Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 676695 times)

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #2625 on: March 18, 2024, 01:18:44 PM »

HAPPY DAY, BEAKERS!  :)

HAPPY LAST FULL DAY OF WINTER TODAY!!! The Vernal Equinox is tomorrow!!  :)

;) ;D

https://www.weather.gov/dvn/Climate_Astronomical_Seasons (table with dates and times at the bottom of that page)

I'm so glad to hear the update on E23 being okay this morning after that scary owl strike, and glad to know that Mighty M15 is okay after almost being hit by a car while he was getting roadkill. Thanks to All for those updates!  :-* :-*

Lani, pretty Lily gif for Lisa's b'day! Fingers crossed that Mike will get a shot for his back very soon! Isn't Kansas playing its 1st round NCAA game in Utah? Maybe Mike can snag a ticket if he will be within driving distance?? I need to print the NCAA Tourney bracket so I can give it a better look. I didn't see a story link with your TRR pics - I'm guessing that's a Toucan chick... awwww... so sweet... takes me back to when I raised my previous parrot, Sweet Pea, from a featherless chick - all the many formula handfeedings by pipette and syringe... I hope the Toucan chick grows up strong and healthy! Sweet pic of the baby sloth!  :-* :-*

Karen, your blooming yard of azaleas and the front porch petunias are so pretty! I hope you can get a shot for your back pain again soon. Yep, dried chipped beef and corned beef are two entirely different things. But the dried beef is used in the creamed chipped beef dishes that I have always seen, or eaten. Did you have your grocery service take back the wrong order and bring you the correct one? It sounded like you had gotten someone else's order by mistake. If that's what happened, they're supposed to fix that at no charge, if you let them know.

Clynn, thanks for posting Karen's pics! LOL on cute, playful Sophie being self-entertained with her green spring in a "cage."  ;) :D It sounds like the Harley & The Kittens (sounds like a band) scenario is going pretty well so far! I agree with you - maybe it will go even better when they can go out on the deck together, and all get distracted by your backyard nature, instead of concentrating on each other so much. All good things in time.  :) :-* :-* :-* I really like that Paul McCartney song I posted yesterday... it is an upbeat, toe-tapping, "Let's Dance!" kind of song for me... yeah, it sounds so much like The Beatles, though it is post-Beatles - by McCartney, with his band, Wings. Oh, good, it sounds like the weather will be better for cooking your yummy salmon and asparagus dinner in a day or two.

Phyl, I have seen that kids are getting taught cursive handwriting again in many schools. My "greats" are learning it in their schools.

OG, YAYAY on your 3-out-of-3 wins at cards this weekend! Fun!!  :D

KB, Spring snows... what'r'ya gonna do?  ::)  Hopefully you won't get as much accumulation as you mentioned. Who knows if the forecast will be correct. I think the weather forecasters have been just as flummoxed trying to interpret the surprising climate changes for weather forecasts as we have been by those forecasts! The weather forecasting models will take time to catch up to the changing surprises in the climatology. Meanwhile, I'm depending a lot these days on the "Rock" forecasting model... you know, look out your window at the rock in your yard... if it's wet, it's raining; if it's white, it's snowing; if it's gone, it's very windy!  ;D ;D ;)

TSK, I had wondered if your great niece's Ice Skating Review was outside... sounds like maybe it was, since your parka wasn't quite warm enough? What age group does she skate with? I love ice skating and ice dance... I can't even stand up on ice skates anymore, like I could as a kid... my ankles aren't strong enough now, and that's a good thing, because I can't imagine what kinds of bumps and bruises I would have within my first 5 minutes on the ice.  ;) :D That's great you live close enough to enjoy both of your greats performances - theatre, and ice skating.  :) Enjoy your lunch with your smaller girl group today - and I hope the others will all be improving quickly.  :-*

Tig, have fun celebrating the family birthdays at lunch today!

Hi Lori! Those strawberry basil macarons you sent to Lisa are so pretty!  :)

Hi E4E!  :D

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LISA!!! Enjoy your fun and special lunch out with Jeff!  :D

« Last Edit: March 18, 2024, 01:28:10 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

BrokenLug

« Reply #2626 on: March 18, 2024, 03:05:20 PM »

Happy Birthday LisaG !

I hope you have a flapping good time on your day.   ;D
U. S. A.

karengramke

« Reply #2627 on: March 18, 2024, 03:33:13 PM »

Love the cakes you got here, Lisa!  Had the piece Old Guy cut for you!  Delicious.  The cakefrom Baz is too pretty to cut and the eagle, shamrock , chocolate
Cake from Bl needs to be preserved! A real work of art!

Baz, I got one thing from another order which she caught.  One of my items evidently went to that order.  Replacements were bad!   I did get a refund for those items!   Got and paid for 2 heads of cabbage, not one.

E23 took a flight around the west pasture and back to the nest this afternoon!  He better watch that gho!   Damn them! They can find some other food!

Soring has sprung here but happy the calendar has caught up! 

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #2628 on: March 18, 2024, 04:09:44 PM »

OLDGUY   YAY  You did the research and we can all enjoy this healthy cake.  I even learned something  LOL  :-* :-*

LANI  Beautiful flower greeting for LISA    Those babies are so cute esp the little guy trying to stand in the dish.   Busy week for Mike so he can get back for the start of the NCAA games.  ;) ;)

OLDGUY  All playing the same guitar - interesting.

BAZI   Love your seasonal change pieces  ;D  " summer is hotter"  LOL   I bet that was something raising a featherless chick - Lots of time devoted to that.   Rock weather predictor  LOLOL   The ice rink is indoors but they keep it very cold.  Don't know how those skaters do it.   There are many different groupings at this park district.  She is with kids of comparable skills and age.  Her Mom tells me she will be is a different group next year.  You age out as a senior in high school.
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #2629 on: March 18, 2024, 04:27:16 PM »

Good Afternoon Beakers

Jeff took me out to lunch at a restaurant that we have never been before named Julep.  It was delicious.  We both got Cream of Crab & Sweet Corn soup, and shared the Southern Eggrolls.  I got the Chicken Fried Steak entree, and Jeff got the Old Bay Chicken Wings with a side of Brussels sprouts with candied pecans, bacon and goat cheese.  Here is a link to the menu.  https://www.julepannapolis.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/JulepFood9-2022Web.pdf

BL - Having a great day!  Just watched Mother Goose lay her 6th egg.

baz - Thank you!

Phyl - Thank you!

oldguy - Thanks for the video.  Thanks for the info on cherries. 

Lani - Oh my goodness, the baby bird in the first pic!  Thanks for the SWFL video and recap.  Aww, you are sweet to wait till Mike feels better.  I would do that same. 

tsk - LOL, I think that oldguy's cake was too.  ;)  I told Jeff, aww, no birthday cake.  I guess I will eat a Lil Debbie snack cake.   ::)  It was windy here today, making it cold.

tig - Thank you!

Lori - The Strawberry Basil Macaroons looks delicious!

clynn - Thank you! 

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #2630 on: March 18, 2024, 06:11:49 PM »

LISA   I might have tried the Julep chili!!!  Lots of brisket served.   Did you get to Home Goods??
Chicagoland

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #2631 on: March 18, 2024, 06:30:08 PM »

CLynn   creative use of a tree stump;  Boo makes me miss Momo all the more.  :'( :-* Thanks for Barb Henry photo of SWFL mom/dad; pretty flowers for Lisa.
Harley?

Tsk My azaleas have been in " azalea heaven'  and are getting dug up when we actually have Spring weather !   Nice roses for Lisa

KB spotted the screech owl  ---they're perfectly camouflaged ; Great study on lack of cursive writing or any handwriting. Gotta be that connection made
to the brain..."form patterns of electrical activity, which has been linked with forming memories." Thanks for sharing. The only typing  I do is in forum and on final copies of my novel---I did the story outline and various note by hand with a pencil, written  in spiral notebooks .

Bazi  it was KB who posted about the cursive penmanship in schools and such.  Won't be the first day of Spring here...

Lisa  pretty tulips this AM---sounds like a very nice lunch with an eclectic menu although I'd have to have fried green tomatoes and ketchup at least; tks for egglet update for Mother Goose  ;)

OG that's some decadent cake   ;)

Lori very pretty birthday greetings for Lisa---macaroons too.

Tig hope y'all have a nice dinner out.

Lani thanks for Toucan Ranch updates on newborn toucans and  infant sloths; good luck to Mike

BL nice eagle cake for Lisa 

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Emyrauld

« Reply #2632 on: March 18, 2024, 06:51:04 PM »

Baz.  You asked if the weather was warming up.  It sure was…in the past tense.  Today we got to almost 16C.  It was a record of sorts.  It is the earliest that the temperature has reached 15C degrees for the first time.  It is usually April 11 on average before we see it that warm.  But Environment Canada has a treat in store for us.  Here is a screen cap of our 7 day forecast in Celsius and Fahrenheit.  It was nice while it lasted.
A sense of humor can help you overlook the unattractive, tolerate the unpleasant, cope with the unexpected and smile through the unbearable....Moshe Woldoks

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #2633 on: March 18, 2024, 11:01:43 PM »

Clynn - Wow! That's been a huge step with bringing Harley & the 'kittens' together!! I have a hunch it will get a little tiny bit better each day! :)    Liked the vid of the Irish Step Dance!! ;D    Thank you for posting Karen's Petunias and Azaleas! Very pretty!

Tig - I know you were talking to Clynn, but love the story of your hard working Mom and how life and your meals were back then.  She sure was a dedicated Mother - bless her sweet heart.  Thank you for sharing a part of her story. :-*

Tsk - Glad you enjoyed watching your Great Niece, but too bad you were still chilled.  Maybe take a lap blanket next time! :)  No fun to be cold!  My hubby was cold the whole time we were at our Grandson's baseball game on Saturday.  The sun was out over here and he thought that the Park we were going to for the game (40 min. away) was going to be warmer than here, so he didn't take a jacket - just wore a short sleeve shirt! I took a hoodie and was glad I did!

Karen - Your Petunias and Azaleas are beautiful!!  I'm so glad E23 survived the Owl attack and stayed safe!!

Lani - Thank you and yes, our Grandson's season just began during the past week. :)     TRR;  so sweet and precious.   Thanks for posting detail of E23 - prayers that he is really okay and that he stays safe and no more attacks.

OG - You are quite the card player!!  Congrats!! ;D  Yummy birthday cake for Lisa!

Phyl - Awe, I'm so sad and sorry for Jak & Audi.  The nest picture is so very sad. :'( :'(     

Kb - Hope the weather doesn't get too extreme for you! 

LisaG - Glad to know that Jeff took you out to lunch!! I'm sure you had a wonderful day!!

Lori - Delicious birthday treat for Lisa!!  Looks so yummy, that I can just taste it!!

Tig - Hope you all enjoyed dinner!!

Tsk - Glad you had a fun lunch date with your friends, although too bad that 3 were not able to make it.  Hopefully everyone can make it next time! :)

Hi Baz!

Beakers have a good night. :)

Phyl

« Reply #2634 on: March 18, 2024, 11:40:56 PM »

Oh Emy! Those temps for this week...soooooooooooo cold . Gosh this gal from
California's  Mojave Desert  just couldn't manage. Wishing your warmer weather, soon.

Eagles Jak and Audi have been thru worse---there was a season a few years back where
she laid 7 eggs and all had shells that were too 'soft' and broke  from the weight of incubation
from either parent. #7 's shell was solid enough. Nest watchers and chat call it ---him 'Lucky 7.  As we all just
knew it was a male . But had no life inside. 
For years the state of  California had dumped DDT in that area prior to the release of this young pair.
Two of their nests successes were Dina in 2021 and Anthony  a couple of years later ,if
memory serves.
Dina was never banded. And that literally broke my heart ---Dr. Sharpe didn't want to track her.
She was a big gal--half again the size of her mama---fearless
and powerful.  And,  above  all, our miracle eagle !!! She should have been banded
I miss her all the time---not a day goes by... That bald eagle captured my heart, forever.  I doubt I'd recognize
her now days. Be well miss Dina. Please be well.   :-* :-* :-*

Dina  7-30-2021    Sauces Bald Eagle Cam,  Channel Islands, California

Dina, she was our adventurer and would take off for days then return to hang with her parents. All of us hoped she'd
stay  near by and be a part. But made one last return to say farewell.   :'( :'( :'(

There have none since that compare---not even our funny Anthony.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2024, 12:04:54 AM by Phyl »

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #2635 on: March 18, 2024, 11:49:25 PM »

Good Night Everyone...SEDs. 

Sauces bald eagle cam

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #2636 on: March 19, 2024, 12:58:38 AM »

Oldguy, great band.

Lori, yummy birthday macarons for Lisa.

Baz, I'm trying to find out more about the two chicks at TRR.... I couldn't tell if its a parrot or Toucan. They rescue parrots as well. It's a cute little baby, very strong.... Mike isn't going to get a shot. He was told if he gets one now, the next time they will suggest surgery. Mike doesn't want to do that, neither did the surgeon. So, there it is  :-\ .. He leaves in the morning for Gila Bend... how special it must have been to raise a baby parrot. Love the name Sweet Pea... beautiful birthday cake for Lisa.

BL, love the eagle birthday cake for Lisa.

Lisa, Julep's menu has my mouth salivating! The crab and corn soup sounds delicious, I might have tried the Julep chili too. Oh YUM! If I was forced to eat brussel sprouts that's the way I would want them. Cover them with bacon, candied pecans, goat cheese to hide the flavor of the brussel sprouts! YUM! Great birthday lunch! I hope you had a lovely day.  :-*

Emy, brrrr cold days ahead.

SED Eagles, Tsk, Karen   :-*

Phyl, thanks for Sauces family story.  :'(

Good night!

Praying for Peace

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Eaglesrock, Tsk's friend Maureen, Eagles Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Lisa's mom, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Clynn, Lori and her grandma Clute, Tig, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Baz, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Manaaki, UQ and the Royal Albatross fleet, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, and lost 2023 cubs, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all those like her, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
[/size]

[/size]
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

« Reply #2637 on: March 19, 2024, 06:08:47 AM »

Good Morning Everyone....

Currently: 23F cloudy    High  49F  mostly sunny,  Low 23F

Prayers for:  Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. Laken Riley, all those like her and family; Eaglesrock . All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats; The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/ 

https://greatergood.com/

https://www.livescience.com/

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl