Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 680424 times)

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #8250 on: October 09, 2024, 06:26:20 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Lani, glad to hear that Mike's brother found a safe place to stay. I heard the news telling people that they didn't have to leave the state, just find a place out of the direct path. I always wondered how many run out of gas on the clogged roads getting out of the state. Ed and I were in Amelia Island FL in 1999 (I was there on a business trip) when Hurricane Floyd was coming in. The resort was evacuated and we left in the rented car out of the state. We couldn't return the car, the airport in Jacksonville was closed. Took forever , we were almost to Atlanta, no rooms available anywhere. Lucky for us, Ed has a sister just south of Atlanta and we stayed the night at her place. It is a scary feeling, fleeing a hurricane... Prayers for Mike's brother and family...  OMG, that view from space!  Grazer won!!! That is who I voted for, just because she is a pretty color and love her with her cub! And a girl needs to win once in a while!  Gorgeous pics of Newman!

karen, now that is something, Helene caused your vertigo!

Phyl, hope you wake up feeling better this morning! You are right, you were a mess! I say that as in the past because today will be better! Yay, your bike is here, now you can keep those knees limber!

Lisa, I am chuckling, that Jeff pays no heed that you are sleeping. Ed is the same. Do you give him the LOOK when he wakes you up? Ed gets the look buthe's nused to it!  Love the new cam at GSB, WOW! A better picture always reminds me of the early days of the Decorah cam in 2011. It was stationary, and had poop shoot on it, right in the middle, for the last half of the viewing season! They have come a long way with the cams!

Paulie, continued prayers for your son and family...

baz, I agree with tsk, you are a fountain of information on what to do after a hurricane hits!

Historical Homes of America  ·  Boldt Castle is a major landmark and tourist attraction built in 1900-1904 in the Thousand Islands region of the U.S. state of New York. Open to guests seasonally between mid May and mid October, it is located on Heart Island in the Saint Lawrence River. Heart Island is part of the Town of Alexandria, in Jefferson County. Originally a private mansion built by American millionaire George Boldt, it is today maintained by the Thousand Islands Bridge Authority as a tourist attraction.

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Puff

« Reply #8251 on: October 09, 2024, 06:51:31 AM »

Good morning all -- Let's make it as good as doable.  Prayers still for those in the Southeast areas.

Needed to share with the early bird - Beautiful orange sunrise at the Mississippi this morning.  Check it out.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2024, 06:55:10 AM by Puff »

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #8252 on: October 09, 2024, 07:15:03 AM »

KAREN  Interesting to note that your vertigo may be related to atmospheric pressure  Googled this  "Lower daily atmospheric pressure was associated with higher levels of vertigo, tinnitus and aural fullness, and higher odds of an individual reporting an attack."
There is a lot to read on this topic and this could definitely be the cause.  :o :o

LANI  Congrats to Grazer!  My friend in Bradenton is in zone E and that zone was directed to stay in place and not use roads or hotels .  Hmmm  ABCD  were told to evacuate...   All the Florida "angels" are going to be very busy over the next few days. Prayers.  Hope Mike's bro will be OK

CLYNN  Love the dream catcher with the scarves.  :)   WOW  Boldt castle - I'd like to tour that!!
Chicagoland

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #8253 on: October 09, 2024, 07:25:37 AM »

Good Morning Everyone!

Currently: 51F clear, High  77F sunny,  with  Low 51F

Hope everyone had a pleasant evening and some SEDs.
Praying for  SWFL and  Ft. Myers nests  and  those in the path of Tropical Storm  Milton

CLynn I'm a day behind on your landscapes--- awesome Apostle Islands Sea Caves in Wisconsin. Tks 

Lani glad Mike's younger bro & family have found a nice place inland to retreat  Hoping they'll be  okay; tks for the update from SWFL cam post
Awesome post from Twitter X: Hurricane Milton as seen from space, back to Category 5.
 Not least---Hurrah! Grazer won!!

{{{Karen}}} that darn vertigo!  I can believe  the weather influences this.   Hoping you'll soon hear from your friend in Asheville

Puff Yes. The Flyway was  eye catching this AM. I wasn't quick enough---sneezed as I was snapping

Tsk
      "Lower daily atmospheric pressure was associated with higher levels of vertigo, tinnitus and aural fullness, and higher odds of an individual reporting an attack."     From my own experiences w/ vertigo---it's true. And don't get me started on how my vertigo/   tinnitus is with a head cold. LOL                   

Prayers for:  Victims of Hurricane Helene and those who rescue them; SWFL and  Ft. Myers nests  and  those in the path of Tropical Storm  Milton The Fallen of Abbey Gate, Vietnam, Korean Conflict, WWI and II; Police and First Responders.  Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people.   'Little Gray' and 'Little One' ...All abandoned, abused , lost cats ... stray, unloved, homeless stray and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . As always, Beakers, Cheerios and RRP and families.🙏 s

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #8254 on: October 09, 2024, 07:27:31 AM »

The Raptor Resource Project

From Amy's blog...

Join us this Friday for a welcome back chat! 
https://us9.campaign-archive.com/?e=7dedf9e251&u=d9ed43fe33a4c0f12fc146724&id=dabdd1fca6

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #8255 on: October 09, 2024, 07:29:44 AM »

Sauces bald eagle cam

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #8256 on: October 09, 2024, 09:14:29 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!!! Look who's 10 today!!! Destini says hi to the fur and feather babies! Have a beautiful day!!
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #8257 on: October 09, 2024, 09:42:03 AM »

Happy Birthday Destini!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

LisaG1967

« Reply #8258 on: October 09, 2024, 10:48:19 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

Puff - Yea, the new GSB cam has a good view. 

Phyl - Glad to hear that you got some meds, and hope you are feeling better.  Thanks for Amy's blog post, and 365.

karen - Oh no, sorry to hear about your vertigo.  I hope you feel better soon.

Lani - Yay for Grazer!  My local news channel showed her this morning. 

clynn - Wow, Boldt Castle, so pretty. 

tsk - Pretty good morning greeting.  How is Tim?

Lori - HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Destini!!!

Phyl

« Reply #8259 on: October 09, 2024, 10:53:25 AM »

Happy 10th Birthday  Destini !
With love Maggie.
Sending you loads of purrs and tons of 'catnip' for another 10 purrfect years!

Sauces bald eagle cam

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #8260 on: October 09, 2024, 11:21:52 AM »

Happy birthday Destini!  :-*

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #8261 on: October 09, 2024, 11:54:30 AM »

Royal Albatross update
"Kia ora koutou" from Ranger Shari Broni!

Just a quick note to say that there are still 2 or 3 chicks left to fledge (this could change at any time given the current wind conditions).

Typically, all chicks will have fledged by the 15th of October and unless parents are missing, they will still come in to feed their chicks.

Although the Royal Albatross Centre is closed due to slips on Harington Point Road rangers have been allowed access to continue the toroa work.

The large amount of rain was not of concern to the toroa as all are fully waterproof and ready for their life on the ocean.

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Eagles4, Lisa, Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Tsk, prayers for Bradenton... Mike visited with his bro this morning. They have moved to the B&B and will keep family and friends updated.
Latest news:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkneJ3Im8rk&list=PLrUTXYgsKmP7jZBJPGWzCmX1Gi9QXg3nb&t=195s

Clynn, love the dream catchers! Beautiful historical Boldt Castle ... what a trip you and Ed had before Hurricane Floyd! Mike's younger bro has lived in FL for 20 years.

{{{Lori and Destini}}} awww, Happy 10th birthday Destini!!  :-*

Lisa, I'm happy about Grazer too... on a side note "32" Chunky was responsible for the injury/then death of the smaller of Grazer's cubs this June. Grazer fought and tried to save her cub.... She had two coys, her 2nd coy has done magnificently this year.  :-*

Phyl, Thanks for RRP update! ... magnificent "Autumn Twilight" video.... "Brambleberry Woods" pics  :-*
Posted on SWFL cam 10;33a One of the adult eagles found perched in the church tree. Comorant perched on a pond pole. Breeze stronger at times, no rain yet
It's very windy/rainy now.

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

kbshcb

« Reply #8262 on: October 09, 2024, 01:20:29 PM »

The tornado warnings in FL are deeply concerning from the outer bands.
Central FL...and even Port St. Lucie...

Phyl

« Reply #8263 on: October 09, 2024, 01:24:01 PM »

Lani Thank you for thinking of Jim. He’s having a tough time recovering from his respratory
infection---a month now. Also tks for the Royal Albatross update/snaps"Kia ora koutou" from Ranger Shari Broni.
Glad Mike's bro/family don't have to retreat further inland today. :)

Clynn-  An orange theme to match the Flyway this AM and those dream catchers.  So happy the cams have improved. And, not like those of early days in 2011 when I first came to Beakroom.  Poop shoots---they were  everywhere! LOL  You/Ed that close to H. Floyd   :o

KB  Been keeping up w/ Milton . The reports are concerning for Central Florida and surrounding areas.

Sauces bald eagle cam

Lani

« Reply #8264 on: October 09, 2024, 01:29:13 PM »

Ryan Hall Y'all Live cam streaming
17 tornado warnings active right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-V_YnmER0Y