Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 502720 times)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #2670 on: March 20, 2024, 12:20:31 AM »

Baz, Love your story of Sweet Pea.... Wonderful pic of Sweet Pea with your niece and nephew. Lil Punkin looks so much like her mom. "I wet my plants" LOL!! .. I've seen other liners go by the Albatross area, they've never used their horn before... "Walking on Sunshine" one of my favorites! .. great Interactive Bracket.

Tig, birthday club for dinner sounds like fun.

Kb, Lisa I'll send Mike info on TENS Unit. Thanks.  :)

Phyl, sending {{{prayers for Jim}}} sorry he is ill.

Kb, those ears! Pup is adorable.  :-*

{{{Puff}}} I'm sorry you're still having issues with the software.  :-\  .. I pray the tech has returned to help you.  :-*

Tsk, When is Barb and Tom returning?

BL, great way to close out the night listening to Cat Steven, playing for change "Peace Train."

SED Eagles  :-*

Sed Karen and Piper  :-*

Good night!

It's another windy night for Mother and Father Goose on N1

Praying for Peace

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Eaglesrock, Tsk's friend Maureen, Eagles Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Lisa's mom, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Clynn, Lori and her grandma Clute, Tig, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Baz, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Manaaki, UQ and the Royal Albatross fleet, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, and lost 2023 cubs, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all those like her, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #2671 on: March 20, 2024, 06:11:03 AM »

Good Morning Everyone....

Currently: 47F clear   High  52F sunny,  Low 40F

{{{Puff}}} sorry you're still having  software probs.

BL
  thanks for the Cat Stevens, playing for change "Peace Train." been a while since I've listened to him
and hiking snaps

Lani  Mother and Father Goose look so lonely on N1---still no sure if I can take another gosling fledge

Prayers for:  Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. Laken Riley, all those like her and family; Eaglesrock . All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats; The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/ 

https://greatergood.com/

https://www.livescience.com/

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#istandwithisrael

Phyl

« Last Edit: March 20, 2024, 06:33:32 AM by Phyl »

#istandwithisrael

Phyl

« Reply #2673 on: March 20, 2024, 06:22:01 AM »

This is the  the commemorative plate that NASA followers and space buffs---like me---were invited to
sign. I'm  just so excited about this. I'll be out in space---forever, when I'm long gone
from here.  ;D

NASA unveils cryptic message from Earth to be sent to Jupiter's icy ocean moon Europa

An image of one side of the commemorative plate that will be sent to Europa in October 2024.
 The plate will be mounted to the Europa Clipper spacecraft and include a microchip containing the names of more than 2.6 million people. 
(Image credit: NASA/JPL-Caltech)

https://www.livescience.com/space/space-exploration/nasa-unveils-cryptic-message-from-earth-to-be-sent-to-jupiters-icy-ocean-moon-europa?utm_term=C190B63E-87C3-4395-B655-61057A13DDD2&lrh=85d7c3d5cd473d225368af62a6ed9988991e13ae1f632526d69b30725b7979c7&utm_campaign=368B3745-DDE0-4A69-A2E8-62503D85375D&utm_medium=email&utm_content=42F29BDA-2B26-4B2F-8C35-4C674EDD9B9F&utm_source=SmartBrief[/size]]https://www.livescience.com/space/space-exploration/nasa-unveils-cryptic-message-from-earth-to-be-sent-to-jupiters-icy-ocean-moon-europa?utm_term=C190B63E-87C3-4395-B655-61057A13DDD2&lrh=85d7c3d5cd473d225368af62a6ed9988991e13ae1f632526d69b30725b7979c7&utm_campaign=368B3745-DDE0-4A69-A2E8-62503D85375D&utm_medium=email&utm_content=42F29BDA-2B26-4B2F-8C35-4C674EDD9B9F&utm_source=SmartBrief

#istandwithisrael

Phyl

« Reply #2674 on: March 20, 2024, 06:32:07 AM »

I thought be nice to peek in on the Fairbanks Aurora Camera
Mar 20, 2024 6:30 AM
Camera Time: Mar 20, 2024 3:29 AM AKDT
Birchwoman

* left click to enlarge

#istandwithisrael

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #2675 on: March 20, 2024, 06:45:48 AM »

In the 30s today  :(

BL   Interesting about teacups NOT being a hike.  Didn't know the word canyoneering  Very interesting.

LANI   Barb and Tom return on April 22.   Will be nice to have them back.

PHYL  Chickie Dee  She's cute and $$   Thanks for the links  :)  You will be immortalized for all time on Europa  :)

Chicagoland

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #2676 on: March 20, 2024, 06:54:08 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Phyl, good 365...  Oh no, Jim! Do you think he is catching germs at work?  I know, it stings when we have to hire someone to do things for us. When Ed or I couldn't mow, and Kay & Kelsey took it over it was good. But then Kay became unable to do it, that is when we bought a riding mower. Ed is able to mow with the rider, at least for a few more years.

Lani, another good Royal Alby update, such sweet birds! OMG, that cruise ship! Huge! I am going to have Ed ask his Dr. about a tens unit. His sister Gina has had one for years, she swears by it. I pray that one will work for Mike. Love the picture of Mother and Father Goose on N1!

E4E, Harley did good again today! he is becoming more and more used to the kittens, Sophie was playing with his tail and he didn't mind! He ventured way farther out into the family room yesterday, away from the 'safety' if the door to the basement!

BL, love your words on the teacups, they do look treacherous! The last pic really shows how they look up close! My sister Becky and her partner are avid hikers, kayakers, etc. Anything outdoors. They hiked around Montblanc a few years ago, I believe it was the 11-day hike they took, all around the mountain.  They did a hike in Alaska that they had to train for and certify that they met the requirements required to do the hike. I can't remember the name of where the hike was, I think something to do with the Gold Rush. And thanks for the Peace Train, I saved it so I can listen again and again. Love Cat Stevens!

tsk, I think it is so cool that you have frequent get togethers with your girlfriends! I love getting together with Linda, Sally and Patty in July every year! The three of them get together more often, I am the one that lives kind of out of range! And I didn't grow up with them, just freshman and senior year in high school. But they took me in when we moved to Albion, and I love them all!

baz, wonderful story of Sweet Pea... I can see your GN in the picture of the kids! I remember contests at work where people brought in young pictures of themselves and everyone tried to guess who it was. I was never any good at it, unless it was obvious! How is Spring coming to the Bog? Lots of activity?

Lisa, wonder if Pepe will be checking out your place this year! Any activity on the trail cam?

The entrance to Carlsbad Caverns. More Than 119 Caves Are Hidden Beneath The New Mexico Desert.

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

kbshcb

« Reply #2677 on: March 20, 2024, 07:11:13 AM »

Ha, Clynn...on one of our family drives when I was young from Minnesota to California (San Diego mostly) we stopped and hiked in the Carlsbad Caverns. I'll never forget the stalactites and stalagmites.

Morning all..

Have prep for storms on my to do list today...mostly food shopping.

and Ollie ears..LOL (related to twitter post yesterday)

My city is requesting photos of different categories..small little contest for fun and shits and giggles is all.
I have thought about sending one of my eagles on the water tower pictures. Hmm, those pics don't show the name of my city on them as it's too low on the tower. So, may not send a few. The name isn't required. We shall see.

kbshcb

« Reply #2678 on: March 20, 2024, 08:27:21 AM »

Wow, love the light!

and, hmm, where's my towel?...a wet owl.

LisaG1967

« Reply #2679 on: March 20, 2024, 09:36:08 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

tig - The menu for birthday steak dinner looks good.  Enjoy your upcoming spa day!

Phyl - Sorry to hear that ((Jim)) is not feeling good.  Hope his PCP cam fix him up, and he will be better soon. Thanks for the links!

kb - Aww, love the pic of Ollie and his ears. 

Puff - Still trying to get use to your new PC?

karen - Morning  :)

E4E - LOL

Lani - Beautiful pic of MG & FG in IR light.

tsk - We had that temp yesterday with wind, today we are at 52, slight breeze.

clynn - Love the pic of Sophie & Harley on floor.  It sure seems like he is getting use to the kitties.  Yep, lots of activity on trail cam still, plus more cats coming for food.  I told Jeff, he will never move from here, cause he will be worried no one will feed these critters.

karengramke

« Reply #2680 on: March 20, 2024, 10:44:45 AM »

MY  housekeeper just brought me a Culver's butter burger!  Pretty good but a lot to eat!   Pretty full and Piper liked it!  She thought it was better than a frozen dinner!   

Interesting that I always thought .spring started in March21st!    Have to google this!

E 23 is stilled being stalked by the darn owl !  Sorry, they are interesting birds and some are very attractive but their predatory behavior against other avian creatures is disturbing!  I blame them for Harriets disappearance!   They also pick on the young!   I wish the nest would be  removed.

Have to start set one of 3.   Bbl.  Hope Jim is better!

Lani

« Reply #2681 on: March 20, 2024, 11:47:04 AM »

Good morning Beakers!
Hi Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

{{{Puff}}} I hope this will be a better day on the computer.

{{{Karen}}} good luck with your sessions today. I hope they are helping.

{{{Lisa and Jeff}}} neighborhood patron saints of God's critters.  :-*

Kb, Oh poor wet owl.. gorgeous snowy .... Ollie man  :-*

Clynn, Knowing your SIL, Lisa, etc. are using the TENS unit, when Mike returns we'll check into it. His comfort and peace means the world to me.... cute pic of Harley and Sophie. He is purposely leaving his tail to be admired. LOL!  :-* ... awesome pic of the Carlsbad Caverns. 

Phyl, Just like today's nature video, Sadie and I heard an owl hoot early this am as we started our walk at 6... well, there you go out in the twilight zone.... I pray Jim is feeling better today.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2024, 12:00:07 PM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #2682 on: March 20, 2024, 11:58:16 AM »

📺 SLOTH TV

🦥Sloth Preschool Update:

Moose, two-fingered sloth: Stable and getting ready to go to Sloth Elementary!
Mimi, two-fingered sloth: Mimi is undergoing treatment for a mild skin condition. She is being kept separated from the other babies while her condition improves. She is stable and growing.
Grover, two-fingered sloth: Grover is showing signs of anemia and is undergoing treatment to stabilize his iron levels.
Nazli, two-fingered sloth: Nazli has started her nebulization treatments again, we are monitoring her condition closely every day.
JJ, two-fingered sloth: JJ has recovered from the mites but we are still closely monitoring his skin condition.
Beanie: Beanie’s wounds have been healing well, her CT Scan came back normal, but she still has limited mobility in her hind limbs. She is stable and growing.
Fiesta: Fiesta’s CT Scan indicated issues with her lungs, including pneumonia. She is undergoing nebulization treatments and has a reserved prognosis at this time.
Bruno: We are closely monitoring Bruno’s diet; he has a reserved prognosis at this time.

NEW ARRIVAL:
Tulip, two-fingered sloth: Tulip was found on the ground alone; she has a reserved prognosis at this time.
Nevada, two-fingered sloth: Baby Nevada was found on the ground alone, with no signs of her mother nearby. She has a reserved prognosis at this time.
Rose, two-fingered sloth: Rose was found alone on the ground. She is stable and ready to start her rehabilitation process.

🌳Sloth Elementary Update:

Phoenix, two-fingered sloth: He has been making great progress, we are still closely monitoring his diet to keep his weight stable.
Binx, two-fingered sloth: Binx’s diet is being closely monitored , as she is transitioning off of smoothie; She is stable and growing well.
Elmo, two-fingered sloth: Elmo is stable and is slowly being weaned off of smoothie, we are monitoring his diet.

🎓Sloth University Update:

Coco, two-fingered sloth: We are so happy and proud to share some exciting news, Coco has officially graduated from Sloth University! She is going trought a “soft release”, meaning she can still enter the pre release enclosure for supplemental feedings, she is venturing farther and farther every day.
Pax, two-fingered sloth: Pax is making great progress! He is still in one of our largest sloth pre-release enclosures.
Antonio, two-fingered sloth: Antonio is still stable and growing well he is one step closer to be move to a pre release enclosure.
Myrtle, two-fingered sloth: Stable and making great progress, she is preparing to move to a pre release enclosure.
Spike, two-fingered sloth: Spike won the competition! He was moved to a big pre release enclousure where he will be preparing to be release hopefully in a close future.

GRADUATE:
Ken, two-fingered sloth:
Ken officially graduated to Sloth University! He is on his way to the Release Site where he will spend the rest of his rehabilitation process.
Roo, two-fingered sloth: Roo officially graduated to Sloth University! He is on his way to the Release Site where he will spend the rest of his rehabilitation process.

A friendly reminder: We are a critical care facility - Even though you do not see this on camera, the animals are under 24/7 vet care.

Three in a nursery bucket  :-*

Binx  :-*

Elmo  :-*

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #2683 on: March 20, 2024, 12:09:19 PM »

CLYNN  Cute recycled hanging tea kettle  :)  Harley making great progress.  Love Sophie sneaking up on his tail  LOL   I think it may have been in 5th grade of so we also had to bring in baby pics and everyone had to guess.  ;D   WOW  Carlsbad caverns - not for the faint of heart.

KB  Is there a prize for the best photo in each category?  Ollie ears???  ;) ;)

KAREN   YAY on that butter burger  YUM  ;D

LANI  I see how that rabbit is cunningly disguised.  Thanks for the extensive update on the sloths  Not a 3 fingered sloth among them,  There are a lot of sloths  :o

PHYL  Nolly is interesting - I will see where it goes.
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #2684 on: March 20, 2024, 12:42:31 PM »

tsk - yes a small gift card and a reproduction of photos on places in my city...
I did send one of my thousands of pics of the two of them (Mr. and Mrs. Tower). Contest closes May 1..
I don't care about the gift card, nor the reproduction of course.
Just wanting to call attention to our eagles.

My sis sent me a video and a pic of a pair of adult eagles up by her house this morning while walking Max. She knows the nest about a mile away. We commiserated on why both would be above her on her walk with Max when eggs are being incubated this time of year and it's darn cold today!....of course, we don't know and they can't drive close to the nest as it's 3 blocks in from the road in a farmer's field.

Lani - well now there are some ears!.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2024, 12:48:43 PM by kbshcb »