Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 222057 times)

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #3450 on: April 11, 2024, 05:34:12 PM »

Phyl- Like the NBC 'retro' peacock!  Liked 365; but had never heard of the greater prairie chicken!

Lani- Hope you were able to go out and that In & Out Burger!! You deserve it!! ;D

Baz- Hope your hand feels better soon, although it must be hard not to use it!  Try not to over-do  :)   Interesting about the amounts of rain you posted!!

Clynn- Yes, understandable how Harley likes the 'kitten's' food more than his prescription food! Lol!  Love the pic of DN17 & DN18 - too cute!!!!  Amazing CO River!!!

Karen - Have you tried leaving a doggie 'potty' pad down on your floor for Piper on those rainy days when she doesn't want to go out?    Yes! At least you still have Power, Computer, Phone and all the essentials!

LisaG- Glad to know your Mama is good!  Does Bandit eat your annual planted flowers outside or just fresh cut bouquet flowers in your house?

BL- Amazing large amounts of rain in Valdosta - thanks for posting!

karengramke

« Reply #3451 on: April 11, 2024, 06:17:17 PM »

Tsk, there was more than 5.5 inches where that road is!    Think the news this morning must have moved from Valdosta conditions to a regional statement of some kind!  Tsk the rain was very , very heavy , fast and steady!  BL, they did say on the local news that the system resembled a tropical storm!   I’m not convinced that it wasn't!  Thanks for the map!

Earlier, the T nest with  mrs T and the little
Ts was rocking and rolling!   Did I say that earlier?  The Rock a bye baby earworm keeps rockin thru my head!  Seds

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #3452 on: April 11, 2024, 06:59:42 PM »

CLynn- luved the daisies today ; The Dynamic Duo! DN17 & DN18--awww all that silvery 'fluff'; Rio Colorado is awesome

Karen-- some 'guys' are just for the good times.  ::)  ;    OJ Simpson is all I heard on the news today---too much.    Be thankful for coffee.  ;)
I have a maternal aunt who kept a lap dog and trained him to use a litter box  quite successfully

Tsk- nice gate w/ the poppies and LBs;  Prairie chickens  'beauty all their own' definitely

Puff-  ;D

Lisa-pretty daisies

Baz- cheers to a good report tomorrow

Good Night Everyone...SEDs. 

🙏 's     

« Last Edit: April 11, 2024, 10:47:35 PM by Phyl »
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #3453 on: April 11, 2024, 10:49:48 PM »

Attention

Do NOT open any emails that appear to come from me. I have not sent any.

Nora's email was hacked some time ago and her contacts accessed and I have been getting fake emails from "Nora" but it is not from her real address. The subject often refers to "sad news".
My contacts may have been accessed. Not sure.

If you get one, report it as phishing and delete. Do not open nor click any link.
Always put your cursor over the address to see where it is really sent from.

Thanx
SED
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #3454 on: April 11, 2024, 11:30:17 PM »

Thanks Tig, Nora does have my email address, no emails from you.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

BrokenLug

« Reply #3455 on: April 12, 2024, 12:35:29 AM »

We only step into a friday gently EDT 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoNu4zyT-R8

The staple of greetings from/to the critters.   :-*

Kopje LLamas inverted Loop-E-Loops Zoomies.

Hysterical.   ;D 
U. S. A.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #3456 on: April 12, 2024, 12:39:02 AM »

Phyl, glad the Delsym is helping you and Jim feel better, take care.... Prairie Chicken spring ritual!  ;D... sweet pic of the sleeping Sauces beauties.... interesting article on Filipino women, I don't know if I agree considering my sister's husband/family are Filipino. My sis's MIL is 95, she looks like she's in her early 80's and is very active. A little Mrs busy body, and she had 6 children.  ;D

Clynn, pretty morning pics.... Mr T is not providing or helping with nest duties. I don't know if he's around right now. strange situation... awww precious pic of DN eaglets, thanks to Smb.... In the late 70's we took a river raft trip down the Colorado River. I think it was near Glenwood Springs, somewhere close where Mike had an asphalt road job and I spent a long weekend with him. I held my breath most of the time! It was fun!

Tsk, how funny Lulu doesn't like the smell of spearmint. LOL!

Lisa, pretty blanket.... I remember your mom was sick when she returned home from her trip, I hope all will be well this time.... So, you both are going to be having a fun time that week. I'll look forward to your Decorah pics.

{{{Karen}}} glad you and Piper are doing okay after the constant rain... take care.

{{{Baz and Zippo}}} take care, and be safe from the storms. I hope your appt goes well tomorrow.

Thanks BL

All is well after my yearly check up, I'm good for another year!  8)
Traffic and crowds were a hassle, burgers were the BEST! Happy to be home in the Pines!

Good night!

Praying for those who perished today, their families, the rescuers and community

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Tsk's friend Kathleen's family, Eaglesrock, Eagles Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Lisa's mom, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Clynn,  Tig, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

« Reply #3457 on: April 12, 2024, 06:08:01 AM »

Good Morning Everyone.  TGIF !

Currently: 49F clear with a   High  66F s mostly sunny,  Low 44F

Tig- thanks for the heads up on the  phishing emails

BL- I luv the 'Blues Brothers'.  That was a classic scene. Thanks.,  ;)                           
Lani- the Pregnancy article and aging- I would agree w/you.  Mine's in June .     

Prayers for:     Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. Laken Riley, all those like her and family; Eaglesrock . All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats; The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/ 
https://greatergood.com/
https://www.livescience.com/

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #3459 on: April 12, 2024, 06:15:47 AM »

I thought I'd see what was going on in the North's house ---Decorah North Eagles
Apr 12, 2024 6:11 AM
Camera Time: Apr 12, 2024 6:10 AM CDT
Birchwoman

Looks like breakfast time...

#IstandwithEvan

Puff

« Reply #3460 on: April 12, 2024, 06:16:36 AM »

Attention

Do NOT open any emails that appear to come from me. I have not sent any.

Nora's email was hacked some time ago and her contacts accessed and I have been getting fake emails from "Nora" but it is not from her real address. The subject often refers to "sad news".
My contacts may have been accessed. Not sure.

If you get one, report it as phishing and delete. Do not open nor click any link.
Always put your cursor over the address to see where it is really sent from.

Thanx
SED

Thanks for helping with the heads-up tig / Nora.  I'll definitely be careful if I see any such posts.

Enjoy the day!  Not only the weekend - better weather is forecast.  We hope.

P

Phyl

« Reply #3461 on: April 12, 2024, 06:22:37 AM »

Then I made a quick flight over to the  nest at Sauces Bald Eagles - Channel Islands
Apr 12, 2024 6:17 AM
Camera Time: Apr 12, 2024 4:17 AM PDT
Birchwoman

And, Audi has another egglet!   :o 

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

#IstandwithEvan

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #3463 on: April 12, 2024, 06:28:09 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

I am heading for Mom's in the morning, have a lot to do today! Erin sent pictures, Bella lost her first tooth!

Lani, so happy to hear that you have been renewed for another year!  I bet that made the In and Out burger taste even better! Mr. T sounds like Louis...  You made me think of Ed's older brother Bob when you mentioned Mike working on a road crew. Bob has a degree in engineering and worked for Palumbo, road construction in Chicago. Ed told me that Bob got rich working for Palumbo but swore he would never go to jail for him. Several of the Palumbos have been in jail for bribery and bid-rigging. And it sounds like his sons have carried on the tradition of serving jail time... Ed always said Mafia...

Phyl, hope you are getting better each day!  No fun being sick when the weather is nice! I agree, too much OJ on the news yesterday. I think most felt he was guilty and got away with it because he had $$$.  Great news, I am glad to hear another egg at Sauces, I thought they had given up! The North nest looks good! Love the Prairie chickens in the 365, all of those guys trying to win the lady's favor! They are beautiful, I have never seen one in person!

BL, thanks for the Led Zeppelin!

karen, 5.5" is a LOT of rain! And it will be deeper wherever the land is low. There were certain places in Springfield where you could always count on flooding with rain in that amount. Like the Cook Street railroad overpass. It was like a well! And around where we lived, in the older part of town we had to figure out a way to get around the flooded streets to get home! Good for Piper, he's a good boy!

E4E, Harley had his breakfast this morning and is now sleeping under the bathroom sink!

baz, hope you get good news at the Dr today! Stay dry!

tsk, did you get your mulch? I have 4 bags left from last year but I will be watching Fleet Farm for the BOGO on mulch!  My hostas are starting to come up! Hostas and Impatiens, that's what I am doing this year. And Dusty Millers, they do well! The Knockout Rose bushes need to be moved to a sunny location in the back yard, just not enough sun in the front because of the trees.

Benny Bruhling - Flying High, With Decorah Eagles: Decorah 04/11/24:
Goodmorning my fine feathered friends. Normally I don't photograph in the rain, but this was a special exciting occasion. As most of you know by now, a new nest in the pasture tree is under construction. This tree is located halfway between N1 and N2B on the same side of the stream as N2B. Decorah Eagles  - Sue Bruhling and I came down yesterday to investigate, after reading Gina Moccia Galligan post about construction being captured by live cam, it was a must go trip and the rain wasn't going to stop us. Time now to drink my coffee, get dressed and back to the hatchery, not sure what the weather man has in store for us today, but we will be there. My song choice for this post is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xg2vMrDzoXM

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Phyl

« Reply #3464 on: April 12, 2024, 06:42:04 AM »

CLynn  have a safe drive to your mom's;  Hurrah! Bella lost her first tooth...glad it's one in  the bottom quadrant.  I first  lost mine  in upper quadrant right up
front...I had the habit of sticking my tongue in the space and smiling .  ::)  I like the idea of keeping her tooth in a 'tooth' box.
Thanks for posting Benny Bruhling  and  Decorah Eagles snap/update.   Song choice   ;)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2024, 06:45:57 AM by Phyl »

#IstandwithEvan