Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 680674 times)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #8235 on: October 08, 2024, 11:06:28 AM »

Great Spirit Bluff

The CamOp switched between two cams while
Newman was perched on his favorite branch 😊 posted by Nicolette

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Eagles4, Lisa, Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Puff, when I read your post I decided to check out GSB, and what great morning pics!  ;D... yes, wind is picking up at SWFL nest and very cloudy morning.  :(

Clynn, beautiful morning pics.... thanks for prayers for Mike.  :-* I worry about him when he travels alone like he is this trip. I know his physical limitations and when he returns he's down for two or three days. Yes, he's returning Friday afternoon.... beautiful Sea Caves in Wisconsin.

{{{Phyl, Jim, Miss Maggie}}} I pray you all are feeling better today.... Love the classic nature video today.

Tsk, Mike is traveling alone this trip... {{{Tim}}} .... I know you mentioned before that your Barb/Tom have someone watching over their Naples home. I pray Naples will be okay for Mike's older bro/Sil we don't know if they decided to leave or not.... Mike's younger bro/sil live in Sarasota they hadn't decided whether to leave area. They may just move inland and stay near home. They built their gulf coast home to withstand Hurricane 5 storms... 🙏

{{{Paulie and family}}} happy to hear your family's home is safe.... prayers 🙏

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #8236 on: October 08, 2024, 11:51:25 AM »

TIG  Looks like a good restaurant.

PUFF  I do believe we all know someone in the path!!

PAULIE  Continued prayers for you son and family.

LANI   Mike's younger brother had the right idea - building to withstand Cat 5!!!
Chicagoland

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #8237 on: October 08, 2024, 11:55:24 AM »

Good night! from Brooks Fall

Da plane! DA PLANE!!! (at Brooks Falls)... Did y'all go without me?!?!?  ;) ;D

« Last Edit: October 08, 2024, 12:00:03 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #8238 on: October 08, 2024, 11:58:23 AM »

Thanks Tsk.  I found the name
Of the church from an article taking about an endowed scholarship she did!  The phone appears to be in service but the nail box 📦 is full!  Will try again in the morning! I’m  going to try her phone again as well and see if service is restored. 

I am wirried about M and F23!   Hope they find a safe hide out!  Maybe tge church across from the nest will let them in!

Karen, are you trying to call your Asheville friend on a landline, or a cell phone number?

I found this info online, posted 2 days ago - don't know how correct or up-to-date it is:

To Connect with a Loved One

Residents trying to connect with family members may call NC 211 (or 1-888-892-1162 if calling from out-of-state) to report missing loved ones or request a welfare check.
People in the impacted areas can indicate that they are safe by reporting themselves safe through Red Cross Reunification by calling 1-800-RED-CROSS (1-800-733-2767).
Please only use 911 for life-threatening emergencies so the lines remain open for critical situations.
If you are still trying to locate a friend or family member, please complete this form to notify local officials of their missing status.
Link to that form:
https://fundraise.givesmart.com/form/eejX0g?vid=185w3g

The form was created by Buncombe County but information is being shared amongst all counties.
Regardless of which county your loved one was last known to be in, you can still submit the form.
Buncombe County will share the information with the appropriate officials to initiate search and rescue efforts.
United Way is also fielding missing person/welfare check requests.
Text PERSON to 40403 to add a loved one to search and rescue efforts or fill out this form.

(That is the same form as the link just above.)

« Last Edit: October 08, 2024, 12:41:29 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

LisaG1967

« Reply #8239 on: October 08, 2024, 12:37:11 PM »

Good Afternoon Beakers

karen - Good luck with the ENT today. Glad to hear that you got your propane topped off again.  How many days did you run it for it to use only 30%?  Hope M15 & F23 will do ok with the storm.

tsk - LOL, nailed it!  :D  Prety morning greetings.  Prayers for B & T's place in Naples!

BL - Glad you are home, safe and sound.

Lani - I will have to look in Safeway for the chicken.  Beautiful pic from Brooks Fall last evening, and from GSB today!

clynn - And, Jeff does not even try to whisper either when I am trying to sleep.   ::)
Wowza....The Apostle Islands Sea Caves, Wisconsin! 

Phyl - How ya feeling?  Thanks for 365, and for the article on hurricanes.

Puff - Per RRP's Facebook post on 9/25  ---- added a new camera for an awesome new view at GSB.  :D

Puff

« Reply #8240 on: October 08, 2024, 12:54:53 PM »

As someone just said - we all seem to be connected to someone SE of the country that is being challenged right now.  Prayers are definitely needed and are being given.

Lisa New cam is definitely doing an awesome job.

P

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #8241 on: October 08, 2024, 01:02:30 PM »

{{{Paulie and family}}} goes without saying. 🙏s  ongoing for your son & family and all loved ones in the storm area and Milton's path

I've been glued to the tele ---🙏s . -- Our hearts and endless prayers go out to
the Helene and now Milton hurricane victims . God grant you strength, courage and protection as  His Ever Strong and Loving Arms cradle you.
  Up until 18mos ago,  once had my maternal #2 aunt/her husband and  a paternal uncle & his wife; Jim's older sis /her daughter and  Jim' s younger brother scattered up and down FLA

Lani  tks for checking in on GSB cam and our Newman. I just haven't made it there yet. Shame on me. Your snaps are wonderful.
Oh Newman! You're one handsome peregrine . :-*

Lisa   thank you for asking. Doing some better Have 3 meds to take including  Amoxicillin TID X 5 . What a mess I have.
Early this AM, I  was just checking out my FB page---my how I've neglected it.   ::) ::)
Tks for GSG cam update---I thought they had added new cam. Now I know for sure. Tks

Exercise bike update (LOL):
Jim just pulled into garage. Sooooo, he'll  soon be assembling my new exercise bike--- ;D
« Last Edit: October 08, 2024, 03:21:05 PM by Phyl »

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

baziunc

« Reply #8242 on: October 08, 2024, 01:09:26 PM »

Good day, (((Beakers))).  :-*

Prayers for All affected by the recent storms, other disasters, and for those in need of Healing, Comfort, and Peace.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2024, 01:16:30 PM by baziunc »

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #8243 on: October 08, 2024, 06:38:00 PM »

BAZI    LOL " Da plane"   ;D ;D ;D    You are a wealth of information re: anything hurricane.  Thanks for your diligence in keeping us all informed.  :-*
Chicagoland

karengramke

« Reply #8244 on: October 08, 2024, 07:10:49 PM »

Thanks for the info Baz.  The phone I had for Sylvia was a landline and wasnot in working order. Nsent an email which went to a current accoynt but of course she will not get ituntil communication networks are restored!  Thought about calling Red Cross.  We both worked there!  Tried to find her church and I cannot find a listing for it!  Called two others and left a message.
I cannot imagine the effort’s to clean this mess up!  The topography  makes it almost impossible!   I was assigned to a flood in Virginia and  Kentucky and  it was nothing this bad but it took much longer to visit clients because of the roads!    Florida, hang onto your hats!   Swfl looked quiet and damp an hour ago!
Ent folks had damage to theit building an lost a number of trees.   I do bave vertigo again! it is to this time to hurricane and the low pressure. She said it’ll be interesting to see if there is anything happening with this storm. In other words if it gets back or comes back or gets worse . I believe this is true, as my symptoms began as the pressure dropped.
LANY prayers for Mike on his travels and task. I hope Tim will sleep a little later in the morning lol going to close this app and look at Milton some more.
Seds

Lani

« Reply #8245 on: October 08, 2024, 08:19:15 PM »

Introducing your 2024 Fat Bear Week 👑 128 GRAZER!
The first working mom to ever be crowned champion.  8) :-*

https://x.com/i/status/1843818708650570073

My mom's the best. 128 and 128jr. ;D 8)

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #8246 on: October 08, 2024, 09:58:50 PM »

Good night! from Brooks Fall

Da plane! DA PLANE!!! (at Brooks Falls)... Did y'all go without me?!?!?  ;) ;D

LOL! No...  ;D

karengramke

« Reply #8247 on: October 08, 2024, 10:15:04 PM »

Lani, that photo, My Moms tge best, is tge best!  Thanks and good night!
Ps, still calm at swfl.  M and F23 flew ne at 7,pm! They will have a long trip in that direction to beat the storm!  Miami Beach is a little closer! Ah, trust tge eagkes!

Lani

« Reply #8248 on: October 08, 2024, 11:22:25 PM »

Good day, (((Beakers))).  :-*

Prayers for All affected by the recent storms, other disasters, and for those in need of Healing, Comfort, and Peace.

Amen 🙏

Lani

« Reply #8249 on: October 08, 2024, 11:57:07 PM »

Tsk, Mike talked to his younger bro in Sarasota three hours ago. They rented a B&B 10 miles inland and plan to leave to go there in the morning.

Lisa, new camera at GSB is a wonderful addition.

Phyl, lovely prayer for the Helene and Milton.... YAY your exercise bike arrived! Glad to hear Jim is up and about too.... The cam mod took a lot of wonderful pics of Newman and sunrise with the new cam. He is a handsome boy  :-*.... glad the meds are helping... Take care.  ;D

{{{Karen}}} I'm sorry you're having vertigo again. I guess nothing can be done until the weather changes? I pray you hear from your friend soon.  :-*

Message posted on SWFL cam
M and F were at the nest late morning. M observed from the U branch. F brought a fish to the nest, ate it and chased after a bird that caught a fish at the pond. F perched for a long time in the nest tree. Both flew NE after 7:00p. Stay safe M and F.

Hi Tig, Kb, Puff, I hope all is well.  :).

Hurricane Milton as seen from space, back to Category 5.
https://x.com/i/status/1843826931848126648

Good night!

Good night and prayers for our Beak, Cheers and Forum family and friends.
Prayers for Florida.  🙏

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Tim and Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Tig, Clynn and family, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles and Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Tsk and Tim, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen and Piper, Clynn and family, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Baz and family, Eagle and family, Tsk's DIL Amy, Puff, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For those lost, pets, and the survivors from Hurricane Helene, and their rescuers,  tHellgate Osprey Antali, Etta, Denton eaglets and nest, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.