Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 218784 times)

Puff

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #2130 on: March 03, 2024, 02:21:22 PM »

« Last Edit: March 03, 2024, 02:24:36 PM by Puff »

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #2131 on: March 03, 2024, 02:23:38 PM »

Big Bear Bald Eagles - PIP!! 🦅 ❤️

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #2132 on: March 03, 2024, 02:24:16 PM »

WHAT A GREAT GAME  Congrats Caitlin Clarke and Iowa

LANI  Great pair of holy rollers  ;D ;D   Long meeting at 4 hours - I'm restless at 3  LOL   I have never had sugar cane.  :o   And then a jury summons to top it all off yesterday  UGG is right.
Chicagoland

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #2133 on: March 03, 2024, 02:28:26 PM »

HAPPY 30th BIRTHDAY (OBSERVED), SYDNEY!!!   :D

;D 8)

Have a great day!!   :)

... With lots of treats!!  :D

« Last Edit: March 03, 2024, 02:38:18 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #2134 on: March 03, 2024, 02:35:00 PM »

Bounce

Congrats Caitlin and Iowa...

Now watching Nadal vs Alvarez on Netflix

BBL
(( TSK ))
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

baziunc

« Reply #2135 on: March 03, 2024, 02:41:21 PM »

PIP PIP HOORAY!!! For Shadow and Jackie!!!  :) :-* :-* :-*

Talons crossed for them and their egglets!!  :-* :-* :-*
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

LisaG1967

« Reply #2136 on: March 03, 2024, 02:50:47 PM »

tsk - Oh no...I hope you feel better soon!

Lani - Cute lil morning pic!  When you posted Sweet Ole Bear, I had to take a look at your avatar, cause I thought it might have been your Bandit.  I am glad that your next long meeting will be on zoom. 

clynn - Thanks for the Big Bear PIP pic!

baz - Waving at ya!

baziunc

« Reply #2137 on: March 03, 2024, 03:31:51 PM »

HAPPY DAY, BEAKERS!  :D

Way to go, Caitlyn!! I watched the game - they played great!! Sorry Pistol Pete Maravich... It took 54 years for someone to break his NCAA All-time scoring record!!! Caitlyn Clark did it!!! She's an incredible player! So many good players on both women's basketball teams today - both Iowa and Ohio State Women Basketball teams are excellent and have incredible programs.

Yay! Rosie's ba-a-a-ack!!!   :-* :-* :-*  Talons crossed for Rosie and Richmond this nesting season!!  :-* :-*

Yay! E23 branched, and is looking GREAT!!  :-* :-*  Say, "Ahhh!" LOL, I love that pic of E23 on the branch, mouth wiiide open!  :D

Lisa, oh yum on your crawfish bisque! That sounds sooo good! You made me think about Crawfish étouffée now - I haven't had any in sooo long. I don't think I have seen it on any menu where I live now. I miss it!

Lori, oh my! Banana Cream Pie Day! That looks so scrumptious! And those creme filled brioche doughnuts!! O Gawd... I want some!  :D

Clynn, have fun with the family celebrating Sydney's birthday!  :D  Hmmm, I get the "purist" approach for pizza and tacos, but I consider fish tacos one of the "purist" tacos! They are in places like Cabo and other Mexican coastal communities, and southern CA, and about anywhere there's an ocean surfing community, like where I live. Ugh on your TV going out! :o Dang! Your new TV sounds wonderful though! Love the pics of Talon and Bella, and Sam and Sophie!!  :) :-* :-* :-*

TSK, shoot... a rough game for Marquette yesterday... bring on March Madness!  ;D  Ugh on getting a cold... I hope it's nothing worse, but golly gee, they can be sooo miserable. I hope Tim will get you some yummy chicken soup and you rest up and feel better. Hugs.  :-*

Lani, ugh... sorry about the Kansas game - it was so close the whole game. I was nervous! Next time! I don't think they will be on the bubble - they're a Top 10 Team!!  I missed you mentioning Roy Williams in your earlier post the other day - I only remembered the Dean Smith reference... or maybe I don't remember it at all. LOL. Getting older is an adventure.  ::) ;) :D  Yikes on the traffic and white-knuckled drive you had yesterday! I hate that feeling of waiting to see if I'm going to be hit by another car - Sooo glad you stayed safe!! Hugs! Whew! That is no fun! Oh YUM on the sugarcane! What a great treat for y'all, especially as kids! Hope you can lay low and just rest up some today! I had wondered at first if that "Big Ol' Bear" was your Bandit... Love your memories of your Bandit - and in your avatar.  :-*

Karen, nice Chicago memories. Do you have another visit soon with your doc for a vertigo appt? You and Piper have a good weekend!

I only walked 20 minutes today - I waited too long to get out and started on my walk, so I had to cut it short to get back in time to see the women's Iowa v. Ohio State game!

I made the White Chicken Chili for early dinner and the UNC game yesterday. It turned out really good! It was a new recipe I found online, and it's a keeper. It turned out good enough that I sent some to one of my neighbors. So I will definitely make it again.

It was from the Cooking Classy website. The link to the whole thing is:
https://www.cookingclassy.com/white-chicken-chili/

I recommend reading the whole shebang at that link, because it gives good info and tips throughout.

If you want to skip the tips and recommendations, you can cut to the chase, and just link to the recipe at:
https://www.cookingclassy.com/wprm_print/30325/

But if you decide to try it, I recommend first reading the whole story and tips in the 1st link above.  ;)

I mostly followed the recipe, using most of the rotisserie chicken that I pulled the meat from and shredded it (and packed in the measuring cup)  by hand - with only a couple of departures, as I note here. For the green chiles, I bought 2 (4-ounce) cans of Hatch Chopped Green Chiles, (the MILD version) at Walmart, in their Mexican food section. I used the entire contents of both cans, and that worked out well. They come in a HOT version, too, but the MILD ones had a little heat, so I'm glad I went with those. I used a whole 32-ounce box of low-sodium Chicken Broth (instead of 2 14.5-ounce cans), and it wasn't too much liquid.  Also, I used 1 can of Cannelloni (White Kidney) Beans, and 1 can of Great Northern Beans (instead of 2 cans of Cannelloni Beans). I did not drain or rinse them. I used the entire contents of both cans. It didn't water down the chili. Regarding the note on the recipe about using 1 cup of reserved beans with 1/4 cup of the chicken broth in the blender till almost smooth, as a thickener, instead of cream or any type of flour, what I did was pour approximately a cup of the canned Great Northern Beans, and some of the liquid from that can, into a small separate pan and used my immersion blender to blend that till it was almost smooth, and then added it to the big Chili pot, when directed in the recipe. Otherwise, I followed the recipe, as directed. It turned out very good! I topped my hot bowl of chili with some of the recommended additional chopped cilantro and some grated Monterey Jack cheese, with some tortilla chips on the side. The avocado I had wasn't ripe yet, but I will maybe be able to put some avocado slices on a hot bowl of leftover chili tomorrow. That sounded like a good optional topping to me, from one of the suggestions in the recipe.

I re-heated the refrigerated leftovers today, and it was a little thicker after sitting overnight in the fridge, but it didn't need thinning at all after it was heated up. So, it was just as good the next day, as soups and stews usually are.

PSST! I attached a picture of the Hatch Mild Chopped Green Chiles I found at Walmart for a decent price, below. It helps me when I know what something I'm looking for looks like... Just sharing, for anyone who wants to give it a try.

Click pic to enlarge it.
  :)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2024, 04:15:41 PM by baziunc »

kbshcb

« Reply #2138 on: March 03, 2024, 03:46:39 PM »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1764370404829696127

Wow, these winds have caused hundreds of thousands of dry tumbleweeds to pile up in South Jordan Utah neighborhoods. This video is insane.

We too have had strong winds today. Including a brushfire as far south as Waseca,MN visible here in the Twin Cities on radar.

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #2139 on: March 03, 2024, 04:00:55 PM »

tsk, I had to double check with Becky! They lived on Cornelia Ave. They were both going to school and working at Michael Reese. The Pizza place with the rooftop seating was Giordano's, she remembered that too! I had guessed both of those and she confirmed! We also went to a show at The Baton, I think it's still there! That would have been in the mid-eighties.

baz, I tell Kelsey I am 29 and that's what she tells everyone when it's my birthday! I tell her that now that she is 30 she is older than me...

Lani, those cute clerical puppies, bless them! Holy Rollers, as tsk said! We let the kittens out on the deck today. They were very wary, a loud car went by and they ran into the house. Very interested in the goings on at the bird feeders! It's 77 and windy and sunny! I remember Bandit, and before that Barkley. Sweet souls you will see some day in the distant future...

kb, tumbleweeds video is incredible! I have seen this in the past, they are so light they blow very easily. Can you imaging opening up your door to that!

Gŕeatest Of Our Time!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

baziunc

« Reply #2140 on: March 03, 2024, 04:22:47 PM »

Clynn, LOL, I remember you saying that about Kelsey being older than you now that she's 30!!  LOLOL!! I love it!  :D :D :-*  Oh, I also thought about your Kelsey while I was watching Caitlyn's game today. They were talking about how Jayce Sheldon is a big star on the Ohio State team, but that her little sister, Emmy, has also become a big star for that team! She's developmentally challenged, but loves to be in the crowd and on the sidelines cheering on her big sister, Jayce, and the rest of the Ohio State team, with a great smile, like she did during today's game.  :) :-* :-*

Clynn, maybe you saw her on TV today, but if not, here's a brief clip of her with her sister from a different game - not today's game... Just click on the "continue as a guest" on the pop-up when it comes up - you don't need to sign in to a tik tok acct to view it: https://www.tiktok.com/@goodnewscorrespondent/video/7327008394378841386

Clynn, but now I'm thinking I mis-remembered how old Sydney is on this birthday of hers!  Oops if I missed the correct number for her!!  :-[ 

baziunc

« Reply #2141 on: March 03, 2024, 04:39:19 PM »

:-* :-*

Good Night, Beakers. SED. Peace.

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #2142 on: March 03, 2024, 05:06:26 PM »

Lori, prayers for Jackie and Shadow, hope they can persevere. We need to see babies in that nest this year!  Lots of goodies and sweet dogs and cats! And the funny videos love the spa Dad and cat! I took this picture of Sam and Sophie from outside, looking into the front window. They were enjoying the sun! They are laying on a stack of games on shelves, the trees are a reflection on the window.

awww precious!!! Destini says hi to Sam and Sophie & Harley!!! love ya girl!

Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #2143 on: March 03, 2024, 05:09:44 PM »

LISA  After the Iowa game I laid down " for 30 min" and just woke up in time for dinner  LOLOL

BAZI   I was so impressed watching the women's NCAA game.  The girls just flow together like a dream with no one hogging the shots. Beautiful to watch.  We'll see how MU does in March Madness.    I love how that chili is plated.  Good recipe.

KB   Strong winds here too - Afraid the front window might blow in.  Our garbage bins blew over.  Tim just put bricks on them .  Can't imagine living where tumbleweed is so massive.

CLYNN   Kelsy  :-* :-*
Chicagoland

Puff

« Reply #2144 on: March 03, 2024, 05:11:00 PM »

Boy that's really a tumbleweed disaster.  I can see why there's a community ordinance about taking care of them.

tsk  I learned early on about sugars.  Mom's family where from Colorado, they did lots of share cropping ofwhite sugar beets.  Cane sugar is what I use an we an get here -  Domino.  Processed by burning.  Weird.

Did you get the summons from DuPage, no wait you're in Cook County?  When is that for, wheredo you have to go if you go?  I mentioned recently I just did my 4th call to duty, fall 2023.  Always interesting, although boring until you get selected.

Sorry to hear about thecold; that can be blamed on the crazy up and down temps recently.  Today/tomorrow 70's, then back down to 40's and 50's.  Lows dropping into 30's ----  Didn't unplug the birdbath.  Whew!  Have a hot toddy and crawl into bed early tonight.

P