Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 349293 times)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #375 on: January 12, 2024, 10:52:43 AM »

KB   Good news - your sentimental watch woke up   ;D    Can you imagine living that close to a derailment?

LISA  Vernon Hills is about 21 miles north of me.  I think we are at the southern end of this as Wisconsin will be buried as I noticed on the Weather Channel this morning.

PHYL   I didn't have to look up the Blue footed booby ;D.  Love that name  ;D    If the bump is tiny tiny than I would leave it.  Esp if it doesn't interfere with breathing or cause pain.   Noticed that most of those major storms happened in the NY area!!

BL   WOW  for EMY those temps are in F. 

Snow had stopped about an hour ago so went out and snowblowed 4" which is a good amount for our Toro snowblower.  It is heavy and wet.  I think we are getting round 2 later.  Will check the weather.  I do believe Wisc will be buried.
Just listened to the weather - This is it for now.  Only 1-3" more tonight.
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #376 on: January 12, 2024, 12:37:42 PM »

Phyl - Oh, I cannot even imagine the pain and recovery of having the nose broke again.  I am sure you will make the right decision on what to do. ((hugs)) 

karen - You be safe with the rain headed your way. 

tsk - I was wondering how close that was to you.  Yikes on Wisconsin!

BrokenLug

« Reply #377 on: January 12, 2024, 01:25:56 PM »

Winter Storm HEATHER.
Quote from: TWC
A​s for what the storm will actually bring to parts of the South and East, here's what we know:

Snow and ice could spread into the Southern Plains beginning Sunday or Sunday night, then into the mid-South on Monday.
Some snow from this system might then spread into the East on Tuesday or Wednesday.
Details are still highly uncertain since there are questions about the track of the system as well as how much moisture will be available in order to produce any snow or ice in all of the above-mentioned areas.
C​heck back to weather.com for more details in the coming days.

Here's the one I'll be keeping an eye on once Gerri is done having his way with the USA.   ::)
U. S. A.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #378 on: January 12, 2024, 01:45:35 PM »

BL  I'm enjoying all your weather updates... ;D
Chicagoland

BrokenLug

« Reply #379 on: January 12, 2024, 02:05:57 PM »

Some very unusual weather occurring across the country at this time.
Every single State in the country has some type of weather Advisory, Watch or Warning in some part of the State ..  :o

And 3 days later it's happened once again.  :o ::)

https://x.com/NWS/status/1745825453393256917?s=20

At this time (3 pm EST) it looks like the only state that doesn't have any A. W. W. is Arizona .. hows it looking there Lani ?  :)

https://www.weather.gov/
« Last Edit: January 12, 2024, 02:12:43 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #380 on: January 12, 2024, 02:20:34 PM »

Low 31 - high 59 - chance of showers

Emy - Like the 'Welcome to January'! ;D

BL - Thank you for 'National Weather Service' graphic - good info.

OG - Wow :o  Lots of snow on your deck - be careful out there. :o ::)

Karen - Good for you in that good report with your doctor visit! :)

Tig - Did you make it over to the pool this morning before the weather set in again?

Lani - I didn't realize you lived near a lake! That must be really nice. :)   Safe travels for Mike.

Phyl - Awe, that is sad Maggie was sick to her tummy yesterday - I hope today is a bit better.  So sorry for all the cleaning up you had to do.  You deserve a nap!
Thank you for 365-those wolf tracks!    Just read what the doctor said about your nose. That is a tough decision. {{Phyl}}

Clynn - I see your eye appt is postponed until next Thursday - hopefully the weather gets a bit better. Take care {{Clynn}} :-*

Kb - Cute baby mt lion this a.m.!  Maybe one of these days during summer, you can get a hold of a metal detector and see if you can find some of your lost jewelry out in your yard! :)   I sure hope you never lose anything Scott gave you!
I posted the above message message before reading what you've just said about putting your loads of leaves and stuff into buckets and it being taken to the Landfill!  I still think you could find something in your yard!! :)

Tsk - Take care with all that snow in your area.  I know I've mentioned it already, but I nearly always watch Al Roker on the Today Show with his weather report!  Hope Tim isn't having to drive in that everyday?!

Hi LisaG, Lori, Baz  :)

Beakers take care - be safe & warm.

BrokenLug

« Reply #381 on: January 12, 2024, 02:47:14 PM »

Not that anyone in the middle of the country isn't aware of the arctic blast that's coming or already here but ...

Put your best warm gear on if you have to go outside.   8)

These are morning low temperatures (ambient not wind chill) in F°.    Brrrr...

That is a whole lot of USA real estate in the - F° to single digits. Bundle up buttercup.  :P
« Last Edit: January 12, 2024, 02:57:19 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #382 on: January 12, 2024, 03:22:40 PM »

bounce

The pool was a nice 85 degrees and I did not need to go early. The snow was being held off by the cold, dry air over us. We went to a movie at 12:30. When we came out around 2:45 there was light snow.
Home safe and warm.

SED
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

kbshcb

« Reply #383 on: January 12, 2024, 03:30:26 PM »

Ha, my nephew is now ice fishing on Pelican Lake MN....with 2 other friends. Current temp is 2 above not counting wind chill.

A big however. They rented an ice fishing house....who knew?..hear it has a hole already augered inside, and it's like a house!...Scott is turning over in his grave I'm sure..LOL

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #384 on: January 12, 2024, 03:45:02 PM »

KB - which Pelican? There are 5...   ::)
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

BrokenLug

« Reply #385 on: January 12, 2024, 03:45:57 PM »

Kb - Cute baby mt lion this a.m.!  Maybe one of these days during summer, you can get a hold of a metal detector and see if you can find some of your lost jewelry out in your yard! :)   
I sure hope you never lose anything Scott gave you!
I posted the above message message before reading what you've just said about putting your loads of leaves and stuff into buckets and it being taken to the Landfill!  I still think you could find something in your yard!! :)

Beakers take care - be safe & warm.

My high school friend Frank was playing football on his parent's large property just after his high school graduation.
When he went to throw the football his just received graduation ring went sailing off with the ball.
He figured he'd just walk the course of the ball and pick it up.
Many people for many days searched high and low for it to no avail including me. 

-30 something years later -
Frank and I borrowed another friends pretty high end metal detector.
The property had been through a few owners after his parents sold it by then.

We knocked on the door of the present owners and explained the story and what we wanted to try do.

An hour or 2 of walking a grid in the area he remembered throwing the ball -beep-beep-buzz-buzz- 

You Know That No Way Look.
Dug out 2 inches under the grass lawn it was reunited with Frank B. the III.  :)

We thanked the homeowner for letting us look and letting us retrieve the ring. No lawn damage of course.   8)

They were so happy for him that they broke out las cervezas and invited us to their barbecue on the deck Frank's father had built.    8) 8)
U. S. A.

kbshcb

« Reply #386 on: January 12, 2024, 03:51:10 PM »

Breezy Point

BrokenLug

« Reply #387 on: January 12, 2024, 04:22:54 PM »

camperstig the one where it's 2 degrees in MN.    :P

https://tinyurl.com/yvjhvnuq

I've been in some ice fishing huts on skids over the years that would make a worthy north woods cabin cry uncle to the "coziness" of it all.   :)

kb cool cool. And BTW Scott is smiling from his grave.  :-* 

As the hook it mantra goes may your nephews Muskie fit thru his ice hole.    ;)

In my ice fishing experience the best thing ever caught in one is a really cold morning hangover.  ;) ;)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2024, 04:36:53 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

kbshcb

« Reply #388 on: January 12, 2024, 04:38:16 PM »

camperstig the one where it's 2 degrees in MN.    :P

https://tinyurl.com/yvjhvnuq

I've been in some ice fishing huts on skids over the years that would make a worthy north woods cabin cry uncle to the "coziness" of it all.   :)

kb cool cool. And BTW Scott is smiling from his grave.  :-* 

As the hook it mantra goes may your nephews Muskie fit thru his ice hole.    ;)

In my ice fishing experience the best thing ever caught in one is a really cold morning hangover.  ;) ;)
LOL, perhaps BL
I made that comment cause when Scott ice fished there were no so called "hotels" on ice!

Yes, I'm sure he's smiling....and oh btw, I never said but this nephew of mine is also named
Scott so, Scott smiling down at Scott!

BrokenLug

« Reply #389 on: January 12, 2024, 04:43:07 PM »

8) 8) 8)

Yeah what's with the young bones inside of 4 walls at that age @ -20° any who.  ;D

LOL.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2024, 07:28:04 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.