Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 603098 times)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #4440 on: May 14, 2024, 10:41:43 AM »

{{{Lisa and Bradley}}} I'm very sorry, sending you both prayers for comfort and safe travels. And prayers for the sweetest {{{ Miss Fisher's favorite fan and Lisa's mama and loving family}}}

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #4441 on: May 14, 2024, 11:06:16 AM »

Sloth TV
OOPSEY! Squirrels can make this look so easy! :P :-*

Wyatt - Tongue out Tuesday!  ;D

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Eagles, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #4442 on: May 14, 2024, 11:41:52 AM »

LANI   Hope you are feeling better today?    OOPSEY   LOLOL   Tongue out Tues  LOL  Love the name Wyatt.  ;D

LISA

Chicagoland

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #4443 on: May 14, 2024, 11:57:26 AM »

LISA,

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Lani

« Reply #4444 on: May 14, 2024, 12:04:31 PM »

Happy birthday Kb!

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #4445 on: May 14, 2024, 03:26:53 PM »

(((LISA))), I'm just now getting into Forum since I posted yesterday afternoon, and so I am just now seeing about your Mama's fall and the updates you have posted here. I am just so concerned, of course, and sending out my prayers for your Mama, and also for you and Bradley for safe travels (I know severe weather has been forecasted for that area for today, and I know you will be careful.) - and also for all your family, for comfort as you all wait for doctors to get more test results and further information on your Mama's condition. Hugs, and more hugs.  :-*

« Last Edit: May 14, 2024, 03:37:44 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #4446 on: May 14, 2024, 03:35:44 PM »

((LANI))

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #4447 on: May 14, 2024, 03:52:05 PM »

KB, enjoy your Birthday!! And...  Eat cake!!   :D

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #4448 on: May 14, 2024, 04:01:35 PM »

Happy Birthday Kb!

Lani

« Reply #4449 on: May 14, 2024, 04:06:22 PM »

10:48, 5/14 Iris chooses to use her strong beak to lift off with the fish. She must have switched mid-air to her foot because she landed on the Owl Pole with fish in talon. She stays a bit but flies again mostly likely to her favorite perch.

A message from Dr. Greene on naming NG.

Hello everyone!

What an exciting spring this has been for Iris at the Hellgate nest!  It seemed like there would be a repeat of the previous four breeding seasons, with Iris mating with Louis, laying eggs, but since she did not have any help, she eventually got so hungry she had to leave the eggs unprotected to go catch a fish.  Almost instantly ravens swooped in and ate the eggs.
But "NEW GUY" - an unattached male showed up, courted Iris and she accepted him.  They quickly formed what is looking like a very strong pair bond.  But when Iris laid her first egg of the season, NEW GUY quickly threw it out of the nest.  (More on that interesting behavior later!). 
Before giving a proper name to NEW GUY, we wanted to wait to make sure that he was going to be a dedicated mate.  After Iris laid her second and third eggs, NEW GUY has turned into a wonderful partner for Iris - bringing in lots of fish, giving her breaks to go off on her own, incubating, and bringing in sticks and softer material for lining the nest.
So now we need your help giving NEW GUY a better name!  We have come up with a short list of names that seem appropriate.  If you are interested, please follow this link for more information on the names and cast your vote!

https://hubs.la/Q02w-QMz0

We will close the voting in one week, on Monday, 20 May 2024 at midnight (Hellgate nest time).  We will announce NEW GUY'S official name the next day, on Tuesday, 21 May 2024!
Thanks!  Erick Greene and the Hellgate Osprey Team!

NG  :-*

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #4450 on: May 14, 2024, 04:18:41 PM »

Direct message from Lisa:

"Can you please update the Beak?  This is what I know so far from brother throughout the day while driving.  They said mama had a heart attack and a pulmonary embolism in her lungs which caused all of this.  The doctors know I am on the way but won't be there till tomorrow and they are saying it's getting harder on her body to keep resuscitating her.  I told Brien if they have to let her go I would rather her go in peace"

Next note  "The rain has been horrible.  The whole way we are only in North Carolina.  We're gonna try to get on the other side of Atlanta and spend the night there.  That's only about four hours if we get up early in the morning and leave to head there.  She is in ICU so only certain visiting hours."
Chicagoland

oldguy

« Reply #4451 on: May 14, 2024, 04:20:42 PM »

Happy Birthday KB

This floral birthday cake may look good enough to eat, but don't—it's actually crafted from fresh flowers such as mini carnations and poms!

So eat this instead... The flowers on this are edible
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #4452 on: May 14, 2024, 04:23:39 PM »

LANI   Thanks for Dr Greene's  report.  He's really excited  ;D  I voted for Finnegan in the naming contest but all were good! LOL   I've got to watch the nest for a while and notice how pale NG is.  I hadn't noticed that yet.

OLDGUY   Cool greeting for KB  ;D
Chicagoland

Lani

« Reply #4453 on: May 14, 2024, 05:00:00 PM »

Direct message from Lisa:

"Can you please update the Beak?  This is what I know so far from brother throughout the day while driving.  They said mama had a heart attack and a pulmonary embolism in her lungs which caused all of this.  The doctors know I am on the way but won't be there till tomorrow and they are saying it's getting harder on her body to keep resuscitating her.  I told Brien if they have to let her go I would rather her go in peace"

Next note  "The rain has been horrible.  The whole way we are only in North Carolina.  We're gonna try to get on the other side of Atlanta and spend the night there.  That's only about four hours if we get up early in the morning and leave to head there.  She is in ICU so only certain visiting hours."

Thank you Tsk,

Lisa and Bradley I'm so sorry, sending prayers.... 🙏

« Last Edit: May 14, 2024, 05:05:23 PM by Lani »

Lani

« Reply #4454 on: May 14, 2024, 05:02:30 PM »

LANI   Thanks for Dr Greene's  report.  He's really excited  ;D  I voted for Finnegan in the naming contest but all were good! LOL   I've got to watch the nest for a while and notice how pale NG is.  I hadn't noticed that yet.

OLDGUY   Cool greeting for KB  ;D

Tsk, I voted for Finnegan too. He looks like a Finnegan!  ;D

Oldguy, beautiful cake for Kb, and so delicious!  :)