Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 544295 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #2100 on: March 02, 2024, 12:52:01 PM »

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #2101 on: March 02, 2024, 12:52:43 PM »

TIG  ......   Yes too bad Caitlyn chose not to finish college...I'll try and catch that game on Sunday.  right?

TSK
Caitlyn will graduate in May - if she would have decided to stay for a 5th year (Covid extension) she would have to pick a major for grad school.  My thinking is that she did not want to build up on the records in a 5th year of playing, that would likely never happen again for any future players.  She also does not have any more big records to shoot for...  Another factor is that 3 other starters graduate this year - Money is not an issue in her decision - she is the highest paid NIL athlete this year in any sport.  Newspaper estimated that she is making over $800K for this year from her NIL contracts.  The max that she can earn from the WNBA is $250,000 per year.

OG, what you said!!  :D  Yep, she's graduating, and going to the WNBA. Incredible what she has done in the women's basketball game - and for breaking records for ALL NCAA college basketball - men and women! Breaking Pistol Pete's (Pete Maravich) scoring record of over 50 years ago? She only has to score 18 more points to do that! Most thought that was a record that could never be broken. They thought wrong. LOL. It will happen in her next game, tomorrow, Sunday, March 3rd, 1pm Eastern time. Here's a brief blurb about it, and where to watch that game - She will make all-time college basketball history in the 1st half of the game, so don't be late!

https://sports.yahoo.com/how-to-watch-caitlin-clark-break-pete-maravichs-all-time-ncaa-scoring-record-as-iowa-takes-on-ohio-state-182649818.html - How to watch Caitlin Clark break Pete Maravich's all-time NCAA scoring record when Iowa takes on Ohio State

Lani, yep, Dean Smith started out at Kansas U. I miss him sooo much! What a special person! We would see him in parking lots and restaurants in Chapel Hill from time to time, even after he retired. Such a genuinely nice person - always a smile and good word, and always friendly, and never too busy for a howdy-do. It's always extra special now to be in The Smith Center, named for him, and lovingly nicknamed The Dean Dome. I'm so glad he lived to see it.  :-* :-* You didn't mention it, but of course you and I are aware of the also-famous Coach Roy Williams, and his coaching at KU and then UNC, taking both teams to the NCAA Championship Final Game!! Lots of "love/hate" between KU and UNC for a bit when he left KU for UNC, but it's clear that both schools respect the history now.  :)

Lots of college basketball "doings" this weekend!

Today, Lani's No. 7 KU Jayhawks will play at No. 15 Baylor Bears (1pm Eastern) - it's almost halftime now - close game!! on the ABC network.

And TSK's No.5 Marquette Golden Eagles play at No. 12 Creighton's Bluejays at 2:30 Eastern on Fox.

And my No. 9 UNC Tarheels host the NC State Wolfpack today in Chapel Hill, in the Dean Dome, at 4pm Eastern, on ESPN. Go Heels!  ;D

And Yesterday!, Loyola's famous 104-year old Team Chaplain, and Lucky Charm, greatest fan, Sister Jean, was in action, courtside, when her Loyola-Chicago Ramblers had a big upset win over No. 21 Dayton Flyers!  ;D :-* Yay!!

Here's a nice blurb about Sister Jean, and that big game yesterday. (The picture of her in this article is from 2018 though):
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/104-year-old-sister-jean-had-the-best-view-of-loyola-chicago-s-upset-over-no-21-dayton/ar-BB1jdHcA?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=629976398739469790a8882d2f7ba515&ei=25

Happy Day, Beakers!

« Last Edit: March 04, 2024, 04:17:22 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #2102 on: March 02, 2024, 01:05:31 PM »

TIG   Hey, a visit with Rosie on the horizon.  Is it an overnight?   That was a great instagram video.  8 paws up in the air  LOL    Those Model As are just beautiful.  So nice that folks have the interest in preserving that era of history.  Lotsa love in those cars.

KB   That cardinal is stunning.  Wish there were birds like that one all the time.  Leopard  ;D ;D  Here kitty kitty  LOL    For Tim, his briefcase is like a purse for us.  He just can't get away from his working days.  Think   his office  LOL  It weighs a ton!

KAREN   I think you will love Culvers.  Must first try what they are known for - Butter burger!

PUFF   Your post was so funny!!! Love the history of pizza  ;D

BAZI   Thanks for the BB schedule - Think I can catch some.    I almost missed the pics   Loved your view of the court.  What a fun time.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2024, 01:07:40 PM by tsk34 »
Chicagoland

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #2103 on: March 02, 2024, 01:39:29 PM »

Lani, hope you don't have to go to the office!  ;D  Oh... you said you are at a meeting today - hmmm, maybe you're missing the game. It's tied right now - near the beginning of the 2nd half.

Lots of pizza and seafood talk. LOL. The first time I heard of ham and pineapple pizza, I thought, "Yuck!" That was, until I tried it. Then I thought, "Mmm!"  :D  And the comment someone made about "Barf" on the thought of shrimp and pizza sauce with mozzarella cheese... LOL... I grew up eating Shrimp Creole often - a classic combo of shrimp in a highly seasoned tomato sauce, usually served on rice... may as well put it on a pizza crust! Ha ha... Clearly, I am not a pizza purist.  ;) :D :D

This morning, I made a shrimp and swiss omelet with lots of coffee! It was da bomb. Zippo enjoyed a corner of the omelet that was egg-only - no shrimp or cheese for her. She will knock you over for anything resembling a scrambled egg!  :D :D :-* :-*  I am currently prepping to make a batch of White Chicken Chili to enjoy during the 2nd half my basketball game later today. Go Heels!

Have a Great Caturday, Beakers!  :D
« Last Edit: March 02, 2024, 01:41:10 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #2105 on: March 02, 2024, 03:03:10 PM »

Bib Bear Bald Eagles home of Jackie, Shadow and 3 little eggies...
Hatch watch, prayers for Jackie, Shadow and little ones through this intense storm coming...

Storm, Jackie and her treasures (NO PIP CONFIRMED) FOBBV CAM Big Bear Bald Eagle Live Nest - Cam 1
https://youtu.be/gp91z9igJ54?feature=shared VIA Baiba

Courtesy of FOBBV https://www.friendsofbigbearvalley.org/
The opinions presented do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Friends of Big Bear Valley (FOBBV).
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

LORIDAVIS

• Facebook
« Reply #2106 on: March 02, 2024, 03:33:59 PM »

All-American, old-fashioned, 100% from scratch banana cream pie featuring flaky buttery pie crust, silky smooth vanilla pudding, plenty of bananas and homemade whipped cream, and also Brioche doughnuts with rich vanilla cream, not too big, not too oily. Soft, airy inside and filled with the most delicious banana vanilla cream.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2024, 03:36:33 PM by LORIDAVIS »
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #2107 on: March 02, 2024, 03:58:58 PM »

Bounce

TSK... Not sure yet, but she may be staying almost a week! Mom n Dad will be at their 4th child's graduation from Navy A school. She probably is headed to a ship and probably won't be home for Christmas so they will want to spend time with her and one of their other children is in the same area.
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

LORIDAVIS

• Facebook
« Reply #2108 on: March 02, 2024, 04:00:28 PM »

Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

LisaG1967

« Reply #2109 on: March 02, 2024, 04:08:13 PM »

Lori - There you go again with that buttery flaky crust  ;D Those Brioche doughnuts look delicious.  Thanks for the Big Bear update.

T40 - Thanks for the videos.  :D

baz - What a great pics of you and Sis!  Baby Bro is getting big!  Mmmm, love me some Shrimp Creole. My MawMaw made that often, along with Cajun crawfish bisque.  Just thinking about both of those, I can taste them in my mind. 

karen - tsk is right...get the Butter Burger first!

Phyl - LOL, Dad passed out after long day with kids!

tsk - Is Gino's the name of the pizza place that you and I ate at?  I know it was something with a "G". 

Puff - That sounds like a great pizza maker you have there. 

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #2110 on: March 02, 2024, 05:28:25 PM »

Lori, prayers for Jackie and Shadow, hope they can persevere. We need to see babies in that nest this year!  Lots of goodies and sweet dogs and cats! And the funny videos love the spa Dad and cat! I took this picture of Sam and Sophie from outside, looking into the front window. They were enjoying the sun! They are laying on a stack of games on shelves, the trees are a reflection on the window.

Lisa, ah, that buttery flaky crust... Butter Burger is good, we like their fish sandwiches too!

T40, saving the videos for later, I know they will be funny!

tsk, I agree on the Butter Burger from Culvers, we also like the Cod sandwich!  Yum!

baz, you are so right! There are pizza purists, like me and then there are those who think of it like one would a sandwich...anything goes. Same with tacos, I couldn't eat seafood on a pizza or a fish taco!! I know, boring...  Great picture of you and your Sis, and such a cute Lil' Bro!

Erin and Sydney will be here in a while. we had to get a new TV!  Mine just QUIT! I turned it on this morning and there was sound but no picture, Ed tried everything he knew and nothing was wrong with DISH. Erin came over and looked at everything and decided the tv was bad. It's only 3 years old!
He said that is the only kind he will get is a Samsung. So I decided to go 10" bigger and ordered a Samsung - 65" Class Q60C QLED 4K UHD Smart Tizen TV. Don't know what the heck all that means but Erin says I will love it.

SF Bay Ospreys - And the season officially begins. 😍 Rosie touched down this morning at 7:12 am, soon accompanied by Richmond. She was away on migration 180 days, almost six months. To see what to expect in the upcoming season, visit our chronological FAQ at https://sfbayospreys.org/chronological/.

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #2111 on: March 02, 2024, 06:31:57 PM »

PHYL    LOLOL  Dad passed out after a long day with the kids

BAZI   I see MU lost and KU lost  BUT Tarheels win!- Was away most of the afternoon so just looked it up

T40   Gemini =Siamese  some of which is in my cat's DNA  :)    Cat paralyzed   ;D ;D    Awww  scaring the kitties. :(

LORI   Nice representation for banana cream pie day  ;D

TIG   That's good news for you  ;D ;D   Spa day and Happy - THE BEST.

LISA  Giordano's - You were close  LOL  https://giordanos.com/locations/search?address=park+ridge%2C+il

CLYNN   Their muzzles are the biggest ID for me.  Sam awake  Sophie sleeping   We had their Lenten walleye last night - Better than cod.     Only 3 yrs old on your TV  :o   What brand?  We're in our 16th year on our big screen Sony.  ( I"m knocking on my wooden desk)    We only have room for max 55"  That's big enough for our room size.   I don't know what all that means either.  Like Tim says " I want to be able to press a button and get a picture"  LOL     Yay  Rosie is back - Good luck to that nest this year.
Ned the bed   LOL
Chicagoland

Phyl

« Reply #2112 on: March 02, 2024, 06:40:59 PM »

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #2113 on: March 02, 2024, 06:41:22 PM »

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #2114 on: March 02, 2024, 06:56:15 PM »

Tig enjoyed Instagram; the Model As are fantastic . Thanks

Bazi easy to see what a fun time you & your sis had. Great view of the court. Lil Bro  :)  When I married Jim I inherited his Chef Paul Prudhomme cook book.
Many wonderful recipes ...his roux recipe is  one of  my many favorites.  Sadly, Chef Paul is no longer with us.

T40 LOL kitty looking at it's own reflection; welcome on board; Led Zeppelin  ;) , cool helicopter  dredging swimming pool to extinguish wild fire

Lori/CLynn  tks for updates on  Big Bear Bald Eagles Jackie and Shadow, they  were on FNC 9am news segment last week. And SF Bay Ospreys. 
Desserts looks so yummy. LOL 'Cat Daddy spa day."

Lisa  I noticed Lori's  '...buttery, flakey' too .   ;D

Sauces bald eagle cam