Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 677179 times)

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #2580 on: March 17, 2024, 01:54:28 PM »

Lani, oh no, (((Mike))). I hope he can get in for a helpful shot soon!!  Maybe an extra shot of another type, in liquid form,  8) ;D  might help him a wee bit for today? Or maybe with his sleeping. So "Sláinte!" to Mike if he gives that a try - for medicinal purposes, as Aunt Bea would say on "The Andy Griffith Show."  ;) ;D  Prayers for some quick relief for him soon.  LOLOL on closing your eyes when Roy came into view!!  ;) ;D

Lori, love all of your SPD post!!  :D  I would like one of those St. Patrick's Day KKs, please  :D and Zippo says thanks! for the good luck shamrocks and the rainbow with a pot o' gold, and she sends a hearty, "Sláinte" back to you and Destini!  :D :-* :-*

Clynn, I'm dying to know what Harley's reaction was to Sam and Sophie! I am imagining maybe he just put his ears back, and turned away? Maybe he threw a very little "hiss" back over his shoulder as he turned his back ever so non-chalantly towards the kittens?  ;) :-* :-* LOL. Please do tell! Whatever the reaction was, I know it will all be okay soon, if not already. LOL on the baby carrot toy!  :) :-* :-* :-*

Puff, glad you're baaack! It takes time to get used to new software... hang in there!!  :)

Waving to All the Beakers!  HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY, BEAKERS!!  Sláinte! to All!!   :D

I walked 39 minutes yesterday, and 53 minutes today. It's another beautiful day here today!  :)

I'm going to have steamed cabbage and baby carrots again today... soon! ... with pastrami and swiss cheese sliders. I love corned beef, but I already have some deli sliced pastrami, so that's going to do for me.  :)  I might need to take another walk after I eat!!  :o ;D

I'm so hungry! So, Later Gators! Take care, All!

:) :-* Crank it up!!:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w99NAM1eMsg

« Last Edit: March 17, 2024, 02:09:50 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

LisaG1967

« Reply #2581 on: March 17, 2024, 01:58:42 PM »

tsk - Enjoy the skating show of your great-niece.  Reubens were definitely the way to go!   

Lani - We could not wait any longer, had to go get our Reubens.   ;D  Will have a coffee later on to hold me over.  Poor ((Mike)), I hope he can get another injection soon without going thru everything else.  Prayers for him!  Love the Irish blessing. 

Puff - Good to see you back.   :D 

tig - Is poutine a gravy? I think I had something like that in Decorah over fries. 

Lori - Great St. Paddy's Day pics, blessing and goodies! 

baz - You meal sounds delicious that you are making, and good job on the walking!

kb - Jeff loves creamed chipped beef on toast.  They still sell it here in the grocery stores, as it comes in lil packages where the packaged deli meat, and hotdogs are in the grocery.

Our Reuben....

kbshcb

« Reply #2582 on: March 17, 2024, 02:15:05 PM »

Lisa- thank you. I'll check that area of my grocery next time. The sauce is easy.....

baziunc

« Reply #2583 on: March 17, 2024, 02:21:27 PM »

LISA!! YOUR REUBEN!!! Sorry, I had to take a bite of it!!  YUMMM!!!   ;D

KB, my mom made creamed chipped beef on toast for supper sometimes, too. I always liked it, and my older, Mtns Sis, loves chipped beef.  In addition to what Lisa mentioned about where to find it, I have bought it "canned" in a jar - Armour brand is sold in most grocery stores, including Walmart... you may need to rinse it if it is too salty, so check that out. Hormel sells a similar version in a glass jar, too. Here's a pic of the Armour version in a jar :

Also, I don't know if you have noticed it, and I haven't tried it myself, but Stouffer's does a frozen version of creamed chipped beef, too, that looks like this:

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

kbshcb

« Reply #2584 on: March 17, 2024, 02:28:43 PM »

thanks baz - hmm, I'll have to check all areas for chipped beef locally.
I am looking forward to an old familiar taste for sure.

LisaG1967

« Reply #2585 on: March 17, 2024, 02:41:49 PM »

baz - I still have the other half of that sandwich for later.  It was huge. 

kb - Yes...I have seen the Stouffer's one too, that baz posted. 

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #2586 on: March 17, 2024, 03:14:53 PM »

Bounce

Yep. Grew up having creamed chipped beef on toast. My dad was a butcher for a bit. We had lots of meat, including salt pork on Sundays.
Lisa... Poutine is the name of the dish. Mine will be leftover crispy fries, leftover pork butt, shredded cheese, melted Cheese Whiz. Ranch for dipping. Oink.
I noticed Cub had a special... Bogo on Lucky Charms (for Camper) and $10 off a $100 order. So, I moved our order from next Friday back to today. Camper picked it up. ( We have a larger order every two weeks).

BBL
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #2587 on: March 17, 2024, 03:15:23 PM »

Our high temp today is 66 and sun is out - very nice!

Hi Og  :)

Hi Eburg  :)

Lani - Hope Mike's favorite team is winning!     I am not into corned beef and neither is my hubby, so we might grill chicken for our dinner!    Sorry to Mike is dealing with lower Back discomfort again.  I sure hope he can get a shot soon - especially before he goes to Utah.

Phyl - Like your St. Patrick's stuff and great links & info. ;D

Clynn - Something tells me that Harley wasn't too receptive to meet S&S?   I know you are being cautious. :)  Hope it went okay. :)

Tsk - Our Grandson is playing R-field!    Enjoy your great niece at the ice review!!! Sounds exciting!! ;D ;D

Hi Tig  :)

Hi Puff, Karen & Baz  :)

Lori - Cute St. Pat's Day stuff!!

Kb - Enjoy your 'Chipped Beef' if you find it at the store. :)

LisaG - The Reuben looks yummy!!

Beakers have a nice day!!

baziunc

« Reply #2588 on: March 17, 2024, 03:41:26 PM »

thanks baz - hmm, I'll have to check all areas for chipped beef locally.
I am looking forward to an old familiar taste for sure.

KB, if you decide look for the chipped beef in the jar, or in a can, it is usually on the grocery store aisle that has "Canned Meat" listed overhead - where you find things like canned chicken, tuna, ham, deviled ham, Spam, etc...

E4E, grilled chicken sounds yummy, and you have nice weather for it!  :)

OG, I wonder if you had cards last night... hope you won!  :)

BL, wow on swimming in "The Teacups!" How deep was it? Did it feel extra "mineral-ly?"

Time to see about my cabbage, carrots, and pastrami & swiss sliders. Then I will watch the CBS NCAA Basketball Brackets show on TV.

Have a good night, All. Peace. SED.

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #2589 on: March 17, 2024, 04:32:50 PM »

karen sent me pics of her petunias and azeleas!

We have let Harley up 3 times today, twice yesterday. Each time he stays a little longer and although still hissing, it's not a MEAN hiss. Sam and Sophie have both gone right up to him. So far he has backed off. I think it will get a little better each day, and even better when whey can go on the deck. I may give him a bit of the gabapentin tomorrow just to relax him some. He has always been a very wary cat, jumps at everything, scared of everything! This is one of Sophie's favorite toys, a metal mesh waste basket. She has been playing with it for 20+ minutes! Her green spring toy is inside the wastebasket...

kb, we always called the chipped beef on toast S.O.S. (S**t on a Shingle). I remember it was one of the regular meals back in the old days! Our grocery store has it, check by the tuna fish, top shelf.

E4E, I love grilled chicken, I always have Ed cook extra so I have some for my salads! We are waiting until Tuesday for our salmon and asparagus, it's too cold today. 38 last time I looked.

baz, Peace, Love Luck! Perfect! Your sliders sound good! Thank you for the Beatles!

Lisa, that reuben looks so good! I would get it on sourdough bread though, don't care for rye... Love sauerkraut! YUM!

tig, seems I remember having roast beef on Sundays! But we had SOS at least once a month, along with meatloaf, tuna noodle casserole, goulash, fried chicken...all the food Mom's used to cook!

Lani, oh no on Mike's back! I will cross my fingers and pray that he can get a shot with no complications!

Lori, good to see you, with all the goodies and puppies and kitties!

tsk, I see you are having a colder day today too! The Harley,Sam/Sophie story goes on...

8 Bridesmaids Storm The Floor for Irish Step Dance.
http://damnbored.tv/8-bridesmaids-storm-floor-irish-step-dance/?fbclid=IwAR1JhLfBFIpJ1wQD81wuHaMJwqj7WpBiJrSx62TwLz15cJMG5Dw-bPWkU08
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #2590 on: March 17, 2024, 04:55:19 PM »

bounce

Clynn... !!! Yes!  I remember S.O.S. Dad was a staff Sergeant in the Army. Mom cooked very balanced nutritious meals all week. She worked 6 hr. days and walked the 3.5 miles to work as we only had one car (we were able to afford a second car some years later). She never sat down at night... always baking, cooking, cleaning, etc. On Sundays we would have a large brunch after church. Sunday nights were Mom's night to relax. We had grilled cheese sammies and soup, or something else easy. Then, she sat and watched Disney's The Wonderful World of Color, Ed Sullivan, etc.

TTFN

Hey Iowans... https://thehockeynews.com/nhl/minnesota-wild/latest-news/newly-acquired-forward-makes-wild-history
Cool!!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2024, 05:04:02 PM by camperstig »
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #2591 on: March 17, 2024, 05:28:51 PM »

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #2592 on: March 17, 2024, 05:35:54 PM »

OG no good news for Grindavik--awesome videos, tks

BL swimming in a 'tea cup' waterfall---that's  a  trick  LOL   I got it   ;)

CLynn that's a-popular St. Pat's Day arrangement;  tks for sharing Karen's petunia s and azalais , looks like a nice neighborhood.  Ahhhh Harley poor fella. .  :-*

Tsk I know some cute knitted top hat for puss.  Brrr! day for you, Tim and Miss Lulu. Do enjoy your niece's skating performance. Snaps?

Tig flaky white stuff for you today also---Brrr!  Tks for the Irish music honoring the day.

Lisa very nice St Pat's for today; We're having Rubens for dinner w/a brew each and green salad of romaine, spinach and kale w/ tommy-toes all
dressed in Ranch. Dessert- Grasshopper Pie w/ Reddi Whipp (whatelse?)

Lani  One day I'll have that telescope--- Outer Space is all there is...endless dark void with floating masses of matter, so compressed they're  all but   impenetrable. An infinity dotted with gaseous clouds and fiery planets as  if burning beacons to light the way.   ;) :)

(((Puff)))  I hear ya.

Lori nice St  Pat's greeting. Tks

Lani  sorry to hear about your Mike/back...I personally know, 'ain't no fun.       No Robo Vac here---they need to be perfected. IMHO    If memory serves,  been ages ago, I think Godiva got one when they first came out.  Although, fat lotta good that does  :(

KB touching Ellie video

Eagles cute leprechaun today . LOL I'm left wondering why I only have  Rubens on March 17TH   As I just love them.  ::)

My little Missy's awake---time for chow.

Sauces bald eagle cam

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #2593 on: March 17, 2024, 05:42:04 PM »

LANI   So sorry to hear about Mike's back again.  And agree. Sure hope he won't have to go through all the testing/ins. approval again either.  Missed the bracket of course - Will need to find that on-line.

PUFF   Well I've been getting notice that my PC will not support 11 so I am happy with that.  Seems I just got 10  ::) ::)   Interesting project to research - the difference in the two breads.

TIG   Have never had a poutine  ;) ???

LORI  You find the cutest celebratory pets  ;D ;D  AND desserts

BAZI   Thanks for the time of bracket announcing - just hit record but some is over already..Will catch later.

KB   Mom used to make us chipped beef on toast all the time!!!   Aww sweet elie giving the "machinery" a thank you. ;D

LISA   Love the bread on that Reuben

CLYNN  I have weeks to go before my azaleas look like KAREN's

T40   Missed you this weekend  ;) ;)

PHYL   Great niece in 3 numbers - has improved greatly since last saw  her ice review.  Wore my parka but was still freezing.
Chicagoland

Phyl

« Reply #2594 on: March 17, 2024, 05:48:57 PM »

Oíche mhaith, brionglóidí milse gach duine..   

Sauces bald eagle cam