Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 533794 times)

LisaG1967

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #6615 on: August 04, 2024, 05:20:00 PM »

Hope all in the path of Debby will be safe.

Have a good night, everyone 😴

LisaG1967

« Reply #6616 on: August 04, 2024, 05:21:58 PM »

Puff

« Reply #6617 on: August 04, 2024, 05:24:53 PM »

tsk  Actually caught Scheffler wiping tears at the end of the U S Anthem.  Another such nice reaction was seen from Djokovic at the playing of his country's anthem.  He won his gold earlier today .

P

BrokenLug

« Reply #6618 on: August 04, 2024, 06:10:53 PM »

BL Karen and Bazi are in your debt.

Nope not at all really.   ;)

Them there 2 gals know how to prepare and deal accordingly with the "Tropics" in their neck of the woods.   :-*

~ It looks like the WPC has backed off of the rainfall totals from Debby a LITTLE BIT~

Still .. if Debby the downer puts down 10 to 20 +  inches of rain on the coastal plains it will not be good especially as a stalled Tropical Storm offshore trying to push the rivers back inland. !

Quote from: WPC
RAINFALL: Tropical Storm Debby is expected to produce rainfall totals of 6 to 12 inches, with maximum amounts of 18 inches, across portions of northern Florida and southeastern North Carolina through Friday morning. This rainfall will likely result in areas of considerable flash and urban flooding, with significant river flooding expected.

Across portions of southeast Georgia and South Carolina, 10 to 20 inches of rainfall, with local amounts to 30 inches, are expected through Friday morning.
This potentially historic rainfall will likely result in areas of catastrophic flooding.

Hide from the wind run away from the water .. coastal and inland rivers.

Of all the Tropical system I've encountered freshwater inland flooding has one of the worst impacts by far that I've ever seen.

The 2 attached images below are from the remnants of Tropical Storm Irene, Hudson Valley, NY on 08/28/2011.
The Ramapo River and this RxR (Port Jervis Line) right next to it are 40 miles north of the nearest Atlantic Ocean point.
Some old timers that I know that have worked/plied/traveled that line for 60+ years said they never saw the Ramapo River come anywhere near the tracks before.   

This Debby gal is a definite turn around don't drown type of situation.
Debby might stall and do a loop D loop even.
I would stay home and off the roads if I was anywhere in that 8 to 12 inch Orange area on this map:

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at4+shtml/154938.shtml?rainqpf#contents

« Last Edit: August 04, 2024, 06:25:15 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

oldguy

« Reply #6619 on: August 04, 2024, 06:18:33 PM »

Yes - this is shaping up to be like sitting under a waterfall...  5pm update has a press briefing to emphasize this ...
National Hurricane Center Holds Press Briefing About Tropical Storm Debby   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFfb2V_p4-k
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

karengramke

« Reply #6620 on: August 04, 2024, 06:39:45 PM »

Wind coming in tonight and rain has started!   Emergency management expects power to go! The rain has begun and it is very dark! Had tornado watches all day!   Now expecting  10-15 inches .of rain and massive flooding!  Possibly raining all week!  Almost everything her e will be closed including doctors offices!   Got a call from my cardiologist’s office rescheduling me to the 19th! Will see what the dermatologist does on Tuesday!
As I said yesterday, get your hotel roons now for the games in LA!

Happy Birthday Nora! 

Happy Birthday Sydney!  Does not seem possible!

Thanks BL!   What have you done with your ac?

Hi Lori!  Hope the family , including Destiney, is fine!

Phyl, enjoyed your Lamp lighter the other day.

Lani Good report on the Royal Albies and  the Sloths!

Pretty yard Clynn! 

Love caladiums!  Bought bags of them in Alabama and lined beds with them!  My favorite is white Christmas!  May get some next year!

Thanks again Old Guy and  bl!

Have a good evening and if my trees stay attached I will  see you in the am!  Seds

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #6621 on: August 04, 2024, 06:53:34 PM »

Here's an early Good Night --Everyone... sleep well.

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#istandwithisrael

oldguy

« Reply #6622 on: August 04, 2024, 07:20:19 PM »

Happy 1st Birthday Sydney

oldguy

« Reply #6623 on: August 04, 2024, 07:23:29 PM »

Happy Birthday Nora

BrokenLug

« Reply #6624 on: August 04, 2024, 08:17:13 PM »

Thanks BL!   What have you done with your ac?

$10,000 min quote (s) to correctly replace the entire unit inside and out and everything in between. 

Some things in this Aug months budget just ain't a happening.

The properly installed GE 2 year old 10,000 BTU 1/3 a window unit on lone is absolutely priceless.   :-*

A remote control even .. hey kid get up and change the channel.

Kopje in a nirvana belly rub moment. 

Pip and I too.    ;D

We'll just stay with the window unit of our yore in 2024.   

Hammocks checking the tensile strength of the interior timbers.
U. S. A.

oldguy

« Reply #6625 on: August 04, 2024, 08:37:05 PM »

BL - when the MIL house A/C died 4 years ago, we went with a Mini Split by MrCool - check out their website to see if this option would work for you... much better pricing.
https://mrcooldiy.com/

BrokenLug

« Reply #6626 on: August 04, 2024, 09:42:07 PM »

U. S. A.

karengramke

« Reply #6627 on: August 04, 2024, 09:57:04 PM »

Thanks for the tune!  Sedso

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #6628 on: August 05, 2024, 12:06:47 AM »

Tsk, I'll keep looking for information on the Sloth TV monkey.

{{{Karen and Piper}}} {{{Baz and Zippo}}} Prayers for your safety, Take care.

BL, thanks for music. Take care.

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Clynn's sister Cathy, Aunt June, Aunt Linda and Mom, Clynn and Ed, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Tig, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Lisa, Jeff and Family, Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Etta, Denton eaglets and nest, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2024, 12:10:30 AM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #6629 on: August 05, 2024, 12:46:33 AM »

Howdy Beakers.

All good here. Zippo and I will not have any issues with Debby. I will re-schedule my Thursday medical procedure so I can avoid flooded/closed roads, if the rain amounts forecasted come to pass for my area - and who knows if they will... the weather service has no idea yet where this system will go, or when, after Tuesday. It's going to be a Stay Tuned sort of story.

Meanwhile, we do know Karen is going to endure a real mess of a big storm all day on Monday/Monday night, and any of its aftermath in her area afterward. Ugh.

(((Karen))), hang in there! Fingers crossed your trees stay upright. I hope your expected power loss will not last too long. Don't plan on going to any doctor appts, or anywhere else on Tuesday!! Cancel that plan! Most places won't even have power, many employees will not be able to leave home for any number of reasons, and parking lots, some buildings, and many roads will be flooded. I hope you cancel plans to leave your home for any reason on Tuesday! You and Piper hang out and stay safe at home. Hugs. Stay safe. I am thinking of you!

Clynn, your front beds and gardens are so pretty! I love all the different plants! We had caladiums in our yard when I was growing up - so many varieties... they did well in the shady area around one of the bird baths under a very large apple tree in our backyard.

Lani, I loved seeing what Dr. Greene wrote about Iris and her family this year. I had forgotten that Iris is quite the possibly-near-record-breaking senior Osprey. Makes her happy and successful nesting season this year all the more special.  :-* :-*  I can't wait to see Dr. Greene's pictures! Loved seeing all the pics of the sweet animals in TRR's care- lucky for them to get that specialized care. Love seeing the pics and hearing about the TF and TFT chicks and their care.

TSK, aww, Lulu is such a pretty kitty - she's going to have fun with that yarn! I wonder if she took it to a hiding place where she keeps her stash?  ;)

Lisa, I hear ya about that "split" in the approaching rain. I have exactly the same situation here. We have similar geographical oddities.  ;)

Phyl, Clouded Leopards are such beauties. Their severe population decline is a worry.

BL, glad your loaner temporary cooling solution is keeping you, Pip, and Kopje in belly rub nirvana cool.

OG, I checked out your MrCool website. Very interesting!!
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center