Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 315589 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #150 on: January 05, 2024, 07:05:45 PM »

Paul Iribe (1883-1935), Nautilus chair, 1914.

BL  be safe and warm---cuddle with Pip and Kopje .  ;)

Bazi  Are your ears 'burning'?  ;D   

Karen LOL Me and Pablo Picasso.   You know I was getting concerned myself, being most fearful that Zippo  may have locked Bazi inside  fridge for 'some' reason.   :-\ LOL

Tsk  the BBs are  Eastern Bluebirds  and here all the time. I'm just too busy to notice mostly. But, when I do notice I'll snap 'em.  However, I shall say in 'O2 they had moved do to loss of habitat from new construction, 22yrs ago.
 I sure wish Kia would download my system updates to my Samsung ---so I could do the same as  you.  Their service dept. reminded us of an oil change---I said I didn't have my coupons and no $$$ today.  I'm gonna have to do that I know.

Dinner tonight:  cooked, peeled and deveined tail on shrimp w/ lots of cocktail sauce, stuffed clams w/ lobster/clam  filling, buttered /olive oiled and pesto seasoned spaghetti, green salad of romaine, baby  spinach and kale w/ diced fresh romas, creamy Caesar dressing. Dessert is marbled9 chocolate/yellow) cake with vanilla frosting on top then sliced. Lots of wine or brew. And some comedy from Rob Schneider, Rosanne Barr,. Jimmy Failla, Six Glasses and anyone else I can find.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2024, 06:01:23 PM by Phyl »
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#Istandwith Evan

Phyl

« Reply #151 on: January 05, 2024, 07:10:10 PM »

Good Night Everyone...SEDs   

#Istandwith Evan

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #152 on: January 05, 2024, 07:47:45 PM »

Hi Beakers!

Kb - Love the story from Lavin and the picture of Owl sitting on his car - so special!!!! ;D   Liked the story of the 'pretend fireplace' and the Norwegian craftsman. ;D   Glad your Postman is okay.  Hope you & Ollie had a nice safe walk. :)

Tsk - Enjoy watching those good 'ol shows!!  Sometimes, we watch the older tv shows too!  I bet your Dad knew just how to make you kids a hot toddy during those terrible colds! :)  Bedtime is the perfect time!

Phyl - Love the picture of the 5 comedians!!   Thank you for good wishes for my mom! :)   Lots of Sandpipers in 365  :)   They talked with a doctor this morning on the Today Show about the lingering coughs that folks are having.  Apparently there are a lot of people in the same boat as Jim.  It is just taking time to get over the cough.  Some can have coughs for over 8 weeks!

Lani - Thank you for mentioning my Mom.  She keeps trudging along and continues to take care too.

LisaG - Thank you so much  :)

Clynn - This how the fall occurred;  Mom has a little clothes line strung across the bathtub that she hangs things up on to finish drying - so she has a little rug draped on the rim of the bathtub - she went to reach for the article of clothing and was leaning against the mat that is draped on the tub, and the mat slipped, and that's when my mom fell into the tub, but she did not fall all the way in as she was able to grab ahold of one of the safety handles that Kris had previously mounted on the wall of the tub/shower area.  But she somehow banged her knee pretty hard.  Hopefully she will be able to heal okay - although it is taking a long time as this happened in Oct.  I hope you don't mind my explanation of how the fall occurred as there are probably others here who might have wondered how it happened.
That's right about the old telephone party lines; our phone would have a certain ring too!  Neighbors were always listening to the conversations! Lol!

Lani - Great updates on the Sloths - such cuties - great pictures!   This week sure went by so fast with Aly & Dewey, and can't believe its already time for her to head home tomorrow.  Wishing Aly & Dewey safe travels. :-*   So special for those treasures you are giving her to take home!

Tig - That is good that the Stye is already feeling better.  Hope all of you had a nice day exchanging gifts.  Definitely hugs {{Tig}}

Karen - Doctor told my mom that he hopes she can get relief with using Arthritic Tylenol.  He is not keen on her having knee replacement surgery - which is what he would recommend if she were younger.  She is 86.
Temps in your area sound good!

Baz - How is your new fridge?! ;D  Did Zippo have a nice birthday? :)

Hi Lori, Bl, Og  :)

Beakers have a safe, warm, evening.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #153 on: January 05, 2024, 11:40:53 PM »

Phyl, sweet Sandpipers waiting for the tide to fall... sweet Bluebird  ;D ... delicious dinner.

Lisa, it is a jungle out there!  ;D ... the weatherman has been the same here. We were suppose to get snow, and ended up with neither snow or rain.

Tsk, awww poor Jimmy!  :( ... I don't think they will release Mimi... I hope you and Tim are doing well.

Clynn, Loved your morning pics... she's been deviled! LOL! ... Smb took a beautiful photo of E24! Look at that healthy crop on the baby!  ;D ... interesting the way Denmark designs its suburbs.

Kb, love Great Grey Owls, they look like old ministers.... fireplaces  ;D ... love the peacock pair... glad the mail is okay.... I hope you and Ollie had a good walk.

{{{Tig}}} I hope you had a good visit with Camper's sister, her husband and child.... sending a great big hug!  :-*

Karen, interesting about Baz, I hope not... I thought about the walkways to the homes in Denmark too. Such a long walk to the house in cold weather. And looks like they can only have one car.

BL, I checked on Oregon's weather on the weather link you provided it's rain or snow Aly will be driving into. Thank you for link... You, pup and Piper stay warm and safe.

Eagles, Your mom was very lucky she was able to grab onto the safety handles Kris put up or it may have been worse. She's been through a lot in the past few months. Bless her.  :-*

Good night!

Praying for Peace

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Clynn, Eagle's mom, Tig, Phyl and Jim, Karen and Piper, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Baz, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Puff, Jicaji, Lori and her grandma Clute, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Manaaki, UQ and the Royal Albatross fleet, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, and lost 2023 cubs, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all those like her, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

« Reply #154 on: January 06, 2024, 06:16:44 AM »

Good Morning Everyone... Happy Caturday ! 

Currently 39F     High  41F sunny,  Low 637F 

Lani   cute Snoopy/Woodstock; again safe travels for Aly

BL  got it.

KB  a good walk for you and the Olliemann?

Prayers for:   Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats; Linda and Ian, My  Alter prayer list
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2024, 06:39:25 AM by Phyl »

#Istandwith Evan

Puff

« Reply #155 on: January 06, 2024, 06:23:54 AM »

E4E  8 weeks?!  Cough up to 8 weeks. I'm just starting my third week here.  Madonna Mia!  It has eased a bit, but only a bit; not bad unless I move.   :-[

I like hearing about all those hugs going around, given here and there for comfort and showing love/concern.  I've been a big promoter since 2022.  I think, and I found out, they are the #1 remedy for so much.

P

Phyl

« Reply #156 on: January 06, 2024, 06:27:10 AM »

Nature 365:

https://www.nature365.tv/video/2024-01-06-facing-the-waves
https://www.nature365.tv/

Waders gathered on the shore at high tide / Brittany, France.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2024, 06:01:55 PM by Phyl »

#Istandwith Evan

Phyl

« Reply #157 on: January 06, 2024, 06:37:04 AM »

E4E  8 weeks?!  Cough up to 8 weeks. I'm just starting my third week here.  Madonna Mia!  It has eased a bit, but only a bit; not bad unless I move.   :-[

I like hearing about all those hugs going around, given here and there for comfort and showing love/concern.  I've been a big promoter since 2022.  I think, and I found out, they are the #1 remedy for so much.

P

Howdy Puff!
I'm up---oh duh!   LOL
Jim stiill in bed and he's been coughing 24/7. Nothing helps I fear he'll ruputre his 'wind pipe'  if he doesn't get some help. Matters worse since no availability  for doc appt. But, time  gets shorter and his appt  for next  week draws ever closer. Do take care yourself!   

#Istandwith Evan

Phyl

« Reply #158 on: January 06, 2024, 06:39:09 AM »

#Istandwith Evan

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #159 on: January 06, 2024, 07:48:34 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!  It's CATURDAY!

Phyl, wormhole, LOLOL! Those waders in the 365 are like the Sandpipers here, love watching them. Kind of like a wet murmuration!  Great poker cat pic! It sure seems like Dr appointments are set much farther out than they used to be, unless you have an emergency! I called in early October to make my annual appointment, got December 5th. Then they called near the end of November and said they needed to change it, to February 16th! So when I went to my Dr, for this eye emergency they said 'it's been over a year since we have seen you'!  Hope Jim can get some relief, I bet his ribs hurt from coughing...

Lani, thinking of you this morning...  I looked up the Muppets and Smurf glassware on eBay. the Muppets are worth some $$$. The Smurfs not so much. But the memories are priceless, I have many things that I could sell but am not interested. Erin can do that when I am gone...  ;D

E4E, I am glad you explained how your Mom fell, you have made us aware of little thigs to watch out for! Like when I pulled up the shower mat and just laid it back down. I stepped on it and it slid because I didn't make sure the little suction cups were set. I slipped but caught myself. Now I make sure it's secure when I get in! After Mom had her back surgery we did a few things around the house to help. First was to convert the bathtub to a walk-in shower. She has a shower chair she sits on and 3 safety bars. We got her front load washer, and both washer and dryer on pedestals. They already had the Acorn stair lifts because of my Dad. So she is pretty well set. She will be 90 this year.

tsk, we have FETV, I watch it a lot! I would be mad if Dish removed it! We also used to have METV, which also had a lot of good old shows, and it's been gone for several months now. I don't think there is anywhere that you can pick the stations you want, you have to find a package that has what you want included. Not easy.  ::)

baz, are you still filling up your fridge?

karen, the kittens are doing fine! My aunt June, she never got any vaccines, she has bad reaction to a lot of meds, her Dr. tested her, it was negative for covid.  He thinks she may have had it and thought it was a cold. It could be that she is in long covid, or maybe just taking a long time to get over it because of her age (87).

Lisa, hope your Mom is doing well!

Zumon Lighthouse on the Brittany coast of France        Reminded me of willi...

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

kbshcb

« Reply #160 on: January 06, 2024, 08:01:12 AM »

Fits right in!..in the picture I mean, LOL.

Morning all.

Phyl - yesterdays walk was very good, roads were mostly dry. Just kept an eye out for a stray ice spot.
Last night we got a similar round of sleet/ice/snow..maybe 1/2 inch less so I'm glad I went yesterday. All should melt today if it gets above 32.....heading into a polar vortex territory next week so will try more walking in the next few.

I did notice yesterday while walking an awful lot of city vehicles including a patrol...that always makes me happy but then last night there was an attempted robbery with gun displayed literally a block away from me in a CVS parking lot just after dark. Woman got away. The night before 2 businesses robbed 6 blocks north of me...A grocery and dominoes...also with guns.
Brazen crime is heading into town here. It has these last few years but now with weapons. Course, none of this is on the news. I read it from victims on social media and crime specific pages..
Have no idea if I saw the city vehicles yesterday while walking because of this uptick or not.

Hanging loosey goosey in the house today.

Forgot Phyl - it sounds like Jim needs some steroids to me with just a call from doc to pharmacy. Mine would do that though she knows me for 30 years....Maybe he's tried that and I forgot?.
Anyway I hope for some relief for him soon...

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #161 on: January 06, 2024, 08:22:23 AM »

IT'S CATURDAY EVERYONE

BL  Hunker down  :o

PHYL   How often do you go to the grocery store or does Jim bring home the goods from your list?  ;) ;)  Loved the AM blue cat.  ;D     "wormhole"  ;D

EAGLES   How awful for Mom - She never expected that would happen.  Bone bruises can be like fractures in how long it takes to heal.   :(

LANI   Peanuts is so wise

CLYNN   Love your comparison - murmuration.  Yes FETV was my go to if nothing else was on.. :'( :'(  I love lighthouse pics.  That one was very powerful.

KB  Cute AM photo  :)  Pretty scary in your neighborhood..... ???

Got some snow overnight - Covering the grass and thick on the trees -

« Last Edit: January 06, 2024, 10:11:16 AM by tsk34 »
Chicagoland

Puff

« Reply #162 on: January 06, 2024, 08:37:59 AM »

tsk From the pole feeder I'm guessing 1 to 1 1/2 " when I got up.  That's gone down because of misty stuff falling/melting.  Heard that you had less up north.  Latest local from wunderground says 31 degrees.

karengramke

« Reply #163 on: January 06, 2024, 09:44:11 AM »

Good morning and Happy Caturday!   Rain over night and none in the forecasts for today , but cloudy!   High of 70!   Down to50s tomorrow!   Lol, up and down! 
Funny am cartoons!  Love, in and out to the vet and home and the  card player! 
Good pictures of the kitties Clynn!   Your Mother is set up well!  Aunt June, not so good!  Lighthouse🥸
Eagles, can your sister help your mother with hard to reach items?  I am guessing they have grabbers around!   They are very helpful!
My grandmothers both lived to 94 and 96 and neither of them fell, had walkers, canes, or the like!  Amazing, thinking back!
Baz, check in please!

karengramke

« Reply #164 on: January 06, 2024, 09:54:42 AM »

Wow!  Sun is breaking thru the clouds!  It is going to be a great day! 
Lani, safetraveks to Aly and Dewey!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 394   Go Up