Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 545263 times)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #660 on: January 19, 2024, 12:16:11 AM »

{{{Clynn}}} I'm sorry to a stroke caused your eye condition. You have a super attitude! Bless you...praying for good results from the echo cardiogram too.
 I missed the giant snowman this morning, and it doesn't look photoshopped...

Tsk, I'm sorry Tim's sick. sending him prayers. Get well soon Tim!

Karen, glad to hear you have a housekeeper to help. You're doing great!  :)

{{{Puff}}} I'm thinking about you being buried in snow. sending you warm hugs.

Tig, sending prayers of healing and comfort for your friend with covid.... you and Camper take care.

BL, I didn't know you're a licensed arborist. It all makes perfect sense now  8) ... I know I'm tempting fate. But, we need more moisture. The junipers need a good soaking here. I have two small juniper trees we will probably lose if we don't get more rain.

Lisa, sending prayers for your FIL.

Phyl, One of our walking buddies, uses Chewy prescription, it's cheaper on autoship... sending prayers for you, Jim and Miss Maggie.

SED Eagles, Kb.  ;D

Good night!

Praying for Peace

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Clynn, Lori and her grandma Clute, Eagle's mom, Tig, Phyl and Jim, Karen and Piper, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Baz, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Puff, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Manaaki, UQ and the Royal Albatross fleet, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, and lost 2023 cubs, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all those like her, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #661 on: January 19, 2024, 05:56:12 AM »

Good Morning Everyone... it's Friday ! 

Currently 26F  cloudy,  High  28F sunny,  Low 8F. Wind Chill  Advisory: Today 4:28 am CST to Saturday 12:00 pm CST.
Winter Weather Advisory: Today 4:28 am  CST to 9:00am. 

Prayers for:   Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #664 on: January 19, 2024, 06:05:37 AM »

Some one's cold on Mississippi River Flyway Cam
The cam's been on highlight for a couple of days. While browsing the gallery I saw this eagle braving the winter weather.

Jan 18, 2024 4:14 PM
Camera Time: Jan 18, 2024 4:13 PM CST'

« Last Edit: January 19, 2024, 06:15:57 AM by Phyl »

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #665 on: January 19, 2024, 06:15:40 AM »

Aryana Hummingbird has been brooding her two eggs
Jan 18, 2024 5:15 PM
Camera Time: Jan 18, 2024 3:14 PM PST

This  cam is also on 'highlights'. Snap shot was taken from the gallery.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2024, 06:20:37 AM by Phyl »

Sauces bald eagle cam

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #666 on: January 19, 2024, 07:05:58 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Phyl, wicked storm in the Alps, I had to look up a Capercaillie! So many things we learn in the Beak Room! A blue Ford!  It's -3 here, high today 7. Sunday starts the warmup! Right now showing a high of 40 on Feb 1 and 2!  I'll believe it when I feel it!  I had an overnight case kind of like that one in the first pic, it was a Samsonite. It went with my Sunbeam hair dryer!

Sweet picture of Aryana! And the beautiful eagle on the Flyway! BTW, I have been getting Harley's prescription food from Chewy for several years, it's on autoship! I have driven several times since we got home from Christmas, I just have to be a little bit more careful because I can't see as much to my left. My nose is in the way....  ;D

Lani, I hope you get some rain for your Juniper trees...can you water them? My pines are still holding snow and Ed's friend came over with his chain saw and got the broken branches off of the fence, He took a pickup load away, still has another load to get.  It looks like we got a few more inches of snow yesterday. It was supposed to be 1-3". Turned out to be 4". The news said that pushed our 10-day total to over 24". Wish I could send some your way...

E4E, The Shining! I remember reading the book as I was walking through the mall in Springfield IL! I was mesmerized and that is where my love of Stephen King's books started. I have every book he has written, in hard cover.  And yes, I also think the book is always better than the movie!  Ed drove me to both of my appointments yesterday, it was snowing in the afternoon and until my eyesite levels out I will let him do any snow driving! Both appointments were very close, just a little over a mile away. We are lucky, we are close to a huge medical area, including 2 hospitals!

tsk, the doctor said I could wear an eye patch if it felt better, but it was not necessary. I may try something when driving, when I cover my left eye things are perfectly clear, I just miss that left side peripheral vision... They do have an eye patch that fits over glasses, I may try that.

karen, it is what it is, I am just trying to make the best of it as there is nothing I can do but adapt!  Complaining or whining would just make me feel worse...  ;D ;D

Lisa, I can telll you are really looking forward to your trip!

Thank you all so much for your concern over my eye issues, it's priceless to have friends like you Beakers!

Cork, Ireland

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Puff

« Reply #667 on: January 19, 2024, 07:20:34 AM »

Good mornin' Phyl I can usually find you sharing the beak with me.  Nice way to start our day, isn't it?

Got far behind yesterday - hoping to find a left over day's hours.  Guess not!

Lani clynn Crowley Lake Stone Columns! Those Columns of formation are fascinating.  Something new I added to my bucket for when I'm in the territory.  This year I added Iowa's rollercoaster roads.  Hope to see/drive one of them  when I'm out there for ATF.  Something new, sight for this year.

BL  Had to be a fun memory of seeing your mom take the leap. ::)  ;D
My Mom memory would have to be the time she walked around a couple weeks with a black eye because she decided to join my brothers' baseball game.  Caught the ball without the mitt, wham into her eye.

Ahhh, beautiful downtown Bozeman.  That's the jumping off point for snowmobiling in Yellowstone.  I knew about it being a college town (without a McDonald's at the time, a rarity).  Not many places to "make" trouble.  Almost had to behave.

Phyl My fault - left the impression my brothers were bad, mean to me.  Somewhere they took up the challenge/duty of taking care of their little sister.  Lost oldest Rodney in 2006, 65 yrs.  Also, Edward passed 2020, 71yrs.  Younger sister, Rita, 64 yrs, in 2004.  Not a good longevity record.  The Big Guy upstairs says he's not ready for me yet????  Can you tell my Mom had a unique set of names she picked from.

New way of thinking hit me a couple days ago.  Since my birthday is the 8th -- I'm not 80.  That was the celebration 2 weeks ago.  Now technically, I'm over 80.  :-*

BL I also loved your map of the parks.  Think it's 3 I've missed there.  But you completely didn't cover one of my fav roads   89/89A  Starts at Glacier N.P. then down thru Prescott/Sedona to Mexico.  I should take the time to count the Park areas in total.  Got most of the well-known, but I bet Lani would have her favs.  I'm guessing maybe a dozen N.P. total there?

clynn Lots of concern and prayers from all of us here.  And love!!  I'll be back later.

P
« Last Edit: January 19, 2024, 07:43:41 AM by Puff »

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #668 on: January 19, 2024, 08:10:01 AM »

11 degrees   high 13    brrr  We got snow last night and still lightly snowing - maybe less than 2".

BL   You are a licensed arborist. :)   My Dad loved to learn about trees.  They owned 40 acres and built on house on it for retirement. ( Still maintained their home)   Thanks to that we all now know black walnut trees.  LOL   He/we used to collect them - he would take them in his workshop - don his gloves and use his vice to open them and carve out the meat so Mom could use them for her black walnut cookies  LOL  What a labor of love. ;)     Are the llamas a business for you?     Agree, KAREN has a great sense of humor... ;D

PHYL   Interesting how you acquired the Norcrest collection.   Old luggage - certainly does remind me of what we used to schlepp around with.  ;) ;)   Interesting brain article...makes sense.

KAREN   How many days for the housekeeper?

LISA   Tim's feels much better this AM.  Finally got some sleep.

EAGLES   "In these parts"  LOL, we have a system arrangement with hospitals called MYCHART.   I just about get all the blood work , scan results  etc before the doctor does.   :o   If necessary, he will call.  I can also communicate via an e-mail about questions and he ( nurse) will get back to me the same way. - Saves the phone call.

LANI   Funny good night pic.

CLYNN  Good opening pics this AM   What you call and overnight case, we used to call a "train" case.. ???  Mom used her hairdryer like that til she died .  It was kept on the top shelf of the front closet of their colonial home and set on the dining room table where she sat under it.    I so admire you for the humorous approach you are taking to your eye problem.  You set a good example for us all  :-* :-*    Let us know how that eye patch works if you do try it for driving.
Beautiful setting for St Colman's cathedral.

PUFF   You are a wonderful lunch companion as you have so many stories to tell.  ;D

HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY, ALY

Chicagoland

Puff

« Reply #669 on: January 19, 2024, 09:00:39 AM »

tsk "Wonderful lunch companion"  aka "talks a lot"

Actually (here I go again) As we get older I believe our memories help us relive more of the events that made us what we are.  Good or bad this is what we are and where we are.  I'm having a great time reminiscing.

I just wonder when I'll go.  And, I end up where?  I'm not done ya know.  ::)

P

LisaG1967

« Reply #670 on: January 19, 2024, 09:04:55 AM »

Good Morning Beakers....T.G.I.F.!!!

Phyl - Love good night pic, is that stained glass?  Thanks for the 365, and the pic from Flyway.

BL - Where did this snow come from that I am getting this morning?!?! 

E4E - Roads are terrible here this morning. We are getting quite of bit of snow.

clynn - Yep, a lil excited for the trip, even if it is to stay in a hospital with Mama.  Beautiful pic from Cork, Ireland.  I too was wondering how you drive with the eye, but it sounds like you are doing great!

Puff - Morning  :)

tsk - Glad to hear that Tim is finally feeling better.   :D

Lani and all - Thank you all for the good luck and wishes for my FIL this morning on his surgery, but it has been cancelled because of the snowstorm we are getting today.  He will need to call next week and reschedule.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Aly!!!

clynndunn

« Reply #671 on: January 19, 2024, 09:56:44 AM »

tsk, something funny, I originally had 'train' case in my post but thought maybe no one would know that term!  So I changed it to 'overnight' !  LOLOL!

Lisa, oh no, surprise snow! It can really mess up plans, that's for sure! It cancelled my eye appointment twice and started snowing for the third! That looks like quite a bit of snow! I just stepped out the front door and snapped these. The sun is shining, our house faces west so it is in the shade until the sun gets overhead, the back yard is full sun!

Puff, I agree about the memories! When my high school friends and I get together we remember a lot of the old days and laugh a lot! Same when I am visiting my Mom or my Aunts, the old times always come up. The memories are good...

tsk, I ordered some eye cover things that fit over glasses. found them at Amazon. I think they will do the trick for now!  There is a big house on Ashworth Road here, they must have 50 or more black walnut trees on the property. An elderly man lived there and he always put a sign out in the fall 'Free Black Walnuts'. They were everywhere, the trees in front covered most of the street. He had to go to a nursing home about 3 years ago, someone bought the house, totally remodeled and I see it is for sale now for $2,450,000. No more free signs either. Pictures from the listing:  https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/5135-Ashworth-Rd-West-Des-Moines-IA-50266/859608_zpid/?

PS, I can't stand the taste of black walnuts!
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

clynndunn

« Reply #672 on: January 19, 2024, 10:20:03 AM »

Happy Birthday Aly!

kbshcb

« Reply #673 on: January 19, 2024, 10:27:16 AM »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1748111775483248796

Lani - wish Aly a Happy Birthday, and hope she can have as much fun as the bear above.
LOL, I just started the autoship feature on chewy after ordering from them forever and I was surprised it saved me 18 dollars a bag....

Clynn - so sorry to hear that.

will be 10 days of these horrid temps come Monday when we finally get what's called a January Thaw.
Used to several of these polar plunges lasting a few days each every winter.
But this one has just been too consistently long.

Poor Ollie man. We play catch down the stairs. He just bops it back to me at the bottom from the top, so I do all the work :) But mentally stimulating at least. We do play other ball games....sorry that's all we got.
Sweeping 3 doorways just let him out often as well it very cold temps. Flurries is all but greasy.
Owning a cat instead of a dog in these temps obviously easier.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #674 on: January 19, 2024, 11:07:33 AM »

Bbbrrrrroouunncce

Yep .. minus 1 as I left for the Y, where the pool was a balmy 86!

I picked up 2 Amazon pkgs. at Cub and grabbed some salads for dinner.

BBL
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)