Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 544229 times)

BrokenLug

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #510 on: January 15, 2024, 11:07:52 AM »

BL - Great idea!....I will do that tomorrow.

I found a plated date etc. that had fallen off it and took a pic of it. Sorry for the glare of my light.

She/he is 50 inches long and 29 3/4 lbs.

The date says Jan 2, 2000 which is interesting to me anyway.

I know Scott said it took the taxidermist an entire year to do what he did with the fish...and not to call him, he'd call Scott when done and he did. Is that what it's called, taxidermy?..I only know embalming, LOL

We met I'm guessing mid 2000 and married in 2001..the fish came with him to my house Dec, 2001.
He loved loved loved to tell that fish story and got very animated when he did so!

I'd only add the map should maybe be laminated..He has laminated topo maps of local lakes I still have but not of Rush or others and they've held up well.

Thanks so much

kb that is awesome that you found the copper plaque for Scott's Muskie Mount.    ;D

Re attach it to the wood permanently some how .  8)
And yes Taxidermy.

I'd only add the map should maybe be laminated..He has laminated topo maps of local lakes I still have but not of Rush or others and they've held up well.

I have been using this product on my paper topographical map quadrangles for 25+ years.
Pull the map out in the pouring rain no problem .. unfold/fold the map 500 times no problem ..   :)

https://www.aquaseal.com/products.aspx?pagename=Product%20Details&itemid=3789&prodid=92576&pagetitle=Aquaseal-Map-Seal---8oz.
U. S. A.

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #511 on: January 15, 2024, 11:13:08 AM »

Happy Birthday Jilltosa!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #512 on: January 15, 2024, 11:20:33 AM »

Happy birthday Jilltosa! Sending you hugs and best wishes! :-*

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

kbshcb

« Reply #513 on: January 15, 2024, 11:28:27 AM »

BL - Great idea!....I will do that tomorrow.

I found a plated date etc. that had fallen off it and took a pic of it. Sorry for the glare of my light.

She/he is 50 inches long and 29 3/4 lbs.

The date says Jan 2, 2000 which is interesting to me anyway.

I know Scott said it took the taxidermist an entire year to do what he did with the fish...and not to call him, he'd call Scott when done and he did. Is that what it's called, taxidermy?..I only know embalming, LOL

We met I'm guessing mid 2000 and married in 2001..the fish came with him to my house Dec, 2001.
He loved loved loved to tell that fish story and got very animated when he did so!

Thanks so much

kb that is awesome that you found the copper plaque for Scott's Muskie Mount.    ;D

Re attach it to the wood permanently some how .  8)
And yes Taxidermy.

I have been using this product on my paper topographical map quadrangles for 25+ years.
Pull the map out in the pouring rain no problem .. unfold/fold the map 500 times no problem ..   :)

https://www.aquaseal.com/products.aspx?pagename=Product%20Details&itemid=3789&prodid=92576&pagetitle=Aquaseal-Map-Seal---8oz.

Thanks, BL - saved info.
Will do on the plaque re-attaching.

Happy Bird Day Jilltosa!

Well All....I'm officially bored probably for the first time this winter....think I'll just take a nappy poo...cause, why not!

BrokenLug

« Reply #514 on: January 15, 2024, 11:35:26 AM »

That a girl.   :)
U. S. A.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #515 on: January 15, 2024, 11:35:38 AM »

KB   Quokka has the right idea.  Good scrabble word  LOL   You may need to start another puzzle.  ;) ;)

GOSH LORI  That cupcake looks great - I'm starving  ;) ;)

OLDGUY   Decadent dessert for JILLTOSA  :o

LANI   Beautiful gif for JILLTOSA  :o :)
Chicagoland

Lani

« Reply #516 on: January 15, 2024, 11:38:02 AM »

📺 SLOTH TV

🦥Sloth Preschool Update:
Moose, two-fingered sloth:
He is taking well to a full-smoothie diet and currently weighs 702 grams. He is growing, eating well, and remains active–a healthy baby all around!
Grover, two-fingered sloth: He is on a full smoothie diet now and is over 700 grams. Grover is healthy and stable.
Binx, two-fingered sloth: Currently at 900 grams, will hopefully graduate to Sloth Elementary soon! We have noticed some potential symptoms of a health issue, so she is being closely monitored at this time.
Elmo, two-fingered sloth: Nearing 900 grams and growing fast! He is stable and enjoying time on the sloth playground.
Fergus, three-fingered sloth: Fergus is undergoing nebulization treatments for potential pnuemonia. He has a reserved prognosis at this time.

NEW ARRIVAL Nazli, two-fingered sloth: Nazli came to us after her mom was electrocuted. She has a wound on her nose, potentially from the fall from the powerline. She currently weighs 418 grams but has been steadily growing. She is still spending nights in an incubator and has a reserved prognosis at this time.
NEW ARRIVAL JJ, two-fingered sloth: JJ was found alongside his electrocuted mother with no obvious signs of injury. He is eating well and has a fiesty personality. He is a little over 400 grams and has been spending nights in an incubator.

🌳Sloth Elementary Update:
Ken, two-fingered sloth:
Ken has taken well to smoothie and is gaining weight. Introducing leaves to his diet and spending more time on the Sloth Playground!
Phoenix, two-fingered sloth: Slightly underweight for his age, but stable and growing. We are keeping a close eye on his leaf intake and making sure he gets enough smoothie.
Roo, two-fingered sloth: Roo is eating more leaves and is almost fully weaned off smoothie! Spending more time in an outdoor enclosure.

🎓Sloth University Update:
Coco, two-fingered sloth:
Currently in one of our largest sloth pre-release enclosures, eating well and likely the next to be released.
Pax, two-fingered sloth: Pax was recently moved to one of our largest sloth pre-release enclosures. He is growing fast!
Myrtle & Spike, two-fingered sloths: Neck and neck in weight, competing to see who will be next to go to the pre-release enclosure. We are getting ready for them to graduate to the next stage!
Antonio, two-fingered sloth: Our smallest graduate, but working hard to catch up to the others. He is stable and growing well.

🥀In Loving Memory: :-*
Liana, two-fingered sloth: Liana has encountered a bump on her road to release and was transferred back to HQ for a period while she is being treated for severe anemia. We are working hard to get her healthy again, but she has a reserved prognosis at this time.

Update Mimi, two-fingered sloth: Officially over the 500 gram mark and is slowly being weaned onto smoothie.
Mimi is adapting well to life without a hand and has been learning to climb. We are so impressed with her progress so far!  :-*

New baby JJ - feisty boy!  8)

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

« Last Edit: January 15, 2024, 11:43:15 AM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

BrokenLug

« Reply #517 on: January 15, 2024, 12:01:41 PM »

BL - Yep, that is my drive, and TY!!  :D

karen - I love that drive along I-10...hardly any traffic, and you can go fast.  ;D

Looks like smooth sailing LisaG.    :)
U. S. A.

Puff

« Reply #518 on: January 15, 2024, 12:19:43 PM »

Lani  I found out recently that my niece loves the sloths.  What is the sight you watch?

P

Lani

« Reply #519 on: January 15, 2024, 12:47:09 PM »

Lani  I found out recently that my niece loves the sloths.  What is the sight you watch?

P

Hi Puff, Here are links:

Toucan Rescue Ranch on Explore.org

Toucan TV
Heredia Province, Costa Rica

https://www.explore.org/livecams/sloth/toucan-tv

We are a small, dedicated team. We ask for kindness and patience as we post updates. We strive to update the explore.org community biweekly.

If there have been changes, we will work with our veterinarians and caregivers to develop thorough and complete conclusions about illnesses and deaths before announcing anything. You are watching a nursery hospital, and there are developments on these animals' health daily.

Our mission and the eventual goal for each animal (you grow to love on this camera) is destined for a life in the wild. From the bottom of our hearts, we understand how easy it is to become emotionally attached to these remarkable animals. But at the end of the day, they are wild animals who deserve the best chance at life back in their home - the rainforest! As we grow to love these animals, we hope you can also understand the joy of moving them through our various rewilding programs to have a full life #backinthetrees.

Follow us on Social Media for more regular updates!
@ToucanRescue @ToucanRescueRanch.    https://toucanrescueranch.org/

Sloth TV
Heredia Province, Costa Rica - Nursery

https://www.explore.org/livecams/sanctuaries/sloth-cam

Sloth TV Playground Cam
Heredia Province, Costa Rica

https://www.explore.org/livecams/currently-live/playground-cam

karengramke

« Reply #521 on: January 15, 2024, 01:39:48 PM »

Blue  Monday  was a hit song in 1983 by a British singing group!  Clynn I love the red in your morning post!  So pretty and cheerful!   Put on a red shirt today!    Lani, bright red flower in your greeting to Jiltisa!    Thanks for the sloth report!

Jiltosa, Happy Birthday and enjoy your day!   Sorry to say that I ate the cake Old Guy posted for you!  It was delicious!

Old  Guy,  thanks for the BlueGrass Music!   It   took me back to my days in Asheville, North Carolina and Friday  nights during the summer with “Mountain Music”  and clog dancing !  Good times. And I wonder if they still do this  on the Green!

Muskies, My mother was the parent who caught  them, summers in Northern Wisconsin and my Dad  caught the bigger walleyes.   I grew up eating both if them, cooked a lot of different ways.  I like fried walleyes and do not care for Muskie!  Believe me, as a chicken eater I can assure you it does not taste like chicken!   Fried alligator tail does taste like chicken!
Lisa, good that the coasts are clear for your up coming
trip!  Interesting that you can get on I10 in Jacksonville. fl and go all the way to Los Angeles!

kbshcb

« Reply #522 on: January 15, 2024, 02:04:12 PM »

The Lee A. Tregurtha arriving in Duluth, MN just moments ago!
As the Great Lakes Shipping season comes to an end, the Lee A. Tregurtha makes one last pass through the Duluth Canal before its winter layup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfyQeVXoyzw
4 days ago in Superior WI
She delivers taconite...a WW2 ship still in service.

Did take a 45 min nappy poo....
However, I do think my pup, Ollie man, is telepathic..no I'm not kidding. We are quiet. He can "see" through floors.

Because he was occupying my whole bed I tried to nap on my couch. Not 5 minutes later he's upstairs sitting on the floor next to me staring/begging....okay, okay. Come on up...and up he came to nap with me. :) :)
BTW, I adore him.

I forgot to add....we have no snow on our roofs....snow is such a great insulator but with no snow these temps feel much colder inside the house..waiting for next weekend ;)

« Last Edit: January 15, 2024, 02:18:21 PM by kbshcb »

LisaG1967

« Reply #523 on: January 15, 2024, 02:24:16 PM »

Good Morning/Afternoon Beakers

We are having our first snow today, nothing like the rest of you all have got tho.  It is a dusting at the moment, but they are saying possibly 1 to 3 inches. 

Oops...just realize that my post has been sitting here all morning, so added more to it!  ::)

baz - Good to see you!  How is the new fridge?

karen - Leather legs in Florida!  ;D ;D

E4E - Brrr, 9 degrees in TX!  The State use to give "snow days", but ever since the pandemic and they were allowed to work from home then, the State did away with "snow days" and just said telework from home if you can.

Phyl - Stay safe and warm with all that snow you got, and are going to get.  Thanks for the 365.  Interesting about Blue Monday. 

Lani - Love that good night pic.

clynn - Love the decorate a tree for wildlife.  I actually has seen that done on one of the Hallmark shows a few Christmas' ago.   I am looking forward to seeing my mom.  Aww, I bet your Mom will be so surprised that you all will be there for her 90th. 

tsk - BRRR -13°  :o

kb - Cute lil Quokka.  Great pic of The Lee A. Tregurtha

Lani - Thanks for the TRR update. 

BL - YES, I'll take those temps, after today!! (doing a happy dance)   ;D

karen - That is on my bucket list for a drive!  Thank goodness I like to drive.   ;D

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #524 on: January 15, 2024, 02:53:14 PM »

LANI   So sad when they find these baby sloths near electrocuted Moms  :'(   Noticing they are all 2 fingered sloth except one.

KAREN   Fried alligator tail???

LISA   How much snow do you usually get in a year?
Chicagoland