Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 222482 times)

BrokenLug

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #630 on: January 18, 2024, 08:16:01 AM »

BL - Thank you so much!  Is my return trip on the 28th looking ok, too?

I don't really trust any forecasts more than say 4 days out .. so I'll post up your return trip weather here on like 01/25/2024.

Hopefully you will have some sort of internet access while you're mobile in Mobile to read the forum ?   ;D
U. S. A.

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #631 on: January 18, 2024, 09:02:22 AM »

Did someone ask if the tall snowman was photoshopped?
https://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/news/wild_art/foot-snowman-on-kagy/image_b28ba8a4-a0d4-11e4-8eaa-2bdb832b6e59.html

Lisa, it won't snow until around 1:00, and they are only saying 1-3" so unless something happens to the doctor it's a go today!

Phyl, rugged life in the 365 today ... Thanks for Amy's blog! Your Norcrest collection is valuable! I looked it up on eBay, the teapot sold for $120, egg cup $50, wall pocket planter $300, salt & pepper $70, and that is just in the last60-90 days.

BBL, getting ready for my appointment!
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Puff

« Reply #632 on: January 18, 2024, 09:04:56 AM »

Comment ala BL quote:

"Was it the smartest thing in the world to do probably not.
Would I do that with my kid heck no.  :)
But then again I've been buried in an avalanche and know 1st hand the feeling of confinement in the concrete of an avalanche .. this was air powder however."

I remember two things from my "episode" with older brothers (older and should have known better) showed up at home and Mom asked where their sister was.  Finally broke thru their smiles and confessed "We buried her in the snow at Vickers park." 

Mom:  Let's go right now!  How could you do that! 

When I was dug up they now were no longer thinking it was funny.  From that day forward when they had to "take care of your sister" they were watched/quizzed more. 

***An aside - I don't think Mom/Dad ever knew about the times they had to take me to the shows with them.  They'd duck down in the dark seating and run away and leave me for usher to find and comfort me.  And of course you must realize that they loved and picked all the scary movies.

When I was about 35 was when I tore up my ankle badly, had my first cast for 8 weeks.  Kept passing out until they cut the front open so I could slide out.  (Of course I no longer had a walking cast; had my first experience with The Stick.)
 Ton took me to ER and luckily doctor knew the solution and cause.  I had
 claustrophobia, from my stay under the snow is what probably stayed with me.  AND as I've aged it has gotten worse and worse.  Just to illustrate, even in the weather (and always) I avoid boots and even socks - feel trapped and buried alive.  There's even a CSI episode where Epps got buried in a coffin!  OMG  :'(

I've long since made the decision of cremation when I die.  If I ended up buried in the ground I'd die a second death and haunt the people who did it to me.

P     
« Last Edit: January 18, 2024, 09:19:30 AM by Puff »

BrokenLug

« Reply #633 on: January 18, 2024, 10:16:52 AM »

I here you on the claustrophobia Puff, it a debilitating condition and I too have it somewhat. 

When I was little maybe 4 or 5 my older brothers rolled me up in a large living room throw rug and left me there until my Mom heard me wailing and unrolled me. I think that's what gave the phobia to me.   ::)

Needles to say the 2 older bros were not happy campers when Dad got home from work and rolled them both up in the carpet for longer than I was in there .. paybacks a bi...   
U. S. A.

LisaG1967

« Reply #634 on: January 18, 2024, 10:20:31 AM »

BL - Thanks, and yep, will have some internet access while I am away.  Lord, I would go nuts if I didn't.  ;D

clynn - Good luck at appointment!

((Puff))

karengramke

« Reply #635 on: January 18, 2024, 10:21:20 AM »

Lisa, next week sometime our highs will be in the 70s  so Mobile should be as warm or warmer!   Bl, Mobile has good computer services so Lisa will be able to access every thing!   Lisa, you are too early for Mardi Gras!

There is an old saying, don’t throw the baby out with the dish water!  I spent several years in the Abuse and neglect  court in .chicago and posting of this type of video can be seen by folks who do not have good sense and these acts are repeated with poor  outcomes.  Not funny!   Jmho.

Clynn,  good visit today with a lot of  good information!   I have been to a retinologist and found the process very interesting!   Prayers

Remember a Chicago Mayor being  voted out of officedie to poor handling of snow removal!   Was in VN for the big snow of 66 but my Dad saved the newspapers for me!   What an event!

Boys In The Boat a good read!

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #636 on: January 18, 2024, 11:15:38 AM »

Seal Island Gray Seal Pupping - pics by H20-Explorer

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Eagles, I hope some of the rain you got, comes our way.  :)

{{{Clynn}}} I pray you get the answers you need to go forward... It'll be a long time before I can unsee that baby being thrown in the snow.... The Crowley Lake Stone Columns are stunning... Iowa Roads  ;D

Phyl, thanks for nature video.... thanks for history of Kansas blizzard, I sent it on to Mike... beautiful front cover of Decorah Calendar.

{{{Puff}}} I hear you  :( :-* I'll send you a pm about my phobia created in a very abusive way.

Karen, how did the interview go?
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

karengramke

« Reply #637 on: January 18, 2024, 11:20:33 AM »

Tsk, the gal I interviewed and hired yesterday has been a house keeper for .dr. hall for 6  years!   Coincidently she is a friend ofJackie, across the  street!

Lani

« Reply #638 on: January 18, 2024, 11:33:54 AM »

Karen, did it go well?
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #639 on: January 18, 2024, 11:48:18 AM »

BL  You come from a very adventuresome family  ;D   Dad was definitely following the  " Do Unto Others"...rule  ;) ;)
Yes I think being rolled up in a rug would be very traumatic as well.

LISA  What a pretty AM mug today  :)  Hope your FIL does well with his day surgery tomorrow.. :-*

CLYNN  Snowman not photoshopped - Leave it to the engineers. ;)

PUFF   YIKES  Your siblings were kind of rough on you and now we see why you may have those claustrophobic tendencies.  :o :o

LANI   Seal Island pups  ;D

KAREN   That is how I would love to get a housekeeper - " word of mouth".  Sounds like it should work out well for you.

Today was Tim's 7th day of a very bad cold and the second day of a fever not significantly helped by Tylenol.  So off he went early to the Urgent care clinic in town - He has strep.  Will pick up amoxicillin at noon...sigh.  Here's praying.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2024, 11:53:07 AM by tsk34 »
Chicagoland

karengramke

« Reply #640 on: January 18, 2024, 01:41:18 PM »

Lani, yes it wentwell!

BrokenLug

« Reply #641 on: January 18, 2024, 03:05:19 PM »

Have faith my Beaker friends some temperature 'moderation' is a coming from this 'Polar Plunge'.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/01/19/weather/winter-pattern-cold-temperatures-climate/index.html

I wouldn't break out the bikinis just yet, but it will warm up a bit.   ;)

Try to stay toasty my friends. The days are getting longer after all.   8)

I see some brutal cold forecast Wind Chill Temps in Iowa particularly on Saturday morning.
-27° F @ Des Moines and -31° near OG.   ::)   

I'd let the neighborhood squirrel eat my Sat morning news paper with the 'Banner Headline' to tell me it's fn cold outside before I got dressed to retrieve it from the neighbors bush.   ;) 

Do be extra careful there.
That's no joke danger Temps and I ain't never ever been outside enough to tell you all. 

This post's 4 images are Wind Chill Temps for the next 4 days at 7am EST.

2nd post 4 images are Ambient Low Temps at said date.

3rd post 4 images are Ambient High Temps at said date.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2024, 02:08:08 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

BrokenLug

« Reply #642 on: January 18, 2024, 03:07:12 PM »

Low Temps 01/19 - 01/22.

Pics got out of date order - mind the date on the image.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2024, 04:16:34 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

BrokenLug

« Reply #643 on: January 18, 2024, 03:10:08 PM »

High Temps 01/19 - 01/22.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2024, 04:14:15 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

Lani

« Reply #644 on: January 18, 2024, 03:47:00 PM »

karen, good  :)

BL, I'm surprised we didn't get any of the moisture from Oregon. Thanks for update.

The tree's going to be OK' | Maui arborist provides update on Lahaina's famous Banyan tree

Between 15% to 20% of Lahaina's famous Banyan tree has died and will need to be removed, but the tree as a whole is going to survive. Maui arborist Duane Sparkman spoke with Island News to provide an update on the efforts to bring back the old town's symbolic tree.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9KmwnJgFoE