Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 544227 times)

kbshcb

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #5475 on: June 17, 2024, 06:54:04 AM »

https://youtu.be/tiGag5emLJg

Steven Wright....a master of the one liners....good clean fun too. Close kin to Dad jokes.

oldguy - great video on the Michipecoten...thanks.

Clynn - thanks.

clynn and phyl - good videos of the Decorah North nest..nice to see them both safe on the ground.
Boy a close call if either or both were on the nest at the time it fell with the possibility of them getting caught up in it somehow.

Rain rain rain....enough already!.....no driveway sealed today that's for sure. we are in a flood watch now.

A wallaroo....

Puff

« Reply #5476 on: June 17, 2024, 07:53:32 AM »

I did a check up at the Trempealeau nest this morning.  I wonder what the rest of the tree looks likes.  What we see bears a close image to North Nest.  Is  it also as bare as NN?  Has anyone been there to personally have a description of the state of that tree.

I see today, too, that T1 is really trying out their wings.  Should be our next up-close-and-personal watch of another fledge.

P

LisaG1967

« Reply #5477 on: June 17, 2024, 08:15:27 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

Last night I made a post, and said good night.  I am not seeing it here this morning...odd. 

tsk - Happy to bring the DNN news to the Beak.   :)  Good luck at ENT!

karen - I saw your comment on Facebook, and Misty says, NO!  ;D ;D ;D

tig - How cool for your Bro & SIL!

eburg - Flyway air show from CamOp was the next best thing, then being there!

oldguy - Sorry you have not had any rains, hopefully you will get some soon. Thanks for all the videos.

Phyl - Thanks for link about, Man Who Inspired Father’s Day.

E4E - DNF delivered a fish early this morning to DN18 on nest branch.  All seems good in the North.

Lani - You're welcome  :)  The pizza crust got a lil crispy on the grill, but still yummy.  ;D

clynn - Love the orange bicycle in morning pic.  Oh, Burgess Falls State Park, beautiful.  Thanks for Hellgate info.

Puff - Morning  :D

kb - Sorry about no driveway sealing this morning.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #5478 on: June 17, 2024, 08:47:24 AM »

some bounce
Rain... better than the alternative  ::)
A couple of Camper's children came to take him to dinner last night.... all last minute. I quickly searched the website and selected a healthy dinner. When we got there it was discovered the restaurant was closed for the night! We went across the street to a burger joint. Luckily, they had the same thing I had selected... a turkey club wrap. It was more difficult to ignore the malts, but I just had water. Phew. A good time was had.

Thanx E4E... I miss my Dad. Have a wonderful time "up north"

TTFN
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #5479 on: June 17, 2024, 10:43:17 AM »

A bit earlier, Camera Time:  7:01 AM I peeked in  on Decorah North Eagles, DN17 and 18
and took a series of snaps...

Doing the Mantle...

Doing the Mantle..

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #5480 on: June 17, 2024, 10:44:38 AM »

A Second Osprey Nestling Hatches At Hellgate Nest! – June 17, 2024
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqzS6tCd--c

Who do we have here? Iris and Finnegan's second chick hatched overnight at the Hellgate Osprey nest after 36 days of incubation! Get the first peek at the chick over the nest railing in this clip from the morning of June 17.

And then there were two! :-*

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Lisa, Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Eagles, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

« Reply #5481 on: June 17, 2024, 10:57:08 AM »

KB wow! You got one...Common Wallaroo.  :)    LOL Steven Wright; Yikes flood watch.

TIG glad your dinner out went well---a malt, esp chocolate would be difficult for me to resist. Kudos

LANI tks for Hellgate Osprey update/photo. More congrats to Iris and Finn.

Keep cool gang...

Sauces bald eagle cam

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5482 on: June 17, 2024, 12:02:07 PM »

KB  The crazed mind of Steven Wright  ;D

LISA  Cheerful AM pic  :)

PHYL  Thanks for the AM snaps of North kids

LANI  Thanks for update on Iris and Flynn's new kid  ;D
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #5483 on: June 17, 2024, 12:45:53 PM »

tsk - Thanks!  How did the ENT go?

Lani - Congrats to Iris and Finn on hatch #2!!! 

Phyl - DNN kids are like, what nest?  We love this pasture!  ;D ;D

tig - Glad that you all found another place to eat last night.  Ooo, a malt would be hard for me to pass up too.

karengramke

« Reply #5484 on: June 17, 2024, 01:03:13 PM »

Good after noon!  We have missed all the rain in this area for weeks! Temps in the low to mid nineties untila week from .Tuesday!  Then some 80’s for a few days!  Low
Pressure in the gulf but it is not expected to do much as it forms!  Maybe some rain but no serious tropical storms!  In the meantime, the sprinkler system is working!

Lisa, I think Misty would live that little kitty!  So sweet looking!   Post her picture here!  Black and grey tiger tail and white and grey  on her body and face!  Think she is a relative!

Raining at Hellgate in
Fin on the perch, on guard!  Iris doing her mombrella act, brooding the litt ones!

Been thru that part of Tn, many times and love the scenery from there throughout out Eastern ,tn and  western  NC.  Unfortunately I did not have any water craft to access those wonderful Burgess Falls!   Phyl, how did you view them! 
Bl, you will have to arrange a tour for the  beakers in the Pickle!   Maybe Puff will help!
Clynn, love the look of the building and orange bike.
  Where is it?  Central Europe I imagine but not familiar with the writing!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2024, 08:30:08 PM by karengramke »

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #5485 on: June 17, 2024, 01:07:03 PM »

Lani, Hooray!  And then there were two!

Phyl, it's so good to see that the North kids are together! They both look fine! I am just so glad the old tree held on to the nest as long as it could, and after both had fledged. It will be different now, we are all used to seeing them coming back to the nest and screaming for food! Hope they stay close where the camera can see them now and then!

Lisa, thanks for reporting that a fish was delivered to DN18! Mom & Dad North will take good care of them I am sure!

karen, I googled the words, it's a restaurant in Turkey.

Hellgate Canyon- Jenny Powell - Finn is a great provider!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #5486 on: June 17, 2024, 02:43:29 PM »

Sue Bruhling - Debbie got a picture of DN17 with a Fish perched on one of the Nest Tree Branches!  So Don't worry! Mr. North and DNF are making sure they are getting food! They also will teach them a lot of things that they will take with them and use their whole lifetime now that they have fledged! 🙂
Decorah North Eagles - June 17, 2024Thank You! Debbie Botelho for sharing your update and Picture with us! ❤

Decorah North Nest - What's happened to my nest?? One of the Eagles came in this morning to check on the nest❤🦅

Susan Butler
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5487 on: June 17, 2024, 06:03:32 PM »

We broke a temperature record today with a high of 97!!

LISA  My ( and Tim's regular ENT group at our hospital up and left and all parted to different locations - none close.)  Found this group on a local FB page and this group was highly recommended - Took 2 months to get appt ( but they moved to a different location as part of that time)  I have to have wax removed from my narrow ear canals once a year.  Asked also about allergies and tinnitus.  Very pleased - funny guy!

CLYNN  Funny look on juvie " what the heck" at the destroyed nest.  These kids will be street smart before their time!!
Chicagoland

Phyl

« Reply #5488 on: June 17, 2024, 07:06:01 PM »

TSK not too bad report from ENT?.  FNC's weather Janice Dean did say the entire Midwest will get a heat wave . So far down South is
normal season. But, even that may change. Stay cool and inside  and for you Clynn

KAREN  'Hi'

CLYNN tks for sharing Sue's post and  Debbie's photos; tks for sharing  Hellgate Canyon nest/jenny 's photo, all  looks great! And those two chicks my word.  :-* :-*

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #5489 on: June 17, 2024, 07:06:26 PM »

Cane Ridge Bluebirds, Cane Ridge, Tennessee June 2024
2nd clutch (May) fledglings two weeks after 'flight school'.

Dad and CR #71 6-10-24 4:27 PM

Cane Ridge Bluebirds, Cane Ridge, Tennessee June 2024
2nd clutch (May) fledglings two weeks after 'flight school'.

CR#69 on feeder pole 6-10-4:28 pm

Sauces bald eagle cam