Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 165630 times)

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #4320 on: May 11, 2024, 06:06:17 AM »

Good Morning Beakers! It's CATURDAY!

Phyl, another beautiful sunrise at the Flyway!

Lani, good to hear that Mike will be home for a couple of weeks, hope he gets a good rest! Hugs to you and the Furkids! Hope you had a good dinner with Shannon, how is she doing? Great Simon!

kb, I don't get inspiration from the man diving into the water, I was scared for him! Glad someone was out there to get him back in... he was not very steady! Which goes with being 106! He is very brave, not me...  ;D

Lisa, your Mom is an optimist and can't sit still! I am sure she is the first one out after the siren stops! Some people just can't sit still!

baz, glad you were able to get a walk in, sounds like your knee did well! I'll have a rum & coke, well, actually rum and pepsi...  ;D

Norwich Peregrines

Hellgate - Iris!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #4321 on: May 11, 2024, 06:07:08 AM »

Good Morning Y’all. 

Happy Caturday !

Currently: 51F sunny;    High  76F  mostly sunny,  Low 51F

LANI- hopefully Mike will get some rest over the weekend before his Ohio trip in 2 wks

BAZ  tks for   colorful TGIF drinks. Don't see my fave  :(

CLYNN  tks for Yellowstone update;  interesting  jar garden.; awesome photo of Route 66

{{{EAGLES}}} take care

TIG  tks for update on our Eagles... sorry 'bout the game.

TSK your trip to the botanical garden-sounds like you two had fun-- Wow! lot of plants  have fun planting and potting

{{{KAREN/PIPER}}} hopefully you two made it thru the storms ;the injection helps you feel better

LISA- safely over 'the bridge'  ;)  ; glad your mama is doing well and  easily braves the weather

With all the Solar  electromagnetic activity, due to CMEs, spent some time last night watching the resulting Aurora visibility over the Charlo, Montana nest . Wonder what the ospreys thought about it? LOL   Doubt they even noticed   

Dina, Sauces nest Channel Islands, California   5-19-21

Prayers for: Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. Laken Riley, all those like her and family .  'Little Gray' and 'Little One' ...All abandoned, abused , lost cats ... stray, unloved, homeless stray and feral cats; The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #4322 on: May 11, 2024, 06:10:27 AM »

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #4323 on: May 11, 2024, 06:11:22 AM »

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #4324 on: May 11, 2024, 06:12:40 AM »

Live from the Pallas Cat Den
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHlP4uuC8CY

Started streaming on May 9, 2024  NORDENS ARK
On April 9th, four little Pallas’s cat kittens were born at Nordens Ark. The cubs born blind are initially totally dependent on their mother and stay in the den. It will take some weeks before they’ll start to explore the enclosure. But for now, you can follow life in the den via live camera.

Nordens Ark is a non-profit organisation who works to ensure a future for endangered species

#IstandwithEvan

kbshcb

« Reply #4325 on: May 11, 2024, 07:14:17 AM »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1788329353874411552

OMG, this is so dang sweet....

Happy Saturday all.

Beautiful day here, unfortunately, I have to shop for food, LOL..

Clynn - for me if I was 106 and wanted to jump in the water, I would want my children to support me in that.

The son does say, it's up to you Dad and they were all totally there for him.

Reminds me of my grandma who took a hot air balloon ride on her 90th birthday. Supported and paid for by her children as she wanted that.

Whatever you want Grandpa or Grandma if you live to be 106!

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #4326 on: May 11, 2024, 08:06:44 AM »

GOOD CATURDAY MORNING EVERYONE

BAZI   " Things that matter most..."   :)  Thanks for all the Friday night libations.   ;D   Stay safe.

LISA  Mama is something else.  Glad you are her weather forecaster!! Jeff's uncle - WOW  At least he wasn't in the boat! or that the tree didn't fall on his roof..

LANI   Will that be a Mother's day dinner with Shannon?  ;) ;)  Mike's two week break will be appreciated... :-*

KB   OH my.  I held my breath with Grandpa's dive   :o  I hope he asked to do it...  Everyone of God's creatures is precious.  Sweet bee story.  God bless them.  Grandma took a hot air balloon ride at 90 - Cool.

PHYL  Another brilliant flyway sunrise.  8)  Yellow bellied ringer just chillin'  ;)   Love the cat cartoon - "treat bag shaking" .  Pallas cat den - Where are all the hours in a day to enjoy these?

CLYNN   Heart of cats - Love it.

Chicagoland

Puff

« Reply #4327 on: May 11, 2024, 08:20:47 AM »

Good Morning Y’all. 

Happy Caturday !

Currently: 51F sunny;    High  76F  mostly sunny,  Low 51F

LANI- hopefully Mike will get some rest over the weekend before his Ohio trip in 2 wks

BAZ  tks for   colorful TGIF drinks. Don't see my fave  :(

CLYNN  tks for Yellowstone update;  interesting  jar garden.; awesome photo of Route 66

{{{EAGLES}}} take care

TIG  tks for update on our Eagles... sorry 'bout the game.

TSK your trip to the botanical garden-sounds like you two had fun-- Wow! lot of plants  have fun planting and potting

{{{KAREN/PIPER}}} hopefully you two made it thru the storms ;the injection helps you feel better

LISA- safely over 'the bridge'  ;)  ; glad your mama is doing well and  easily braves the weather

With all the Solar  electromagnetic activity, due to CMEs, spent some time last night watching the resulting Aurora visibility over the Charlo, Montana nest . Wonder what the ospreys thought about it? LOL   Doubt they even noticed   

Dina, Sauces nest Channel Islands, California   5-19-21

Prayers for: Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. Laken Riley, all those like her and family .  'Little Gray' and 'Little One' ...All abandoned, abused , lost cats ... stray, unloved, homeless stray and feral cats; The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.

Phyl  A massage made in heaven, so cute.  Total bliss!

P

Puff

« Reply #4328 on: May 11, 2024, 10:45:08 AM »

tsk - In answer to your question yesterday about the city's rule on my parkway landscaping. . . It was put in about 1980; the ordinance was written/passed about 75/76.  What the new rule didn't specify was when the rule apply to; i.e. when the rule was in effect, wasn't mentioned that I purchased under 1971 ordinances.  It wasn't applicable post purchase.  They than in 1976 modified the ordinance to "property purchased from 1976 forward" that would be valid.

Two caveats, however, modified that.  In case of a drainage problem, if the work disturbed existing sewers/landscaping/or my design, the city would not be liable for restoring except as they deemed necessary.  The other exception/condition was related to my mailbox.  One winter, while our street was being cleared of a deep snow.  They, the city, being caretakers of the city streets, used a city backhoe to plow, lift back, and toss the mailbox.   :o   They took responsibility and repaired/fixed it.  And then for the following winter they instituted a limit on their liability.  I believe it is now $200 for all in the city work.  The mailbox has been "taken out, taken down" down now 4 times.  No, others have accidentally damaged it (postal delivery truck, young girl backing down street in a hissy fit, and last time pickup truck doing a 3-point turnaround.   BTW last year, was $860.  There is no reasonable reason that it should/can be over-looked.  It stands the typical 5 feet, all black brick with white cement and a white cap.  And it has front and back opaque white panels with lighting from the inside at night.  Very hard to not spot.  Twice the "battery of the box" was done at night! 

Phyl I, too, found that hanging chandelier/planter nicely done and ingenious.

P             

LisaG1967

« Reply #4329 on: May 11, 2024, 10:55:40 AM »

Good Morning Beakers....Happy Caturday!

kb - Aww, the 106 yr old!

tig - Thanks for the info on bridge.  It is a nice day here today.

Lani - Miss Fisher's favorite fan...there is no stopping her!  She just told me yesterday, that she needed something else to do, since her lil work from home job was getting slow.  She has decided to do Door Dash and Uber Eats.  My brother and SIL said, she is not allowed to do it at night, only the day.

clynn - You are right, Mama cannot sit still.  Love the pic of the heart shaped kitties. Great pic of Iris and the Norwich peregrines! 

Phyl - Thanks  :)  Is Jim still feeling ok? LOL, the kitty funny!

tsk - She is something else!   ;D

Puff, Karen and all
- Morning  :)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #4330 on: May 11, 2024, 11:18:33 AM »

Happy Caturday Beakers! We're getting down for Oldguy's game night!  8)
Morning Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Eagles, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Phyl, beautiful sunrise on the Flyaway! Love the Caturday gif life is so good :-* .... I agree with the 3 reasons! LOL!! ... Life is good for the little Yellow-bellied ringer  8) ... oh my, Pallas cats cam  ;D

Clynn, Shannon's fine, very busy, we're glad she could come for a quick visit..... sweet Peregrine family  :-* and there's our Iris "BeAnIris!"  :-*

Kb, I read that sweet bumble bee story a couple of days ago, I'm so glad you posted it. Phyl will love it.

Tsk, Mike will be working from home for the next two weeks, which will be good for him.... yesterday was Shannon's Mother Day visit. It was good to see her.

Lisa, I love your brother/SIL giving your mom rules. There's her safety to consider and like Miss Fisher she has no qualms about living the moment....  Your mom will be forever young!  8) She's keeping all of you on your toes...  ;D

{{{Puff}}}

« Last Edit: May 11, 2024, 03:33:45 PM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #4331 on: May 11, 2024, 01:59:41 PM »

PUFF   Does everyone on your street have a standing curb mailbox?   Does everyone have the same problems with them being knocked down?

LISA   What a sweetie of a kitty.  :D   Are you kidding with Mom getting herself a little day time job???  What a character  LOLOL

LANI   LOL  That is some shady alley cat gambling group .  :o

All annual planting is done - Miscounted my ageratum so had to run for 8 more.  Total time 9:30 to 1:45.  Now resting for an hour and will get cleaned up to go see my "Broadway star to be" great niece in another musical with this "on the side company- Ovation" she has been with for years.  I will need the rest  LOLOL
Chicagoland

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #4332 on: May 11, 2024, 03:03:28 PM »

HAPPY CATURDAY, BEAKERS!  :D

;D

I walked 27 minutes this morning. My bum knee is only very slightly sore today - so not a problem. Yay!  :)

My boyfriend won his 1st round tennis match in Rome 2 days ago, but lost his 2nd round match today. Boo hoo. It is his last time playing in Rome, where he has won more matches than any other player, and has been Champion there 10 times. Another goodbye tour tournament done for him... one that he loved playing so much. I wish he could've had a better result, but the player who beat him is ranked 7 in the world, so he is no slouch! It's a wait-and-see if my boyfriend will play at Roland Garros, the French - 1 of the 4 majors, that he has won 14 times, a record that most think may possibly never be beaten. He is considered the greatest clay court tennis player of all time.  :-* :-*

Tig, I was going to comment on another player's match today, but I know you follow her, and I don't know if you've seen that match yet, so mum's the word.  ;)

Lani, I'm glad Mike gets to stay put at home while working for a couple of weeks, and maybe get more relaxation and rest. Nice that Shannon was able to come for dinner last night - did y'all cook something on the grill? LOL on your poker playing cats - yep, Oldguy better be on the lookout at his game tonight if any of them show up. Ringers, for sure!  ;D ;D

Oldguy, watch out for any of Lani's card shark cats slinking around your card table tonight - they're ringers, for sure, so hold on to your chips!!   ;) ;D ;D

Lisa, your mom is a hoot!!! Well you surely came by your love of driving honestly! It must be in the genes!!  :D :D ;)

Phyl, sorry your fav wasn't sitting ready on the bar at Happy Hour last night... Try something different, maybe... after one, you won't care!   ;D ;D ;)

KB, if I live to be 106, I might BASE jump off West Virginia's New River Gorge Bridge on Bridge Day!!   8)

https://officialbridgeday.com/ - Bridge Day, New River Gorge

Puff, I want some vine-ripened "maters" this summer! Hope you have a bountiful crop!

BL, fish on wid yer bad se'f!  Duck, Pip!!  ;D

Clynn, those Norwich eyasses look like fluffy stuffed animals!  ;) :D :-* :-*  Iris looks like she's thinking, "Ahhh... this is more like it!"  :) :-* :-*  Has anyone discovered Sophie's escape route to the roof yet? LOL, keep her busy with her water bowl!  ;) :D  I fell victim in the store yesterday to a BOGO on Tillamook Ice Cream - got the Caramel Toffee Crunch - thought about you! It was divine!

TSK, oh boy! Your great niece has a new production for you to go to! Did she get the lead, by chance? Have fun! I can't wait to see her at The Tony's!! And maybe in a play on Broadway! :D

Karen, did you get your portulaca put out yet?

E4E, hope you and Kris are enjoying the weekend!  :)

Most of the heavy yellow pollen has done it's thing here now, so today I finally washed down my front porch rockers and side table.  I'm heading out there in a bit with a bowl of popcorn and a cold one.
  ;) :D

Have a good evening, All!   :)

See ya later, gators!   ;) ;D

Click attached pic to enlarge.  ;D
« Last Edit: May 11, 2024, 03:08:36 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

LisaG1967

« Reply #4333 on: May 11, 2024, 04:15:52 PM »

Lani - Hope you had a nice Mother's Day visit with Shannon.  Haha, yes she does keep us on our toes!

tsk - Am not kidding, about her lil day time job.  ;D Wow, that is alot of planting.  Enjoy the musical! 

baz - LOL, I never thought about that before...the driving!  Enjoy your popcorn and cold one on the pollen free rocker.  We are pollen free around here too, finally.

Puff

« Reply #4334 on: May 11, 2024, 05:17:23 PM »

PUFF   Does everyone on your street have a standing curb mailbox?   Does everyone have the same problems with them being knocked down?

LISA   What a sweetie of a kitty.  :D   Are you kidding with Mom getting herself a little day time job???  What a character  LOLOL

LANI   LOL  That is some shady alley cat gambling group .  :o

All annual planting is done - Miscounted my ageratum so had to run for 8 more.  Total time 9:30 to 1:45.  Now resting for an hour and will get cleaned up to go see my "Broadway star to be" great niece in another musical with this "on the side company- Ovation" she has been with for years.  I will need the rest  LOLOL

I don't recall any other downed boxes - some upgraded the box by choice.  Our block+ group all have a post with the box on the top.  Some have pipe/wood/plastic posts. 

I looked for a pic I posted way way back of the front of the house, Tony sitting in his supervising chair - but at the side of the driveway I do believe there was the mailbox.  You all know what I mean "too many pics"     :-\

P