Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 221351 times)

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #3915 on: April 27, 2024, 06:50:45 AM »

Good Morning Beakers! It's Caturday!

Phyl, haunting 365 this morning. The eagle owl looks like an owl to me! Amy's Blog, glad they are watching the situation and good to know they will act if they absolutely need to. 58now, 74 high today with rain and thunderstorms, especially tonight. And there's Bob!

Lani, glad to hear you got a good rain and that it will help clear up all that pollen! Mike will have a better weekend! I was also so disappointed when I read that Dr. Green confirmed Iris'suitor as Louis... we had a very heavy, windy rain pass through last night after I had been asleep a while, and I think the siren went off again. Or was I dreaming?  I gathered Sam and Sophie up and put them in their little tent to take them downstairs when we went to the Mole Hole earlier, when the kids were here. They didn't like it much!

karen, I think Pink lives in Clarinda, which is in that corner of Iowa that is very close to Nebraska, Missouri and Kansas. I couldn't find that any tornadoes touched down there, except for one that was 13 miles away. Hope they are all safe...

oldguy, yes, that rain came somewhere around 11:30 or so, that's when I thought I heard the sirens going off again... All looks okay outside although I haven't been out to check. Wow, you can really see how big the Dali is in the video you posted! I wonder what all is in all those containers!

nr just posted this morning - Good to see they are ok after tornadoes went right over last night.  3 eggs now! (Wells Fargo nest)

Oh my....

https://recipecs.com/pecan-pie-cobbler/?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTAAAR360csfXFvlYMFfLpLVBDItnw7HRBRi6cfHUd7VkGJuzlLvNPTCBZ4lWKQ_aem_AR-Ft9FDmn-hS93lY3zWXizaKApYSXkMWLFK_4KQlXKa896nl71P7wC4k3GSJ9_Z0ucsipbC_LdHuzWnkwFeqRbO
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #3916 on: April 27, 2024, 07:14:43 AM »

GOOD CATURDAY MORNING EVERYONE

So far so good for our Iowans??  Rough day for so many.

LANI   Good choice on the honey ham.  I find Canadian bacon sometimes too dry.  Bet there wasn't any left.  :)  ;)

PHYL   Cool eagle owl pics. 

CLYNN   Happy to hear the tornadoes missed you  How did last night go with the kids?
Chicagoland

oldguy

« Reply #3917 on: April 27, 2024, 07:51:40 AM »

Here is drone footage of Minden Iowa last evening after the tornado went thru - this was the tornado that was reported to be up to 1 mile wide...
04-26-2024 Minden, Iowa    -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WUrCfjLIe0

This is from local news in Omaha suburb of Elkhorn
'It's just stuff, we'll be OK':   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39BmMdhqbDI

SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

kbshcb

« Reply #3918 on: April 27, 2024, 08:19:50 AM »

Here is drone footage of Minden Iowa last evening after the tornado went thru - this was the tornado that was reported to be up to 1 mile wide...
04-26-2024 Minden, Iowa    -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WUrCfjLIe0

This is from local news in Omaha suburb of Elkhorn
'It's just stuff, we'll be OK':   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39BmMdhqbDI

Always surprised when I see standing homes next to total devastation down to the foundation.

I usually skip the advertisements before the you tube video starts. On the video from Elkhorn I didn't as it caught my eye. Even though I have fire extinguishers in every room of my house those fire blankets look worth having. On my amazon list. Thanks!

https://twitter.com/i/status/1783935429118459922
A man noticed that his neighbor’s cats were coming to his property to drink water so he set up a camera to see who else was drinking water...
watch till the end! a total menagerie

and something California should be proud of from the Smithsonian...embedded video of speeded up building. Those crane guys should be making a lot of money. I believe they actually do. A crane operator CEO locally invited Scott once to join his team....um, nope!
https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/the-worlds-largest-wildlife-crossing-will-help-animals-walk-safely-over-a-busy-california-freeway-180984206/

Lani - thanks for the recipe of the eggs benedict casserole....I love actual eggs benedict but never that I remember made a Hollindaise sauce....duh, buy a packet and add milk and butter. Thanks.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2024, 08:31:03 AM by kbshcb »

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #3919 on: April 27, 2024, 08:59:44 AM »

« Last Edit: April 27, 2024, 09:08:08 AM by LORIDAVIS »
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

Puff

« Reply #3920 on: April 27, 2024, 09:56:02 AM »

Lani  OK, now I gotta try. . . Like kb I love eggs benedict.  My routine - at the last day of a trip I end it all end with a breakfast of EB.  And I did see mention before of your casserole - but didn't look further.  Popular reviews/opinions seem to indicate I should give it a try.

Can you resubmit for me?  Please.

P

LisaG1967

« Reply #3921 on: April 27, 2024, 11:01:20 AM »

Good Morning Beakers.....Happy Caturday!

I hope all Beakers are safe from the weather last night. 

Lori - Cute Caturday pics. 

oldguy - Wow, the footage from Minden  :o  I sure hope there was no loss of life. 

tsk - Aww, your Caturday pic, so sweet!

clynn - Glad to hear that you all are safe.  Hope Pink is, too.  Thanks for the pic from nr of the Wells Fargo nest.  Mmm, that pecan pie cobbler looks delicious, save that recipe!

Puff - Morning  :)

Phyl - Thanks for the 365, and RRP links. 

Lani - Thanks for the link to the recipe.  Looks delicious and saved it!

tig, karen, BL, and all - Morning  :)

Puff

« Reply #3922 on: April 27, 2024, 11:31:58 AM »

I also saved the recipe.  Lots of calories on board today.  YUMMMMY.

P

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #3923 on: April 27, 2024, 11:35:24 AM »

some bounce

Hi all. Buenos Dias
Resting. Doing a puzzle online. Enjoying your posts. Watching tennis... Wondering when we will have another dry day to mow.
Stay safe Iowans.
Today is charge device and change the patch day.

TTFN
It was a late night cheering for the Wolves...
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #3924 on: April 27, 2024, 12:05:29 PM »

Lani  OK, now I gotta try. . . Like kb I love eggs benedict.  My routine - at the last day of a trip I end it all end with a breakfast of EB.  And I did see mention before of your casserole - but didn't look further.  Popular reviews/opinions seem to indicate I should give it a try.

P

{{{Puff}}} Here you go  :-*

Eggs Benedict Casserole
https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/221988/eggs-benedict-casserole/
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #3925 on: April 27, 2024, 12:09:21 PM »

Happy Caturday Beakers!
Morning Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Eagles, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Puff, Kb, Tsk, Lisa I find Canadian bacon dry too... the ham adds a nice flavor, also I didn't have fresh green onions, so I used 2 T of dried green onions. I dry my own green onions, as we use it a lot in my butter sauce dishes, especially for Mike's butter sauce that he likes on his broiled halibut. I'm going to dry a couple green onion bunches today. And even though it's easy to make Hollandaise sauce. I do love Knorr's Hollandaise sauce packets. Also, I buy Wolferman's muffins, we've had that discussion here before. LOL!! So please make it with whatever brand you love. I love a thick english muffin when making this casserole, it sets nicely overnight and gives it a nice bread pudding like texture. And I love bread pudding! I don't often make it as Mike doesn't like eggs, casseroles or bread pudding.  ;D

Clynn, sending hugs and prayers of thanks that you and family okay after the storms passing.  :-*... awww, glad everything is okay at WF osprey nest.  :) ... oh Louis  :( .... Mike will love the Pecan Pie Cobbler. I'll have to make that for him. Maybe Father's Day.  ;D

Phyl, {{{prayers for DN18 and RRP's decisions}}} ... awesome nature vid of Eagle owls.  :-*

Oldguy, it's shocking to see the destroyed homes, and then see others okay.  :'( Prayers for the life of families and their pets. For the those aiding and helping.  :-*

Kb, Love the big bear at the end of the man's cam. But the skunk putting its butt to face the other critters was a funny! LOL! It was interesting to see Fox kits drinking same time as a cat.... The Wildlife crossing is so cool, I wish more state DOTs would adopt this idea.

{{{Lori and Destini}}} So glad you and family are okay.... Happy Caturday to you. Love the Jellybeans, Kristy Kremes and Starbucks!  :-*

{{{Tig}}}

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #3926 on: April 27, 2024, 12:18:08 PM »

Taken from our 2nd floor patios off the livingroom/kitchen/Mike's office/bedroom. 3 Juniper trees with yellow mustard seeds still intact after last night's rainstorm. There are more in the front and throughout our area. I was hoping to wash off the patio and outdoor furniture. Remove patio cushions and pillows and clean up today. But, I better wait, just clean up what I can like I do everyday. Sadie's bath and window/screens cleaning will have to wait a couple more weeks too. But, I'm dying to take a water hose to everything. I dust/vacuum daily inside.

kbshcb

« Reply #3927 on: April 27, 2024, 12:19:34 PM »

Lani - great idea to dry some green onions....I actually have some growing in my front garden that come up every year. I never harvest them, slapping my forehead. I buy them often but find they get "old", moldy quickly and often throw out some.

Do you just hang them upside down until dry and then chop?.

Curious as I have a lot of recipes that prefer green onion and this sounds like a great idea.

We must have posted at the same time!...oh my Lani...that's a lot of work annually.

Got a walk in with Ollie this am between rain drops, Yah!

Puff

« Reply #3928 on: April 27, 2024, 12:25:43 PM »

P

{{{Puff}}} Here you go  :-*

Eggs Benedict Casserole
https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/221988/eggs-benedict-casserole/

You're a dear. . .  :-*  and a hug.

P

Puff

« Reply #3929 on: April 27, 2024, 12:40:33 PM »

KB Here's an idea . . . I'll buy a bunch of green onions, dry and chop, and send out a baggie to all those who are making the casserole.

I didn't know hollandaise was suppose to be hard to make!  I just make mine.

Lani  Then there's your tumbleweed season for you, too. (forgot name) They're keeping you off the streets and out of trouble.  (Newest saying = Keeping you away from the malls and out of trouble.)

There is a new line of English muffins.  I'm not sure of your habits or market availability, made by Bays, called Buoche English muffins.

Shredding drive today.  BBL

P