Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 539004 times)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #7305 on: September 01, 2024, 12:20:39 PM »

CLYNN   An to go along with that statistic on gingers, ( which I didn't know) almost 100% of calicos and torties are female - 1 in 3,000 is a male,( rare)  Looks like Harley is trying to be Maru  LOL  Such a beautiful cat.   Holy smokes on that "rainbow"

PHYL   " the BER months"  Pretty true.   Loved 365 today.  Then again I love chipmunks   ;) ;)

LANI   On cool chillin' kitty  ;D   Thanks as always for the albie update.   Soon the cycle will again start over for our favorite cams.  Sure wish we could get a hatchery eagle family again.
Chicagoland

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #7306 on: September 01, 2024, 12:54:14 PM »

Bounce
A longer drive today to our first destination... meanwhile... we listened to/watched our church service via cell/car speakers. Isn't technology sumpin' ???  8)
BBL
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #7307 on: September 01, 2024, 05:00:46 PM »

TIG  Now there's a good use of technology.  Rest up well tonight.  Presume weather is good??
Chicagoland

karengramke

« Reply #7308 on: September 01, 2024, 05:55:16 PM »

Clynn, the siamese look great and   So does Harley.  I knew the stats on the calicos tsk but did nit know about the gingers, interesting! Enjoyed .jaspurrs video!  Both ducks and .geese are amazing aren’t they?
Dr. hall was over yesterday for a visit,  she and husband were just back from Michigan.  His daughter is a clinician at UM  so they were in Ann Arbor and then drove over to Lake Michigan and  up to Traverse City!   She enjoyed it but thought it might be a tad chilly in the winter!    They are going to Yellowstone in a month!
Hope every one is enjoying the Labor Day weekend!

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #7309 on: September 01, 2024, 06:06:22 PM »

TSK... Yes and no. No clouds, but hot today! And flies...  >:(
Oh well. Better than the alternative.
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #7310 on: September 01, 2024, 07:29:54 PM »

CLynn  Yeah---hear ya on the---squirrels and chipmunks. I must share a good portion of my Social Security with those
critters in shelled unsalted peanuts.

I remember reading that about Red Tabbies and Torties. Genetics is awesome.

Tsk We don't like movie theaters much due to the lack of manners exhibited by some patrons.
So I think we'll wait for a day Jim's off in early afternoon and go to a matinee to view 'Reagan'. Nice video from Jaspurr. Tks for sharing
Agree Chipmunks are so cute.

Hi Lisa too bad we don't have a fireplace. LOL But I do have a screen saver on the TV from Xfinity that I use during the
'Ber' months. It 's complete with the snap of buring wood and collapse of logs and sparks.  ;D

Lani tks for the Hellgate Finn/Iris and Royal  Albie updates. Great snaps too.

Hi Karen  Nice childhood memories.  Been to Yellowstone as a child on a family road vaca.  Just awesome.

BL I can see, smell and hear that trout in the skillet back here.  ;)

Tig safe travels

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

kbshcb

« Reply #7311 on: September 01, 2024, 07:30:10 PM »

https://x.com/i/status/1830262176369484135

Uh oh...the crew is hearing strange sonar like noises coming from the Starliner speakers.
The video above is crew speaking with Houston including the noises.

Phyl

« Reply #7312 on: September 01, 2024, 07:40:58 PM »

Since it's Ginger Cat Day.
A tribute to one of the most famous red tabbies in the world...

Catherine, The Duchess of Cambridge attended the premiere of 'A Street Cat Named Bob' at the Curzon Mayfair Cinema. November 3, 2016

Sauces bald eagle cam

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #7313 on: September 02, 2024, 12:29:11 AM »

Oldguy, Thanks for video to celebrate Ginger Cat Day!

Clynn, Love Harley's pics, especially the crossed paws... sweet eyes... Beautiful Decorah Norths!  :-* ... stunning rainbow pic.

Tsk, thank you for video from Jaspurr. I was worried for a few moments.

Phyl, beautiful morning pics.... darling chipmunks. We have a family or two hiding in the rocks on the wash.

Karen, enjoyed your childhood story.... a nice visit from Dr. Hall.... I hope you and Piper are having a good weekend too.

{{{Tig}}}

{{{Puff}}}

Kb, I wonder what may be causing the sounds. It will be interesting to see what they discover.

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Tig, Tim and Tsk, Clynn and family, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles and Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Karen and Piper, Clynn and family, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Hellgate Osprey Antali, Etta, Denton eaglets and nest, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

« Reply #7314 on: September 02, 2024, 06:13:23 AM »

Good Morning Everyone.!

Currently: 74F partly  sunny , High  97F sunny,  with  Low 74F

Hope everyone had a pleasant evening and a good night's rest.

The other day,  got a set of wonderful snaps of Jim's youngest Paul and his wife, Heather and their 3---Ethan, Jana and Isaac.
My goodness how they've grown---two oldest are off to university and youngest just started high school. Everyone looks so
happy and healthy

All those traveling this Labor Day holiday---safe passage to your destinations

Tsk Yes, it would be wonderful to have a BE nest again at the Hatchery. One can never see too many BEs  ;)

OG enjoyed the  Ginger (Red Tabby) cat video.

Lani Ginger kitty snoozing by the hearth  :-*

Prayers for: The Fallen of Abbey Gate, Vietnam, Korean Conflict, WWI and II; Police and First Responders.  Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people.   'Little Gray' and 'Little One' ...All abandoned, abused , lost cats ... stray, unloved, homeless stray and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . As always, Beakers/families.

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #7315 on: September 02, 2024, 06:16:52 AM »

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #7316 on: September 02, 2024, 06:22:55 AM »

Hello ,  wishing everyone a wonderful celebration today...

The Origins of the Five‑Day Work Week in America
A 40-hour, five-day work week is now standard for full-time jobs in America, but that wasn't true until the 1930s.

[url]https://www.history.com/news/five-day-work-week-labor-movement?cmpid=email-hist-inside-history-onequestion-2024-0830-08302024&om_rid=

Sauces bald eagle cam

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #7317 on: September 02, 2024, 06:23:32 AM »

Good Morning Beakers! 

Lani, beautiful pics of Antali, young ospreys are so pretty! Soon he will take off, sigh, but we will feel good about the wonderful season at Hellgate! The royal Albies are also getting prepared to take off! Sweet good night kitty, love how cats flick their ear...

Phyl, wonderful tribute to Bob, he sure got around! Even with Royalty! Lovely Good Morning picture!  59 here, high 76 today. Glad you are in touch with Jim's youngest and glad they are all doing well! 365 - wow, that Cecropia Moth is very furry and very exotic! I would never have guessed it was a moth!

tig, hope you and camper are having a good time, I bet camper is taking lots of pics!

I am going to try Zinnias and Black Eyed Susans next year! Aren't they lovely?

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #7318 on: September 02, 2024, 07:18:27 AM »

KAREN  How nice of DR Hall to stop for a visit.  :)  Was Piper happy?  ;) ;)

PHYL    Theaters since Covid are not like before.  We always go to a matinee.  This theater is a huge Historical landmark theater in my town that seats 1,000. ( used to have live productions - Charles Laughton, Vincent Price)  Tim's uncle used to be the manager for 25 years.  Lots of memorabilia.  Anyway - there weren't a dozen people in the theater!!  Almost like a private showing in your own home.    Cute AM pic  365 cecropia moth.  Beautiful creature close up.  Most often don't get a chance to see how amazing those tinier creatures are.

KB  Starliner - Sounds like a heartbeat to me.

CLYNN   Those giant zinnias  are great.  Had them 3 years ago around my birdbath.  Think I am going to do it again next year.  They last so long and not a lot of dead heading like required with geranium.
Chicagoland

Phyl

« Reply #7319 on: September 02, 2024, 10:15:13 AM »

Well. I fixed the 'url' to  the History.com article on 'why' and 'how' we got the 5 day work week.  ;)

Jimmy works today--- ::) It's just my 'little old lady' kitty and me this AM LOL

Hi CLynn   what a festive pie for today  ;) . Nice 'Labor Day's  for today;  I like your Zinnias and Black Eyed Susans . I remember  Mom had Zinnias in the back.  Your flower gardens are always so nice.Tig's and Tsk's, too.  For shame on me I just don't 'garden' .  >:( 

Tsk that's good to know about the movie theaters nowadays . We've been out of touch with the theaters long before CoVid took hold.
Very nice Labor Day greetings.  I fear it might take me a bit to 'get with the program'  this  season. LOL  And,
then I'll hang on long past festivities .  :(

KB Starliner-agree w/ Tsk

Sauces bald eagle cam