Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 599989 times)

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #5940 on: July 05, 2024, 02:55:04 PM »

some bounce

Yeah, not so happy about needing to clean fireworks remnants from our yard and fixing a broken picket fence piece.  >:(
Oh, well. Could have been worse.

Way too many spam phone calls to the home phone today. They must think folks are home from work? And we also both got spam texts from "the Post Office". Grr.

Anyway...
Life is good. Talons crossed.
BBL
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

kbshcb

« Reply #5941 on: July 05, 2024, 03:18:38 PM »

some bounce

Yeah, not so happy about needing to clean fireworks remnants from our yard and fixing a broken picket fence piece.  >:(
Oh, well. Could have been worse.

Way too many spam phone calls to the home phone today. They must think folks are home from work? And we also both got spam texts from "the Post Office". Grr.

Anyway...
Life is good. Talons crossed.
BBL

I had to break down and purchase robokiller....I'm glad i did. They only allow calls to come in from your contact list. I was getting 6 plus calls per day from the fraudulent feeding our future folks..this year.

6 bucks a month....but, worth it for my sanity.....blocking them didn't work. They just run a different number but same folks.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5942 on: July 05, 2024, 04:14:58 PM »

KB  Not too bad here.  One neighbor down the block had some big ones but nothing after midnight that I was awake for.  You never know what Ollie might have eaten outside.  Glad it has passed.  Well worth the cost for you.  Do you then pick up messages left on your voice mail?

LISA  That was patriotic Lulu  LOL

TIG  We had a neighbor - who has since moved about 3 years ago - but I had the same thing - Took awhile to clean up the backyard from his mess.  Coincidentally I had my first spam text from the Ill tollway system this AM saying we need to pay so much in missed tolls and if not pay another large penalty .  NOT
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #5943 on: July 05, 2024, 04:50:38 PM »

KB  Not too bad here.  One neighbor down the block had some big ones but nothing after midnight that I was awake for.  You never know what Ollie might have eaten outside.  Glad it has passed.  Well worth the cost for you.  Do you then pick up messages left on your voice mail?

LISA  That was patriotic Lulu  LOL

TIG  We had a neighbor - who has since moved about 3 years ago - but I had the same thing - Took awhile to clean up the backyard from his mess.  Coincidentally I had my first spam text from the Ill tollway system this AM saying we need to pay so much in missed tolls and if not pay another large penalty .  NOT

robokiller only lets voice mails through that are in my contact list. So, yes one can leave a message and they ask if this is real or not..

I forgot to mention when I signed up we picked over 10 responses robokiller offers more that are so funny. When the spammers answer they get spammed in other words...they haven't called now in several months.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2024, 05:57:31 PM by kbshcb »

kbshcb

« Reply #5944 on: July 05, 2024, 05:16:18 PM »

tig - out of control miscreants are everywhere...

My fence now has been broken 5 times by same neighbor.

I'm breaking down and having Andrew put about 4  more boulders along it this fall...

karengramke

« Reply #5945 on: July 05, 2024, 05:50:43 PM »

Lani, maybe Mike should postpone his  Sunday trip to Houston!  Been listening to Noaa reports on the weather channel and the announcers are giving warnings of a Monday landfall.  Say hurricane but not the strength!  They get excited when storms reach the .uS so who knows!  I am sure Mike is aware and plotting his next move! He might want to let her settle her skirts before  traveling
Lani, thus afternoon there was mention of Louisiana and I thought Beryl must be stalking your friends! Hope your ribeyes were good tomight!

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #5946 on: July 05, 2024, 07:05:43 PM »

The neighbors shot the fireworks off in the street in front of the house.  Haven't looked at the mess and not gonna to either.

Tsk now why wouldn't I have had a fun July 4th?  ;D;  LOL     Maggie lounged while the fireworks were blasting didn't phase her one iota. Lulu cute looking out the storm door.  That part of your house is just as I imagined.
Chachalaca this is how I say it. LOL
Check this out: https://www.google.com/search?q=how+is+chachalaca+pronounced&rlz=1C1GCEA_enUS832US832&oq=how+is+Chachalaca&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUqCggBEAAYDxgWGB4yBggAEEUYOTIKCAEQABgPGBYYHjINCAIQABiGAxiABBiKBTIKCAMQABiABBiiBDIKCAQQABiABBiiBNIBCDc2NzNqMGo3qAIIsAIB&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Karen bakery is a vintage shop in Paris.  This AM I sat  in the garden and had a croissant avec du beurre et de la confiture, dis.;   Still struggling to remain that Energizer Bunny  ;D   Well that shoots it w/ nanagoats Jim may
cut back on them.

Lori RTH  y/w

Puff  :)

Lani
I'll give you our 90F w/T storms for the 104F/114F   as  still I miss home always will, suppose.  Hope you didn't over do.
  Black Lab is allwound up---LOL   Would Beryl be out to sea by time Mike leaves for Houston?  Hope all will be well.

TIG think everyone has been getting those ROBO calls and such. I have a really cool ringtone so I just let it ring and enjoy the music. LOL

Prayers on going for those in  Hurricane  Beryl's path

Good Night Everyone...    sleep well.

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #5947 on: July 05, 2024, 10:19:54 PM »

Happy Friday Night, Beakers!

I'm glad everyone survived their neighborhood revelers and fireworks. My neighborhood was unusually quiet last night - a welcome change from previous years on the 4th.

Lani, ugh on those killer hot temps in your region. Glad you have your elevation and the pine forest to mitigate it a bit. My town's official high temp today was 95, with a "feels like" heat index temp of 110, no thanks to the dew point and humidity. Air you can wear, as we say.

TSK, aww, I love that pic of pretty Lulu enjoying her great view out your door, maybe watching intently for any leaf or litter to move along your front walk, signaling some small critter to track.  :-* Your entrance hall is very pretty.

Karen, LOL, I sometimes claim that I'm the last of the great procrastinators.  ;)  I want some of your next batch of red bliss potato salad!

Phyl, glad to see the pretty juvie RTH visiting back at its nest balcony railing. A juvie/fledgling Red-Shouldered Hawk has been spending some time in the trees around my townhouse the last few days, and was looking pretty while perched on the fence post near the pond, watching for a meal, no doubt. The regular nesting Mourning Dove pair, Lovey and Dovey, have been scarce as a result!

Clynn, it will be fun to go through those family pics with your mom.

Lisa, you will have a fun time catching up with old friends and new in Decorah at ATF! And a visit with TSK along the way this year, too?

Waving to All the Beakers!  :)

My 4 twin greats and their dad and my sister were on vacay this past week on one of the barrier islands in SC. A good time was had by all.   ;)

« Last Edit: July 09, 2024, 04:51:13 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #5948 on: July 05, 2024, 10:24:12 PM »

And my Littlest Greatniece and her Baby Bro had fun at their neighborhood 4th of July Parade.  :)

« Last Edit: July 09, 2024, 04:51:44 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #5949 on: July 05, 2024, 11:29:52 PM »

A lovely 'pastoral' view from Decorah Eagles just now this morning

beautiful pic.  ;D
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #5950 on: July 06, 2024, 12:52:40 AM »

Clynn, pretty morning pics..... it will be fun going through your grandmother's box of letters and pictures.  :-* ... Love the Hellgate family pics and DN eaglets, especially when Finn is sitting on the perch and watching over his family.... And the DN siblings are inseparable.  :-*

Phyl, thanks for the update on the young Red Tail Hawks. Thanks for introducing the Gray-headed Chachalacas to us, sweet family. The fruit flies was disturbing, I was itching while watching the video... LOL! ... I want that beautiful houseboat.  :-*

Lisa, I'm looking forward to hearing your ATF stories and seeing your pics.  :-*

Tsk, Mike is not allowed to do long driving trips. Remember a year ago or longer he fell on his drive to Louisiana. He ended up in Urgent Care...  awww Lulu, she's a beauty....  Sweet pic...   ;D ... we get calls about needing to pay back taxes. Which of course isn't true.

{{{Lori and Destini}}} sending hugs and prayers for you and family.  :-*

Karen, The ribeyes were delicious.... my mother's potato salad has t. of yellow mustard, no matter how much potato and mayo. There's no recipe just by memory. We've made her potato salad since I was little. ... Mike just realized the storm will hit Houston the day he arrives.... He has to go, there are others flying into Houston at the same time for a meeting. We'll see if they decide against it by Sunday.

Puff, prayers for your friends and all in harm's way of Beryl.  :(

Kb, I hope {{{Ollie Man}}} is feeling better... I'll check on Robokiller app.... I hate it when they call from different numbers. I can recognize their voices.  ::)

Tig, lots of good tennis today.... We've been getting a lot of spam calls too. I just ignore now.

{{{Baz}}} ugh, your humidity  :-\ ... beautiful sunset pic with your greats!.... huge horseshoe crab with your great nephew! I wonder how old it is... Adorable 4th of July pics with Lil Punkin and her Bro. Gorgeous red hair! ... sweet look of Lil Punkin in top pic.  ;D

Good night, the first night in a forever home for this pup!  :-*

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Clynn's Aunt June, Linda and Mom, Clynn and Ed, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Tig, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Lisa, Jeff and Family, Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Denton eaglets and nest, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Puff

« Reply #5951 on: July 06, 2024, 05:52:38 AM »

Puff, nice to have the wikdlife inBarrington abd on the north shore.  I wonder if they have been forced to leave their homes elsewhere or if this is a result of an increasing population! .lani, that black lab puppy looks like a large Piper!  She has no lab in her!  You have a lot if energy!  Stay cool!
Puff, I read, yesterday that the banana and plantain crops have been heavily damaged on one if the islands!   Think it might have. Been one of the Caymans.

KG

The fella I met coming home on the plane was actually the overseer of a banana plantation in Guatemala.  Wife was a teacher.  Overall, a very interesting conversation/flight.  Love that aspect of traveling, meeting new ideas and people under unique/different lifestyles.

P

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #5952 on: July 06, 2024, 06:12:32 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!  CATURDAY!

Lani, Kelsey and I will be leaving a week from today for Mom's! Sad news last night, my Aunt June, who has not been feeling well since last fall has lung, colon and spinal cancer. She has been fighting what the doctor thought was long covid, then in the last month her back started bothering her. She fell Thursday and called her son to take her to the hospital. She is in Hospice now, would you please add her to your prayer list? Her husband, my uncle Kenny, passed away 2 years ago, they were farmers.  I do hope Mike's company postpones the meeting for a bit, but I am sure they will know if it will be safe or not. No company would put their best people at risk! Glad you had a good Fourth with Aly and Charlie! (Did I get that right?). Awww, happy for that sweet pup, he's home!  Is Aly getting the ultra hot weather that Becky is?

baz, great pics of the kids, they are all growing like weeds! Lil' Punkin and Bella will be in First Grade this Fall!

Phyl, we had a gorgeous day yesterday, 74 and a nice breeze! High will be 85 today, rain this evening. Sister Becky in Corvallis, OR is on Day 2 of a 5-Day spree of temps over 100. Today it will be 103. Their normal temp is in the high 60's. low 70's. Ugn!  I am like you, no affection for fireworks! The majority of the robocalls we get are from some Medicare company, wanting me to switch to their advantage plan. They call often, and what irks me is that a lot of them are recordings. You can't yell at them! Love, love, love that house boat!

tsk, now that's a new one, you haven't paid your tolls! We don't have any toll roads around here, but I have had the iRS one. Back taxes, a warrant for my arrest that they can make disappear if I send them $1000. I wonder how many people have sent the money.

Lisa, the area all around Decorah is very pretty, love the area around the hatchery. Just thought of something, did Mom and DM2 leave the hatchery area the same year the Maple tree was taken down? The ATF is almost here!

Hellgate - Nose to nose!

Decorah North - Last evening, always together!- S Diehm

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Phyl

« Reply #5953 on: July 06, 2024, 07:17:16 AM »

Good Morning Everyone...Happy Caturday !

Currently: 73F  mostly cloudy , High  90F  mostly  sunny,  with  Low 71F

I have two ringtones for calls---Jim , family, doctors and the like are one and all else are  as I said earlier, a really cool tune that I love
to hear over and over when I hear that tone play I never answer, I just let it play.

Lani  always a celebration when a kitty  or pooch gets a 'furever' home

CLynn tks for the nests up dates, 'nose to nose' so cute; DNN kids  will be close for a long time I think; Happy Caturday

{{{Puff/friends}}} prayers

Baz; wonderful family photos  ;)  ---   humidity, hate those days I'll  take the dry desert heat anytime

{{{OllieMan}}}

{{{Lori and Destini}}}

Prayers for:  The Beakroom and Cheers.; Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. 
 'Little Gray' and 'Little One' ...All abandoned, abused , lost cats ... stray, unloved, homeless stray and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere .

It's all about the cats...big, small and in between

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #5954 on: July 06, 2024, 07:18:56 AM »

Sauces bald eagle cam