Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 544452 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #555 on: January 16, 2024, 08:09:57 AM »

First snow 1-15-24

Looking out into the retention pond about 12:30 PM. Easy to see The birds made a royal mess of our deck---
the snow had piled up 8' or so high on rails and all their carrying on made the deck look crenelated like a Medieval castle.
 No surprise it was the Starlings---they're like a gang of rowdy cattle hands fresh off a long drive!

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #556 on: January 16, 2024, 08:10:15 AM »

First snow 1-15-24

Again checking out the backyard about12:31 PM. In the left-hand in the middle you can see two kids with a snow board.
They were just going back to their from a few minutes of boarding.

Sauces bald eagle cam

Puff

« Reply #557 on: January 16, 2024, 08:12:19 AM »

And. . .I didn't forget Lani.  I'm always johnny-come-lately.  No bragging or trying to win an award - just sitting up now since 4 waiting for something good to fall into place. 

With all the island greetings, flowers, and yummy calories Lani has to have got the feelings of good cheer from us all.  Either that or we're envious and wish we could be back there.

Time for another tea - and a bit more waiting.

P

Phyl

« Reply #558 on: January 16, 2024, 08:27:27 AM »

Lisa Sooooooooooo   cold here! Got a light snow during the night .

{{{Puff}}}  being in the tropics right now would be wonderful.
Hot tea some how makes bad situations better. 

Sauces bald eagle cam

kbshcb

« Reply #559 on: January 16, 2024, 08:54:20 AM »

Happy Bird Day, Lani - I hope your day is Splendid!

I can imagine you being this little girl in another lifetime:
https://twitter.com/i/status/1746687415434035211

Looks pretty,Phyl - I know however, looks can be deceiving!.

Happy Cold Tuesday all.

LisaG1967

« Reply #560 on: January 16, 2024, 09:51:31 AM »

Phyl - You got alot of snow. 

kb - Awww, the cows came running.

karengramke

« Reply #561 on: January 16, 2024, 10:16:42 AM »

Happy Birthday Lani!   Enjoy your day in what ever way makes you happy ! Give Sadie a hug!   Thanks for posting Fats D  singing Blue Monday!
Jiltosa, good to see you post!
Puff , where is the freeze in your pipes?  Water in the house?  Not broken?
Hope the plumber is there by now and that you are taking a nap!

Phyl, beautiful snow pictures!   Enjoy the beauty from the warmth of your home!  It will soon begone!   Then back to the dead look of winter and the summer wait for  the awakening of spring!   Very pretty in your patch of the world!
Hard freeze warning for us tonight and tomorrow night!   Only in the twenties!   Hade hha put covers on outside faucets. Yesterday and will probably move the petunias off the front porch to the screen porch where I have a wrought iron  stand that  I  cover wit a plastic  cover that  I got from a furniture store years ago.   It was the cover for a twin mattress and slips over this stand perfectly.  Acts like a green house!  Will see if it keeps these flowers  alive. Oretty sure the geranium will make it  and the poinsettia. Going to get busy!

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #562 on: January 16, 2024, 10:18:30 AM »

Hau' Oli La Hanau Lani!

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #563 on: January 16, 2024, 10:34:01 AM »

Happy Birthday, Dear Lani. I hope you enjoy your special day.  :)

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #564 on: January 16, 2024, 11:01:03 AM »

I had to do this beautiful lemon blueberry cake just for you Lani!!!  It's bursting with beautiful natural flavors and so refreshing! This moist, easy to make cake is filled with delicious blueberry and lemon buttercream. Enjoy!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2024, 11:03:22 AM by LORIDAVIS »
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #565 on: January 16, 2024, 12:07:05 PM »

This little half Hawaiian 7 year old girl who is now 66 years older thanks her loving Beak Room Family for all the birthday greetings, blessings, and wishes with much Aloha in her heart for each of you!

Mahalo Beakers!  :-*
Aloha, Jilltosa, Paulie, Neva, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, jicaji, LB, and All!

I'm having trouble staying in the forum.
I think the problem is on my end.
I've been in the room 30 minutes now, and it's slow going... I'll be back.  :)
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #566 on: January 16, 2024, 12:33:53 PM »

PUFF   Which pipes froze? Hope no pipes broke... Cabinet doors open to pipes on outside walls?

LISA   There you go!!  Join the snow party  ;D    An honest to goodness snowfall  ;D

JILLTOSA   Still a youngster   ;) ;)    So good to hear that your long suffering problem with the plowing in your block could actually be resolved via your tenacious efforts  :-*  I'll praise the Lord . ;)

PHYL   You got a very sizeable snowfall as well. Good pictures.   Wondering if that cardinal is confused about which way in to those peanuts?   ;) ;)

KB   Cute little girl and a very rapt audience  LOL

KAREN  Good idea to try and save the plants - Just might work.  Pretty cold for you all.

LANI   Love that 7 yr old pic of you.  Wonder what you were smiling at?
Chicagoland

jilltosa

« Reply #567 on: January 16, 2024, 01:34:25 PM »

TSK This photo, taken from the end of my driveway, was most often they way it was done. It would take at least three hours until they would come to finish the job. The remaining snow would be plowed to "my" side of the street. What would take so long for the job to be finished I do not know -- you know the size of my little "neighborhood." For someone who retired before computers were widely available in elementary school classrooms I have become adept at using PowerPoint. Unfortunately during this frustrating ordeal I lost interest in using my camera for its usual purpose. I do not enjoy using it for documentation. Last March I "felt a tap on my shoulder at 4:30 am" and I knew I should get on my robe, jacket and hat and grab my camera and get out to the end of my driveway. Within about three minutes the plow came through doing its first pass and then a few minutes later came through doing its second pass -- like it usually did. No more passes for several minutes so I went back to bed. When I got up at the usual time I knew I had to shovel. I was not really surprised to see that no more plowing had been done. While I was shoveling my driveway a plow came and did three passes pushing all the snow to my side. It was after 8:30 am. Fortunately this driver changed the angle of the plow when he was approaching my driveway!!! But what happened this past Saturday with the plowing after our third snow of the week leaves me with optimism!!! I welcome that!!!

LisaG1967

« Reply #568 on: January 16, 2024, 01:36:38 PM »

tsk;D part of the snow party.

Lani - What a cute pic of you at 7yrs old. 

Lori - The lemon blueberry cake looks and sounds delicious.

karen - Hope your plants make it in the cold. 

Puff - Hope all is ok with the pipes. 

karengramke

« Reply #569 on: January 16, 2024, 02:05:34 PM »

I hope the petunias make it but they are on shaky ground already!   I  do not want to buy anything more for the front porch until the plants are available in the spring!   Willsee how this experiment  works!   After setting up the  “greenhouse”, I had the hha help me clean the dining room light fixture!  She got on the ladder and I washed, cleaned the little shades, etc!   It looks so nice and sparkly now!
Lani, adorable at 7🤗 and I am sure beautiful now!
Tsk, I wondered the same about Puff!
Lisa did you get the same, very heavy snows that D.C  used to get mid January to February?    They were horrendous and always very wet.