Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 680039 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #8280 on: October 10, 2024, 08:22:27 AM »

Good Morning Everyone!

Currently: 54F sunny , High  80F mostly,  with  Low 50F

Hope everyone had a pleasant evening and some SEDs.  Praying for  SWFL and  Ft. Myers nests  and  those in the path of Hurrican Milton.

I have been reading the GSB thread---catch up mostly. Read a nice bit of info on U90 the  female Perigrine who's been visiting Newman. She's  named 'Elaine' and hails  from South Bend, Indiana

Also---  Like everyone here---I've just check the cams there at Pritchett Farms and Cam #3 and Pond are up----so is nest although a bit worse for wear. I thought there was suppose to be an eaglet? Probably just me thinking.
Yes---hoping Wiskernwings well and safe. And, eager for her report.

Tsk  daylight brings out some harsh realities. Esp. in storms.  I've not checked FNC about Hurricane Milton. Every time the TV in the bed
room is turned on the breaker for the M. BR goes 'off' but only half way in it's position in breaker box. Still have to go to garages and 'filp it'. LOL
As I've not been awake long just not willing to trod downstairs and out int garage in my bed clothes. Gosh! Do I feel rotten---turned alarm off at 5:45AM and went back to sleep. Any way, here I am.  ;D

{{{Karen}}}  CLynn      Jim's better. The issue was a teeny-tiny particle in his lungs. His Doc' s  NP gave him a weeks' supply of Trilolgy, Mucenx and antibiotics.  All that bothers him now is the nasal drippiness and resulting cough. 
Me on the other hand just got antibiotics ...sinuses draining--the wrong way. LOL      We're  sort of a matched pair that's for sure--- ;D

Yes. I heard about that retirement community getting hit by tornado ---so sad ---folks lost their parents, grand parents and aunt / uncles when
that happened.

Prayers for:  Victims of Hurricanes Milton and  Helene . And, those who rescue them; SWFL and  Ft. Myers nests  and  those in the path of Tropical Storm  Milton ;The Fallen of Abbey Gate, Vietnam, Korean Conflict, WWI and II; Police and First Responders.  Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people.   'Little Gray' and 'Little One' ...All abandoned, abused , lost cats ... stray, unloved, homeless stray and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . As always, Beakers, Cheerios and RRP and families.🙏 s

Well, I best get the day started.

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #8282 on: October 10, 2024, 08:26:26 AM »

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

karengramke

« Reply #8283 on: October 10, 2024, 10:08:47 AM »

Wiskernwingsreported on facebook!   The cam operatorsaid F23 spent some of thenight nestled in the nest! Both seen surveying the nest this mirning and seem fine!   Good news.

LisaG1967

« Reply #8284 on: October 10, 2024, 10:09:33 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

I hope all who have friends or family in FL have heard from them, and that they made out OK.  We have been watching Facebook for the friends and family that we know in FL, and all have posted they are OK, just some are without electric, as I would have expected. 

clynn - The Sydney kids are looking good!  Thanks for the info on the SWFL cam. 

karen - Hope your friend evacuated to her son's too.  Sad to hear about the tornado hitting the retirement community.

tsk - Cute Happy Fall greeting.  Has Barb heard how her condo made out?

Phyl - Sounds like you and Jim are on the mend.  Hoping you both feel better each day.  Thanks for the 365.

tig, Puff, kb and all - Morning  :D

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #8285 on: October 10, 2024, 10:40:03 AM »

Good Morning  :)

Lani, tsk Phyl and clynn, Thank you for the continued prayers for family. Much appreciated.

Phyl, I hope Jim, you and cutie Maggie are feeling better. I like your Brambleberry Woods photos from the other day.

karen, I hope your vertigo is better or getting better.

Lisa, I like your Autumn morning photo today.

I wish all the Beak Room a pleasant day. I send prayers to each of you and your families too. We all can always use a prayer.

Take care.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #8286 on: October 10, 2024, 11:25:38 AM »

CLYNN  I checked your link at 11:17 - not available??  I agree about those trailer parks.  :o

KAREN  My friend in Bradenton is OK  Finally went to bed at 2:30 AM  She is without power.

PHYL   Glad your household is in the recover mode  :)  :-*     Interesting about how strong can hurricanes get.

LISA   All's well in Naples and they dodged a bullet again!  They have a planned flight down there on Oct 25th.  Glad they aren't going down for a clean-up.  :o

PAULIE   Hope bro is doing OK.  :-*
Chicagoland

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #8287 on: October 10, 2024, 11:50:38 AM »

Karen and All!
Wskrnswings Facebook Update on M & F - 10:24am Cam-op report: M & F to nest “taking inventory”.. F to attic and M still in nest.
Good morning everyone. Thank you for all your thoughtful comments and prayers. I am fine, my home is good and our eagles are good. (Cams remain offline but F23 was seen nestled in the nest overnight by our faithful cam-ops) Love you all!!

CROW update

Treating wildlife through the hurricane. Here is a look into our temporary setup at our off-island evacuation locations. Our staff continues to care for our patients through the storm, including this Brown Pelican that was admitted to BluePearl Pet Hospital today. BluePearl is currently serving as our only dropoff location through the storm.
Our thoughts are with all our fellow Floridians impacted by Hurricane Milton. Wishing shelter and safety to all affected.

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Eagles4, Lisa, Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

I pray everyone's Florida family and friends are safe and well.
Mike's Sarasota Bro/Sil are fine. No electricity at the B&B, but lots of debri and damage in area... A gulf coast neighbor decided to stay in their home... At 10pm East time, neighbor was fine and so was bro's home. Bro was hoping to return to his home earlier this morning. We haven't heard from him this morning. Mike's in Houston.

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #8288 on: October 10, 2024, 12:39:10 PM »

tsk, I fixed the link, Here it is:  https://dickpritchettrealestate.com/southwest-florida-eagle-cam/?cam=3

Lani, thanks for the update in CROW! I hope their home isn't damaged too much... SWFL looks good, now we just need to see the birds! Good to hear that Mike's brother's home is safe.

Phyl,a teeny tiny particle in his lung! A girl I worked, her dad (79) was in the hospital and in an x-ray they saw something in one of his lungs. Turned out it was a peanut he had choked on when he was 6! The 365 of the cranes reminded me of Iceline's pics of the Sandhills in Crex Meadows:

NEFL nest is being reported as okay, just flooding in the area!

BYC (BackYardChickens)  · Samantha Fuller  · The chickens are as safe as we can make them from Milton!!

Roses blooming in the mud of River Arts District, Asheville, NC. October
5, 2024.  Posted by Gary Alan Mccracken.
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #8289 on: October 10, 2024, 01:50:52 PM »

some bounce

FWIW... some local officials advised folks to not return home yet... because of debris, downed power lines and in some instances broken glass from balconies all over the street.

Back to yard werk...

We might go find the northern lights tonight...
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

LisaG1967

« Reply #8290 on: October 10, 2024, 01:58:09 PM »

Phyl - When I heard that U/09's name was Elaine I had to laugh, cause the first thing I thought of was Newman & Elaine from Seinfeld.   ;D ;D

paulie - Thank you  :)

tsk - Glad to hear all is well in Naples!  I hope B&T have a safe trip down on the 25th. 

Lani - Glad to hear that Mike's brother is OK, and so is his home.  Thanks for the SWFL and CROW update.  :)

clynn - Glad to hear that NEFL is good too!  LOL, the backyard chickens!  I know my nephews wife would do the same for her chickens. She loves those chickens.

tig - Hope you get to see the lights  :)

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #8291 on: October 10, 2024, 02:27:52 PM »

Hi Beakers!  :)

Glad to hear most all of the Beakers' FL family and friends are accounted for and safe.

I'm good. Seems like many of my neighbors are sick - 2 with covid, another waiting for covid test results. Another neighbor has shingles, and I've been helping her place the lidocaine patches on her back and side. She has many significant health issues, and so this is piled on top of the others she is dealing with. Another great neighbor, who rents the unit across the parking lot from me, found out the owner of her unit is going to need it back for a family member to use, so that neighbor is scurrying around looking for a place to move to that she can afford on her own... a difficult task. I hate it for her, and hate to see her go. She loves living where she is currently renting and is very sad to have to move. My Lil Sis (not my Mtns Sis) has a raging sore throat, as of yesterday morning, and feels bad. I'm waiting to hear from her today to see if she went to get tested for strep/flu. She tested negative at home for covid, and will repeat that test in the recommended 48-hr time period.

Good grief!

I'm heading out to the grocery store.

Take care, (((All))).

Prayers for All in the path of the storms and other natural disasters, and in need of Comfort, Healing, and Peace.
  :-*

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #8292 on: October 10, 2024, 06:46:58 PM »

PHYL  Forgot to mention -  Loved your fall berries this AM

LANI   Golly, it looks like Crow employees are treating "visitors" in their hotel rooms?  LOL  Maybe I have that wrong.  That is dedication!!!  I think Gov De Santis said it tactfully that notwithstanding the deaths and destruction - it could have been a lot worse.
Mike's bro can return to a home still standing and hope no flooding inside.

CLYNN   Thanks   What!!  " a peanut in his lung for 73 years!!!"  Wonder if that was written up in some medical journal  :o   Thanks for the NEFL update.  Oh my gosh - Even the backyard chickens have it pretty good LOLOL   Kind of sad but look at those roses still telling a story.  :-* :-*

LISA   You are so right!!  Newman and Elaine  LOLOL

BAZI    All this sickness and sadness in your post.  When it rains.  Hope Lil Sis finds out soon for early treatment.  Then your neighbors - Shingles is bad enough but then to have the nerve be one that is not easily accessible for treatment.   :(  So nice that you can help her.  Not fun to have good neighbors move. Hope she was aware that being booted out was a possibility when she signed the agreement.  She better have enough time to find a place.   I see your boyfriend has announced his retirement after the next tourney .  :'( :'(   But you knew that I think.

The plan.  Tim will have his gall bladder surgery at noon on Monday 21st and can't be soon enough for him!   Sleeps in the recliner as the catheter insertion site remains painful with change of position.   Once he recovers from that, he will switch from insulin to Ozempic which was the plan before all this happened.  He was put on insulin in the hospital and was sent home with it.  For 2 1/2 weeks we have tried to make this work but is not something Tim can manage easily.  It is hard to regulate and seeing that we have never met this endocrinologist ( must have been on call when Tim was hospitalized) I will cancel the visit to his office for 10/31.
Chicagoland

karengramke

« Reply #8293 on: October 10, 2024, 07:20:05 PM »

My friend on Siesta Key  evacuated to Miami and spoke to a neighbor who said the house is fine!  She plans to fly to Pensacola before returning home!
Friends in .bonita .springs are good.

Put a request in for my friend in Asheville.  They respond on 72 hours.  I hope and pray she is okay.

Word on several  news casts is that Helene was the  worse of the two storms
After a trip thru town today I can see a lot of damage here. Mainly from wind.
The city of trees is no more or at least   Much less so.  Trees falling on houses and vehicles….s sea of tarps!   I still cannot think of this e lovely  mountains ! Oh, clynn, those lovely Roses, coated in mud trying to give folks a glimmer of hope!   Well, beakers, tomorrow is a new day with new adventures waiting for all of us!    Seds

(((Tim and Tsk)))

karengramke

« Reply #8294 on: October 10, 2024, 07:27:41 PM »

Wiskernwings posted that all cams are live at swfl!  Both M and F have been busy fixing up their home and sheposted pictures on facebok,  saying they belong to prichards.   Think these guys should have names!  I like Mike and Florence!