray, unloved, homeless stray and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . As always, Beakers/families.

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6222 on: July 17, 2024, 06:31:30 AM »

PUFF   They are still investigating the total number of actual touchdowns.  I do not know the Chicago areas they are referring to.
Rain totals I'm sure varied from burb to burb.

LISA   Oh no gnats - Did you bring a mask?  Are you going to try and see Decorah nest 4 from the Walmart lot?  Nice to know your way to Whippy Dip.  I can still picture it  LOL

PHYL   Beautiful ornate gate.  Like the garden shovel signs.  ;)
Chicagoland

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #6223 on: July 17, 2024, 07:22:03 AM »

Fluffy, soft, moist and loaded with fresh peaches…Peach Fritters! These Delicious Fresh Peach Fritters come together quickly and fry up in about 3 minutes to a beautiful puffy golden brown.
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

Puff

« Reply #6224 on: July 17, 2024, 07:24:29 AM »

I long ago realized that local forecasting in such a big Chicago territory is not easy.  I've had a gauge and a routine for years (?) now.  It's nice that I compare your readings tsk with mine.  I haven't seen any stat any where for Monday.  As of last night I still have signs though - grass water logged, puddled water on sidewalks, driveway, street??  Beats me.  I agree with everyone, 4 " surprising and unusual.   

Another strange and unique event - coming in afterward of yard cleanup, I went looking for my paper.  Usually tossed about 5 am.  No paper; maybe it blew or floated away.  Nothing!  No paper?.  And then when I got in I checked out a huge collection of mail on puter.  Son-of-a gun.  Post from Tribune cleared it all up.  I will be given 2 editions today, Tues and Wed.  People, electric, and transportation kinda messed things up.

Never have I not had my paper! that I remember.  Long ago, long time subscriber of the SunTimes, about 10? years ago they stopped publishing.  Had to switch to the Trib.  Both papers though were always waiting outside when I left about  6 am for the city.  But I had to follow my drill.  Snow, rain, temp, holidays, always had my paper.  It might be late, but it was always here.  (Good thing was it did start me following the other side of issues because of their editorial bias/slant.  But knowing both sides of any issue made me wiser.)

BTW Regarding all the prodding of the ice cream pics, believe it or not, made me schedule my very first visit to Whippy.  Really!  Passed it many times alone in the last 12 years with the meetings/discussions held at Luther college.  Seriously, we never stopped, never went back.  Lisa is already one up on me for '24.  Night temps are getting low, I'll have to make it for lunch.   ::)  ::)  ::)  ::)  ::)

P