Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 503283 times)

kbshcb

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #4890 on: May 27, 2024, 03:07:58 PM »

So friggin cool...watched 2 fly arounds over my house to the Veterans Park in Richfield during a thunderstorm!.

I have to look up the old name of the 4 planes...I forgot....I waved at them...

After the second fly around over my house, one plane separated and the other 3 headed to very dark clouds.

Amazing...small hail here as well.

Thank you!...made me cry.

Turns out I read they are T-34 Mentor airplanes.

BTW they are very loud...louder than thunder in the clouds!

someone snapped this one!
« Last Edit: May 27, 2024, 03:39:26 PM by kbshcb »

kbshcb

« Reply #4891 on: May 27, 2024, 03:10:13 PM »

Thanks, Lani - a very long ancestral history...for him and also for you!....

Hope you get to move back there some day..

karengramke

« Reply #4892 on: May 27, 2024, 04:03:47 PM »

Kb witnessed the missing man formation, to honor the dead !   Very touching  formation.

kbshcb

« Reply #4893 on: May 27, 2024, 04:09:06 PM »

Kb witnessed the missing man formation, to honor the dead !   Very touching  formation.

Yep and I waved at them off my deck.

karengramke

« Reply #4894 on: May 27, 2024, 05:39:17 PM »

Severe thunderstorms, etc on the East coast today!  Hope bl, Pip,  Lisa and Jeff are ok!  The furry ones too,  as well as others .  ,Kentucky took a beating from this one earlier !   Just  looked at the  radar and There   are storms  in Iowa, Mn, Wi and Illinois as well!.  Stay safe people and birdies!     Speaking of which, I have multiple little heads peeking out of my finch nest!   Second batch!
« Last Edit: May 27, 2024, 06:00:10 PM by karengramke »

LisaG1967

« Reply #4895 on: May 27, 2024, 05:56:19 PM »

((kb))- Happy Heavenly Birthday to Scott!

nr - Your roasted veggie pizza sounds delish.  Glad to hear the WF osprey are doing ok. 

ssrl - That really does sound like a good program.

tsk - So, a cool down after the rain.  The Annapolis Memorial Day parade was cancelled this morning, cause of the rain. I hope they did not cancel the parade near you.

clynn - Thanks for the other collage for the Beakers.

E4E - Thank you...we are getting some rest and the kitties too.   :)

Good night, everyone  :)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #4896 on: May 27, 2024, 06:17:37 PM »

TIG  I enjoyed fishing in the rain as well.  Great sounds.  :)

CLYNN  Great memory collage of our Beakers.  Lets hope not too many more to add to that list  :-*

KB  Lucky those planes were able to fly with such inclement weather.

LISA   I just checked FB and the parade went on and looked well attended.  Now I wish I had gone. :P

PHYL   Hope your day went OK today.
Chicagoland

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #4897 on: May 27, 2024, 11:40:34 PM »

Kb, Awesome sighting of The Missing Man Formation. Great pic of the plane... we will have our ashes buried in Mike's family plot.

SED Lisa, Tsk, Karen, and all Beakers  sorry for the storms, stay safe, take care.... :-*

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Lisa, Jeff and Family, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Clynn,  Tig, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Lisa, Jeff and Family, Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Denton eaglets and nest, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #4898 on: May 28, 2024, 06:03:32 AM »

Good Morning Everyone ! 

Currently: 52F clear , High  80F sunny,  Low 52F

The trees are volunteer  Ribbon elm,  willow and red bud. Plus some volunteer bushes of unknown heritage.
The willow is all I care about keeping. It was the first  here 20yrs ago. All the birds favor  this one, as do I.

Maggie ... the vet that took her from Dr. Steele who's Maggie's real full time vet. Are not renewing  the Rx  for her blood pressure medication that would keep her heart murmur controlled. Not sure if it's the holidays (memorial Day) messing this up or  ‘what’?    Another 'thing' I have to call on and debate.
Bottom line, All I know Maggie feels safe with Dr Steele . And I trust her.

I have a series of appointments just waiting for some time to get them rescheduled as I have to fit them in to the calendar  using all of Jim’s time.  And more on  as they develop.

CLynn  I’ve seen those kitty strollers pretty cool idea.

Lani very glad you posted the collage of our late Beakroom members. Thank you

Dina, Sauces nest Channel Islands, California   5-19-21

Prayers for: The Beakroom and Cheers.; Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people.  Greenfield, IA;Laken Riley, all those like her and family .
 'Little Gray' and 'Little One' ...All abandoned, abused , lost cats ... stray, unloved, homeless stray and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere .

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#istandwithisrael

Phyl

#istandwithisrael

Phyl

#istandwithisrael

Phyl

« Reply #4901 on: May 28, 2024, 06:09:21 AM »

A misty 'Good Morning' from Mississippi River Flyway Cam
May 28, 2024 6:07 AM
Camera Time: May 28, 2024 6:07 AM CDT
Birchwoman

#istandwithisrael

Phyl

« Reply #4902 on: May 28, 2024, 06:13:57 AM »

Decorah North Eagles
May 28, 2024 6:09 AM
Camera Time: May 28, 2024 6:09 AM CDT
Birchwoman

DN17 and 18.
Chat says there was an owl strike, about 4:14 am,  that almost hit Mom. But, all is well.  ;) :-*

#istandwithisrael

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #4903 on: May 28, 2024, 06:19:03 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Phyl, interesting lithium article, good and bad. Hope they can figure it out! Did your red bud tree flower? I think they are pretty trees! I love trees and would have a forest in my yard if I could! Even love the pines that drip sap on me! Gorgeous picture of the North nest and the area around it! Why did this new vet get Maggie's care? Is your regular one retiring? I do not understand how vets can deny prescriptions to pets. Our old one wouldn't approve Harley's prescription food because he hadn't had his yearly check up. So I switched to a new vet when we got the kittens. Speaking of Sam & Sophie:

Lani, thanks for posting our Beakers that we miss. It's nice to see it at the end of the day, a reminder that we haven't forgotten them. Ed and I will have our ashes buried at the Veteran's Cemetery in Adel, Iowa.\ so we won't be far from you and Mike! Although we are both from Illinois and most of our families are there, Erin and Kelsey will always be Iowans since they were both so young when we moved here in 1996. I know you loved your time in Kansas, I can tell by the way you talk about it...

tsk, we had two or three quick downpours yesterday, the sun popped out right after the rain stopped. A bit of thunder too! No rain i the forecast today, maybe the mud will get to dry out! We have no grass on one side of the house, it's very shady and we have put gravel in but it needs more! And in front of the little shed, muddy.

Lisa, glad to hear that you are getting some rest. I am sure you still have a lot to deal with! Thinking about you a lot...

karen, you have little finches again! They love that spot on your porch! Do they use the same nest or do they rebuild it every year? I have notices that Robins use the same nest for one season of 2 or 3 clutches, but they build new the next year.

kb, glad you got to see the Missing Man Formation. I found a short video of the Blue Angels performing it"  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFvDMTJCiDQ

Not far from the border between Utah and Wyoming is a compelling natural landmark: Devil’s Slide

« Last Edit: May 28, 2024, 06:35:14 AM by clynndunn »
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Phyl

« Reply #4904 on: May 28, 2024, 06:21:34 AM »

Great Spirit Bluff Falcons - Cliff View
May 28, 2024 6:17 AM
Camera Time: May 28, 2024 6:17 AM CDT
Birchwoman

Newman...are y ou calling for U09?  :-*