Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 544334 times)

LisaG1967

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #540 on: January 16, 2024, 07:08:28 AM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Lani!!!!!!!

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #541 on: January 16, 2024, 07:11:15 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Puff, aloha!

Lani, I would love rain right now, it would melt the snow!   ;D  Thanks for the update on the sloths, seems like they are always getting more patients... Love the sleeping kitty, here are my sleeping kitties:

oldguy, wow on your deck!  Grindavik, so sad for the people, praying something will work out for them...

E4E, a nice dinner out, and you got company again! Yes, I drive to Mom's by myself a couple of times a year. It's only an 8 hour drive, interstate all but the last 80 miles. I listen to a book on CD and it goes pretty fast. Then it really slows down once I get there...very small town of 2000. I will get together with my old high school friends and Mom and I will go shopping in Evansville, and I will visit with both of my Aunties. It's my repose from Kelsey and Ed...  ;D

kb, great pick of Minneapolis, I have been on some of those streets!

Lisa, so how much snow did you end up with? We don't usually get this much snow all at once. Maybe this will be it!  Ha, but I can wish!  I remember snow as early as October 10 and as late as May2... But then I lived in Duluth for 3 winters, and this is nothing compared to that...  :o

Foxes on the roof in Breckenridge, Colorado by Andy Carver

Nathan Klok Photography is in Duluth, MN. The 82 year old, 826’ Lee A. Tregurtha enters the Duluth harbor for winter layup on a frigid morning feeling like -30°

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #542 on: January 16, 2024, 07:15:18 AM »

-8 degrees

EAGLES   Weather has had an impact on so much travel lately.  Nice that you could accommodate them again.  :)

OLDGUY   How sad was that aerial video on how far the lava had flowed into town.  Very sad in not knowing what the future holds for this town and the loss of community they mourn.  Interesting about the water/pipes sources for heating.  Seems insurmountable  that the town could exist again.  :'(     Interesting piece on cats hot/cold.

CLYNN  Nice to have 2 kitties who seek each other for comfort.  Lulu is definitely a lap kitty.  I try to crochet when she is sleeping  LOLOL    Good snow pics this AM  :)
Chicagoland

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #543 on: January 16, 2024, 07:17:43 AM »

Happy Birthday Lani!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #544 on: January 16, 2024, 07:35:16 AM »

Hau'oli la Hanau, Lani !

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Puff

« Reply #545 on: January 16, 2024, 07:49:59 AM »

Bounce
Happy Bird Day Lani!

Up all night, sort of, watching tennis with Baz...
Zzz

Tig Me up all night, too, but not for tennis.  Frozen water problem. :-\  (Me and 1/2 of the country).
Got plumber return call at 6:00 this morning.  Also waiting for Princess to open up shop - client called last night.   Eeeeeek

Patch job until things thaw - he'll be here around 8 or 9.  Been below 0 night and day forever - will return allow for real assessment/fix when degree numbers cooperate. 

Anyway - life is fun!  ?

P

Phyl

« Reply #546 on: January 16, 2024, 07:50:27 AM »

Good Morning Everyone...Happy Tuesday !  

Currently 10F cloudy    High  19F sunny,  Low 1 F 

Tsk  nice breakfast this morning; for the past two years Maggie's turned into a lap kitty---I suspect it has to do with
her heart murmur, advancing age and wanting 'comfort'. I give her all the attention I can and then some.

Lani sweet ginger kitty last night;  gonna be a lot of folks wanting   your rain.  ;) 

CLynn  Sam and Sophie are really growing;  8 hr drive---I wish my mom was 'so close'---you're so fortunate.
LOL Foxes on roof in Breckenridge, Colorado ; Brrrr!  photo of Lee A. Tregurtha entering  Duluth harbor winter layup

Puff  yes it looks like you're the 'first'

Karen 'fried alligator' Nope! Not past these choppers. LOL

KB awesome photo /video
  of The Lee A. Tregurtha

Lisa  good weather news for your jaunt to  your mom's; I too am surprised you get less snow that us...when we  the stuff.

OG enjoyed your snow photos; nice treat for Jillitosa

Prayers for:   Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2024, 08:14:44 AM by Phyl »

Sauces bald eagle cam

LisaG1967

« Reply #547 on: January 16, 2024, 07:54:21 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

Yesterday at 3:27pm, and this morning at 6:24am.  It looks like we got about 3 inches. The first decent amount of snow in years!

tsk, karen, kb, tig, Puff and all..... Morning  :)

Phyl - How did you make out with the weather?  Dinner planned sounds yummy.

E4E - Kris sounds like he had a great birthday lunch. 

Lani - I am surprised that we don't get alot of snow either. 

clynn - Great pics this morning, and awww, Sam & Sophie!  We have had snow as late as April or May....many years ago. 

Phyl

« Reply #548 on: January 16, 2024, 07:56:06 AM »

Bounce
Happy Bird Day Lani!

Up all night, sort of, watching tennis with Baz...
Zzz

Tig Me up all night, too, but not for tennis.  Frozen water problem. :-\  (Me and 1/2 of the country).
Got plumber return call at 6:00 this morning.  Also waiting for Princess to open up shop - client called last night.   Eeeeeek

Patch job until things thaw - he'll be here around 8 or 9.  Been below 0 night and day forever - will return allow for real assessment/fix when degree numbers cooperate. 

Anyway - life is fun!  ?

P

Oh Puff !   :(
I'm so sorry---I know none of that's 'fun'. Glad you  got hold of a plumber and at least a repair job is in the works.  A thaw isn't gonna come fast enough for you.

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #549 on: January 16, 2024, 07:58:03 AM »

Sauces bald eagle cam

jilltosa

« Reply #550 on: January 16, 2024, 08:00:05 AM »

Many thank for the beautiful, and delicious, birthday greetings! I have reached the age that is the same, not only forwards and backwards but upside down too!

I have been checking in frequently and have rejoiced with some of you and often said prayers when I read other posts; I have definitely been here in spirit!

For several years I have been dealing with a situation that became extremely frustrating the past 3 years, despite the intervention of the alderman!!! When I worked on my thesis a long time ago I found out the importance of documentation! What I saw this past Saturday gives me hope that the situation is finally resolved! The city snowplowing was quite different!

THANKS AGAIN FOR THE BIRTHDAY GREETIINGS, FLOWERS, AND MUNCHIES. I am happy to share them!!!

jilltosa

« Reply #551 on: January 16, 2024, 08:04:27 AM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LANI
This fellow came by with birthday greetings for me and I send him on to you!

Phyl

« Reply #552 on: January 16, 2024, 08:08:53 AM »

Hi jilltosa   so glad you're enjoying our birthday greetings. Nice to 'see' you today.  Creative way
of describing your age. Nice birthday greeting for Lani.
 Sending you the best---pop in and visit us  ;)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2024, 08:12:20 AM by Phyl »

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #553 on: January 16, 2024, 08:09:14 AM »

First snow 1-15-24
6:44AM looking out front porch down our street

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #554 on: January 16, 2024, 08:09:36 AM »

First snow 1-15-24

Jim to avoid the slipper trek across the deck. Decided to set the peanut jar on it's side just outside the door.
I spied this female cardinal eyeing the contents about 6:40 AM

Sauces bald eagle cam