Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 542679 times)

kbshcb

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #525 on: January 15, 2024, 03:18:31 PM »

Cool pic from this morning out of an airplane window.
Minneapolis, looking north with the Mighty Miss winding through. The Vikings stadium visible in the center of the pic.
Not much snow....but -5 at the time this pic taken..probably landing at MSP by swinging around east to then the west.
I live about 8.5 miles southwest of this picture..

No, I'm not wanting snow.

oldguy

« Reply #526 on: January 15, 2024, 03:46:12 PM »

KB - you can enjoy some of my snow, without the workout... ;)

From my doorway, looking at my deck.
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

LisaG1967

« Reply #527 on: January 15, 2024, 04:06:54 PM »

tsk - Jeff and I were just talking about that the other day.  Since 2010, I think, we have not got alot of snow.  Sometimes, an inch or two, and then other times a dusting.  At the moment, it is a pretty dusting, and very cold.

kb - That is a cool pic!

oldguy - Oh my!  :o

kbshcb

« Reply #528 on: January 15, 2024, 04:12:06 PM »

oldguy - Haha....I do enjoy this!....cause it's not at my house this year! ;) ;)

Don't want to get cocky though as there is still a lot of winter left....but, better you than me ;)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #529 on: January 15, 2024, 04:47:49 PM »

Jilltosa,  Happy Birthday...

...from Aryana Hummingbird ... Explorer. org and Raptor Resource Project's very own little sweetheart!
Wishing you many happy returns  ... fun with family and friends all year long.

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #530 on: January 15, 2024, 05:17:42 PM »

We have a few more inches of snow since this morning. Currently, 14F cloudy skies with forecasted high 19F  and a nighttime low of 8F.
Jim got home 30 mins. ago and declared that the roads weren't clear at all...the city had done nothing...not even the interstates were clear. 
The birds made a royal mess of our deck---the snow had piled up 8' or so high on rails and all their carrying on made the deck look crenelated like a Medieval castle. No surprise it was the Starlings---they're like a gang of rowdy cattle hands fresh off a long drive!  ::)

So glad to read that everyone isn't having a 'Blue Monday'. Ha, ha, just a load of 'malarkey '. But it was 'fun'.

Thank y'all for the wildlife updates,  local weather reports and snow photos and all.
Lots of pretty and sweet  looking  birthday greetings for Jilltosa.  ;)

We're having BBQ pulled pork sandwiches, a brew each, green salad; Jim gets cole slaw , potato chips.  Maybe some hot soup too. Later---double chocolate hot chocolate with...you guessed it, Reddi Whipp rosette .

NES -Nashville Electric Service has just sent a power alert  e-mail. To conserve we must turn our thermostats down to and set  to 55 degrees during the day to avoid loss of electricy and heating.  :(
« Last Edit: January 15, 2024, 05:26:51 PM by Phyl »

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #531 on: January 15, 2024, 05:24:00 PM »

Good Night Everyone...SEDs...sending 🙏 's to all .
 Keep warm and stay safe.

Sauces bald eagle cam

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #532 on: January 15, 2024, 06:26:41 PM »

KB   Cool pic of Minneapolis.  Thanks for the orientation.

OLDGUY   Those pics tell the story - good shots. :o

PHYL   Sweet pic for JILLTOSA   Interesting description of Starlings  ;D ;D   I can barely survive at 65 during the day.  We don't even go that low at night - No thanks...
Chicagoland

karengramke

« Reply #533 on: January 15, 2024, 06:37:57 PM »

Phyl, hot soup sounds good on  a cold night!   Just finished a bowl of chili  a green salad and some watermelon to cool it down!   Then needed a cuppa decaf to warm up.  Stay warm and seds
Tsk, agree with u on tems and Old Guys pictures!

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #534 on: January 15, 2024, 07:20:52 PM »

Phyl - Liked the red-crowned Cranes in 365!  Liked your post for Martin Luther King.  Liked the Kestrel!   Love the Aryana hummingbird!!  Enjoy your delicious dinner tonight. :) :)
Clynn - Love the decorated tree for wildlife - great to see that!!  When you go see your Mom in April, you will actually drive all by yourself?  So nice though, that you and your sisters will all go to see your Mom in November for her birthday!
Tsk - I'm sure you found something to get into today - maybe a puzzle? :)
Kb - Cute Quokka - never saw one before!  Yaay for your nap and how Ollie enjoyed too! ;D
Lori - Nice birthday post for Jilltosa!! :)
OG - Yummy treat for Jilltosa - frosted brownies!! ;D  Wow-looks like tons of snow fell on your deck. Be careful!
Lani - Cute hummer for Jilltosa!   Thank you for all the Sloth updates.  So sad for the electrocuted mamas (two). :(  :(
BL - Good suggestion for Kb to re-attach the plaque. ;D
Karen - Loved the stories of your parents fishing; one mostly for Muskies and the other for Walleyes!  Interesting about the fried Alligator tail!
LisaG - Pretty exciting to get your first dusting of snow!
Hi Puff & Baz!

Kris had a nice birthday lunch yesterday.  He & I and my Mom & sis went to a nearby town (San Juan Bautista) and had delicious Mexican food! ;D

Kris' sister & her fiance are coming back tonight!  They were supposed to fly out on Saturday back to CO, but because of the weather conditions, they decided to stay at a Motel for a couple of nights thinking that they would fly out today, but again, their flight is postponed.  We told them to come back here, so they will be back tonight! 

Beakers have a good night - stay safe & warm.

oldguy

« Reply #535 on: January 15, 2024, 10:16:17 PM »

Good evening Beakers

I don't remove the snow on my deck in the winter, except if I need to get to my shed, then only a path.

Latest Iceland updates...
South Fissure Is Dying   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7VNrbue268
The struggle for the existence of Grindavik   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQBTLfcJrBk

How to Tell if Your Cat is Cold?   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THZBAO3-dMI

Paint It Black (Rolling Stones) Harp Twins + @VolfgangTwins   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjjtDFqsb-A
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #536 on: January 15, 2024, 11:58:54 PM »

Phyl, beautiful cranes.... awww sweet Kestrel... No blue Monday here!  :) ... sweet pic for Jilltosa... the Starlings!  ;D ...beautiful good night pic...  You, Jim and Maggie keep warm... brrrr...

Clynn, No snow here! Maybe rain this weekend... Love the beautiful decorated wildlife tree... "snow is getting deep, check on short friends" LOL!!

Tsk, great Packers Game!... oh my -13 ... did you see how well sloth Mimi is doing with only one hand? The life expectancy for 3-fingered sloths must be very low.  :(

Kb, cute Quokka!  ;D.

Lori, beautiful birthday greeting for Jilltosa!

I love everyone's birthday posts for Jilltosa  ;D

Oldguy, Okay, I've got a spoon for Jilltosa's delicious brownies! Any left!  ;D

Karen, I remember this Blue Monday by Fats Domino!! God Bless him :-*.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fy5WM1xYbGo ... no fried alligator tail for me. I've tried it  :-X

Lisa, Looks like the weather should be good for you on your drive to see your mama... It's amazing you don't get much snow.

Oldguy, that's a lot of snow!  :o ... its heartbreaking for the Grindavik community, family, friends, commercial fishing all so sad  :'( ... it was very strange to see people drive over the roads and smoke coming out of the ground.  :o

Eagles, Glad Kris had a nice birthday lunch with you and your mom.... How is she doing? .... enjoy your visit with your SIL/fiance...

Good night!

Praying for Peace

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Clynn, Lori and her grandma Clute, Eagle's mom, Tig, Phyl and Jim, Karen and Piper, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Baz, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Puff, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Manaaki, UQ and the Royal Albatross fleet, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, and lost 2023 cubs, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all those like her, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Puff

« Reply #537 on: January 16, 2024, 06:24:52 AM »

Can I be the first, Lani?  Hauʻoli Lā Hānau

Enjoy your special day, ENJOY!

P

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #538 on: January 16, 2024, 06:51:00 AM »

HAU' OLI  LA HANAU, LANI

Chicagoland

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #539 on: January 16, 2024, 07:08:18 AM »

Bounce
Happy Bird Day Lani!

Up all night, sort of, watching tennis with Baz...
Zzz
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)