Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 219469 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #2641 on: March 19, 2024, 06:21:41 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Lani, oh no about the shot for Mike! I remember when Ed had his first and second shot, the Dr told him 3 was all he would do, surgery after that. He has had a couple more after those 3, different Dr, but none have helped much and he won't have surgery either. Hence he is on the strong pain meds. Which I hate... Oh, I love Brussels Sprouts, especially roasted in the oven! Oh those fat little good night puppies!

Phyl, do you think Audi is done laying eggs for this season? Great pics in Amy's Blog, especially Mrs. North rolling her eggs... Pretty frost in the 365! Oh my, we will be much warmer than you today, that's unusual!  But we both will have sun!

E4E, the Harley/Sam/Sophie update below! I am sure you are ready for your Grandson's baseball games! It would be so nice to be able to sit outside! Spring is here!

We had more 'get together' sessions with Harley and the kittens today! Harley is getting better, the last time he left the security of the basement door close by, he walked all around the family room with Sam and Sophie checking him out. Still some hissing, but not as much. Sophie was even trying to play with his tail! I don't think it will be long until the basement door can stay open.

Lisa, hope you had a wonderful birthday! The menu looks great, I think I would choose the Southern Fish and Chips! With a side of the Brussels Sprouts! What, no desert?  Yay, six eggs for the Goose Family!

Emy, brrrr!

baz, love all the GOODBYE winter! It's Spring! I am so ready to invite the neighbors over for a Friday evening chat time on the deck! Our high today is supposed to be 63, so I think the salmon will go on the grill!

tsk, hope your get together was good, even though some are missing!

The west entrance of "Wall Street", a popular hike on the Navajo Loop, in Bryce Canyon National Park, Utah

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #2642 on: March 19, 2024, 06:33:56 AM »

This made me chuckle, had to share...

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #2643 on: March 19, 2024, 07:02:29 AM »

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE

High today 54 and sunny

EMY   A veritable heat wave.  :o    Were you below snow levels this year?

LANI     Based on what you said about Mike today and not wanting to go the route of more powerful pain meds, you may want to investigate this non invasive option.   Back when I was working we used these and they are so much more developed today.
 Mike would have nothing to lose and maybe could discuss with his doctor.  Have a PT get him started and he could then use on his own?     https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/treatments/15840-transcutaneous-electrical-nerve-stimulation-tens
The good night pup and kids is so precious  :-*

PHYL   Love the owl from Katherine's Collections    Nature creates exquisite art  365  :)    Thanks for Amy's blog.   Tail winds  :o

CLYNN  Bryce is one of my favorite canyons.  So unusual.      LOLOL  " handy during parallogram season"  ;D ;D ;D
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #2644 on: March 19, 2024, 07:54:24 AM »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1769029789254394147

The uncle rescued a fawn that had
been shot by an arrow. Then nursed and released back into the wild. 

What happens next is beautiful.

Just darling...

Happy Tuesday all.

Thursday snow total predictions, 2.5 inches.....tolerable.

Sunday: 8.8 in just a 24 hour period....followed by 3 plus inches day after and more after that.

Don't know how 8.8 inches is even possible in 24 hours?..oh I suppose. ;)

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #2645 on: March 19, 2024, 08:02:57 AM »

bounce
Dinner was fun. My niece has some health issues but new adaptation are being explored. Her hubby is ready to retire from Mpls. PD. He can't take the stress and overtime anymore.
Spa day for me...
TTFN
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

kbshcb

« Reply #2646 on: March 19, 2024, 08:07:23 AM »

https://alts.co/girl-scout-economics-thin-mints-thick-margins/

Interesting story of today's economics of Girl Scout cookies....not the same as in our childhood.

Yes, I was a Brownie and a Girl Scout.....and have a friend who was a VP at Target who moved to being a top Girl Scout VP...

That is mostly all I see on my community fb page lately....it gets tiresome for me, and yes I know all the value of supporting these girls, etc..

tig - just read your post...I don't blame him or all the rest retiring earlier than they had planned.
Minneapolis cops are not supported and they are still down by 50 percent or more.  Crazy.

Emyrauld

« Reply #2647 on: March 19, 2024, 08:27:12 AM »

The thing that got me about the weather was the sudden drop in temperature from 16 (60F) at 6 pm last night to -1 (30 F) at 6 am this morning.  That’s a lot of a drop in 12 hours.  It’s hard on the system and the landscaping.  I handle 21 just fine, 20 is getting drafty and 22 makes me think of turning on the A/C.

And Tsk, no worries about where to put the snow this year.  We had a good dump of it a couple of weeks ago.  Other than that only a few skiffs of it now and then.  We are in a prolonged drought here.  Calgary is already warning of a water shortage this spring and it is not a lot better here.  Wildfire season started nearly a month early, although I would suggest it never ended with an average of 60 fires burning over the winter.  You, my friends to the south,  will be noticing as soon as the weather warms up. 
A sense of humor can help you overlook the unattractive, tolerate the unpleasant, cope with the unexpected and smile through the unbearable....Moshe Woldoks

LisaG1967

« Reply #2648 on: March 19, 2024, 09:59:57 AM »

Good Morning Beakers...Happy Spring!!

Just wanted to say, thanks for all of the birthday wishes and cakes. I appreciate each and every one of them:-*

tsk - Cute first day of Spring pic.  We are 29° and windy today, does not feel like Spring.  ;D  Yes, we went to Home Goods, and some lady was coughing her head off in there and Jeff is like...OMG if we don't catch what she has!  ;D ;D

clynn - Love the Spring peace wreath.  So glad to hear about the "get together" sessions.
We are definitely going go back to that restaurant at some point.  The menu had some really good dishes.

Phyl - Thanks for the 365, and RRP blog. Cute owl figurine!  I thought about getting the fried green tomatoes.   :D

Lani - The lady at two tables over had the chili, and it smelled delicious! Adorable good night pic. 

E4E - Thank you  :-*

kb, tig, Emy and all - Morning!

BrokenLug

« Reply #2649 on: March 19, 2024, 10:52:06 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

The west entrance of "Wall Street", a popular hike on the Navajo Loop, in Bryce Canyon National Park, Utah.

Clynn the Hoodoos of Bryce Canyon are the most spectacular I've ever seen on our Blue Marble  !!   ;D

https://raptorresource.org/raptorresource/forum/index.php?topic=2867.msg786966#msg786966
« Last Edit: March 19, 2024, 11:15:19 AM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #2650 on: March 19, 2024, 10:58:57 AM »

This made me chuckle, had to share...

Oh Lord, I remember this!
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

BrokenLug

« Reply #2651 on: March 19, 2024, 11:08:54 AM »

Thursday snow total predictions, 2.5 inches.....tolerable.

Sunday: 8.8 in just a 24 hour period....followed by 3 plus inches day after and more after that.

Don't know how 8.8 inches is even possible in 24 hours?..oh I suppose. ;)

kb I was just noticing the Spring snow forecast for MSP over the next week.   ::)

MSP is at 14.3 inches so far for this season.
The normal average for the season is 54 inches at MSP.

Looks like you'll be adding something to the 2023/2024 season, but I'm a bit skeptical about the amounts the Models are spitting out this far in advance.

Good thing you got your lawn mowers all revved up and ready to go ay'.   ;)
U. S. A.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #2652 on: March 19, 2024, 11:11:10 AM »

KB   What a great story about the wounded deer.  :)   Still hoping for you that most of that snow will not materialize.  Fascinating article on Girl Scout Cookies ( badges as well).  I'm glad I did the Brownie/ GS thing when I did.  :o  No cookie has ever been as good as the first GS sugar cookie - 50 cents a box and you got a lot of them.

TIG  Enjoy spa day  ;D  Good that your niece can make some changes to her health issues and YES, hope her hubby doesn't take much longer to retire!!

EMY   Such a balance is required of Mother Nature.   We had many of those roller coaster drops ion temps as well - 70 during the day falling to 30's at night and then back up.  Crazy year.

LISA   Don't you wish those folks would just wear a mask in public  ::) ::)
Chicagoland

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #2653 on: March 19, 2024, 11:14:02 AM »

Good morning Beakers!

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #2654 on: March 19, 2024, 11:20:19 AM »

Good morning Beakers!

E4E, cute!! Happy 1st day of Spring back to you!  :D Glad you had a warmer wrap for the cool air during the game!  I will get 1 hour of Spring today since the Spring Equinox will arrive at 11:06 pm (Eastern time) today. Woot! Then a 1st full day of spring tomorrow! Woo hoo!!  :D
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center