Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 593172 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #360 on: January 12, 2024, 06:45:43 AM »

Good Morning Everyone...TGIF !  

Currently 48F     High  57F sunny,  Low 21F 

What a day yesterday!  Maggie barfed in all but every room of the house, leaving blotches and trails  ...kitchen not so bad. Livingroom, stairs , our bedroom ---wingback with fitted slipcover and cedar chest---do you have any idea what cat barf does to wood finish?  ::)  From there the spare room (computer, study). My fault as I didn't think to add a smaller dish  to tilt her food dish. There was no problem with the water though.  Well now I know!
All that and chores too---I was worn out  by dinner. Afterwards,   still up as Jim wanted some 'research' on something.  I need a nap and I just got up!

CLynn this is your 'big day' with doc...wishing you the best!!

BBL

Prayers for:   Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.

Reminded me of my high school colors, school song
"...blue and gold, we love thee, colors brave and true."

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #361 on: January 12, 2024, 06:48:09 AM »

Sauces bald eagle cam

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #362 on: January 12, 2024, 07:00:26 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Well, the Dr's office called yesterday, the doc I was to see this morning will not be in today so re-scheduled for Thursday. They promised to call me if they had any cancellations. Can't blame him, we are getting another blizzard today!  Windy and very low temps.

Phyl, pretty 365. Puzzling tracks, do wolves actually walk on all fours in a straight line? Wow! And the raised tracks at the end? Oh poor Maggie, she didn't know what to do!  The kittens are still up in our bedroom, Harley is here beside me. We take the kittens up to our room for the night so Harley can have some time on the main floor Soon he will be sent to the Mole Hole to be with Ed (which he loves) and we will bring the kittens down. We haven't really put them together yet, we are trying to get Harley used to the scent of the kittens. I think they are too small yet for a confrontation. He is a big cat!

Lani, love the picture of the Alby at sunrise...  Freezing rain and snow in Corvallis, OR tonight. 211 miles from Corvallis to Medford...

karen, my regular Dr put me on a statin, this one is also supposed to lower risk of heart issues. I don't like being on a statin either.

oldguy, glad I have a snowblower already! And plenty of Snow Melt.  It was always $6.99 for the shaker jug at our grocery store, even last winter. I got one earlier this week, it was $9.99. The Des Moines airport said 11.5" of snow Tuesday. Predicting around 8" for today. Wow, 3 people just to keep the snow shovels and ice melt on the floor!

tsk, well, now that you are done with your January to do list do you just get to lounge around and eat bonbons?  ;D ;D I don't think you could!  Sounds like a good way to relax, watching for eagles on a lake...

Lori, I hope you are able to get your Grandma's situation straightened out! Sometimes I am amazed at the little things that get attention when so much fraud is going on that they can't seem to control. How is Destini doing these days, has she had a spa visit lately?

Emy, brrrr... Do take care, I remember similar but not quite as extreme days when we lived in Duluth. And I was a kid with no cares!

Got to go get Kelsey up, she is usually up at 6:30!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #363 on: January 12, 2024, 07:56:49 AM »

GOOD MORNING

Our first real winter event has arrived.  Can hardly see across the street.  Schools closed and businesses in town.  YIKES
Will come in two phases supposedly

OLDGUY   Your storm has hit my back yard but will have no where near the numbers you have accumulated!!!  WOW
Volcano update  :o

KAREN   It is Beck Lake  - part of the Forest Preserve system.  It is very close to the Golf road exit on 294 south  I saw an oriole nest there - my first - a couple years ago.    Good  cholesterol.  Doc told me I would never get off my statin. 

LANI   It is on my list to sit at Beck Lake - but not today  LOLOL

PHYL   Yes I know what cat barf does to wood finish!!  Poor Maggie.  Hope today is a better one.  Good 365

CLYNN   Stay safe and cozy today.  I suspect the kids schools are closed?  Dang  what timing for your eye appt.  :(
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #364 on: January 12, 2024, 08:42:18 AM »

Oh you scare me baby mountain lion!.....too cute.

Scary weather for many here...take care.

Eagles4 - Yah!....my watch charged itself sitting in the "low in the sky" sun....it's been running for over 12 hours now and only about 5 minutes late....the next sunny day I'll do the same for a longer time frame.

It's a relatively old (by today's standards) citizen eco drive watch...with crystals. I love it as Scott bought it for me with a matching bracelet about 18 years ago now...I'd be lost if it stopped working...I've lost many pieces of jewelry gardening (other bracelets and even a necklace) but not these two. Great locking systems on them.

LisaG1967

« Reply #365 on: January 12, 2024, 09:24:50 AM »

Good Morning Beakers....Happy Friday!

BL - Thanks for the weather links. 

Emy - Stay safe and warm!

oldguy - Thanks for the videos, and stay safe and warm. 

karen - I have been wondering the same about baz.  I hope all is OK.

tig - Hope you can make it to the pool this morning. 

Lani - Beautiful good night pic from Royal cam!

Phyl - So sorry that Maggie was having a bad day, and you had alot of clean up.   :(
Thanks for the 365.

clynn - I hope you can get a cancellation appointment before next Thursday, fingers crossed. 

tsk - One of my friends, who has a cousin who lives in Vernon Hills, IL, sent me a text of the snow they were getting.  I can imagine yours must looks about the same. 

kb - I have always loved Citizen watches.  Cute baby mountain lion.

BrokenLug

« Reply #366 on: January 12, 2024, 09:33:13 AM »

Baz last posted on January 06, 2024, 06:58:03 PM.

Baz everything ok in NC ??

Give us a shout out if you can.   :)
U. S. A.

Phyl

« Reply #367 on: January 12, 2024, 09:47:33 AM »

{{{Karen}}} good  lab results...

Lani  lovely  sunset at Taiaroa Head, New Zealand

Lisa/Karen/Tsk the fracture is healed  And has left me with a  tiny, tiny bony 'bump' on the bridge of my nose. ENT wants to break my nose,  again,  and 'remove' the 'bump'.  Oh, I don't know about that  right now.  Maybe not good idea not to wait though?    Otherwise, my nose and I can get on like before the fracture. Doc knows it keeps hurting.

CLynn hopefully you're appt will be earler in the week; Brrrrrr! for you folks.  Jim was later for work---an  hour, then this rain, I haven't heard . Think I'll call him after 10am as he's suppose to be at lunch.

OG   Thanks for links; Iceland update; Q-Kids

Emy  Brrrr! Keep warm , take care

Bazi What 'ya doing?

T40 thanks for info on  bomb cyclone /polar vortex.

KB quite adorable bobcat kit  practicing hit's roar  :-* :-* :-*; good luck with the atomic watch. I never wear jewelery while working in garden and what all. Perhaps, you'll find it all one day or can get the items repaired whichever the case.

BLWeather reports show everyone  in US getting hit  with 'this' mess; next week we get snowfall...Jim wearing his parka at work as he's out in this all day being 'nice to the customers'  The South isn't suppose to get  SNOW

But, right now,  47F with heavy rain, lightening, thunder and dear old Mother Nature rolling around in her bed.  The high forecast is    58F  with Thunder storms. And
 Tonight a low of  27F.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2024, 09:58:11 AM by Phyl »

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #368 on: January 12, 2024, 09:49:31 AM »

The Biggest Snow Storms in US History
We trudge back in time to revisit some of the worst blizzards in U.S. history.

https://www.history.com/news/major-blizzards-in-u-s-history?cmpid=email-hist-inside-history-2024-0110-01102024&om_rid=

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Last Edit: January 12, 2024, 09:56:01 AM by Phyl »

Sauces bald eagle cam

BrokenLug

« Reply #370 on: January 12, 2024, 09:53:34 AM »

Phyl I take it you will not be attending the Kansas City game Saturday night.   ;)   ;D

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39283620/coldest-ever-nfl-playoff-games-chiefs-dolphins-2023-frozen
U. S. A.

Phyl

« Reply #371 on: January 12, 2024, 09:57:17 AM »

LOL BL Nope. Me not think so.  ;)

Sauces bald eagle cam

BrokenLug

« Reply #372 on: January 12, 2024, 10:23:05 AM »

We finally got some snow a couple of days ago.  And with it came the cold.  It is presently -34C with a windchill factor of -49C.  This cheery note came today from a comedian some have come to call Canada’s dad.

https://youtu.be/uQ5vL-zQtcw?si=V8jnD71LC871dGxC

On a more positive note, my nose indicates I am healthy.

Yikes Emyrauld. You do take care in those kind of temps.   :o :o
« Last Edit: January 12, 2024, 10:35:12 AM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

karengramke

« Reply #373 on: January 12, 2024, 10:40:55 AM »

Good Morning!   
Rain supposed to start here soon and continue off and on all day until z5 or 6 pm.  Temps now in the 40s and will increase all day until it is 70 degrees at dinner time!  This looks like the end of our good temps for the near future and soon our first freezing weather!  I do miss the beautiful snows in Chicago and in North carolina.  The quiet white covering the ground and making lacy patterns on the trees is breathtaking!  Do not miss removing it or the dirty piles taking up half of the store parking lots!   Every place in the world has its charm!
Clynn,  sorry about your issues in getting to tje doctor!  Hope the next appointment is a go!
Had a wrist rebroken as a kid. Phyl. 

Tsk, interesting about the little lake!   Wonder if you live in Golf if tge eagles visit your back yard!   Love that little town.   Do not get out and do too much heavy work!
A former co workers mother lived in Duluth and got up every. Two hours, during the night, to shovel snow so she could get out in the morning!  Finally moved!
My friend in Springfield has a solar watch and it charges in daylight or in house lights!   Sun not required! 

Lisa, my step mother lived just north of Vernon Hills!   When I grew up that area was almost all farm land. Except for the area  along the lake!  Crowded now!    All take care and stay warm!   Phyl, what was tge result of Jims appointment!

kbshcb

« Reply #374 on: January 12, 2024, 10:41:26 AM »

Phyl - since I've been gardening front and back long since I lost my jewelry, I'm pretty sure where they ended up. In the lawn care bucket...I pick up loads of leaves and perennials and such and drop it in buckets or large cans...
Makes me wonder if one took a metal detector to the lawn care landfill what one might find!..but who knows, would be fun to find something in my yard yet.

A very long article but easy read....esp. as they have diagrams of the train that moves as it derailed in PA.
By ProPublica....not everything I read from them do I agree with, but this one seems obvious. Too long of trains with heaviest in the back and manual brakes on hills in the front!....what?...For those who want to understand the recent in time train derailment issue.
I gotta read while I clean for probably the next 10 days so...ha.
https://www.propublica.org/article/train-derailment-long-trains