Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 546224 times)

karengramke

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #780 on: January 22, 2024, 07:57:31 AM »

Happy Birthday Old Guy!    Enjoy the cake from Lori!

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #781 on: January 22, 2024, 07:58:54 AM »

bounce

Love the Superior entry. The drive to it is beautiful.

Happy Bird Day Oldguy !!!

( Phyl ). (( Maggie ))

Off to the pool
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

karengramke

« Reply #782 on: January 22, 2024, 08:09:26 AM »

Tsk, the microwave is installed over the stove.  The delay is in getting the item which is out of stock every where!  I think this model willsoon bediscontinued!   Loweasaid they cannot get it!  BestBut website says out of stock and they do not anxwer the phone, sodo not know!

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #783 on: January 22, 2024, 08:13:37 AM »

Hi Clynn! Hi Karen, Kbs, tsk, Lani, Phyl, Karen, Lisa, oldguy, puff, tig, bazi, Jill, blschue, Paulie, T40, Emy, Lilbro, E4E, Peep, Nora, Ginger, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, lindy, Bggolden, godiva, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, nanimal, ruby, Oma,  f22raptor, jicaji, LB, the cheers & Jewelies groups and All! 
There was an amazing Eagle rescue in Iowa recently, T40 probably already shared this story, but here it is, posted January 21st.   This injured Bald Eagle was at that same spot for 3 weeks so I was thinking it's mate must have been feeding him. I hope he can be rehabilitated and released back at Spirit Lake. The bald eagle, named Dickenson, will be transported to another Raptor rehab in Carroll, Iowa. I think that is SOAR!!  Prayers for you Dickenson

Found an UPDATEposted 15 hours ago VIA Facebook Forever Wildlife Lodge & Clinic
 Dickinson Eagle Update: he broke his wing in the right spot. As he was down for so long without care the break had set. The location on the wing of where it broke & healed was in a place he could still recover to be released as the wing is still functioning. It will take a long time to tell. He’s still in the ICU at SOAR gaining back weight. Continue to pray for him in his recovery.❤️
All the other raptors sent are also in ICU & maintaining at this point as well.

Video link and story below
https://who13.com/news/iowa-hunters-help-rescue-an-injured-bald-eagle/#:~:text=SPIRIT%20LAKE%2C%20Iowa%20(KCAU),ran%20across%20the%20bald%20eagle.

SPIRIT LAKE, Iowa (KCAU)– A rare close encounter with a bald eagle led two men to assist in a once-in-a-lifetime rescue.

“December 7th, I was out deer hunting,” Dickinson County resident Wade Woltman said, “and I kind of just drive and check out valleys looking for deer, and I ran across the bald eagle. It was about 20 yards in, I took a picture of it. I actually sent it to my friend saying I can get close to a bald eagle, but I can’t get close to a deer. I kind of made a joke of it.”

Woltman is an avid hunter and has seen many eagles in the area in the past few months. He thought nothing of his close encounter until three weeks later, when he returned to the area with one of his friends.     

“It was just sitting there, and he had told me that was the same one he took a picture of, so we both kind of thought it was odd,” Dickinson County resident Roger Linn said. “And so we turned around and we went back there and actually got out to walk towards it a little bit, and that’s when we noticed it had a broken wing.”

Not able to sleep at night knowing the bald eagle was in need of help, Linn search for people that could save it.

“We made the calls that we thought we’re supposed to do as far as the DNR, Bird Haven,” Linn said. “It’s a federal bird, so I was having a hard time finding somebody that could help me. I knew we couldn’t do nothing ourselves. We were able to get a hold of a place called Raptor, they introduced us to Amanda.”

“I received that call about 7:45,” Amanda Hase with Forever Wildlife said. “It was about a two hour drive to go up there and the roads weren’t the greatest, but you know, of course, I said if he’s still up there, I will come and get him.”

Amanda Hase has been rescuing birds for roughly five years and has rescued around 20 eagles in that time.

“Upon arriving on the scene he was still in the same spot, and then we kind of came up with a plan,” she said. “I had them assist in holding the lights to kind of manipulate the eagle to not really know what was going on, and then obviously was able to capture him pretty quickly.”

“Watching this lady just grab a hold of its legs was awesome,” Woltman said.

The bald eagle’s left wing was confirmed to be broken. It is currently being held in Sioux City by Hase.

Both Linn and Woltman said that to meet a bald eagle up close was amazing.

“It’s a once in a lifetime thing for me,” Linn said.

“It’s exciting,” Woltman said. “I mean again, you’re never going to get that chance, so you gotta take it.”

The bald eagle, named Dickenson, will be transported to another Raptor rehab in Carroll, Iowa.

Hase recommended people reach out to their local DNR or a wildlife rehabilitator if they find an eagle on the ground, and to avoid getting close to it.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2024, 01:34:54 PM by LORIDAVIS »
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

LisaG1967

« Reply #784 on: January 22, 2024, 08:23:02 AM »

Good morning everyone!

I’m on I 10 heading west getting ready to pass the exit for I 75 so I wanted to wave to Karen.

karengramke

« Reply #785 on: January 22, 2024, 08:45:41 AM »

I saved nack and threw some beads!  Lisa. Get some moon pies in Monile and throw them on the way baxk!

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #786 on: January 22, 2024, 11:15:39 AM »

Happy birthday Oldguy!  8)

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #787 on: January 22, 2024, 11:22:09 AM »

Royal Albatross cam - 1/22  LGK and LGL's Egg update

Peek a boo chick ~ if you zoom in you can see part of chick's bill. The hole is about 1-2 cm wide.
Image: DOC, Top Flat egg hatching in the incubator

Beautiful LGK sitting on a fake egg, while baby is safely hatching in the incubator.

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

kbshcb

« Reply #788 on: January 22, 2024, 11:33:14 AM »

Yah!..took a first walk with Ollie man in 11 days!...others have thought the same as I as we saw 3 other dogs being walked as well. 27 above and 4 degrees above average for this day.

Waving at you Lisa from up here in the Tundra! Be safe.

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #789 on: January 22, 2024, 12:15:34 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OLDGUY!!  I hope you have a wonderful day with some yummy surprises, too! :)

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #790 on: January 22, 2024, 12:27:27 PM »

HAPPY DAY, BEAKERS!  :)

I have read posts from Caturday and yesterday, and so far today, but I still need to read them from the 2 weeks before!

Waving to All the Beakers!!

Clynn, I love the pics of Sam and Sophie - sleeping, and playing with Bella.  :-*  They are so cute, and I love their names!!  :D

Karen, I hope Lisa grabbed those beads you tossed her as she drove by! I have multiple sizes of clothes in my closet, too!

Lisa, I hope the last leg of your trip went well, and you are safely at your mom's now. I think I heard a long distance horn honk the other day from you, whizzing past... Got heavy foot??  ;D ;D  Just kidding...  ;) :)

Lori, thanks for the story and the good news update on the Bald Eagle, Dickinson! I think that's what I call a Lucky Break. I hope it has a successful recovery and release!  :-*

Lani, I missed your birthday, and Aly's, too!  I hope you are both still celebrating, though. You have said you like to celebrate yours all month, so you have more than a week left to do so!  :D

I pulled for the Lions, and the Chiefs, this weekend. YAY!! And, whew!!  :D

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, LANI!!   :) :-*

« Last Edit: January 22, 2024, 12:29:46 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

BrokenLug

« Reply #791 on: January 22, 2024, 12:28:56 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OLDGUY.
U. S. A.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #792 on: January 22, 2024, 01:02:44 PM »

Taking a break from cooking.  Since meeting was cancelled, made some fruited jello, pasta frijole soup, and a cheeseburger tater tot casserole for dinner. Bacon on sale - so now need to cut up, wrap and freeze .  Two loads of dark clothes done!  I foresee some quality time spent on my puzzle this afternoon.  ;) ;)

KB   Love the lion  :o

CLYNN    LOLOL  I was watching the Detroit game so I wondered.... ;) ;)   Otherwise would have gotten right by me  8)
I think being a tug driver would be great fun.

LORI   Thanks for that uplifting report on Dickinson. He's in good care.  God bless the deer hunter - right place - right time.

LISA/KAREN    ;D ;D ;D

LANI   Great greeting for OLDGUY  ;D   That is such a great system they have for making sure the Royal egg hatches properly and successfully.   LGK  looks perfectly contented  ;)

BAZI     " carry brains"    LOL
Chicagoland

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #793 on: January 22, 2024, 01:23:16 PM »

Happy Birthday Oldguy!

karengramke

« Reply #794 on: January 22, 2024, 04:01:25 PM »

No word from Phyl!   Not good!