Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 508390 times)

LisaG1967

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #6645 on: August 05, 2024, 02:08:25 PM »

tsk - What a lil cutie in your morning pic.

karen - Hope you are still making out ok!

Lani - Wow, the Hellgate kiddo's are fledging already?!?!

Phyl - Thanks for the 365.  Oh my, AC on 83 at night, I would be sweating.  I get hot at night, and I keep mine on 76 all day.  Beautiful lilac-breasted roller

baz - Back in the saddle again...but, back in the cone!  ;D

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #6646 on: August 05, 2024, 03:00:40 PM »

Lani, love that Hellgate video, and such a beautiful landing! I know we are all so happy beyond words!

karen just called me to say she is out of power, no word on when it will get fixed. Rain not so bad right now, should be all done by late tonight.Piper is barking at sticks and pine cones hitting the house, just small ones she said. No trees down. So that's good, I know she was worried about that. She has a Generac on order, but of course they are on back order!

Lisa, I leave my a/c on 74 night and day. The cats don't even want to go out on the deck today, it's 93 right now.  73 for the high tomorrow! YES!

Phyl, beautiful Lilac-breasted roller! Looks like she has blush on!

baz, glad to hear you are unscathed by Debby!

Pikes Peak, Garden of the Gods, Colorado

Oakland Farms Road in Dubuque County, Iowa

Location: https://iowaroadtrip.net/the-best-rollercoaster-roads.../...
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #6647 on: August 05, 2024, 06:38:00 PM »

I'm from The Desert Southwest. So I guess hot temps don't bother me much.   ;)

CLynn  glad you heard from Karen and she's basically 'okay'. Poor Piper. I feel like I've been to Iowa and Colorado with your
snaps.  ;)

Bazi glad Debby hasn't caused you any harm

Lisa   The temps here cool down to low 70s at night. And I need a light blanket.

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#istandwithisrael

Phyl

« Reply #6648 on: August 05, 2024, 06:38:21 PM »

#istandwithisrael

Phyl

« Reply #6649 on: August 05, 2024, 06:55:59 PM »

Here's an early Good Night --Everyone... sleep well. 

#istandwithisrael

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6650 on: August 05, 2024, 07:16:55 PM »

PHYL   Lilac breasted roller - a beaut!   "The Incredible Bird with the Sunflower Eyes" should be a song  LOLOL

LISA   A/C  75 during the day 73 at night!

CLYNN   Thanks much for Karen's update.  Must be pretty scary for her alone.  Poor Piper - not having a dry place to pee and keeping up with all the bangs against his house!!   Love those Iowa roads  :o :o

Surgeon reports a cyst on a vertebrae that is pressing on his nerve.  At last a diagnosis - Now all the steps to get ready for the procedure which would take place in a surgery center if it weren't for his 5 stents so now it will be a hospital...A repeat MRI on Sat will start things off and then we see him again.
Chicagoland

karengramke

« Reply #6651 on: August 05, 2024, 07:27:31 PM »

Good evening!     Power went out right after I posted  this morning and away went the phone, internet, lights and ac that I keep at 72, 24/7!
Light’s   came on about 6:30 , after I finished a big homemade chef salad!   Pioer was sure someone was in the garage and I finally let her in  to check things out!  Since it will be in the nineties all week, I am glad
to have power!
Not sure if the Generac is back ordered or if the
 installer is over booked but I plan on calling them this week!

I was told  we had between  10 to 15  inches of rain  according to one city report but I have also read  close to 5 to 6 inches!   I believe these numbers!  Yard is about a mess from the wind!  I have a feeling there is a mess in the roof!  Expect the yard folks Friday so will have them check it out and clean up!   
Very tired so checking out!   My eyes  were strained all day , in the dark!  Do not do well in low light!   Stay safe up the coast and  tell Debby .downer to behave! 

Enjoy flying Sum-eh!  Stay safe.
Seds

Tsk really good news for Tim!    Debby was mire annoying than scary!  But yes, better to have someone around during bad weather!

Peak and the Garden of the Gods!  Neighbors when I lived in Colorado Springs!   There used to be car races up the Peak!

Clynn, Pikes
« Last Edit: August 05, 2024, 08:07:03 PM by karengramke »

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #6652 on: August 05, 2024, 08:27:29 PM »

Some bounce

We lost power around 8 p.m. I told Camper I am having withdrawal symptoms... no TV. Lol. And I'm sorta stuck on our power assist love seat with my feet up. Lol. At least it has been raining all day and the temperature is 61.

Talons crossed...
SED

UPDATE... Power back at 9:15. Yay!
« Last Edit: August 05, 2024, 09:43:55 PM by camperstig »
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

karengramke

« Reply #6653 on: August 05, 2024, 09:50:28 PM »

That is bearable Tig at keast at 61 degrees!

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #6654 on: August 05, 2024, 10:13:29 PM »

Karen, that’s great news your power is on again, and you haven’t had any serious damage to your property! I hope you and Piper sleep well. Hugs! The noise a storm like that makes can be really scary, and I know it’s stressful going through the uncertainty of what might happen, and the waiting for the worst of the effects of a big storm to finally pass by can seem to take forever. It can really wear a person out!

Tig, you didn’t say what caused your power to go out, if you know, but I hope it isn’t out for long. At least you have a good excuse to stay relaxed and inclined.  ;) Oh, I see you updated your post that your power is back on. Yay!

Clynn, I want to drive on that road in Iowa! I’m thinking that might be the same famous road that has been in so many movie scenes. Iconic!

Thanks to all the Beakers sending me good vibes and wishes for dealing with whatever Storm Debby brings my way.  :-* The reason I haven’t been affected by Debby is because it hasn’t gotten to me yet! But it is getting close, and my area will be affected, but I live where the anticipated flooding will not get into my home, thankfully. Depending on just how much rain I get, I could be stuck in my dry home for a day or so due to being cutoff by flooded roads around me. I’ve definitely had that situation before from tropical storms. Luckily, my area is not expected to bear the significant and disastrous effects that many places have, or still will. I feel so awful for those enduring disastrous effects from Debby. Prayers for all in its path. Hopefully, I won’t take a direct hit from any of the many tropical-related tornadoes it’s feeder bands will produce. That is my concern with tropical storm systems. Those types of tornadoes tend to be small, not strong - typically EF0 or EF1 - and short-lived. Nevertheless, if one strikes, it still does damage, and people get killed by them, often by trees toppled by them onto homes or cars that people are in. Also, they tend to be very quick spin-ups, and often don’t get warned with much advance notice at all, and sometimes with no notice till after they have hit. They scare me, but my “safe room” is set up and ready for Zip and I to dash to if needed.

Have a good night, All. Peace. SED.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #6655 on: August 06, 2024, 12:31:23 AM »

Baz, I'm so glad you enjoy reading about the TRR critters, Albatross family and our Hellgate Family, thank you.... {{{you and Zippo}}} keep safe and warm. sleep well tonight  :-*

Oldguy, great links today ;D

Clynn, Orange Monday makes me think of Fall! I can hardly wait!  ;D ... so many beautiful places in Iowa... so glad you've heard from Karen.

{{{Karen and Piper}}} great to see your post tonight! I pray you haven't had any serious damage... prayers you both sleep well. Take care  :-*

Phyl Monday's Maze  ;D ... thanks for nature video... we keep our temps at 78 day/night ... so humid here  :P ... the Lilac-breasted roller is stunning... the beautiful bird with sunflower eyes.

Tsk, I hope Naples will be okay, Mike's older bro/SIL live there too. Mike's younger bro/SIL live in Tampa, have had 11 inches of rain... finally a diagnosis, I'm sorry surgery will be necessary, but now you can go forward... sending prayers.  :-*

Tig, glad your power returned. SED  :)

Hi Lisa, Puff, Kb, BL

The VERY BEST Songs Of 1965
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fFhVZM-eZc

Good night!

It's been a very windy night, Antali needed mom's assurance and safe covering earlier this evening, but all is well right now.

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Clynn's sister Cathy, Aunt June, Aunt Linda and Mom, Clynn and Ed, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Tig, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Lisa, Jeff and Family, Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Etta, Denton eaglets and nest, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2024, 12:36:05 AM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

karengramke

« Reply #6656 on: August 06, 2024, 03:20:23 AM »

Wow!  Piper and I are up for some strange reason!  Have some calls to makebut it is way too early!  I am not sure we are having garbage pickup at dark thirty today and did not put it out.  Thought it was still a little stormy and could not get an answer on wm website!  They were closed yesterday!  May have to call for a missed pickup!  Help may not come today as she had no power or water yesterday and the school starting was delayed a day.   Bot .savannah and charleston  look like they will be in serious trouble.  Florida is having major issues!  There is  another disturbance lurking out there!  Baz. We had at least 16  hours of tornado watches!  Stay safe!  Clynn, much of the  coastal area has a water level that is too igh for a basement and other places arts just do not have them!    Hmmm, may go back to sleep!   Piper is snoring!

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6657 on: August 06, 2024, 06:49:54 AM »

KAREN  Whew.  I'm amazed you got your power back so fast.  That is great.  Now for things to settle back down in your area while Debby moves on.  Hope you finally got back to sleep  :-* :-*

TIG  I often wondered how difficult it would be to get out of a power chair in the up position  LOL :o ??? :-\ ;) ;)

BAZI  You know so much about all this type of weather which is comforting to us all.  Stay safe as it heads your way, hopefully action free.

LANI   Really enjoyed that list of  '65 hits.  Hadn't heard of some of them - esp the foreign ones.  "Downtown" beating out the Beatles - WOW   " Eve of Destruction"  ??? :-\
Chicagoland

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #6658 on: August 06, 2024, 07:10:00 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Lani, thanks for the Best of 1965 songs, boy did that bring back memories! It was the best music! I subscribed to the channel! Plenty of Rolling Stones, Beatles, Dave Clark Five etc! There were only a couple that I didn't remember. Help me Rhonda, that was the song we played for Kelsey when she was having one of her fits. It always calmed her down, I have no idea why. We had it queued up on the CD player. Thankfully she outgrew those episodes. Oh, if only some of that rain in the southeast could be channeled to the fires in the southwest... We are loving watching our Hellgate family thrive...so wonderful after the long wait we had! Love the second pic, Iris (or Finn) watching over the kids...

karen, glad to hear your power came back on, that was pretty fast! Ooh, the tornado watches, we are used to those here in the Midwest! I know why you don't have basements down there, I just wish you did! Do you think Piper will go out today? Keep your eye out for those tornadoes...

baz, all is well so far, still praying that you will be safe. Same as for karen, keep your eye out for those tornadoes! A trip to the safe room is never wasted!

tsk, hoping that this surgery is the answer to Tim's issues! That music video, what memories! I always remember the companion to Eve of Destruction - The Dawn of Correction!   https://www.bing.com/videos/riverview/relatedvideo?&q=youtube+dawn+of+correction+song&&mid=55E67F7BDCCC8F0E10D055E67F7BDCCC8F0E10D0&&FORM=VRDGAR

Phyl, beautiful white-crested helmetshrike with the unique eyes! I always think what fun God had when creating all of the unusual critters on this earth!

tig, I am imagining you getting out of that chair! LOLOL!

Millau Viaduct, France - As the tallest bridge in the world, it offers the unique experience of driving above the clouds.

Golden Bridge, Vietnam

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Puff

« Reply #6659 on: August 06, 2024, 07:19:52 AM »

My Response Exactly tsk!!!   WOW

There's not too many of us around now who lived through that list.  Thanks Lani for starting me/us on a really old trip down memory lane.  Working for Jewel Food, 1965 graduated college, started teaching January '66.  Got my first car - Beep Beep  '66 Plymouth Belvedere.

Ahhhh the good ole days.   :P

P

P.S.  Hearing from another oldie but goodie - Hi clynn.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2024, 07:27:18 AM by Puff »