Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 506671 times)

LisaG1967

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #420 on: January 13, 2024, 09:15:52 AM »

Good Morning Beakers......It's Caturday!!!

tig - LOL, a shoot'em up.

Emy - Stay safe and warm!

Phyl - Hope all the meds kick in quickly for Jim.

Lani - Sweet sleeping kitty last night. 

oldguy - Wow, Iowa is closed!  Many thanks for the videos.  Aww, Cash is 14! 

Phyl - Very nice of the dealership to let you all take the Kia home, and to return today to pay.  Thanks for the 365.

clynn - Love the old warehouse/new apartments.  The college that Bradley went to in Savannah, GA - Savannah College of Art & Design, they did that with alot of the old building around Savannah.  They would make them into dorms, classroom buildings, etc.  Erin & Sydney are great kids!

tsk - Awww, those kitties!!

Puff, karen, kb and all - Morning  :)

kbshcb

« Reply #421 on: January 13, 2024, 09:31:55 AM »

bbrrrrrounce

KB.. it looks like we got about an inch to 1.5. I'm glad the wind blew a lot off the roof. Will need to assess maybe Wednesday. Will run a path down the sidewalk as we have an event to attend this afternoon.

BL... 11, 842 lakes of 10 acres or more. Back in 1962 a survey found over 15k lake basins, but a good number were dry.

TTFN

I'm in and done both decks and driveway. It actually wasn't broomable!..had to shovel first and then broom. But was not heavy..have no idea how much we got with all the wind. Shoveable though.

Emyrauld

« Reply #422 on: January 13, 2024, 10:01:33 AM »

For Caturday and programmers
A sense of humor can help you overlook the unattractive, tolerate the unpleasant, cope with the unexpected and smile through the unbearable....Moshe Woldoks

Puff

« Reply #423 on: January 13, 2024, 10:09:57 AM »

kb  I find the cat's reaction fascinating.  The epitome of a cat's curiosity.
Anyone out there with tats ever had that reaction?

My quesstimate is 10 inches of snow Thursday night to this morning.  Haven't been hanging out with weather people, but walking across yard this a.m., that was about it in my area.  How about you tsk?

Stiff fingers still; colder than I thought, windier, too.  Had to abandon the wagon; snow too deep and top 2" frozen over.  But it was worth it.  Coming up into the kitchen I could see a couple goldfinch already chomping away on the nyger.  (Not sure, can finches actually chomp?)

Anyway - Had to follow orders.  I was getting threatening messages tapped out on the glass - Feed us or else!

When I left to go out it was 24; now at 21.

P
« Last Edit: January 13, 2024, 10:29:11 AM by Puff »

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #424 on: January 13, 2024, 12:19:13 PM »

Happy Caturday Beakers!
Morning Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Kb, sweet cat checking out tattoo  ;D

Puff Never been on a snowmobile before. That would be a trip!!  8) .. We've been to quite a few different ski resorts during spring breaks with the kids, but Copper Mountain sticks in my mind. I wish I would have explored snowmobile tour there. But a snowmobile trip through Yellowstone! Now that would be a something special! We've been there in the summer and experienced the bisons walking next to our small tour van. That was something!!!  ;D 8) ... how wonderful it must be for you to have so many special memories of your travels. I was looking online at the Lofoten Isles in Norway this morning. Have you taken the cruise around Norway? Or British isles, like Shetland? ...  take care when out feeding your critters. There's something ominous about tapping messages on your window.  ;D

Clynn A lot of work for {{{Erin and Sydney}}} in two hours... I've never been on a snowmobile, that would be an adventure...  10 straight days of rain for Medford, Mike told Aly maybe they will drown the fleas. Where Aly lives had an infestation of fleas this past fall. Poor Dewey had to have a flea bath on paws and tummy after every trip outside. I guess that's normal for her area.  :-\ ... so she's decided to look for another rental this month.... {{{Harley}}} ...Love the old warehouse/new apartments, a great idea .... -16 Take care

Oldguy, sorry to hear Iowa's closed! Cute Santi video  ;D and robot feeding cat.  :)

BL, I always enjoy your writings on your trips, including Antarctica in those warm summer temps! LOL! WOW!  :o.... There's cold and then there's COLD!

Phyl, very nice dealership, that's a great pr move on their part...  gorgeous Great Grey Owl watching the wolf pack.... {{{Jim, Phyl and Maggie}}}

Lisa, sweet morning pic.... Is Bradley still able to continue working at home?

Tig, take care

Emy, Love your Caturday post! I've seen my cats do that, and I wonder why! They have their own dish. LOL!
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #425 on: January 13, 2024, 01:28:27 PM »

PUFF   It had to be that all the quiet you observed was when the snow mobile was off???  ::) ::)   4-4.5" in my driveway yesterday ( official at the airport was 4.5")  and another 1.5" this AM.  Lots of burbs got much more - like you.  My brother in Milw described lots of branches down blocking streets and power outages.  Both Wisc brothers reported 10" or more.    At your own risk the backyard birds can now survive  ;) ;) :-* :-*

KB    Too cute - kitty and tattoo  ;D

LISA   Snuggly AM kitty  ;D

EMY   LOLOLOLOL  Of course.

LANI   Oh no, flea infestation.  Dang.  Now having to move again...
Chicagoland

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #426 on: January 13, 2024, 01:57:39 PM »

Hi Beakers!

Kb - Sounds like your Nephew knows how to go ice fishing with comfort!  I've not heard of an ice fishing house! :)   Just read your Nephew's name and definitely your Scott is smiling on Scott! ;D :)    Liked hearing about your Scott's fishing days!  I remember you posting the mounted huge Muskie fish - quite a treasure in your house. :)

BL - Wow!! What an awesome story of finding that long lost HS ring!!  Such nice folks owning that property and what a happy ending with a cerveza and a barbecue!! ;D 8)

Tig - Pelican Lake  ;D  I can see how you chose to fish there all those years!!  Thanks for link.

Tsk - Lol! Tim just likes to drive out! I do too. ;D

Emy - Yikes, sure hope you are able to keep warm. :o

Phyl - Hope Jim feels a lil better each day. :)   Nice of the Service garage to have let Jim take the car without paying - they probably know and trust you guys! :)

Lani - Having lakes nearby sound like fun to enjoy during Spring & Summer months! :)   How wonderful to see all the variety of birds and other wildlife!! :)   You & Mike live in a beautiful area. ;D

OG - You were up really late (looking at your time of post)!  Amazing about Iowa. :o   Thanks for all links!  Love Quarantine kids - Cash is 14 years old now!

I need to get busy again around here, so I will be back later to catch up!  Beakers have a nice Saturday.  Keep safe & warm.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #428 on: January 13, 2024, 02:43:22 PM »

T40   And who said cats were dumb  LOL   Great slo-mo of cat's yawn  :o   WOW  plane accuracy!   GREAT EC and GH  :o
GYM class song  LOLOL
Chicagoland

BrokenLug

« Reply #429 on: January 13, 2024, 03:38:54 PM »

Scott (my Scott) caught his big muskie through the ice on Rush Lake, MN....at the time it was the state record.
I don't know how to do the maps you guys did, LOL.

KB I want to shoot you a topo map image of Rush Lake, MN.

As camperstig pointed out there is more than one however ...

KB there are 5 Rush Lakes in MN do you happen to know which one Scott caught the Muskie in ?

Lake name       MN County
1)Rush            Jackson          
2)Rush            Otter Tail          
3)Rush            Cass    
4)Rush            Sherburne          
5)Rush (East)    Chisago          
  Rush (West)    Chisago
« Last Edit: January 13, 2024, 04:10:25 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

kbshcb

« Reply #430 on: January 13, 2024, 04:36:49 PM »

BL - so far I've narrowed it down to:
Sherboune County or
Chisago County.

My guess at this point would be Chisago.....why?...closer to Minneapolis and he hunted in Chisago and had a brother who lived in Now Then and friends in that neck of the woods?

For sure not south nor far NW MN

Thanks...also he said due north?

Edit: Now I remember him saying Rush City! East or West Rush Lake I would have no idea.
Whichever had the biggest muskies is what I'd say, LOL

https://www.presspubs.com/isanti/news/large-musky-caught-on-west-rush-lake/article_0edc59fc-d1cd-11e1-ac2c-001a4bcf887a.html
they stock Rush Lake in Chisago County with Muskie!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2024, 05:12:07 PM by kbshcb »

LisaG1967

« Reply #431 on: January 13, 2024, 05:58:23 PM »

Puff - I had to LOL at your comment, I was getting threatening messages tapped out on the glass - Feed us or else!  I feel like that sometimes, when the squirrels are looking for peanuts.  ;D

Lani - Bradley is still working from home.  Oh no, poor Dewey, and the fleas.  I hope Aly can find some place else.  Beautiful kitty this morning.

tsk - Wow, you and your brothers did get alot of snow. 

E4E - Hope you had a good Saturday.

T40 - Thanks for the videos, almost done watching.  :)

I hope all Beakers have been staying safe and warm.  We started out at 52° this morning, the wind started picking up around 11am.  It started getting colder with the wind, and it is still gusting every now and then outside.  I saw a couple days ago, that we were going to have 1 to 3 inches of snow on Tuesday, but that has now changed on TWC. 

Good night, everyone  :)

BrokenLug

« Reply #432 on: January 13, 2024, 06:14:28 PM »

BL - so far I've narrowed it down to:
Sherboune County or
Chisago County.

My guess at this point would be Chisago.....why?...closer to Minneapolis and he hunted in Chisago and had a brother who lived in Now Then and friends in that neck of the woods?

For sure not south nor far NW MN

Thanks...also he said due north?

Edit: Now I remember him saying Rush City! East or West Rush Lake I would have no idea.
Whichever had the biggest muskies is what I'd say, LOL

https://www.presspubs.com/isanti/news/large-musky-caught-on-west-rush-lake/article_0edc59fc-d1cd-11e1-ac2c-001a4bcf887a.html
they stock Rush Lake in Chisago County with Muskie!

Kb I'm going to hazard a guess from what I've read that Scott caught his Muskie on West Rush.   8)

https://www.northlandtackle.com/east-and-west-rush-lakes-chisago-county-minnesota/

Here's a cropped image of Rush Lake from a 1983 USGS 7.5' Quadrangle.   :)
U. S. A.

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #433 on: January 13, 2024, 06:16:13 PM »

T40, great video clips! Still chuckling over 'Let's Get Physical'!!  Love the slo...mo.. of the Maine Coon y-a-w-n... Here is a spot Sophie fount to take a nap... the router...

E4E, so did you get busy? I haven't done much today, too busy playing with the kittens!

tsk, -9 right now, wind chill -35 with the 25 mph wind. Have not even gone out for the mail today... ::) At least 8" yesterday, airport said 10".

Lani, I talked to Becky today, she said they are getting freezing rain now, maybe some snow later. Not usual for them...  :o  Oh no, fleas!  Poor Dewey! I would look for another place too, she may never be safe from them if it's someone close by who is sharing them...

Puff, my bird feeders are almost empty, I need to get them filled but the door out of the deck is blocked by a huge snow drift and I can't open it! Need to go around the house, through the gate, and I bet I can't open it either. And then get the snow off the steps and the 12" off the tops of the feeders!  It will warm up to 1 on Monday, maybe I can do it then...

Lisa, I love old buildings turned into something useful!  There is a family business in Oregon that buys old historic buildings and turns them into businesses. McMenamins.  https://www.mcmenamins.com/edgefield/discover/history

Gotta go fix some food for Ed & Kelsey!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2024, 06:41:25 PM by clynndunn »
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #434 on: January 13, 2024, 06:25:51 PM »

Wish we could all warm up around this!

LisaG - Savannah College! Nice to hear that Bradley went there! :)

Kb - Hope you take care with all the shoveling & brooming.  You are getting your exercise, and that's for sure!  But please; no over-doing okay? :o

Emy - Love your post for Caturday!  So cute!

Puff - So nice of you to go out and set something out for the birdies!!  I am still setting out 'nectar' for the hummers, but there are only a couple of them now.  I am wondering if soon, they will be totally gone and I won't see any for a while??  I guess I will have to wait and see. ;)

Lani - I have not been on a snowmobile either!

Clynn - Erin and Sydney sure are special to those folks in your neighborhood!!  Good peeps, they are!!!! :-* :)

Tsk - Wow!! Tons of snow for you too. :o  You & Tim take care with shoveling/brooming.

BL - That is so great of you to help Kb figure out where Scott landed that huge Muskie! :)

LisaG - Good to hear that Bradley is still working from home. :)   Yes, we had a nice Saturday- stayed home and did things indoors - too cold outside, even for us in Ca! :-[

Beakers stay warm and safe. SEDs  :)