Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 326086 times)

kbshcb

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #345 on: January 11, 2024, 12:20:36 PM »

How dreary has it been here?

My solar powered watch has stopped working...I took it off and have it sitting in a window in the sun. May or may not charge as it's been intermittently not working for weeks now....duh..

We shall see as they say.

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #346 on: January 11, 2024, 12:43:39 PM »

Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #347 on: January 11, 2024, 12:49:20 PM »

Our 6-9"  snowfall will begin after midnight tonight.  Like KAREN  Living about 17 miles from the Lake may spare us a bit. We shall see.

KAREN  Good luck with 6 mo. check-up  :)

CLYNN  Funny sheep.  ;D   Yes my main goals for January are done.  Wall to wall bookshelf in office and Quick Shined my wood floors.  Also emptied ( of moveable things) mud room/laundry and swept, swiffered and washed the floor twice!   The kind of job no one really sees.  ::) ::)   Now updating handouts my ministry uses for our clients.    So hard to even look at those old cigarette commercials!   Cool pic of the Mark Barker stealing its way into port....

LISA   I like the chocolate chip part of that cocoa  ;) ;)

LANI   How sweet - Moose and Elmo in the gym catching a snuggle.

LORI   GREAT wintry posts this AM .  Will be us tomorrow.  ::)

5 miles from me is a lake - I think man made and stocked.  On FB yesterday someone posted a pic of an eagle grabbing a fish out of the lake - I'm tempted to go sit there for a few hours  LOLOL
Chicagoland

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #348 on: January 11, 2024, 12:51:15 PM »

Lani,Clynn, Oldguy, tsk, Lisa, tig, kbs, phyl, e4e, Karen, Puff & ALL, 

Thank you so much for my beautiful birthday wishes, emails, cards in the mail & cards online and yummy cakes, I even got 2 Acura's! Thanks for the teggy oldguyLani the post was so cute of the dog & squirrel the other day. Puff I am so proud to be one of the Birthday Sisters :) OMG 1 out of 5 cats don’t care its your birthday, ok 5 out of 5 but I do! lol.  Great minds think alike & have the same birthday! Karen, waving back at you! BTW, I sent you something in the mail & it got returned yesterday! Will email you about that. Clynn, you were a very good friend to Kay, I’m bet you miss her. Destini says thank you ALL for the pats on head & kisses from fur babies & beakers! Dad made me a jelly roll cake for my birthday, it actually turned out pretty good! Grandma is still hanging in there... now they want to cancel her medicaid due to some "check" that was cashed in the previous 5 years. Sounds bogus. If they even think about moving her right now they will get an earful from me. I did find out from legal that “if” there actually was a check that her benefits could be discontinued for 7 days.  They are getting her home they made that clear, but dang, Grandma is alive and shouldn’t they be focusing on selling her home “after”” she makes that journey to heaven? Enough on that... ::) :-\
Trying my best to focus lately… I started this message on Monday!  I hope all of you are safe in these storms, we lost power for awhile and lots of shoveling!  Thank you again for making my day very special!  Your friendship means everything to me!!  ;D
Hugs, love and prayers and stay safe!  Miss ya Lani, Tig, Clynn, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, E4E, KB, Bazi, pink, Blschue, T40, Lilbro, BrokenLug,  Nora, Jaspurr, Phyliz, EBURG, Karen, Jilltosa, Peep, Puff, Ssrl, Mass, Ezee,  MpMom, Godiva, Ginger, Oma, Weasel, Maxie, Lindy, Nanimal, Emyrauld, Nrstooge, Ruby, Paulie, F22Raptor, the Cheers group & ALL of you special eagle lovers!

Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

kbshcb

« Reply #349 on: January 11, 2024, 12:59:36 PM »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1745506490524557657

Have a tissue handy...Ellie's saves....
Humans can be good....

Take care, Lori.

T40cfr403

Only within the moment of time represented by the present century has one species -- man -- acquired significant power to alter the nature of the world.
― Rachel Carson, Silent Spring

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #351 on: January 11, 2024, 04:11:53 PM »

Hi Beakers!

Bl - Gordon Lightfoot - love his music!

Lani - Cute 'night' picture - funny how that darling puppy can sleep like that!   Love the TRR sloth pics - they are all so cute!

Phyl - Like the retro phone! ;D   Liked 365-cute snowshoe hare  :)   Interesting cigarette history!

Karen - Good luck at your appt today - hope it went well.

Clynn - Love the sheep! ;D     Wow-those cigarette ads! :o

Tig - Hope all was good with your car being serviced!

Kb - Like the Crow in your morning post!  We find empty nut shells in our yard sometimes from the Crows in our area. :)   Stay warm  :)     Uh-oh, your solar powered watch - hope it resumes working for you!
Just watched the vid of Mama & baby elephant - you weren't kidding about needing a tissue. Wow . . . . :-* :-* :-* :-*

Karen - Thank you - yes we had a great visit!   You & Piper sure get up early!  I usually get up at 6 and open up the window blinds in the living room, turn on the coffee maker, and get back in bed for a bit!

Puff - Might you be planning a trip for yourself? :) 8)

Lori - Like all your pretty pics and vids this morning!

Beakers have a nice afternoon.

LisaG1967

« Reply #352 on: January 11, 2024, 05:16:11 PM »

T40 - Thanks for the link on the bomb cyclone and polar vortex. You stay safe and warm, and I hope all other Beakers do too!

kb - Awww  :)

Lori - Sounds like you had a great birthday, and a jellyroll cake made by Dad!  Yum!  Continued prayers for Grandma. 

tsk - Oh, I would be going out to sit for sure, and catch a view of the BE.  I hope you all don't get too much snow.

Lani - Thanks for the TRR updates.

Good night, Beakers

Emyrauld

« Reply #354 on: January 11, 2024, 06:03:30 PM »

We finally got some snow a couple of days ago.  And with it came the cold.  It is presently -34C with a windchill factor of -49C.  This cheery note came today from a comedian some have come to call Canada’s dad.

https://youtu.be/uQ5vL-zQtcw?si=V8jnD71LC871dGxC

On a more positive note, my nose indicates I am healthy.
A sense of humor can help you overlook the unattractive, tolerate the unpleasant, cope with the unexpected and smile through the unbearable....Moshe Woldoks

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #355 on: January 11, 2024, 06:34:11 PM »

LISA   Thanks for the nice catch up note.  Kudos to Dad for your jelly roll cake - I think they are hard to make.  Hope Grandma's situation gets resolved.. ???

KB   How impressive was that ellie rescue.  Kleenix is right.  That little baby wanting Mama to get up.

BL   Massive storm.

EMY   LOL   " Welcome to January"     Our single digit cold weather starts Sunday after the storm... Hope you are hunkering down - a nose is a good indicator  LOL
Chicagoland

oldguy

« Reply #356 on: January 11, 2024, 07:37:08 PM »

Hello Beakers

An update on the weather here...
Because of the amount/heavy wet snow, there was some differences in the amount from Tuesday's storm.  I measured 13 on my deck, which was on the backside of the house of the prevailing wind.  The newspaper reported 15 inches for Iowa City and the local radio station reported 18 inches.  I do not every remember seeing snow firmly packed on the side of the deck corner posts before, to the point of more snow than wood on a 4x4.

Tonight's storm is expected to start about 9pm.  Both Underground weather and NWS is forecasting about 8-9 inches by tomorrow night.  Currently 20 degrees and forecast of 31 at midday tomorrow. I will have to wait and see how wet the snow will be then - but tonight's snow should be light and fluffy.

My power shovel did not work well with the heavy wet snow, but did fine with this mornings surprise 1 in. of light snow. (was not in the forecast)

At work today - by noon we had NO snow blowers in stock.  When I left at 3pm we had about 30 snow shovels left.  We was selling ice melt at the rate of 2-3 pallets per hour.  3 people spent the whole time keeping ice melt and shovels stocked.  We have emergency orders in for all of this, but can not get an ETA because of the weather forecast.

The latest news out of Iceland...
Iceland Volcano Updates | Grímsvötn wakes up with a bang   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DU1tuzjiquY

Liquid Cats in the Kagami mochi box   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0Tjm03m5bI

Quarantine Kids play "Dead Flowers"   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEOmUPfpv6A

SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

karengramke

« Reply #357 on: January 11, 2024, 08:31:02 PM »

Stay warm Emyrauld!  Good to see you!

Tsk, do not do too much shoveling!  You have done enough work!
Blood work close to perfect!  Cholesterol was 116!   Really want off that statin! Will see after next round!   On a once every 6 months schedule.
What is tge name of the lake near you!  Not familiar with it!  Must be new since I left or is it near Barrington? I would sit there as well!  In the car in this weather!
Lori,   Thanks for posting!  I wonder why I did not get tge mail?  Did you have Avenue on it?

Old guy, don't over do!
Lisa, Lani  and Tsk, just got up this am!  No reason  but tired now!
Where is Baz? 
Seds. And thanks for all your  reports, pictures and all!  Clynn, good luck tomorrow!   Bl, love the music, stay afloat!   Phyl, your ent visit?  Jims visit today?   Lani, safe travels for Mike!

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #358 on: January 11, 2024, 09:58:24 PM »

some bounce
We needed to get a new car battery. Luckily it was under partial warranty. And a tire needed a patch.
We will be getting 3 inches or so of fluff and cold. I should be able to get to the pool before it arrives in the morning.
SED n hugs
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #359 on: January 11, 2024, 10:48:34 PM »

Lori, wonderful cheery wintery posts! Love the duck and penguin gifs... awww your dad is wonderful to make you a jelly roll cake ... I'm sorry for the continuing issues for your dear grandma.  :(

Tsk, You've been so busy, you should go and sit by the lake sometime... We have a stocked lake here too, and a pair of eagles have been fishing for meals for years. I've never seen them. Aly's office was across the lake, and she's seen them twice. Go, sit (in the car, says Karen  ;D) , take a lunch, a book and enjoy the day.  :)

Kb, so glad the mom and baby ellies were rescued. Baby helped to wake mom.

SED Eagles, Puff, Baz, Phyl, Clynn

BL, Massive storm clouds and over Oregon too.  :(

T40 thanks for the link on the on the bomb cyclone and polar vortex.

Emy, "Welcome to January" LOL... terribly low temps... Keep warm and please take care.

Oldguy, Thanks for the links... Iceland update... Maru melting in the box.  ;D. ... the QKids, love Bellamy.  ;D ... take care tomorrow.

{{{Karen}}} good results... you and Piper have a good rest tonight.

Good night from Taiaroa Head, New Zealand

Praying for Peace

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Clynn, Lori and her grandma Clute, Eagle's mom, Tig, Phyl and Jim, Karen and Piper, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Baz, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Puff, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Manaaki, UQ and the Royal Albatross fleet, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, and lost 2023 cubs, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all those like her, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander