Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 677802 times)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #2490 on: March 15, 2024, 12:24:32 PM »

{{{Baz}}} Go TARHEELS!  8)

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

kbshcb

« Reply #2491 on: March 15, 2024, 01:04:06 PM »

Been gardening !.....I have to laugh about it...and I love it.

My second mower is being returned to me soon, just 50 bucks for new blades and a tune up.
The back yard one needed new parts so more...

I'm now set and like tsk said before Glen gets backed up which might be soon!

Lani - yuk on your neighbor with the aggressive dog

My forsythia is sure coming along in just 2 days!..almost in full bloom.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #2492 on: March 15, 2024, 01:53:24 PM »

LANI    That's one Irish pup  LOL   Wonder who that golfer thinks she is?  But I guess there are always those above the law!    Quite a story.  Glad you found Renovation Aloha.  They create some gorgeous homes.

KB   forsythia looks great  ;D
Chicagoland

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #2494 on: March 15, 2024, 02:30:22 PM »

Lani, your post wasn't too long at all, it's nice to know some of the things we all go through. The 'giving celebrities a pass' when they don't follow the rules is something i cannot stand. I am glad you were able to come up with a solution for you and Sadie. I know how much you cherish your early morning walks! That is so cute that you watched Renovation Aloha and fell back into your Native dialect! I knew you would like the show, there is a lot of Hawaii in it, ! I love how the whole family gets together at the end and the house gets the traditional Hawiian Blessing... Tristyn reminds me of you, I picture you like her back in your younger days!  That Irish Dog!!!  Harley's appointment is at 3:30.

kb, Grandma always said 'one more snow after the forsythia blooms'...             

Baz, Harley's appointment is 3:30, it's 2:00 here now. 

Erin called, Bella now has to wear glasses for reading, etc. She is near-sighted! Her glasses will be here in a week or so.  :o

baz, I agree, the Beak Room is a good group, but I know most of us don't talk about everything going on in our lives. I think it all has to do with how much one wants to share... some are just more private.

tsk, some tidbits about how the Chicago River is dyed green!  https://www.timeout.com/chicago/things-to-do/how-they-dye-the-chicago-river-green

Lisa, how about a catio? There are all kinds on Pinterest, from basic to fancy!  ;D ;D

Golden Age Glamour · When developers began renovating old apartments in the new lower east side, they found bathtubs in kitchens.
Inside the now historic NY apartments new immigrants called home. Bathtubs and even showers can be found in the kitchens of many of New York's late 19th and early 20th century apartments. The apartments were often the home of new immigrants and New Yorkers living in these historic homes would bathe next to the kitchen sink.
Often this was necessary. Some buildings only had a Common Sink that all used, on the first floor. Running water and a tub was luxury. This would be common around 1900, as Public Bath Houses began to emerge in NYC. All you needed was a board for counter space. This was a "modern" East Village Apartment around 1900, as people began moving north of Houston.Also read and see more photos: https://besrilankan.com/21-historic-photos-that-captured.../

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

kbshcb

« Reply #2495 on: March 15, 2024, 02:37:02 PM »

clynn - Grandma may be correct here this year......shhh Grandma, LOL
Already have lowered their prediction amount coming up.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #2496 on: March 15, 2024, 02:51:28 PM »

Bounce

The chimney guys came yesterday and did repairs etc. I needed to transplant a dozen fern today... and a couple of other tasks.
We plan to visit the local pub tonight to hear some live Irish music.
SED
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

LisaG1967

« Reply #2497 on: March 15, 2024, 02:59:40 PM »

tsk - Bandit is 12 today and for his special treat, Jeff baked him some salmon.  Are you going to the parade tomorrow?

Lani - Read your story, and glad the lady lost in court and was fined.  Rules are rules, and should be followed by all, not cause you are a well-known golfer.   ::)

baz - Thank you!

kb - Not a bad price for tune-up on your mower.

Phyl - Thanks for the hurricane link.

clynn - Aww, Bella needing glasses.  Was that a surprise or did you all suspect she needed them?  I bet she will look adorable.  Good luck to Harley!  I would love that for the kitties, but Bandit would not want to come inside.  We try to take him for a walk in our arms around the yard, just to let him have some fresh air, besides with windows being open and when we bring him back inside, he bites us.  I still think he hates us for making him an indoor cat.  ;D 

tig - Enjoy your night at the pub.

clynndunn

« Reply #2498 on: March 15, 2024, 04:13:53 PM »

Happy Birthday Bandit!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

clynndunn

« Reply #2499 on: March 15, 2024, 04:39:43 PM »

Iowa Birding  · Paul Brooke  ·  Today at Lamoni, Iowa. Greater Prairie Chicken. Many thanks to Glenn Hurst for the tip. It was quite the show!

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #2500 on: March 15, 2024, 04:46:00 PM »

Lisa, yummy on Bandit's homecooked birthday salmon treat! That was very nice of Jeff.  Party time for Bandit!  :) :-*

TSK, glad you have the treadmill to use when the weather is good. I saw the last part of your Marquette game last night! Whoa!! But they prevailed! Yay for your Golden Eagles! I found fresh-baked Irish Soda Bread at Harris Teeter today. They are also now owned by Kroger. I wonder if the loaf you found is like the one I found. It was tasty! :)

Clynn, oops... sorry... I thought Harley's vet appt was yesterday. I got the days mixed up. Now I remember you saying he would get gabapentin last night before bed, and then again today before going to the vet. I hope it has gone well for all.  :) :-*

Lani, thanks! I will be watching my Tarheels tonight, for sure!

Tig, have fun and I hope the Irish music is good.

Puff, I hope your computer person is working some good magic for you, and you will be able to get back online again soon.

Phyl, glad you didn't have any damage from severe weather at your house. I saw the severe warning in part of the Nashville area for a bit last night while watching the updates on The Weather Channel. Prayers for those affected by the severe weather outbreak... especially for the loss of life in Ohio from the tornadoes there last night.

E4E, glad you have been getting some good weather, and glad to hear your mom is getting along some better.  :)

Lori, I hope you and your family were all safe from the weather last night. I'm not sure if that line of severe storms came through your area.

I needed a veggie fix today, so I steamed fresh cabbage and baby carrots to have with a giant bowl of salad I made from two different kinds of Organic Girl mixed baby greens - one was Super Greens, and the other was Baby Kale mix. I drizzled it with some homemade Balsamic Vinaigrette. It tasted so good! I have been lacking in the veggie dept. lately! But... I also picked up a fresh-baked loaf of Irish Soda Bread today, and had it with buttter! Yum! And a glash.  ;D  And, I put some butter on the steamed veggies!  :o ;D  That was a big treat, and it was all so yum!

That was a late lunch, and then I walked for 31 minutes. The clouds have moved in and thickened up now - for rain tonight. I will watch my UNC Tarheels play their conference semi-final game tonight at 7pm, Eastern, and I will have some kind of snack with that, for sure. So I better start getting some longer walks in! LOL.

Good Night, Beakers. Peace. SED.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2024, 04:53:41 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #2501 on: March 15, 2024, 04:50:24 PM »

Clynn, oh wow wow!! That Greater Prairie Chicken!! I have never seen such - what a beauty!! I would just freak out, in a good way, LOL, if I got to see that in person in the wild!! Thanks for posting the gorgeous pics  :-*!
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

kbshcb

« Reply #2502 on: March 15, 2024, 05:49:03 PM »

Off topic:

I highly recommend the tv series "Masters of the Air"...WW11 documentary about the real men of the 100th Bombartment.....oh it's so good. Real life aviators. Think we watched it on Apple TV but if you get a chance it's so well done....includes the Tuskegee airmen as well and of the main peeps that made it all but one lived into there 80's to 90's.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #2503 on: March 15, 2024, 06:05:13 PM »

PHYL   NOAA has a while to go before predicting.  You just never know.

CLYNN   If Bella needs glasses for reading I think that means she is far-sighted ?( can't see near but can see far)  I hope she picked out some wild  frames  ;) ;) Did she get tested in school?      As kids - we all got glasses really early - Dad needed glasses all the time and Mom for driving only altho she did wear them all the time.  So us three kids could not escape that.  Good story about the dying of the Chicago River  ;D    1900s kitchen - yet they made do.    Great shots of that prairie chicken.

TIG   Ambitious project!!  I have two hosta to move but no where near ready for that.  Have fun tonight  ;D

LISA   I've never been to the Parade.  Can watch on TV if I want  LOL   I hardly ever go downtown anymore and never, driving.  I know, you can whiz through that city like no body's business  LOLOL  I can take the train or EL down with my senior pass  ;D

BAZI   6 PM here so just turned the game on.  :D
Chicagoland

karengramke

« Reply #2504 on: March 15, 2024, 06:38:41 PM »

Good Evening Beakers!  >:(.  Day began well and got iffy around noon but all turned out well!  Water  (all 64 ounces)  consumed by four, 3 sets of exercises over with by 4  dinner finished and a full dish washer now doing its thing!
Have always heard of prairie Chickens but have never seen one!  What a magnificent thing!  Have to google that.   Thanks for posting, clynn!  Also thanks for the am flowers! Bellas Mother wears glasses. I think.
Thinks for the reminder of the Ides of March!   Good refresher!
Did not mind Algebra as much as Trigonometry. Nasty stuff!  Has sines and cosines but don't ask me more! 
Happy Birthday to Bandit!   I was going to ask if he got a fish cake!   Salmon is good! 
Good posts all.  Going to settle down and concentrate on the Tar heels now!
Seds